Kodi Community Forum
[THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Xperience1080 (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=197)
+----- Thread: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK (/showthread.php?tid=160560)

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ CMYK - PatrickBateman - 2013-04-03

(2013-04-03, 13:39)DerekCuster Wrote: Lucky swine Wink Rofl

(2013-04-03, 13:38)Saste Wrote: perhaps Wink

I don't promise anything Tongue

If this gets updates while im at work... I'm going home sick to get this badboy installed Laugh

You do sound a bit croaky Angel

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ CMYK - DerekCuster - 2013-04-03

*cough*

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ CMYK - PatrickBateman - 2013-04-04

Morning all Big Grin

@Saste, you know the yellow new albums png? Would there be any chance you'd consider changing the location of the "+" located to else rather than where it currently is as it makes that image look cluttered?

Im not sure exactly where would look best, but I was thinking perhaps on the top right of the musical note or something just to give it a "cleaner" feel. I can probably photoshop it, but rather than do a low budget copy I though I'd see if the original could be remade? Big Grin

Or if you have a better idea of course, new icon, text, symbol etc.

Thanks again,
Pat

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ CMYK - DerekCuster - 2013-04-04

I wouldn't mind that png being edited slightly as well, if you do edit it, post it up and ill give it a test for you if you want Smile I won't be able to test it until tonight though (work) Sad

I didn't have to pull a sickie yesterday Wink so i still have a job to go to, but I did plant the seed, just in case if any surprises today :halo:

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ CMYK - Saste - 2013-04-04

so you guys, waiting is over Wink...

have to say it was a hell of work to redesign (especially coding) the hole osd but finally i am done (except of things i oversaw and the live tv section cause i dont know how i can see how it looks without having pvr Wink )

this is how it looks and you can get it on GIT

and if you have any ideas which information i can include on the second tab of tvshows and movies then bash them out Smile
also if you find a bug Wink

i think its quiet close to the mockup i posted previously

MovieOSD:

MovieOSD2:

TVShowsOSD:

MusicOSD:

(2013-04-04, 15:24)Saste Wrote: TVShowsOSD:

MusicOSD:

DAM that looks good Cool
You absolutly nailed it... i Love it, i want it, i need it Big Grin

What a huge improvement this is... I can't believe how good that looks. This is fantastic work Saste...

(2013-04-04, 15:05)Saste Wrote: so you guys, waiting is over Wink...

have to say it was a hell of work to redesign (especially coding) the hole osd but finally i am done (except of things i oversaw and the live tv section cause i dont know how i can see how it looks without having pvr Wink )

this is how it looks and you can get it on GIT

and if you have any ideas which information i can include on the second tab of tvshows and movies then bash them out Smile
also if you find a bug Wink

i think its quiet close to the mockup i posted previously

MovieOSD:

MovieOSD2:

These are fantastic...
I'll test and report back ASAP
Gorgeous!

Bug Report Big Grin

Fixed *1) When OSD is displayed and then user presses "pause", there is an overlap of text in the top left corner. The text being overlaid is a music/audio "N/A" sign which overlaps the SD/HD sign and the beginning text of the movie/tv show.

Fixed *2) When a user presses "pause" (while watching movie/tv show) the music/audio "N/A" logo appears in the top left corner and always states "N/A" on all movies / tv shows and video files that I have tested so far? Can this Logo maybe just be removed or disabled?

Fixed *3) Can the "Movie end time" and "weather" information background be set to match the rest of the grey bar, they are a a slightly darker grey than the rest of the OSD bar. *See edit below

Fixed *4) When in files mode and playing a movie/video file that is not scraped in to the library, the OSD poster is displayed incorrectly and is to small and sits off to the right? Not a big deal, but for streaming apps (rev3 YouTube Trailers and non scraped media etc) this looks a tad weird/messy.

5) Imdb rating looks a little awkward in its current location, but I'm sure we can find somewhere better for it at a later date, it works fine "as-is" but just looks a little uncomfortable. *How about moving it inline with the chapters info and blue/pink "^" and "x" buttons maybe? Reducing its size a little to fit and flow in that location a little better, not sure if it would work but just an idea Big Grin

Feature Requests:
1) Could you add codec info in the "up" menu. It could contain, DTS / 1080p / PG etc if this is possible?
2) Would it be possible to add an option support for clear art on pause?
3) On the "Pause" screen, the left hand side of the progress bar is empty, this used to contain "paused" prior to its relocation. Would it be feasible to move the current progress counter to the left into that spot? So it would look like this:

00:25:30 ---------------------- 01:35:00

Or will that affect the main OSD as well?

4) the grey OSD seems a little ... Eh ... Flat? Could a gradient, or transparancy, or subtle texture be added to it? I have no ideas on specifically what would be good, but it seems like a lot of flat grey still when is use. It's much better now it has been darkened, but it's still lacking something... But I can't quite put my finger on exactly what? Perhaps a gradient similar to the home screens style, but I'm the OSD colour? Just spit balling Smile

That's all I can find so far,
Other than that.. I LOVE IT!
This is great work Saste!

Edit:
Re: the weather and clock background, Would the OSD actually be better suited to the darker grey used on the back of the end time clock and weather?.... The more I see it, the more I think it's a tad too light or to flat? ...

so...

darkened osd a little (tell me weather its better or not) and fixed pausebug Wink (available on GIT)

thats it for today but keep reporting bugs and other stuff Wink

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ CMYK - DerekCuster - 2013-04-04

That looks amazing Saste, Ill test it as soon as I'm back home Nod Looks like pats on the case already squishin bugs and shit Big Grin

Can't wait to get this update!
You are a legend Saste!

(2013-04-04, 18:30)Saste Wrote: so...

darkened osd a little (tell me weather its better or not) and fixed pausebug Wink (available on GIT)

thats it for today but keep reporting bugs and other stuff Wink

On it...
Will test and report back as usual Big Grin

Thanks for the update Saste, I agree with Derek, you sir, are a Legend!

Edit:
Edited bug report to reflect new test result and changes!

You squished 4 bugs in 1 update Big Grin now that's impressive!
Thank you soooo much for this skin!
Wife is shouting thanks too..

PS
This feed back isn't all from me, I have the wife, my girls and myself all testing and using the skin, we are all sat here firing ideas at each other and they all officially love you Laugh

You are a house hold name in this house, one of the family now Big Grin

RE: [THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ CMYK - im85288 - 2013-04-04

(2013-04-04, 15:05)Saste Wrote: (except of things i oversaw and the live tv section cause i dont know how i can see how it looks without having pvr Wink )

Hi Saste, excellent work as usual thank you very much. For testing the pvr section you can enable the "PVR Demo Client" in the PVR Clients section of addons.

This is what it currently looks like for me:

It would be amazing if the channel information could maybe replace the information at the top where it says "other/unknown".

Thanks again Big Grin

(2013-04-04, 17:21)PatrickBateman Wrote: Fixed *4) When in files mode and playing a movie/video file that is not scraped in to the library, the OSD poster is displayed incorrectly and is to small and sits off to the right? Not a big deal, but for streaming apps (rev3 YouTube Trailers and non scraped media etc) this looks a tad weird/messy.

FIXED? how did i do that? is it really fixed?

(2013-04-04, 17:21)PatrickBateman Wrote: 5) Imdb rating looks a little awkward in its current location, but I'm sure we can find somewhere better for it at a later date, it works fine "as-is" but just looks a little uncomfortable. *How about moving it inline with the chapters info and blue/pink "^" and "x" buttons maybe? Reducing its size a little to fit and flow in that location a little better, not sure if it would work but just an idea Big Grin

yeah you are right looks really strange and bad, we will find something Wink did not make any Photoshopwork on this by now so it was just pushing and pulling the items around, so that it will fit at least in layout.

(2013-04-04, 17:21)PatrickBateman Wrote: Feature Requests:
1) Could you add codec info in the "up" menu. It could contain, DTS / 1080p / PG etc if this is possible?
2) Would it be possible to add an option support for clear art on pause?
3) On the "Pause" screen, the left hand side of the progress bar is empty, this used to contain "paused" prior to its relocation. Would it be feasible to move the current progress counter to the left into that spot? So it would look like this:

00:25:30 ---------------------- 01:35:00

all three point are possible (except of the 2nd) and just great ideas (all of them).

with the 2nd point... do you mean clearart or fanart while in pause? but i am not sure anyway how to code this option i can try this not as option just as fix?

(2013-04-04, 17:21)PatrickBateman Wrote: Or will that affect the main OSD as well?

of course it is Tongue but thats not bad if it gets better and better Wink

(2013-04-04, 17:21)PatrickBateman Wrote: 4) the grey OSD seems a little ... Eh ... Flat? Could a gradient, or transparancy, or subtle texture be added to it? I have no ideas on specifically what would be good, but it seems like a lot of flat grey still when is use. It's much better now it has been darkened, but it's still lacking something... But I can't quite put my finger on exactly what? Perhaps a gradient similar to the home screens style, but I'm the OSD colour? Just spit balling Smile

yeah it looks a little flat... but as you said i don't even know where to grab it that it will be better.

i think a texture wont work cause the overall skin is based on flat colour.

maybe some highlightning of some areas is still enough? perhaps a tap of transparency at some places will work?

ill try some things...

AND BIG THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR THE FEEDBACK AND IDEAS Big Grin

(2013-04-04, 19:09)im85288 Wrote:
(2013-04-04, 15:05)Saste Wrote: (except of things i oversaw and the live tv section cause i dont know how i can see how it looks without having pvr Wink )

Hi Saste, excellent work as usual thank you very much. For testing the pvr section you can enable the "PVR Demo Client" in the PVR Clients section of addons.

so i have tried to install the demo pvr client but i had before (did not know Wink ) the problem is that i cant get into the playback screen cause nothing is played i can only get into the channel menu Sad

so i have tried to make it more interesting by not overdoing it

what do you guys think?

This looks better. Much less flat and with added dimension and subtle.

Yea, I like it!
Thumbs up here Nod