Kodi Community Forum
CCM - Confluence Customizable Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Confluence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=125)
+---- Thread: CCM - Confluence Customizable Mod (/showthread.php?tid=160184)

RE: Confluence Customizable Mod - utahman3431 - 2013-04-01

Yeah I'm still a noob to the whole skinning/modding realm of XBMC...I'm starting to get the hang of it though!

Thanks for the reply!

RE: Confluence Customizable Mod - Mudislander - 2013-04-01

The two lines you've deleted - One tells the mod which section it's in so it can show the correct submenu, backgrounds etc and the other is the initial setup so that you actually have a menu system when you first use the mod.

When I was pressing enter on System it would go into the Skin settings...not the System settings.

Its all good now, though. Smile

(2013-04-01, 07:25)utahman3431 Wrote: When I was pressing enter on System it would go into the Skin settings...not the System settings.

Strange - Since you're digging around the skin at +/- line #1049 in Home.xml does it still say the following -

Code:
                    <item id="12">
                        <description>Home Menu Settings</description>
                        <label>$LOCALIZE[13000]</label>
                        <onclick>SetProperty(MenuItemActive,Settings,Home)</onclick>
                        <onclick>SetProperty(MenuItemSelected,Settings,Home)</onclick>
                        <onclick>ActivateWindow(Settings)</onclick>
                        <icon>$INFO[Skin.CurrentTheme,special://skin/backgrounds/,.jpg]</icon>
                        <thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(HomeItem.12.FanArt)]</thumb>
                        <property name="SubMenu">Settings</property>
                        <property name="HiLiteItem">Settings</property>
                    </item>

Especially the bit
PHP Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Settings)</onclick

RE: Confluence Customizable Mod - HobieWanKenobi - 2013-04-01

Hi,

Just switched over to this skin, and it is very cool.

I'm on an Apple TV2, and I've added Playlists as menu items. When I try to exit out to the main menu, I have to push the menu button like 5 times to get there. I am coming from Aeon Nox, and it was only a one time button press. Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong, or is there a setting I can change?

Thanks.

Sounds like my fault, I need to check but probably haven't tacked on a "return" to the command. I'll look at it now for you.

Thanks, appreciate it.

Also, is there a way to get rid of the grey bar going across the bottom of the screen? Or to make it shorter (not as tall), like just above button height?

Again, awesome work, man.

(2013-04-01, 07:51)HobieWanKenobi Wrote: Thanks, appreciate it.

Also, is there a way to get rid of the grey bar going across the bottom of the screen? Or to make it shorter (not as tall), like just above button height?

Again, awesome work, man.

First question - yep my fault, will fix but you'll have to re-add your playlist once the update is out.

Second question - Are you talking about the floor, latest version has a much softer floor than original (Actually not sure if it looks better or not)

Not too sure what the proper term for it is, but it might be the floor.

It's just the grey gradient bar that runs along the bottom of my TV screen. The Favorites button and the Power button sit on top of it, or in front of it rather.

Thanks for the fix, one more quick question.

If I wanted to duplicate the skin settings on another installation, what files do I need to copy over. I copied the repo, the skin folder, and the guisettings.xml, but it didn't "sync". If it's not possible, then I'll just do it manually.

Thanks again.

(2013-04-01, 08:14)HobieWanKenobi Wrote: Not too sure what the proper term for it is, but it might be the floor.

It's just the grey gradient bar that runs along the bottom of my TV screen. The Favorites button and the Power button sit on top of it, or in front of it rather.

Thanks for the fix, one more quick question.

If I wanted to duplicate the skin settings on another installation, what files do I need to copy over. I copied the repo, the skin folder, and the guisettings.xml, but it didn't "sync". If it's not possible, then I'll just do it manually.

Thanks again.

Here's screen shot of Confluence with original floor. Latest versions of this Mod have a different softer floor as per screenshot in first post. is that what you're talking about.

Re duplicate settings on another machine. guisettings.xml in your userdata holds all the skin settings (All skins installed) but you're probably going to have problems with source paths and database content. Personally would think it's easier just to set up the other machine individually.

Yes, that's it. Guess I don't have the latest version, but that's okay since I can just wait for the new version.

I have three machines synced up pretty good, libraries, etc. And I was able to duplicate my Nox installation the same way, but it will be easy enough to set it up manually.

Thanks.

Ok, the fix for the playlist will be included in version1.0.4 - will probably only release it next weekend. If you can't wait grab "CustomMenuAddon.xml" from the Git and put it in your "XBMC\addons\skin.confluence.custom.mod\720p" folder & restart XBMC.

Seperate note the Mod is now on Transifex If anyone would like to help with translations

Awesome.

If I wanted to remove the submenus, how would I go about doing that?

(2013-04-01, 07:39)Mudislander Wrote:
(2013-04-01, 07:25)utahman3431 Wrote: When I was pressing enter on System it would go into the Skin settings...not the System settings.

Strange - Since you're digging around the skin at +/- line #1049 in Home.xml does it still say the following -

Code:
                    <item id="12">
                        <description>Home Menu Settings</description>
                        <label>$LOCALIZE[13000]</label>
                        <onclick>SetProperty(MenuItemActive,Settings,Home)</onclick>
                        <onclick>SetProperty(MenuItemSelected,Settings,Home)</onclick>
                        <onclick>ActivateWindow(Settings)</onclick>
                        <icon>$INFO[Skin.CurrentTheme,special://skin/backgrounds/,.jpg]</icon>
                        <thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(HomeItem.12.FanArt)]</thumb>
                        <property name="SubMenu">Settings</property>
                        <property name="HiLiteItem">Settings</property>
                    </item>

Especially the bit
PHP Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Settings)</onclick

I'm not at home now, but when I remote in to look at the file through ssh it appears to have that exactly as you put it. I'll go back and unmodify the files just to make sure I wasn't being a moron and not clicking on the right thing.

(2013-04-01, 18:36)HobieWanKenobi Wrote: Awesome.

If I wanted to remove the submenus, how would I go about doing that?

ATM only by editing xml's

Nearly included an option to not automatically show the submenus. They'd still be there and show on a down keypress. Didn't include it because there would be no indication that there was a submenu available. If enough users want to hide the submenus I can put it in