Kodi Community Forum
CCM - Confluence Customizable Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Confluence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=125)
+---- Thread: CCM - Confluence Customizable Mod (/showthread.php?tid=160184)

RE: Confluence Customizable Mod - Mudislander - 2013-05-12

Sure - Haven't really got to the media views yet, want to add a few more soon. Which views would you like the banners in? BTW that's why I like bright yellow checkmarks Big Grin

RE: Confluence Customizable Mod - protocol77 - 2013-05-12

i cannot remember all the ones off the top of my head and I am not near the xbmc machine at the moment but perhaps the Fanart view those posters are already small from a distance without having white ticks on them

I too agree and prefer a coloured tick on items as well yellow seems to stand out quite well against most backgrounds as does Orange and Green I have found

also perhaps the option to choose either ClearArt or Logo's for the OSD when playing an episode I personally prefer the Logo and it is usually better sometimes when a Clearart has not been created for a show

finally not sure if you plan to do any more views but if you do perhaps a logo view similar to the Fanart view I mentioned above so that you have the choice between displaying posters or Logos to navigate between

this stuff is of course up to you I don't have the knowledge on how to edit these files to get what I am asking otherwise I would do it myself Smile my knowledge extends about as far as editing an advancedsettings.xml I wouldn't even know what to look for or what file to edit

I also like the idea of adding a Movie Plot description to the Posterwrap view so you don't have to go to context menu and load information for each movie

Logo option for OSD done, will be up on Git today or in next update. ATM You can toggle between ClearArt & Logos. Default action will first try ClearArt if none exist will try show Logo & if still none fallback to Media Cover. If Logos selected will bypass trying ClearArt.

Re Plot on poster view - room is a bit tight, but could swap out year for the tag line if that's acceptable. The year could always be tagged onto the title. let me know what you think.

Re yellow tick, I miss it. but didn't go down too well Big Grin May put it back & make a different textures file for the guys that really don't like it.

Will start work on media views soon, will probably be lazy & pinch them out of hybrid. Wondering if we need DVD cases though. Maybe clear glass cases as an option, but nothing fancy stating DVD/BluRay etc

RE: Confluence Customizable Mod - mh76 - 2013-05-12

(2013-05-12, 14:08)Mudislander Wrote: Logo option for OSD done, will be up on Git today or in next update. ATM You can toggle between ClearArt & Logos. Default action will first try ClearArt if none exist will try show Logo & if still none fallback to Media Cover. If Logos selected will bypass trying ClearArt.

Re Plot on poster view - room is a bit tight, but could swap out year for the tag line if that's acceptable. The year could always be tagged onto the title. let me know what you think.

Re yellow tick, I miss it. but didn't go down too well Big Grin May put it back & make a different textures file for the guys that really don't like it.

Will start work on media views soon, will probably be lazy & pinch them out of hybrid. Wondering if we need DVD cases though. Maybe clear glass cases as an option, but nothing fancy stating DVD/BluRay etc

Although i am not a skinner and i have no idea if what i going to suggest is easy to do, this skin mod from dharma confluence [http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=82065] had some great media views that i would love to them ported into your skin (eg the vertical logo view, the classic media info, halfwall2 etc). Actually all of them work on frodo as well, the skin does not work 100% but the views, which have a great layout IMO and give a lot of info in a clear way, do.

it would be great if with some adjustment you could add them into the existing ones
also is there a way to have a show next five songs options on home screen?

and since i am on the topic how easy would it be to port the entire mod (lower home bar, layout, views font position and size etc.) into frodo confluence?

Big Grin Was wondering where that MOD was. Basically those are the views or a version of that I will be using. BTW this Mod can now lower the Main Menu. Re the Next 5 Songs - I use the RSS Feed bar for that & sorry will not change back to that older style as I feel there is no where to fit it.

It is possible to port that MOD into Frodo, but a lot of work & frankly would be easier to start from scratch.

RE: Confluence Customizable Mod - EngineerPeter - 2013-05-13

Mudislander - Thanks for this; set this up over the weekend and it's perfect (wife and children friendly) and keeps everything smooth from a performance POV!

Good work!

RE: Confluence Customizable Mod - mh76 - 2013-05-13

(2013-05-12, 20:42)Mudislander Wrote: Big Grin Was wondering where that MOD was. Basically those are the views or a version of that I will be using. BTW this Mod can now lower the Main Menu. Re the Next 5 Songs - I use the RSS Feed bar for that & sorry will not change back to that older style as I feel there is no where to fit it.

It is possible to port that MOD into Frodo, but a lot of work & frankly would be easier to start from scratch.

Thanks Mudislander. For me that's great news especially if you can keep the layout and font size in these views, well more or less i understand that some adjustments will have to be made.

Re: lower home bar. i updated using the latest version from github just now, for some reason i do not see the option (i assume you were refering to your mod in the sentence above) where is the option to lower the bar?.

Re: next five songs, i have tried both with the rss option enabled and disabled. Next five songs do not appear in home screen where the rss feed usually does.
I could not find a special option to enable/disable that either, i assume that it would be done by default. I only see that in Hybrid and fullscreen but not in your confluence mod.

and something more can you integrate the orange/blue watched/new status icons you use on hybrid?

RE: Confluence Customizable Mod - Mudislander - 2013-05-14

Options for "LowerMainMenu" & "Next5Songs" can be found in Settings under General below the headings "Home Screen" and "Misc.." as per screenie

If they still are not working let me know

Just to be frivolous will add a option similar to country age rating for the watched check marks - Since everyone has a different idea on what they should look like Big Grin

Edit As an after thought here's screenie of Home Page with lowered Menu & Next 5 Songs

RE: Confluence Customizable Mod - mh76 - 2013-05-14

(2013-05-14, 14:03)Mudislander Wrote: Options for "LowerMainMenu" & "Next5Songs" can be found in Settings under General below the headings "Home Screen" and "Misc.." as per screenie

Mudislander, first of all thanks for the screens. They helped me release that my version of the skin was not updating correctly and therefore I was missing certain features. I completely deleted, reinstalled through the repo and now is all good.

Second I would like to thank you for all your hard work on this mod. Confluence is a great base-skin especially for those who run xbmc in a rather old hardware (atom 330 in my case). Your efforts and devotion of free time to add to Confluence a number of features that are becoming more or less essential for using xbmc is sincerely appreciated.

Third some minor suggestions for the visualization during music playback.
1. On the home screen (not in full screen mode) the skin does not fetch for additional images to present them in sequence, it just animates one. If, during the playback of the same song, you switch to fullscreen, then immediately more images are being displayed, in addition to the first one.
2. The three lines of info next to cd cover (Artist – Album / Song title / Duration) are very difficult to read, being white, on bright background pics. I understand that changing the color will not solve anything since the same may happen on different color backgrounds. Maybe you should consider some kind shading behind the info to make it more discernible.

Once again thanks for your great work, I am waiting for the updated version with the additional views.

RE: Confluence Customizable Mod - Mudislander - 2013-05-15

Cheers Smile

Latest released version always on my repo, others like SR are slow to catch up

Answer to your suggestions

1. Initial idea was that it's easy to use the fanart image for the artist as easy yes/no answer to does fanart exist. I don't want to use Artist Slideshow as some of the "UnKnown" fanart is not too good. Using Extra Fanart images are a little hit and miss as you can't determine if the image is actually present. However I've been listening to music on the home screen over the last few days & must admit extra images are needed.

2. Yep definitely needed, too much cut/paste type coding, will change it.

RE: Confluence Customizable Mod - protocol77 - 2013-05-17

hey i am not sure if this is something you can help with as i am not sure if you implemented this feature to begin with but with the Home Widget Script i have it set to update each time i enter the home screen however when i say have gone into the movies section or the settings or something and then return to the main menu the latest items have not been updated to show on the home screen widgets

for example i have added some new shows but the recent episodes widget does not refresh so i can seem them on there even though they have been added to the show folder on the tv shows section of xbmc

Re: Confluence Customizable Mod - Chewy74 - 2013-05-18

Sorry for the silly question, but I think I accidentally put skin in kiosk mode, or disabled the systems tab on the main menu. How do I get it back since I can't access the system settings.

Thanks

Re: RE: Confluence Customizable Mod - Chewy74 - 2013-05-18

I did this as well, but do not have the shut down menu pop up. I'm on atv2 and the power button only shuts down XBMC

How do I get back into settings?

(2013-05-10, 12:49)Mudislander Wrote:
(2013-05-10, 07:41)myle Wrote: install this Skin

just did a Blond thing

Hide the system option form the main menu

how do i show it again

thanks

:D Good thing I thought about that.

When "system" hidden on main menu it moves to the shutdown menu.as per Screenie. Use keyboard "S" button if power button also hidden.

Re: Confluence Customizable Mod - Chewy74 - 2013-05-18

Solved my problem by editing the guisettings.xml

RE: Confluence Customizable Mod - Mudislander - 2013-05-18

(2013-05-17, 17:14)protocol77 Wrote: hey i am not sure if this is something you can help with as i am not sure if you implemented this feature to begin with but with the Home Widget Script i have it set to update each time i enter the home screen however when i say have gone into the movies section or the settings or something and then return to the main menu the latest items have not been updated to show on the home screen widgets

for example i have added some new shows but the recent episodes widget does not refresh so i can seem them on there even though they have been added to the show folder on the tv shows section of xbmc

Problem is with the script, the skin only shows what the script presents as recently added. Just to be sure try checking with another skin.

(2013-05-18, 04:57)Chewy74 Wrote: Solved my problem by editing the guisettings.xml

That would work Big Grin I actually don't like the option to hide things like the "system" or "power" buttons but a lot of people do. Any suggestions ?