Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Ace - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Ace 2 (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=190)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Ace (/showthread.php?tid=159405)

RE: [RELEASE] Ace - ethricsoul - 2013-04-06

Has anyone answered your question on where to find the updated version of Ace or is it still a well kept secret?

Toricred
Today 04:15 Post: #352
Where are you guys getting 1.4 from? The repository only shows 1.3 for me and it won't download at all.

RE: [RELEASE] Ace - LtMarx - 2013-04-06

Since the last update of ace my remote control acts like a mouse. I control the mouse pointer in stead of just going through menu items. Turning off mouse control in settings doesnt help. Any thoughts?

RE: [RELEASE] Ace - tube82 - 2013-04-06

(2013-04-02, 10:04)seb0p Wrote:
(2013-03-29, 14:52)seb0p Wrote: Is it possible to set the Info Line inverted like it's possible under the movie section?

I can't recognize the age logo.

Any help how i can do this?

greetz seb0p

First I want to say that this skin is really shaping up to be one of my favorites! Really well done and getting better with each release!

One of the few problems I have is the one concerning the german FSK ratings, as reported by seb0p. It still exists in 1.4.

I'll show it in some more detail:

In the main menu widget the german FSK rating is not readible and too high for the box it is displayed in.

In the dark version of the flags bar everything is OK:

In the non-dark version the rating isn't readable here either:

Finally, in the movie informations panel, the rating is too big for the box it is in:

RE: [RELEASE] Ace - abba77 - 2013-04-06

(2013-04-06, 15:19)ethricsoul Wrote: Has anyone answered your question on where to find the updated version of Ace or is it still a well kept secret?

Toricred
Where are you guys getting 1.4 from? The repository only shows 1.3 for me and it won't download at all.

after installing from skin addons within xbmc, its been updating automatically, check your settings:
settings > add-ons > enabled add-ons > skin > ace > update

I forgot how to force an update if its not detected automatically.

RE: [RELEASE] Ace - JimThend - 2013-04-06

I forgot .. you can move the logo artist?? some times is not visible

RE: [RELEASE] Ace - OldTerrier - 2013-04-06

-Great skin.

Just one question, how can i get cdart to show in the music section ? It is perfect in movies, right list, but i cant see it in the music sub section.

RE: [RELEASE] Ace - Toricred - 2013-04-06

I was finally able to get this installed and working the way I want for the most part. Is there a way to get the weather forecast to show up on the home screen when the highlighted item is weather? Then when selected it would show all the details.

RE: [RELEASE] Ace - Omegatron - 2013-04-06

(2013-04-01, 21:10)MarcosQui Wrote:
(2013-04-01, 14:41)Omegatron Wrote: Nice changes, but im still missing the extrafanart path fix when playing music (no extrafanart appears from the artist in main menu)

In version 1.3.2 this was improved, in full screen I say. Main menu not have support to extrafanart.

Marcos, can you please give me a clear answer to the following 4 questions?:

1. will you implement the extrafanart for music artist in main menu like in MQ4?
2. Can clearlogo be shown in main menu when listening to music?
3. Artistinfo is not working properly in main menu. I have to rescan all ablums manually when listening to a album in order to recieve artist thumbnails and artist information in main menu. (no problems with this in MQ4).
4. Is there an option to disable the "next track" in main menu? (takes up way too much space as it is now)

Im listening to a lot of music with xbmc. The way Ace looks when listening to music its a downgrade of MQ4, rest of Ace is awesome!

I know you cant make the perfect skin for everybody but i would like to know if you going to keep it as it is or if you will change it.

If not then ill roll back to MQ4 (with sadness).

Hope to hear from you soon, thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] Ace - ethricsoul - 2013-04-06

Ace has automatically updated a few times since the original installation, but in XBMC settings Ace is still listed as version 1.0.3, so I'm not sure what version I actually have?

(2013-04-06, 16:46)abba77 Wrote:
(2013-04-06, 15:19)ethricsoul Wrote: Has anyone answered your question on where to find the updated version of Ace or is it still a well kept secret?

Toricred

after installing from skin addons within xbmc, its been updating automatically, check your settings:
settings > add-ons > enabled add-ons > skin > ace > update

I forgot how to force an update if its not detected automatically.

RE: [RELEASE] Ace - 559iceman - 2013-04-07

(2013-04-06, 05:43)Jame5Bond Wrote: Also, I noticed there is a new watched icon. With all due respect, the new one is a major downgrade. If you could go back to the eye icon but without the box around it, that would be best. Remember, for a clean and simple look, less is more. If there is no reason to have a box around an icon, then there probably should not be a box around the icon, especially since the iconography of the skin does not have a theme where all icons have boxes around them (see, for example, Windows 8 user interface has a theme where is iconography all have circles).

I love this skin, very well done Marcos. But I do agree with Jame5Bond that the new watched icon is a disappointing. I preferred the old eye icon. But other than that You have the best skin for XBMC . ThanksRofl

RE: [RELEASE] Ace - bostoneric - 2013-04-07

(2013-04-06, 09:46)Bigmonty Wrote:
(2013-04-06, 04:52)bostoneric Wrote: updated to latest version today 1.4.0. using the horizontal menu bar there are 2 white bars on the very right edge now.

I dont get this. Mine is fine.

well clearly you can see it in my picture so just because yours doesnt show it doesnt mean there isnt anything wrong.

(2013-04-06, 10:50)Bigmonty Wrote:
(2013-04-06, 04:52)bostoneric Wrote: I tried some of the different themes for the menu bar, but they all seem to stand out. is there a "clear" version or dark one that doesnt stand out so much?

Im not sure if this what you are looking for but you can get a clear menu background. You just need to select Skin Settings/Style/My Style.

I use this and think it looks great.

again you arent very observant because if you see in the picture i posted I am using "My Style"

sorry not trying to start a fight, just hoping for some help.

RE: [RELEASE] Ace - aksarge - 2013-04-07

I love the new watched indicator.

Highly visible to my old eyes!

Speaking of old eyes., is there any setting anywhere, besides getting a larger TV, to make the posters larger in TV NEXT AIR, either through the Skin or program add-on?

I'm off to that form to see if any other old person has found anything or can advise.

RE: [RELEASE] Ace - Hetfiled - 2013-04-07

(2013-04-07, 00:47)559iceman Wrote: I love this skin, very well done Marcos. But I do agree with Jame5Bond that the new watched icon is a disappointing. I preferred the old eye icon. But other than that You have the best skin for XBMC . ThanksRofl

mee too Nod

RE: [RELEASE] Ace - Bigmonty - 2013-04-07

(2013-04-07, 02:31)bostoneric Wrote: well clearly you can see it in my picture so just because yours doesnt show it doesnt mean there isnt anything wrong

again you arent very observant because if you see in the picture i posted I am using "My Style"

sorry not trying to start a fight, just hoping for some help.

To be honest the way you have worded that does sound like you are trying to start a fight. You'll get very little help from people responding like that.

I too am using My Style and mine is completely clear so I dont know what you are doing to get it not clear and with two bars at the sides. Under Styles menu I have My Styles selected and nothing else.

It doesnt't seem like anybody else has had that problem in the thread so far so maybe it's not the skin that's at fault?

RE: [RELEASE] Ace - mange82 - 2013-04-07

Very nice skin. Great work!
I cant find the "add new tag" in this skin is it implemented?
Would like to try to mess around a bit with the new video library tags.
/Mange