Kodi Community Forum
[THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Xperience1080 (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=197)
+----- Thread: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK (/showthread.php?tid=160560)

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ CMYK - Saste - 2013-04-09

@pat couldn't let you wait... Wink look at git for your musictile Wink and some other colours...

so have a good night guys

Ps: think i got the perfect name "rainbow"

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ CMYK - PatrickBateman - 2013-04-09

Giddy giddy gigg-a-dee Laugh

You little star!
I'm on it!

I'll post screens of the colours I use Nod

Thanks so much for this Saste!
You have no idea how grateful I am that you shared this work with the world!

It's perfect!
Pure perfection!

Here are a few quick screenies of the gorgeous new flavours Saste created, before i go to bed!

There are so many new options added and created by Saste, that this skin will soon have infiniate configurations and options for users! Its incredible, the new colours and features should fulfill everyones desired colour schemes.

At my house, we matched the spare room HTPC tiles to match the coloured buttons on that MC remote (using Sastes new alternatives). This means visitors can now associate the home screen colours with the actual coloured buttons on our non standard MC remote, simple for newbies and looks stunning Big Grin

Its Fantastic!

Im also hoping for themed style buttons in the future, like "Dexter" style blood spatter tiles or rusty "Walking Dead" style tiles Big Grin

You should definitely update the first page with the new OSD/Colurs/options etc so that new visitors can see the latest updates. You should do a set of "light" background images, and with the background set to "dark" too as some will not know this feature is available and I know some really like the dark theme and may hold off as they my think it's a "light" only mod.

This skin deserves as much attention as possible as its an incredible mod!
It's stunning!
Well done Saste!

Ps
My screenshots use a non standard background and most likely don't look good to everyones eye, Sastes default wallpapers are much more flattering on the skin, I just used tht one at the time these screens were taken (testing etc)

Other ideas (good and bad)
Here are some ideas in my head, some may be ok, some may be complete rubbish, but better out than in Big Grin

I'm not suggesting these are what to do, or that they will work. Or that they will look good... Just some ideas in my head that may/may not work Big Grin

Themed tiles:
Transparent (or white) tiles with red blood spatter to give the skin a dexter style theme or for a specific use such as a horror movie custom tile?

Transparent (or coloured) tiles with a "walking dead" rusty and worn look for a theme or for a specific use like a custom tile or playlist etc?

Other themes will also work too.

New dark background.
This skin has an incredible titanium white coloured background (its 100% perfect) and has a fantastic (perfect) overlay.
The dark background is good, but not quite as good as the light one.
Could the dark one be tweaked even more? Perhaps to a darker/shinier black like the new OSD or something else that will eek out a little more beauty from it?

Day/Night mode
An option in the skin where users can set the tile colours based on the "light" or "day" theme and separate tile colours based on "night" or "dark" theme colours.

For example, let's say I have movies set to blue on the light background, but prefer silver when on the dark wallpaper/theme. A switch in the skin to allow users to set a "day" (light background/custom tile colours) and a night (dark background/differemt custom tile colours) could be cool?

Option to enable/disable clearart on OSD

Progress bar changes colour as file progresses/ from blue to red As the file get closeer to the end?

That's all I can think of just now,
Off to bed Smile

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ CMYK - Saste - 2013-04-09

(2013-04-09, 01:56)PatrickBateman Wrote: Themed tiles:
Transparent (or white) tiles with red blood spatter to give the skin a dexter style theme or for a specific use such as a horror movie custom tile?

Transparent (or coloured) tiles with a "walking dead" rusty and worn look for a theme or for a specific use like a custom tile or playlist etc?
will work except of the areas with white text on tile or png ill try some Wink

(2013-04-09, 01:56)PatrickBateman Wrote: New dark background.
This skin has an incredible titanium white coloured background (its 100% perfect) and has a fantastic (perfect) overlay.
The dark background is good, but not quite as good as the light one.
Could the dark one be tweaked even more? Perhaps to a darker/shinier black like the new OSD or something else that will eek out a little more beauty from it?
yeah you are right but havent't focused on dark theme yet cause originally it was not planned to share this theme Wink but will think about now Big Grin

(2013-04-09, 01:56)PatrickBateman Wrote: Day/Night mode
An option in the skin where users can set the tile colours based on the "light" or "day" theme and separate tile colours based on "night" or "dark" theme colours.

For example, let's say I have movies set to blue on the light background, but prefer silver when on the dark wallpaper/theme. A switch in the skin to allow users to set a "day" (light background/custom tile colours) and a night (dark background/differemt custom tile colours) could be cool?

Option to enable/disable clearart on OSD

Progress bar changes colour as file progresses/ from blue to red As the file get closeer to the end?
Puuuh.... man... unfortunateliy don't know at all how to realise that... would be awesome though... perhaps ill find some coding guy *lookaroundtheforum* Wink

PS: You are damn crazy man sounds a little obsessed *g* but its fun to work with you and have some guy who is interested in getting this skin further Big Grin

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK - Saste - 2013-04-09

EDIT: Update on GIT but you have to go to first post cause GIT adress changed Wink

Renamed Skin to "RAINBOW"
Live-TV alternative tile support added
3day-weather-tile text whitened cause of bad readability with most tiles
Default Theme is CMYG

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK - PatrickBateman - 2013-04-09

I think i may just be slightly obsessed Rofl but its only because this skin is so amazing!

It's been great fun conversing with you and everyone else in here, bashing ideas around testing etc. This skin (your work) has made my HTPC look and function much better than it ever did before. Even my kids love it more and are now using (configuring) their HTPCs a little more, they are customising their own and talking about it. Thats un heard of for me!

Maybe for some design/skin is not that important (if it works, it works) but for me I like a jaw dropping design that truly fits with my home/needs etc, and this... Your skin... Well... This really exceeds my expectations of a skin! Nod

Every room/owner in this house uses it with their own custom design that suits their needs (girls room/visitors/living roometc) and it looks great nd functions even better.

I am so grateful that you shared this work, it's fantastic!
Keep it up Big Grin

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK - DerekCuster - 2013-04-09

hey, I've been following closey but working to much to post but I agree with pat, saste skin has changed the way I use my HPTC and am into tweaking it and custom colours etc now too. Never bothered before really, but now it's becoming a focal point for my flat as it looks so good Big Grin

I think it's the best skin currently available as it as all xperiance and xoeriance+ options plus the ability to not be told what colours to like, we are allowed to choice and I don't know any other skin that does that?

So count me in as an obsessed fan too Big Grin

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK - tungmeister - 2013-04-09

Saste will you be merging Black's latest changes i.e. new fanart selection screen etc?
Edit: noticed a small bug, freshly installed the skin on my bedroom client and by default the home screen is adopting the dark theme, the only way to get it to the light theme is to toggle the 'Use dark background' option and toggle the 'but not on Home screen' option.

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK - PatrickBateman - 2013-04-09

One last idea...

What would be good is if we trail through all the music milk drops and find a really really subtle animation that would flow deleicatly with this skin and have that as its default?

For example, I hate al, the "flashbang" psychedelic milk drops when I'm listening to Sigur Ross or something Big Grin so a really subtle, custom picked milk drop that suits this skin could be used as a default.

Currently I only use 1 milk drop for all music, but its dark and doesn't go well with this skin, I'll keep looking and will post screen shots etc of what I'm talking about and see what you all think Big Grin

Ps:
Like the new name, but I still, think "Xperiance+ Flavours" is better Wink Rofl

thankx guys Blush

here some experiments with textures and blood Wink

whitesteel

white is difficult i think... everyone has than to tint their logos darker

bloodsteel

bloodsteeldark

PS: just playing around looks not as nice as it could Wink

(2013-04-09, 12:16)tungmeister Wrote: Saste will you be merging Black's latest changes i.e. new fanart selection screen etc?
Edit: noticed a small bug, freshly installed the skin on my bedroom client and by default the home screen is adopting the dark theme, the only way to get it to the light theme is to toggle the 'Use dark background' option and toggle the 'but not on Home screen' option.

this is at least on crnis mod the same problem don't know how to solve that it's a little weird Wink

and the update will come if crni will update too

EDIT: dammit "flavours" would have been great... next time the skin changes drastically Wink

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK - DerekCuster - 2013-04-09

Dude! Those tiles look ok man! Better than anything I could ever do Big Grin They do seem like they will work given the right surroundings. Even if you package then up in the option folder for use as a single custom button. I like the white ones, they would look good with "black/grey" logos on them. you should knock up a set of light and dark variations of your logos Nod

Those white blood tiles with a dark "filme" logo and different backgrounds would looks really well Smile

You are DAM fast worker though ja ja ja
I can't think of many good ideas, let alone fast like you lot Laugh

How about a unicorn eating a bacon roll riding a skateboard!
Make that into reality Rofl

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK - im85288 - 2013-04-09

Hi saste,

Awesome work, I love the look of those "dexter" style tiles!

One request from me that I would really love to see in is an option to use no overlay at all,
So that the fanart/background is not obscured in any way. The first thing I always do is to
delete the overlay2.png file to achieve this..but if you could provide this as an option it
would be awesome.

Thanks again for providing the custom colours and osd improvements.

(2013-04-09, 12:54)DerekCuster Wrote: How about a unicorn eating a bacon roll riding a skateboard!
Make that into reality Rofl

i am sure i can make this real... only one thing... where to get a skateboard from? Big Grin

UPDATE on GIT

-dark logos in //LOGOS/Dark
-added some Textures to ALTERNATIVE TILES (not a fan of them but perhaps anybody can use it Wink my favs are more the solid coloured ones Big Grin)

(2013-04-09, 13:42)im85288 Wrote: One request from me that I would really love to see in is an option to use no overlay at all,
So that the fanart/background is not obscured in any way. The first thing I always do is to
delete the overlay2.png file to achieve this..but if you could provide this as an option it
would be awesome.

only thing i could do is add an transparent tileset already correctly labeled and you have just to copy that pack into //media/windows/home/ but i am such a noob in coding so providing this option as setting is impossible for me Sad

Quote:
(2013-04-09, 13:42)im85288 Wrote: One request from me that I would really love to see in is an option to use no overlay at all,
would be awesome.

only thing i could do is add an transparent tileset already correctly labeled and you have just to copy that pack into //media/windows/home/ but i am such a noob in coding so providing this option as setting is impossible for me Sad

that's what i did it's up on GIT