Kodi Community Forum
[THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Xperience1080 (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=197)
+----- Thread: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK (/showthread.php?tid=160560)

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ CMYK - Saste - 2013-04-07

EDIT: and a more transparent osd

will update GIT so you can test it by yourself and see it in action Wink

EDIT2: UPDATE is up on GIT

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ CMYK - PatrickBateman - 2013-04-07

Hey Saste, this is the second screenshot I was describing/referring to. I meant the second image of the 3 you posted Big Grin

I think this is my favourite design from the ones posted, I can't explain it, but it has good level of transparency and like a layered feel to it? My description is poor I know Laugh

I'll shall test the new one though and will report back ASAP, the new black with transparency may great in person Big Grin

I also like the Addition o clear art, I think it looks very good indeed Nod

Great addition, nice update, awesome work and testing it now Big Grin
Thanks Saste

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ CMYK - Saste - 2013-04-07

now ithink we got the right colour Wink its almost exactly the audioosd one just retouched cause selfmade
not the original png used because it was a little crappy Wink

up on GIT

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ CMYK - PatrickBateman - 2013-04-07

Well,
What can I say... It's fantastic!

Feedback Updated:
The new modified black with transparency similar to the Audio Offset screen looks fantastic, sleek modern and very very tidy. The entire overlay Is perfect and flows so evenly with the rest of the skin! Nod

All info in presented in a smart, elegan and very informative manner, this is incredibly impressive!
Clear art is a great addition.
Overall it's virtually bug free and looks great!

Ignore this section for now... Currently testing new version
Bugs/issues/anomalies

Ideas for the future:
1) Add an option to enable/disable the clear art on OSD
2) Remove option "OSD image for TV shows (Video OSD)" from the Skin settings, as its no longer supported OR change this switch to enable/disable feature 1 above.
3) Fix for yellow/grey tiles on home when only 2 tiles are coloured
4) Display codec information on "up" in OSD

There we go,
A full report Big Grin
I really had to nip pick and hunt for flaws... Even if nothing changes, this is still currently the best skin around bar none!

Please don't think my feedback is complaints... It's not... Just posting as much info (good/bad) as I can for you. I actually struggled to find any real issues and the ones I posted are minor niggles at best.

You have done n incredible job, I can hardly believe just how incredible this skin is!

Well done Saste,
Looking forward to seeing what's yet to come from that design brain of yours Big Grin

EDIT:
Aghhh dammit :Rofl:
You fixed the issues i posted BEFORE I even posted them!!! How the.... Laugh You dam time traveling coding machine you!

Please Ignore my bug post above... I'll edit it accordingly Laugh

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ CMYK - Saste - 2013-04-08

finally got it working to show codec info on info up osd Wink

have to redesign the icons but dont have time for it yet but will happen till tomorrow.

I have also deleted the entry on osd settings to change between poster/clearart/logo.
tried to change this to enable/disable OSD Clearlogo but dont get it to work by now.

Greetz
Saste

@pat: found the reason why this yellow on grey home bug is not to solve (for me) in crni's Mod there is this bug too instead of yellow you only get a transparent tile instead of a grey one (fixed that).
but couldn't get it to just overlay the recently added tile with the yellow png cause these two tiles are combined and only get on PNG which counts for both Sad.

but if your daughter likes to get rid of the yellow one just delete/rename the file "media/windows/home/addedtile.png" and she can see the recently added album covers as it was before but now has a grey not transparent tile above Wink

EDIT: Of Course UPDATE available on GITHUB

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ CMYK - PatrickBateman - 2013-04-08

Awesome!
It's coming a long nicely this Saste Nod

I'll try the fix you mention on her build, so basically she just needs to delete the yellow png frm media/home and then disable the colours in settings and this provides 1 grey tile and the normal default "new albums" tile from crni mod, that should be fine for her, if not ... Tough Rofl

The codec info looks great, i really like that. You have done very very well designing this section! It looks perfect!

I'll get on this ASAP and test/post back my findings ASAP
Thanks again Saste,

Currently THE most professional looking skin available (IMO)
This is a work of art and you should be proud, If I were you I'd use it as part of my portfolio Nod

Small bug:
When in Skin Settings, "Home" category, there is a section labeled "music tile" this contains no text in the dialog box but does contain 4 switches.

They still work correctly but it's labeled incorrectly and has missing text Wink

Edit:
That tile removal workaround has worked for her machine, It's as near as dammit so thank you and no doubt a thanks from her when she gets in Big Grin

Edit: bug update:
The Music tiles colour is no longer changing when switch is enabled? They stay grey instead of turning black?

Request:

Hey Saste, this request might go against the provisions of the skin, however difficult would it be to change all the yellow music tiles to the lime colour?

I have tested the lime on numerous different sections and I have to say the lime looks fantastic and it's a shame it's hidden away only for PVR use only. Maybe moved to weather or music section would be nice?

The lime looks so much sleeker than the yellow and gives a real pastel colour effect on the main menu, I have it tested currently with weather section.

I can see however tht this may not be in keeping with the overall CMYK theme but iif Yellow or black is moved to PVR it should be ok Wink

I'm just trying to think of ways to make it even more pretty, and the lime is gorgeous, What do you think?

(2013-04-08, 15:01)PatrickBateman Wrote: Small bug:
When in settings, Under the home catagory, there is a section labeled "music tile" this contains no text but 4 switches.

They still work correctly but it's labeled incorrectly and has missing text Wink
weird... works for me but the music tile text i have to rename

(2013-04-08, 15:01)PatrickBateman Wrote: Edit:
Music tiles colour is no longer changing when switch is enabled? Thy stay grey instead of black?

i am sure you mean weather tile Wink but there you are right try to fix that

(2013-04-08, 15:01)PatrickBateman Wrote: Request:

Hey Saste, this request might go against the provisions of the skin, however difficult would it be to change all the yellow music tiles to the lime colour?

I have tested the lime on numerous different sections and I have to say the lime looks fantastic and it's a shame it's hidden away only for PVR use only. Maybe moved to weather or music section would be nice?

The lime looks so much sleeker than the yellow and gives a real pastel colour effect on the main menu, I have it tested currently with weather section.

I can see however tht this may not be in keeping with the overall CMYK theme but iif Yellow or black is moved to PVR it should be ok

I'm just trying to think of ways to make it even more pretty, and the lime is gorgeous, What do you think?

yes you are absolutely right!!! that is what i have been thinking about too... but the reason why i haven't done that is what you already mentioned... i cant mess the overall idea of cmyk up (in my head) only to let it look more fantastic...
but you are defenetly right the lime colour is awesome and i would be more happy with this than the yellow one... it was even hard for me to make the pvr section lime, thats why i reverted it to grey.

perhaps if we can find an other name we can combine this colour with o.O

one thing i could do is to make a skin where you can choose between the yellow and lime for music but than the grey would be gone (as always only because the lack of coding skills Wink )

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT: All bugs are fixed and up one GIT Wink

Hey, yea I meant to say weather section not music Rofl

I'll re-test the settings menu, but there is no text in this section for me?
It also shouldn't be called labeled "music tile" in the settings as it opens a dialog box that affects all the tiles not just music tiles?I think previously it was just called "tile colours" or something?

You could change the colours and then change the name to,
Xperiance+ pastel
Xperiance+ Saste
Xperiance+ Titanum (due to the titanium white used on the home screen)
Xperiance+ Titanium White Edition
Xperiance+ Opal (like opal fruits/starburst)
Xperiance+ Fruits

Or something like that?
But I definetly think that the next big improvement is a re adjustment of the colours, particularly the yellow.
I have just tested the lime on the weather section and it looks beautiful and goes really well with the weather pictures (green grass, sunsets, blue skies) perhaps if the weather is made lime and musc is made ... Eh ... Maybe like an orange colour (opal fruit / starbust sweet style).

I think a nice orange could work for music, and lime for weather?

yeah fruits sounds great... with that name i am not as restricted as with CMYK and the pvr weather and music section can get nice colours to Wink
but thats how architects thinking Wink if you have a straight design theme than you wont get in any other direction Wink

my favourite would be a nice orange for music a lime green for weather and for pvr perhaps the black one (almoust the same you were thinking about Wink)

Quote:It also shouldn't be called labeled "music tile" in the settings as it opens a dialog box that affects all the tiles not just music tiles?I think previously it was just called "tile colours" or something?
it was labeled like this just forgot to copy the englisch language file to the github folder Wink

(2013-04-08, 16:23)Saste Wrote: yeah fruits sounds great... with that name i am not as restricted as with CMYK and the pvr weather and music section can get nice colours to Wink
but thats how architects thinking Wink if you have a straight design theme than you wont get in any other direction Wink

my favourite would be a nice orange for music a lime green for weather and for pvr perhaps the black one (almoust the same you were thinking about Wink)

Quote:It also shouldn't be called labeled "music tile" in the settings as it opens a dialog box that affects all the tiles not just music tiles?I think previously it was just called "tile colours" or something?
it was labeled like this just forgot to copy the englisch language file to the github folder Wink

Yea Xperiance Fruit or Fruits would work really well and means all different colours could be used and added in the future.

I absolutly agree that the right orange will really improve the overall look of the music section, and the weather section absolutly suits the lime colour. I have it on mine now and it really brings that section to life and the pictures etc stand out so well against that particular colour.

I final suggestion,
Does the codec information section (when lressimg up) always contain 5 icons? If so, what do you think about relocating the the IMDB logo down to the spare 6th slot (bottom right) ... This way it's a complete even icon set?

However, if this icon count changes (sometimes 4/5/6 etc) then I'd say leave it exactly where it is Nod

it will change but mostly there are 5 i think... and furthermore the imdb rating doesn't fit in cause it can't be a single button... (it can but i will have to make one hundredone different buttons in ps for every step the rating can be Wink )

so i have tested the colours and have to say now that i see it yellow fits better in my opinion... i dont know... the contrast between the green of weather (which looks awesome) and magenta of tvshows fits much better...

and an other orange fits better but not as good as the yellow one

Hmm..
It's definetly a hard one to choose from.. I do like the yellow in the screenshot... However, the yellow seems like a standard colour in comparison to the blue and pinky...

I think the 1st image (of the 2 oranges) actually looks really good.

I think that this orange flows with the tones of the other colours, But again that's just from a screen shot it's hard to tell for sure, but this has the best "feeling" for me when compared to the other colours.

The other option is to leave it yellow, but package all these additonal spare choices up in a folder and let everyone go crazy and pick whatever they want Big Grin like a pick n mix fruit Big Grin

Edit:
The only way I can describe it, is that the yellow seems brighter, more contrasty than all the other colours. They are more subtle. I find the yellow too bright and contrasty in comparison. This orange for example, seems subtle and easy going and relaxing like the other colours. If that makes any sense Laugh