Kodi Community Forum
librtmp - Help Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: librtmp - Help Thread (/showthread.php?tid=162307)

RE: librtmp - Help Thread & RP's LiveStreams List - shuvro - 2014-03-20

(2014-03-20, 01:48)Shani-08 Wrote: I think this is the reason of crash,
"Additionally, Android does not use versioned solibs. libfoo.so.1 which is
typical on linux would not be found by the loader. This means that we must
strip the SONAME and NEEDED values out of the libs as well as changing the
filenames themselves. The cleaner solution would be to patch libtool/cmake/etc
to not add versioning in the first place. For now, we use the brute-force
approach of modifying the binary and blanking out the versions."

For Frodo, i renamed the .so.0 file, while the make was stripping it and copying destination directory, i have now uploaded v4. This should stop frodo crash.

Hi! where is the link ??

librtmp - Help Thread & RP's LiveStreams List - Shani-08 - 2014-03-20

(2014-03-20, 07:16)shuvro Wrote:

For Frodo, i renamed the .so.0 file, while the make was stripping it and copying destination directory, i have now uploaded v4. This should stop frodo crash.

Hi! where is the link ??

Same link. Sorry on cell phone here. Go few post up. Thanks

(2014-03-20, 08:51)Shani-08 Wrote:
(2014-03-20, 07:16)shuvro Wrote:

Hi! where is the link ??

Same link. Sorry on cell phone here. Go few post up. Thanks

RedPenguin u should try it. for me it crash .
Shani-08 if it works for u can u tall the staps pls.
thanks man.

RE: librtmp - Help Thread & RP's LiveStreams List - meddem - 2014-03-20

For me both files crashes xbmc also. both Beyond XBMC and XBMC ouya
thanks for your effort!

librtmp - Help Thread & RP's LiveStreams List - Shani-08 - 2014-03-20

Ok then I am calling off frodo. I have to test this before new release. Thanks a lot.

(2014-03-20, 17:52)Shani-08 Wrote: Ok then I am calling off frodo. I have to test this before new release. Thanks a lot.

yes pls test on Frodo 12.3 in ur virtual machine than u release.

Thanks for trying ...

RE: librtmp - Help Thread & RP's LiveStreams List - phinyx - 2014-03-21

I am hoping someone can help me here. I used to use xbmc on my MAC and i successfully replaced librtmp there with no issues. I am now trying it on an Android tv Box that i bought, but cannot get it going.

Steps i took:

1) I installed the latest version available for Android from here: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/android/arm/
2) I checked to see if my Android TV Box is rooted, by downloading various Root checking apps from the Google Play Store. They all seem to suggest that the box is rooted
3) I can only seem to access the /data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/lib/librtmp.so through terminal. Through file manager, i cannot see it.

What do i do from here? Do i download the last file called librtmp.apk from this link? http://www.mediafire.com/?x4cvp5hl4m9xr#6wvirp5aqdq1c

And then what..? Please advise!

Thanks so much in advance for the help.!

librtmp - Help Thread & RP's LiveStreams List - Shani-08 - 2014-03-21

You are using Gotham so download the Gotham rtmp I posted. Go few pages back.
Use ES file Manager, enable root option and your should be able to browse \data\data.......
I think Sageer posted step by step instructions a page two back. Thanks to him.

Shani

Hey Shani,

thank you for your reply. I downloaded ES File Explorer and when i try to check "Root Explorer" it says "Sorry test failed, this feature cannot run on your devise"

any ideas? I downloaded a few apps from the google play store to check and see if it was rooted and they all seem to say it is rooted.

librtmp - Help Thread & RP's LiveStreams List - Shani-08 - 2014-03-21

Try root explorer, it does the same thing. Thing is that you have to find a way to access root data folder, may be find their forum to see why ES is working.

hmm yeah i mean i can access it through the terminal. However, i can't copy anything in or out of it using terminal, says something like its read only.

ok i got it working, for anyone else with this issue,

I tried a whole bunch of apps from the app store and one finally worked:
i used an app called "Root Browser" and that let me do it.

Thanks!

RE: librtmp - Help Thread & RP's LiveStreams List - Shani-08 - 2014-03-23

Hi Guys,
I finally got time and understood what was going wrong with Frodo rtmp, please get the final one from http://ge.tt/8lt0oFR1
I have tested it myself and can confirm its working. However, I have tested on Frodo 12.3 vanilla. If you have any other variation then you have to give it a test. I can't promise its going for work anywhere else but don't have any reason why it shouldn't.

The problem was that after compiling Gotham rtmp file, i thought Frodo would be same. It turns out that reading the readme pays off at last
Frodo uses the Crystax NDK while Gotham supports Google's Android NDK. that's why it was crashing. Finally, after couple of hundred tries (lol) i am now able to compile produce Frodo rtmp with correct patches etc.
Enjoy and update here if it works for you. Don't forget to set the 755 rights etc etc. and keep the original file save.
On many of the Android variations, after the reboot, it recovers the old file from xbmc apk so create some batch file or new apk etc, i guess you guys can do that yourselves.

RE: librtmp - Help Thread & RP's LiveStreams List - RedPenguin - 2014-03-23

(2014-03-23, 17:17)Shani-08 Wrote: Hi Guys,
I finally got time and understood what was going wrong with Frodo rtmp, please get the final one from http://ge.tt/8lt0oFR1
I have tested it myself and can confirm its working. However, I have tested on Frodo 12.3 vanilla. If you have any other variation then you have to give it a test. I can't promise its going for work anywhere else but don't have any reason why it shouldn't.

The problem was that after compiling Gotham rtmp file, i thought Frodo would be same. It turns out that reading the readme pays off at last
Frodo uses the Crystax NDK while Gotham supports Google's Android NDK. that's why it was crashing. Finally, after couple of hundred tries (lol) i am now able to compile produce Frodo rtmp with correct patches etc.
Enjoy and update here if it works for you. Don't forget to set the 755 rights etc etc. and keep the original file save.
On many of the Android variations, after the reboot, it recovers the old file from xbmc apk so create some batch file or new apk etc, i guess you guys can do that yourselves.

I hate to ask you, but you can please go into greater detail of the steps you took to get your Android/XBMC toolchain to work so easily?

I was following XBMC's own readme.android on Ubuntu 13.10 64-bit and it was like I was battling one error after another.

First it took forever to get every single apt-get package I needed. Then I kept having to fix this and that in building dependencies (gave the most drama here), then it complained here and there attempting to build after.

RE: librtmp - Help Thread & RP's LiveStreams List - Shani-08 - 2014-03-23

Your experience is not quite different than mine, Gotham build was 100 times better and quicker. I had to reset my environment twice as i suspected something is a miss and it was complaining about everything that i could think off. However, these are the steps, not different than xbmc's ready me.
My environment, Windows Pc 64bit, with VirtualBox running Ubuntu 13.10 64 bit
Here are the steps, this is just to get RTMP compiled, the goal is not to create apk, therefore we will ignore errors or stop compiling as soon as rtmp has compiled. you are welcome to go through the readme and do the needful.

1. I followed this Read me, so anything not clear or requires more info, have a look here https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/Frodo/docs/README.android

2. from the readme perform step two
Code:
sudo apt-get install build-essential default-jdk git curl autoconf unzip zip zlib1g-dev gawk gperf cmake

3. also install the following as well
Code:
sudo apt-get install lib32stdc++6
There would be some other libraries but you will know in the beginning due to errors, sorry i don't remember all of them.

4. Download the SDK from http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html any latest will do.

5. Download the NDK from https://www.crystax.net/download/android-ndk-r7-crystax-5.beta3-linux-x86.tar.bz2
Please dont use any other NDK.

6.Create Four directories, one for SDK and another for NDK and extract the files we downloaded there, third one for ToolChain and fourth for TarBall

7. Install latest JRE and JDK

8. Now we need to setup SDK, remember the folder,, replace with <android-sdk> with real folder name
Code:
cd <android-sdk>/tools
./android update sdk -u -t platform,platform-tool

9. Now setup NDK, so replace <android-ndk> with the correct folder name and <android-toolchain> with toolchain name

Code:
cd <android-ndk>
cd build/tools
./make-standalone-toolchain.sh --ndk-dir=../../  --install-dir=<android-toolchain> --platform=android-9

my example looks like ./make-standalone-toolchain.sh --ndk-dir=../../ --install-dir=/opt/toolchainF --platform=android-9

10. now we need download the source code, we need to download the Frodo Branch, give a name to <SourceCodefolder>

Code:
cd $HOME
git clone -b Frodo git://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git <SourceCodefolder>
cd <SourceCodefolder>
git submodule update --init addons/skin.touched

11. Now we build dependencies

Code:
cd $HOME/<SourceCodefolder>/tools/android/depends
./bootstrap
sudo ./configure --with-tarballs=<pathToTarFolder> --with-sdk=<pathToSDK> --with-ndk=<pathToNDK> --with-toolchain=<pathTotoolchain>

my example looks like,
sudo ./configure --with-tarballs=/opt/xbmc-tarballsF --with-sdk=/opt/android-sdk-linux --with-ndk=/opt/android-ndk-r7-crystax-5.beta3 --with-toolchain=/opt/toolchainF

12. finally make, i have tried with -j20 and etc but it worked with single threaded so give it a try.
Code:
sudo make

13. It will take long time and might stop working, i tried sudo make clear and couple of times went back to step 11 when nothing was working.
you can try clear on specific libraries. If and when you see that <sourceFolder>/tools/android/target/librtmp is filled with source code and it compiling then you can start modifying the rtmp source to produce the library. you need to make sure that openssl was compiled successfully.

When the compilation of RTMP works then you will find the binary file in <toolchainFolder>/staging/armeabi-v7a/lib

(2014-03-23, 17:27)RedPenguin Wrote:
(2014-03-23, 17:17)Shani-08 Wrote: Hi Guys,

I hate to ask you, but you can please go into greater detail of the steps you took to get your Android/XBMC toolchain to work so easily?

I was following XBMC's own readme.android on Ubuntu 13.10 64-bit and it was like I was battling one error after another.

First it took forever to get every single apt-get package I needed. Then I kept having to fix this and that in building dependencies (gave the most drama here), then it complained here and there attempting to build after.