Kodi Community Forum
[THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Xperience1080 (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=197)
+----- Thread: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK (/showthread.php?tid=160560)

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK - Saste - 2013-04-29

That would be great!!! So one skin 3 mods + oribinal which feeds everyones needs Big Grin. you are right Its not sleek in options just in layout Wink

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK - im85288 - 2013-04-29

Great, it will not be something I will take on for a couple of weeks as I have a lot coming up at work. Will you have implemented the Customisable Widgets from black by then do you think?

And yes I agree the layout is very nice with the exception of the majority of the PVR area which needs major surgery!

generally yes... it is implemented but still some changes are needed... and i am struggeling with a weird phenomenon...

look at the following screenshot... this was made while changeing form one section to the other (the animation time)... so there is a huge motionblur or doubling while the animation is playing...
i kow it's the includes_home.xml which cause this issue... but have no idea why or how to solve this (i bet This day of work was just a waste of time...) so no black update since this bug is solved Sad

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK - PatrickBateman - 2013-04-29

No that's a bizarre bug?

Hmmmm....

i slowly begin to think that this last update is not the huge improvment to struggle with for the next weeks... this doesn't mean that this feature is not worth it i love it and black has done an amazing job on it and honestly i simply would like to have it Big Grin but there is always anything what won't work Sad (due to i am a novice in coding)...

but anyway if 'black has a suggestion how to solve this or perhaps he had this bug in any development stage too than please master 'black share your knowledge Wink

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK - `Black - 2013-04-29

Never had such a thing... that looks very strange. Without a look at Includes_Home.xml I have no idea what you did wrong.

tomorrow i'll try it again and if that doesn't work perhaps you could take a quick look at what i did?
but hope you don't bother about the adjustment of my file Wink but perhaps i'll try to tidy it up Big Grin

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK - Saste - 2013-05-01

Good morning guys...
hadn't much time yesterday to do anything on the skin but hopefully will find some today... Any suggestions what to implement except of blacks latest update?

Now i Know when the bug is coming up... i have implemented only 1 widget to see if its the widget at all... on home the movie widget show correct after initializing but at the same time after initializing these strange bug is coming up even with only one widget so it has to be something to do with the initializing progress... can this be?

EDIT: so perhaps it's the StartUp.xml? but it's working with your ('black) skin...

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK - `Black - 2013-05-01

Don't think so... the initializing progress happens only one time because there are some strings which need to have default values. That can't cause the issue.

but before initializing everything works fine just right after it this weird stuff happens...

The initialization should happen only 1 time. If you restart XBMC and it's still wrong, you did something wrong. Has nothing to do with startup.xml.

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK - PatrickBateman - 2013-05-01

(2013-05-01, 11:17)Saste Wrote: Good morning guys...
hadn't much time yesterday to do anything on the skin but hopefully will find some today... Any suggestions what to implement except of blacks latest update?

I had an idea that I thought would be rather good,

Currently we have the widgets bar set to "default" / "dark" and "off"
How about a new option called "semi-on" Rofl well... Maybe a better choice of names Wink
This option will NOT display the transparent/text bar UNLESS you highlight the actual widget, then it will appear!

Also, If you are implementing blacks apps section, is there any way to make the buttons (games etc) configurable? As I don't know many apple TVs / R-Pi (and other low powered devices) that can play many games via xbmc, therefore making the games section completely redundant IMO.

Blacks base skin is wonderful, except for 1 minor flaw, its very restrictive IMO.
If you don't use your media centre exactly as he uses his... It's not really useful or functional and there is 0 flexability/compramise with it. Because of this you have apps, sections and colours etc that are forced upon you, that could not ever use or just don't like.

I had to move to crni mod to escape this problem (along with 54000 other viewers, apx 50% of blacks base viewers and posters judging by the figures). This then allowed for a more flexible option for low powered devices that could use a video plugin instead of a redundant games section.

I then moved to cmyk (primerally due to aesthetics) and due to it being based on crnis openness and your beauty, it was a win/win.

I think moving back to blacks forced views, maybe, makes for a step backward in the entire process, but that's just me Wink

(2013-05-01, 14:00)`Black Wrote: The initialization should happen only 1 time. If you restart XBMC and it's still wrong, you did something wrong. Has nothing to do with startup.xml.

but than it has to be the settings that the startup.xml is configureing in any other file? cuase with just the old stratup.xml where the widgets aren't working everything is fine...

(2013-05-01, 14:03)PatrickBateman Wrote:
(2013-05-01, 11:17)Saste Wrote: Good morning guys...

I had an idea that I thought would be rather good,

Currently we have the widgets bar set to "default" / "dark" and "off"
How about a new option called "semi-on " Rofl well... Maybe a better choice of names Wink
This option will NOT display the transparent bar UNLESS you highlight the actual widget, then it will appear!

That's a great idea i'll do that soon Big Grin

(2013-05-01, 14:03)PatrickBateman Wrote: If you are implementing blacks apps section, is there any way to make the buttons (games etc) configurable? As I don't know many apple TVs (low powered devices) that can play many games via xbmc making the games section completely redundant IMO.

Blacks skin is wonderful, except for 1 minor flaw, its very restrictive.
If you don't use your media centre exactly as he uses his... It's not really useful or functional as you have apps, sections and colours etc that are forced upon you, that could not ever use or just don't like.

I had to move to crni mod to escape this problem (along with 53000 other viewers). This then allowed for a more flexible option for low powered devices that could use a video plugin instead of a redundant games section.

I then moved to cmyk (primerally due to aesthetics) and due to it being based on crnis openness and your beauty, it was a win/win.

I think moving back to blacks forced views, maybe, makes for a step backward in the entire process, but that's just me Wink

don't worry about that i decided to keep crni's app section by now... if i will implement blacks than only with the option to switch between crni's and black's version Wink

It is not working because there is something wrong with Includes_Home.xml... sure it could be a cause of the new startup.xml because it loads the new widgets based on the settings but you see that it's working fine in the original skin version so your Includes_Home.xml implementation has issues.