Kodi Community Forum
[THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Xperience1080 (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=197)
+----- Thread: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK (/showthread.php?tid=160560)

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK - PatrickBateman - 2013-04-22

Huh I'll re download nd try again, but no logos for me

Great news on the coloured apps option, thumbs up to that.
Awesome news on show more Fanart bugfix.

The trailer option sounds good as long as we can still completely disable it in the settings for those of us who hate it Big Grin

Disabled - Disabled
Enabled - functions exactly as you describe above Nod

If those were the options, I'd be tempted to enable it now and again Nod

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK - Saste - 2013-04-22

This will be the option ;-)

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK - PatrickBateman - 2013-04-22

Awesome Nod

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK - butchabay - 2013-04-22

@Pat
Always a pleasure reading your comments Smile

@Saste
Nice work mate, like what you've done so far ... some minor suggestions:

1. Removing or less transparency on the title bar for better readability

2. Replacing title colors on the bottom with the same color as power and favorites, that light grey is really hard to read, and what if the focused dot would be the same color as the widgets ?

Hey butcha,

These are both good suggestions, sometimes I hate that transparent bar as it gets in the way... I think good possible solutions could be:

Leave it as default BUT add 2 new options:
"Enable a Non-Transparent Tile Bar" (yes/no)
"Disable Tile Bar" (yes/no)

This gives everyone options, those like it stay on default, those who want it solid, those who disable it... This could work but not sure how easy that is for Saste to implement?

The other text thing could have a switch for light/dark text as well as enable/disable too?

Just spitballing here Big Grin

Always good to see you butcha, your great guy and pretty much the reason I got into xbmc Wink it was such a laugh bashin cirrus stuff around, this thread reminds me a lot of that Nod

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK - futuro - 2013-04-22

@Saste: Since I recogninzed that you changed "Applications" to "Apps", I have another suggestion regarding the home menu which in fact affects only the German version. What do you think of changing "Startseite" into just "Start"?

@butchaby: i agree this would be much better for readability, i'll try that Wink

@futuro: i thought about that and its easy to do this so next update will be start instead of startseite

@pat: i know now how to make radiobuttons so 2 conditions are no problem but i am now trying to understand spincontrol and this isn't working really weel atm due to wrong coding by me XD but i try to understand that then more than 2conditions can be chosen. Atm the onclick event doesn't really react as it should don't know why but will find out whats wrong ;-)

Awesome Saste,
This should bring new life to the home screen with all these new options/customisations Nod this would be a fantastic addition allowing for completely individual customisation and multiple versions of the skin for everyone's tastes and configurations... This will be an awesome addition Nod

I'm excited for this Big Grin

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK - im85288 - 2013-04-22

(2013-04-22, 13:26)Saste Wrote: @im....: oh sorry forgot to copy the right png over will follow in a few minutes... And what do you think about what futuro said about the litte progressbar.. I noticed that too but didn't change it cause i don't use it so i tought this will be good for all livetv users but as it seems it isn't... So talk about that guys ill do everything you want ;-)

@pat: i am on it and it is slowly all coming together changed prgressbar and did some overall colourcorrection and animation fixes...

Hi Saste, I am still getting the "yellow-focus.png" referenced in the xml file. I guess because the yellow-focus.png is only on my machine that it looks a bit strange! Did you copy the correct one across already, because it could then be a problem on my end!

As for the comments from futuro, I do agree that it does look a bit out of line. However what I thought was useful to see was the progress of the currently selected show. Ideally what I wanted to do was calculate the difference between the endTime and the current time and put something like:

ChannelName - 28 mins remaining

But I could not work out how to do this (as I am still very new to the xbmc way of doing things!) so I put the progress bar in with the start and end time.

The most important info is now there for me (ie the current time at the top and what is on next) so I am happy to go along with any changes others think would help out.

Ps. I love the animation change, sliding in and out makes it look really cool

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK - Mark Norville - 2013-04-22

(2013-04-22, 18:00)PatrickBateman Wrote: The trailer option sounds good as long as we can still completely disable it in the settings for those of us who hate it Big Grin

You love it really. It adds so much more to the skin. It was a totally unique feature to XBMC.

If you are going to have home cinema set up then trailers are a good thing, I sometimes look at a movie cover and either do not know the movie because it maybe old, or something that does not look my type of film, even though it may say comedy.

When I press I for movie information now, and I have a trailer pop up then it gives me more chance of pressing play to actually watch the film.

It is also a feature that some may not like, but you might have guests around and you are showing them, and the trailer feature makes them go wow.

I do agree in part that this option should be off by default, but I say this because some parent's will not be responsible enough to hide horror movies or other material that children should not see.

Trailers was always a good marketing tool though for film makers. In the VHS and betamax days you would always have trailers before a movie to get people's interest for the next movie.

Also as the skin is XBox orientated then when you goto movie information on the 360 then the trailer plays automatically, so it is in keeping with the original.

There as most will know an option to view all traillers when you goto new releases etc etc.

Trailers rule Wink

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK - futuro - 2013-04-22

(2013-04-22, 19:40)im85288 Wrote:
(2013-04-22, 13:26)Saste Wrote: @im....: oh sorry forgot to copy the right png over will follow in a few minutes... And what do you think about what futuro said about the litte progressbar.. I noticed that too but didn't change it cause i don't use it so i tought this will be good for all livetv users but as it seems it isn't... So talk about that guys ill do everything you want ;-)

@pat: i am on it and it is slowly all coming together changed prgressbar and did some overall colourcorrection and animation fixes...

Hi Saste, I am still getting the "yellow-focus.png" referenced in the xml file. I guess because the yellow-focus.png is only on my machine that it looks a bit strange! Did you copy the correct one across already, because it could then be a problem on my end!

As for the comments from futuro, I do agree that it does look a bit out of line. However what I thought was useful to see was the progress of the currently selected show. Ideally what I wanted to do was calculate the difference between the endTime and the current time and put something like:

ChannelName - 28 mins remaining

But I could not work out how to do this (as I am still very new to the xbmc way of doing things!) so I put the progress bar in with the start and end time.

The most important info is now there for me (ie the current time at the top and what is on next) so I am happy to go along with any changes others think would help out.

Ps. I love the animation change, sliding in and out makes it look really cool

Tested it here and I neither get a yellow nor a blue focus. I only have the change of the selected channel to the progress bar view.

EDIT: But I really like the animation which makes the window sliding in from left. Pretty cool :-)

@pat: App-Tile colour option now available

@im85288: missing file now really up on git Wink

and the other stuff i'll care about tomorrow had just 5min to fix the metionend things now my girlfriend wants me to quit Wink

Edit:
Never quoted so this read out of context Smile

@Saste,
Cheers for the update, and looking forward to the new features and updates tomorrow Nod
Have a nice relaxing night, watch a movie with the GF and we will see you tomorrow bro Wink

Edit: added Trailer only plays if unwatched Wink

(2013-04-22, 20:06)Mark Norville Wrote:
(2013-04-22, 18:00)PatrickBateman Wrote: The trailer option sounds good as long as we can still completely disable it in the settings for those of us who hate it Big Grin

You love it really. It adds so much more to the skin. It was a totally unique feature to XBMC.

If you are going to have home cinema set up then trailers are a good thing, I sometimes look at a movie cover and either do not know the movie because it maybe old, or something that does not look my type of film, even though it may say comedy.

When I press I for movie information now, and I have a trailer pop up then it gives me more chance of pressing play to actually watch the film.

It is also a feature that some may not like, but you might have guests around and you are showing them, and the trailer feature makes them go wow.

I do agree in part that this option should be off by default, but I say this because some parent's will not be responsible enough to hide horror movies or other material that children should not see.

Trailers was always a good marketing tool though for film makers. In the VHS and betamax days you would always have trailers before a movie to get people's interest for the next movie.

Also as the skin is XBox orientated then when you goto movie information on the 360 then the trailer plays automatically, so it is in keeping with the original.

There as most will know an option to view all traillers when you goto new releases etc etc.

Trailers rule Wink

Na Wink