Kodi Community Forum
Win HTML Creator for Kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win HTML Creator for Kodi (/showthread.php?tid=160863)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

RE: MyXBMC HTML Generator: Show others your library with style. - DeadSix27 - 2013-06-11

(2013-06-11, 19:43)Hans0815 Wrote: No i mean:
At the moment you have to chose in HTML Generator how many movies you want to have on each html page.
It would be a very nice feature that you can decide at the html page how many movies you want to see on each page.

So not only html, i think this could only be possible in php?
I am just a noob in that sorry Smile

But i hope you understand now what i mean?
That's possible in Javascript and PHP, but that's a heavy feature which would probably ruin the "Simpleness" of this program.
I will add that to to-do list, but don't expect it to be available soon.
However if you have traffic issues, reduce the number of videos per page, i also thought about after-loading the videos, e.g if you scroll down it loads them.
And not load everything on startup.

RE: MyXBMC HTML Generator: Show others your library with style. - Hans0815 - 2013-06-11

I know that it is not easy. Or better, i think this is not easy Smile

I just want to say that this would be a nice feature, not a must have.

"after-loading" sounds very good.
Problem is, if you have a lot of movies than you have a lot of pages, and it is hard to search a movie.
Maybe a "Search-Field" is possible?

RE: MyXBMC HTML Generator: Show others your library with style. - DeadSix27 - 2013-06-11

(2013-06-11, 19:57)Hans0815 Wrote: I know that it is not easy. Or better, i think this is not easy Smile

I just want to say that this would be a nice feature, not a must have.

"after-loading" sounds very good.
Problem is, if you have a lot of movies than you have a lot of pages, and it is hard to search a movie.
Maybe a "Search-Field" is possible?
That's on the to do list since such a long time, but i think i know a cool way to implement that.

RE: MyXBMC HTML Generator: Show others your library with style. - Hans0815 - 2013-06-11

OK, thanks for all your hard work Smile

(2013-06-11, 20:40)Hans0815 Wrote: OK, thanks for all your hard work Smile

i'm always working close to security problems when it comes to Ajax.
So tell me, are you hosting the html on a webserver?

No, i have it at my NAS at the website.
But it is only internal not external reachable.

But i am thinking of hosting it to the web, so if i am working in the office i can have a look at my movies and decide what i will watch in the evening Big Grin

RE: MyXBMC HTML Generator: Show others your library with style. - DeadSix27 - 2013-06-12

(2013-06-11, 23:05)Hans0815 Wrote: No, i have it at my NAS at the website.
But it is only internal not external reachable.

But i am thinking of hosting it to the web, so if i am working in the office i can have a look at my movies and decide what i will watch in the evening Big Grin

What i meant is, if you have it on a webserver, no matter if local only or not.
Because search will only be available when having it on a webserver (lighthttpd/apache2/IIS/and so on..), due to JavaScript security -> 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin'
I will however include a VERY BASIC webserver in the program for people who do not know how to do all this.

RE: MyXBMC HTML Generator: Show others your library with style. - Archigos - 2013-06-12

Hans,
A temp solution for the time being may be to utilize the fact that the app can export to a selected directory. What I mean by this is set the app up the way you want to view stuff locally (the 200+ view) and generate the HTML like normal. Now, close the app and navigate to where that folder was created, and make a copy of the images folder (to save you from downloading/grabbing them again), reopen the app and before you scrape your library, change the default location to a different directory (doesn't have to be where the final 'web accessible' version will be), change the movie count to something like 40, run through the app again to create the new 'secondary' copy but don't bother hitting the grab images button. Once you have the second copy, close the app, navigate to the new one and paste your image folder from the first in there (make sure to put it in the right place). Lastly, once you have the location your are going to host from (if locally) you can just move the folder there, or if it's through a hosting company, just upload that copy instead.

Sorry if that's confusing or sounds like rambling, the medication they gave me today is making me a bit trippy.... Wink

RE: MyXBMC HTML Generator: Show others your library with style. - Hans0815 - 2013-06-12

Thank you, i understand this Smile

Thats a good workaround and i will try this. But at the moment it is ok for me just to "host" it local.

The HTML Gen does what it should, i just want to give you some ideas what could be nice for other users too Smile

If there is a search function than it is no problem to have only a few movies on each page. But if i have a lot of movies and search one on page 32 than it needs a lot of time (ok only some seconds/minutes Smile ) to find it.

RE: MyXBMC HTML Generator: Show others your library with style. - Hans0815 - 2013-06-12

With newest nightly i get a lot of errors (each movie) in degub log. I don´t know if this is a bug or this is just a message Smile
i.e.:

Processing I Am Legend

------------
Error processing: I Am Legend No current row
Trace:
bei System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.CheckValidRow()
bei System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.GetValue(Int32 i)
bei System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.get_Item(String name)
bei CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Object , String )
bei XBMCHtmlGenerator.Form_Main.createMovieList()
------------

And down for TV-Shows:
------------
Error Processing TVShow imagesBig Grinie Sequenz enthält keine Elemente.
Trace:
bei System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
bei XBMCHtmlGenerator.Form_Main.getFanArtPosters()
------------

RE: MyXBMC HTML Generator: Show others your library with style. - DeadSix27 - 2013-06-12

(2013-06-12, 12:20)Hans0815 Wrote: With newest nightly i get a lot of errors (each movie) in degub log. I don´t know if this is a bug or this is just a message Smile
It's nightly after-all, i still didn't identify every bug since sqlite update.

Update: I forgot to include pdb, when i upload the next version can you please re-post the error log?
Update 2: I almost finished the search-code Smile here's a little preview (at bottom)
Update 3: Ok i finished the new nightly with search, can't be disabled yet, and always will be generated. (requires webserver, no matter which, as long you access the page via the "http" protocol, and not file://)
Note: Search is still testing.. it probably won't work in a lot of cases. So don't get confused when it doesn't do what it should do.

Update4: Big "please" if you find any missing language icon, hover it.. and it will say "...Language: " and a 2 letter code behind it, like: "... Language: de", tell me those 2 letters and if you know that language also tell me its 'main' country.e.g: de = deutsch = german = Germany.

Download newest Nightly here: http://dead6.eu/files/xbmc_html/nightly

RE: MyXBMC HTML Generator: Show others your library with style. - Hans0815 - 2013-06-13

Thanks a lot for the search function.

But it is not working.
Server version: Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu)

Any idea what i have to install that this should work?

EDIT: Search is working only on TV-Shows and only with Chrome not with my Firefox

RE: MyXBMC HTML Generator: Show others your library with style. - Archigos - 2013-06-13

I can't sleep................ Sad

Anyway, Dead and I were talking about the search a little earlier before he posted, at least at that point in time Search was only active for TV... the XML required wasn't generated for movies at that point. I haven't tested that feature yet (on an app generated version of the pages) only tested a 'results' page but my guess the Firefox issue has to do with browser specifics in the javascript and shouldn't take too long to fix.

P.S. Dead: I forgot to mention it earlier but I have a full list of all 180+ official language codes along with their matching name in a PHP class I use for user/browser detection in another project... I know it doesn't help determine which ones you're missing, but at least you can use it to match the country codes if users report any missing ones. Or hell, I have matching flags for all them and you could just stick the whole list in there and not worry about Smile

RE: MyXBMC HTML Generator: Show others your library with style. - DeadSix27 - 2013-06-13

(2013-06-13, 08:27)Hans0815 Wrote: Thanks a lot for the search function.

But it is not working.
Server version: Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu)

Any idea what i have to install that this should work?

EDIT: Search is working only on TV-Shows and only with Chrome not with my Firefox

Search should work fine on Apache using newest Chrome. (I also solved it in firefox now, works fine.)
Which nightly did you use? Try: 6.4.3

RE: MyXBMC HTML Generator: Show others your library with style. - Hans0815 - 2013-06-13

Yes i used the 6.4.3 nightly.

And with my firefox search was not working on tv-shows and movies.

Only the Chrome was working with tv-shows.