Kodi Community Forum
[THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Xperience1080 (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=197)
+----- Thread: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK (/showthread.php?tid=160560)

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK - PatrickBateman - 2013-04-23

And it's defo a new GUIsettings.xml?

Can you exit xbmc, delete guisettings again and restart xbmc switch back to this skin and try again? Are you on windows?

Got it... Wink
Disable the up arrow on home screen menu text. That brings the problem for me too Nod

Go to settings:
Skin,
Home,
Home items extras,
Show submenu arrow

And disable it!

There is a bug Saste,
Enableing ^ arrow on home text screen causes irregular spacing between home menu text, and the arrow is also not present on apps section Wink

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK - im85288 - 2013-04-23

(2013-04-23, 19:24)Saste Wrote: yes of course i will implement yours soon Wink but if you are still working on it i think i'll leave it as is till its done (so i have less work Big Grin)

and belonging to the focus thing... i don't know how to make this atm but i am sure we will find out Wink

Great, no I think we finally came to an agreement on the format so work has finished. I have reverted this one back to the view that only shows 8 items:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4689286/DialogPVRChannelsOSD.xml

Thanks for including the changes Smile

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK - Mark Norville - 2013-04-23

@ Patrick I wish that I was just a kid lol I was in the Betmax Vs VHS wars. Betamax was the better video format but sadly lost. I was 7 when Star Wars first showed, trying hard not to show my age.

Tolly was my regular van for sweets and I have to admit when I was feeling naughty, buying 10 ciggies claiming they were for my mum.

Also had one of those TV's but now I can aquire (coughs) all of the 80's movies, music, games that I desire.

Play them on an excellent system such as this on one hell of a bigger TV than in those days lol

Just a shame that we will not be around forever to see what the future holds, all these kids are spoilt nowadays with Call Of Duty when we played Pong and Space Invaders and thought WOW.

@ Futuro I have just played settings on my monitor and also my TV and have no problem like this. it all seems to be equal for me. Try the power button and reloading skin, but I do not think that this will help, but it maybe worth a try.

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK - futuro - 2013-04-23

submenu arrow ... thats definitively it!! thanks pat ... you are my man!!! Big Grin

can live without the arrow but as it is activated as standard saste should have a look into this issue... the submenu arrow is quite good indicator that you can go up to enter submenu especially for people that are new to the skin

EDIT: still can't believe it... i was workign on that now for hours but would haven never came to the idea to try the submenu arrow... but pat did ... unbelievable

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK - PatrickBateman - 2013-04-23

(2013-04-23, 20:27)Mark Norville Wrote: Tolly was my regular van for sweets and I have to admit when I was feeling naughty, buying 10 ciggies claiming they were for my mum.

I did this too, but used to put them on my mums "tab" / "book" / "law away" or whatever you'd call it Big Grin

(2013-04-23, 20:27)Mark Norville Wrote: @ Futuro I have just played settings on my monitor and also my TV and have no problem like this. it all seems to be equal for me. Try the power button and reloading skin, but I do not think that this will help, but it maybe worth a try.

Its that dam little up arrow on home screen Wink

(2013-04-23, 20:27)futuro Wrote: submenu arrow ... thats definitively it!! thanks pat ... you are my man!!! Big Grin

can live without the arrow but as it is activated as standard saste should have a look into this issue... the submenu arrow is quite good indicator that you can go up to enter submenu especially for people that are new to the skin

EDIT: still can't believe it... i was workign on that now for hours but would haven never came to the idea to try the submenu arrow... but pat did ... unbelievable

No worries,
It was frustrating me that you had this issue, glad its sorted Wink
Im sure Saste will have a look and spray some "raid" on that filthy bug Big Grin

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK - Mark Norville - 2013-04-23

Looking at the one where he has not put the live tv and apps on, if you look reasonably close the Musik seems a bit de centralized compared to the rest. It looked far too much to the right and not center.

Not sure if it is just myself.

Yeah it deffinatly is off when you do not have apps on.

I have looking glass, home, movies, tv shows, music, apps, weather and that little thing at the end.

Mine all looks symetrical let his Music seems off with the rest.

Just put the arrows on mine and arrows are fine on home, movies, tv shows but the arrow up is missing on apps and weather. Maybe I am going squint eyed, but it just looks as if the menu is not equally spaced out. So Home to Movies may have 10 spaces in between, but say Music to Apps may have 15 spaces.

(2013-04-23, 20:37)Mark Norville Wrote: Looking at the one where he has not put the live tv and apps on, if you look reasonably close the Musik seems a bit de centralized compared to the rest. It looked far too much to the right and not center.

Not sure if it is just myself.

Yeah it deffinatly is off when you do not have apps on.

I have looking glass, home, movies, tv shows, music, apps, weather and that little thing at the end.

Mine all looks symetrical let his Music seems off with the rest.

Just put the arrows on mine and arrows are fine on home, movies, tv shows but the arrow up is missing on apps and weather. Maybe I am going squint eyed, but it just looks as if the menu is not equally spaced out. So Home to Movies may have 10 spaces in between, but say Music to Apps may have 15 spaces.

Go home Mark, you're drunk Wink Tongue
Do you even read the posts in here anymore Rofl

<just kidding> Wink

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK - Saste - 2013-04-23

so guys you are talking about and i'm just doin Tongue

Arrowbug is fixed on git Wink

(2013-04-23, 21:14)Saste Wrote: so guys you are talking about and i'm just doin Tongue

Cheers Saste, You fantastic b'stard you Big Grin
Yea, Unfortunately we're not able to "fix" it Sad
At least we notice it though, we're good for something at least (moaning/complaining etc) Wink :p

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK - futuro - 2013-04-23

(2013-04-23, 21:14)Saste Wrote: so guys you are talking about and i'm just doin Tongue

awesome HuhRofl

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK - PatrickBateman - 2013-04-24

Morning,

Black has merged the new changes for custom randomandlastitems section, hopefully that I'll trickle down soon really looking forward to this feature Nod

Also, did you remove the dimmed text when navigating away from the home screen text labels, I miss it now, I became to love it Big Grin

It's looking totally fantastic now Saste, almost fully bug free!
My next task is going to see if I can replicate blacks default theme as close as possible to give the choice of using that as an option too Wink

Still out of coffee though, so for today I'm on tea, meaning I'm calm and larthargic instead of hyper Rofl

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK - Saste - 2013-04-24

yeah i saw that too on blacks thread Wink. been coding now for hours and now deleted all new files and begin again Sad its not that easy due to many changes...

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK - PatrickBateman - 2013-04-24

I can only imagine Undecided

The amount of coding you have done so far is huge, it must be daunting trying to integrate these changes with code that's already different to the source in many ways, it'll be worth it when it all comes together Smile

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK - Mark Norville - 2013-04-24

Shortened version of the waffle I was typeing.

Personal view on this new TRENDS SCRIPT. Fantastic for XBOX suit's them because they want to sell a product. XBMC does not. I wanted to put a movie on last night before I fell asleep so I was starting to go across to the new movie section, but saw a movie in random on the main page and thought mmmm good film, not seen for a while, and then I watched that.

If the new trends script is alongside the random then yes I could agree that it might be fantastic but it depends upon how many people are using that main account. If for example Patrick and his better half and use the same main account, but Patrick only watches one movie a week which maybe comedy, but the better half enjoys her horror's and watches 10 movies a week then it will go more in her favour.

I read regarding a script going on the ratings of the movies, not sure if that is IMBD ratings or personal ratings. I personally do not rate the films, as unless I google how to do so, then it is not a clear option on how to do so. Mouse support is workable but not supported so is not the best at times which means adding to favourites is often a job and a half, unless you want to switch skins and then do the setting up that way.

I am going to miss Xperience (and mods) if it changes too much.

Waffle over lol

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK - `Black - 2013-04-24

Everything is OPTIONAL. You don't have to use it if you don't want to. Besides that, everyone can configure the skin as they like, even different profiles can have different skin settings.