Kodi Community Forum
CCM - Confluence Customizable Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Confluence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=125)
+---- Thread: CCM - Confluence Customizable Mod (/showthread.php?tid=160184)

RE: CCM - Confluence Customizable Mod - jrock600 - 2013-11-22

I have been searching all over and cant seem to find the answer to this question:

How do I add TV show logos or clearart to the video OSD? It seems to show all movie's box shots but is just a blank grey box when it comes to TV shows. I have all of the logos for my shows properly appearing in the recent episodes widget so I know that it is not a matter of having to get the logos.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

RE: CCM - Confluence Customizable Mod - Samantha - 2013-11-24

Hi Mudislander,

I haven't tried your Confluence Mod Skin yet, but having read thru 75% of the posts in this thread it is quite obvious you know what you are doing and have a true passion for this sort of thing, soooooooo I am hoping you can help me with something I am trying to do.

System:
  • XP Pro SP3 with all current Updates and Hotfixes
  • XBMC Frodo 12.2
  • MySQL Database
I am pretty good at many forms of programing, and working with databases, and I have looked at the XML files and pretty much understand how they work, but I just can't wrap my head around how and where to edit, (I am most confused about the Item Number & the $INFO things and where the program stores or how it associates the Numbers & $INFO with each item), those files to get what I want, lol.

The first move Home Menu Banner down.- Done...:Cool

The second thing is I want to add more Screen Layers to the Movie Section, (not more Sub-Menus, you have already covered that very nicely, in fact I think I might even remove the Submenus from Movies completely), and I also don't care to work with the playlist stuff, I have already figured out how to modify the database tables, rows, and the dataset to organize everything the way I want, so all that is left to have XBMC perfect for me is to add the new Layers.

Here is an idea of what I would like to accomplish: (I know the years and titles I am using are not correct, just examples).

Titles Row = Default Movie Screen, I use the Fanart View:

Some Titles might be a Collection while others are just a single movie, (Total Recall is a single movie, Matrix is a 3 movie Collection).

Year Row = New Screen Layer

Examples:

Title 1 might be the Conan, which might make 2005 = Conan The Barbarian & 2012 = Conan The Destroyer

Title 4 might be the Matrix Collection, which would make 2008 = Matrix, 2010 = Matrix Reloaded, & 2012 = Matrix Revolutions

Disc Row = New Screen Layer

Examples:

2012 = Conan The Destroyer which might make Disc 1 The Main Movie Disc & Disc 2 The Bonus Features Disc

2008 = Matrix which might make Disc 1 The Main Movie Disc & Disc 2 The Bonus Features Disc

The actual play screen would not activate except from the Disc Layer instead of from the Default Titles Layer as it does now.
My first guess on this is I will need to construct a new XML File to define the new Screen Layers I want to use, and then add those to the Includes.xml file, but that is just my first "Blonde" guess, giggles.

I am certain I can handle hacking the Default Skin if it can be done with just the XML files and you can give me some assistance with what and where to change what files.

Thanks for your time and attention ahead of time!

Have A Wonderful Day!!

Samantha

RE: CCM - Confluence Customizable Mod - Mudislander - 2013-11-24

Hi Samantha, the changes you want are pretty major and not to be undertaken lightly. I would suggest read up on Skinning in the wiki until you understand it.

Other useful pages are Window ID's, Boolean Conditions , Built in Functions and Info Labels

Also you're not talking about a few hours of playing around with a bit of code, I wouldn't be surprised for that lot to take up to a year of work, so I'd suggest find a skin that you basically like and start adding in your own personal changes a little at a time and it'll all come together.

Good luck Smile

(2013-11-22, 09:38)simonbjornes Wrote: Sorry if someone has mentioned this already.
But I have problems with video fanart backgrounds.
It stays on the skin default background if i mark Skin-Settings > Backgrounds> Enable Global Background.
It stays on the skin video background if i unmark Skin-Settings > Backgrounds> Enable Global Background.

And Skin-settings > General > Hide backgroundfanart is greyed out.
Is there any fix or resion for that?

Edit i see now that it is the Enable Minimum Spec. Settings that courses this.
Is there a way to have Enable Minimum Spec. Settings on and still have backgroundfanart?

Don't enable Minimum Specs and turn off everything you don't use. From memory Minimum Spec changes the following

Enables Global Backgrounds
Hides Busy Animation
Sets Plot Descriptions to Short not Long Plot
Hides Background Fanart
Hides the Next 5 Song Scroller
Disables the XBMC Intro Video
Turns Off CD Art

Maybe a few others, I'd need to check

(2013-11-22, 21:55)jrock600 Wrote: I have been searching all over and cant seem to find the answer to this question:

How do I add TV show logos or clearart to the video OSD? It seems to show all movie's box shots but is just a blank grey box when it comes to TV shows. I have all of the logos for my shows properly appearing in the recent episodes widget so I know that it is not a matter of having to get the logos.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Is it possible to see a screenshot ? Picture is worth a thousand words Smile

(2013-11-18, 22:59)thebearnecessit Wrote:
(2013-11-18, 22:08)jmh2002 Wrote: It works for me. Under AddOns > Movie Information > TMDB > Configure: do you have Enable Trailer (YouTube) switched ON ?

yeah i have that setting switched on.

spec; android box (atv1200), xbmc 12.2, ccm 1.3.1.

it was working for ages, and its now been missing for a few months.

i don't suppose a log is going to be much use is it?

I've no idea Big Grin Haven't used CCM for a while, but I'll load it up next week & check for you. Have a few things to change anyway.

RE: CCM - Confluence Customizable Mod - Samantha - 2013-11-24

Hi Mudislander,

Thanks so much for the promt reply!

Also Thanks for the links, I think at least a few of them are something I was just going to ask about, lol.

I have moved the Home Screen Menu Bar Down and it looks MUCH better, also hide the Favorites button, & the Movies Sub-Menu,
(basically just comented it out, but left the code in place).

Now I have made the Floor section on the Movie List Screen Fanart View smaller, however I have found that the transparent black overlay cpvering the rest of the screen doesn't actually cover the entire screen, so when I reduced the size of the Floor I now have a small strip above the Floor where my background image is not covered by the overlay.

I am surprised to find the settings for the overlay don't appear to be in the same file as the Floor settings, any idea wher eto look for those settings?

Thanks

Have a Wonderful Day!!

Samantha

Okay - Have Reverted to Frodo & have CCM up & running

Just for fun added in Live backgrounds for Music, TVShows & Movies, original idea by Nox - Thanks Wink

To save me back tracking pages & pages I could do with a list of stuff not working properly eg: Year in title ? Cheers Guys.

(2013-11-24, 22:38)Samantha Wrote: Now I have made the Floor section on the Movie List Screen Fanart View smaller, however I have found that the transparent black overlay cpvering the rest of the screen doesn't actually cover the entire screen, so when I reduced the size of the Floor I now have a small strip above the Floor where my background image is not covered by the overlay.

I am surprised to find the settings for the overlay don't appear to be in the same file as the Floor settings, any idea wher eto look for those settings?

I've not been using this Mod for a while, so am not sure exactly, but is probably an image called "black-back.png" and may be called from one of the following places - IncludesBackgroundBuilding.xml, MyVideoNav.xml or from the view itself. I usually use an include called "Dimensions_Fullscreen" which covers the whole screen but in certain cases had to use individual dimensions.

RE: CCM - Confluence Customizable Mod - Samantha - 2013-11-25

Hi Mudislander,

OK Thanks again for such a prompt and informative reply, I truely appreciate it.

I have already been in some of those files and yes indeed there is at least one reference to black-black.png and I suspected it might be what I was looking for, however so far I haven't been able to change the settings for the references I have found and been able to see a difference, but I don't give up, lol.

I will figure it out..

To you and everyone else on this forum:

No matter where you live or what holidays you celebrate during this time of year.

From my family to yours, we wish each and everyone All The Best, a Safe and Happy Holiday Season!

Have a Super Wonderful Day!

Samantha

RE: CCM - Confluence Customizable Mod - blubserl - 2013-11-25

(2013-11-16, 01:25)o007 Wrote: Hi MudislanderSmile

I don't know if this is related to the skin, but sometimes xbmc freezes when I click a sub-menu on the home screen.

Any idea?!

i also still have this problem...it seems to occur, when the homescreen is inactive for some time. to reproduce:

start xbmc, do nothing for some minutes (stay on homescreen), navigate to submenu (eg videos - files & folders) --> freeze.

i use openelec btw, what system/build do you use o007?

RE: CCM - Confluence Customizable Mod - Mudislander - 2013-11-25

My main machine is OpenElec with a projector, but the Mod is built on a Win7 laptop. The only "freeze" I've noticed is if the Mod is waiting for extra artwork from a networked drive. However I'll start testing for you.

Anyone else have this or similar problem ?

RE: CCM - Confluence Customizable Mod - jmh2002 - 2013-11-25

(2013-11-24, 23:11)Mudislander Wrote: Okay - Have Reverted to Frodo & have CCM up & running

To save me back tracking pages & pages I could do with a list of stuff not working properly eg: Year in title ? Cheers Guys.

From here, Page 66, 11 Sept 2013: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=160184&pid=1504109#pid1504109

(2013-09-11, 09:43)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2013-09-11, 07:52)Mudislander Wrote: Back in the current century Big Grin Bit disconnected from the MOD as a result of being away so long.
Welcome back Nod

I guess this is a good way to reconnect Laugh

*** SUMMARY LIST OF REQUESTS ***

* REQUESTS PLANNED FOR NEXT UPDATE

-

* REQUESTS OUTSTANDING (approved, but no time frame yet)

- Add Arrow Buttons to Weather widget to enable change of Location
(and not require needing to go into weather once to enable this function)
- EPG/PVR Screen Mod (maybe several months until this is ready)
- Show Title in Wide View
- Add a toggle on Fanart view to switch between the thumbs / logos / clear art
- Check again the 'Duplicate Year' issue (duplicates showing again)
- "Show video OSD menu" disabled / show info bar at start of videos bug
(http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=160184&pid=1479847#pid1479847)
- Cover Art is not shown when playing videos in certain situations (new bug created by skin update)
(http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=160184&pid=1480061#pid1480061)

* NEW REQUESTS (pending approval by Mudislander)

- Ability to Dim the "Album Art Background Wall", so that the now playing data is more visible above the wall items.
-

EDIT: Up to date from 1.3.1 released 07 Aug 2013 until today

Cheers, I'll go through the list. BTW update 1.3.3 released - includes new language files & Live Backgrounds

RE: CCM - Confluence Customizable Mod - jmh2002 - 2013-11-25

Since page 66 there have been some issues raised by others, IIRC some valid, and some pehaps not... But I dont have time to go through every page either right now.

I dont think there is anything else major, otherwise I would have noticed it (XBMC used daily with CCM on 3 different devices Smile ).

I think the following are the only 'bugs' that are of any kind of significance for the moment:

(2013-09-11, 09:43)jmh2002 Wrote: - Check again the 'Duplicate Year' issue (duplicates showing again)
- "Show video OSD menu" disabled / show info bar at start of videos bug
(http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=160184&pid=1479847#pid1479847)
- Cover Art is not shown when playing videos in certain situations (new bug created by skin update)
(http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=160184&pid=1480061#pid1480061)

And PS: Nice to have you back working on CCM NodAngel

Added toggle for duplicate year, problem was XBMC did not search the title properly to check if it was already in & therefore displayed it regardless. Worked for me as I didn't include the year in my titles, but others obviously duplicated.

Toggle can be found in v1.33 Skin Settings --> General Settings --> First option under the "Miscellaneous Options Heading"

(2013-11-25, 13:58)Con6tY5efs Wrote: plus a couple of other things.

Whoops screenies missing Big Grin