Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Xperience1080++ - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Xperience1080 (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=197)
+----- Thread: [MOD] Xperience1080++ (/showthread.php?tid=165481)

RE: [MOD] Xperience1080++ - iorifly - 2014-01-21

I found a simple bug.

RE: [MOD] Xperience1080++ - im85288 - 2014-01-21

Update to 3.0.26

-- added the extra advanced launcher views and original banner view
-- Raindrop effect and Live CDs effect available in backgrounds
-- a few bug fixes

(2014-01-18, 00:24)sveni_lee Wrote: Thank you for your new update. You are faster than fast. I've tried to change the horizontal home menu. So I include the Background from the ccm Skin because I like the live cases and Raindrops.

This has now been added, you can activate it in the background settings.

(2014-01-19, 20:43)onlinespending Wrote: Awesome. Thanks for the info. BTW, I also noticed that the white Power and Favorites icons on the home screen have odd borders to them. It's as if the alpha blending is turned off around the edges of the icons. I don't see this behavior in the original skin.

Thanks for pointing that out, I changed the power button to something a bit better..the favourites one is more of a problem as the original colour is blue and I need it white for use with the colour focus. Nevertheless the power button is looking a lot better now Smile

(2014-01-20, 04:20)akya Wrote: Hi, I have one question.. I am using the horizontal view on home screen.. How do I change which menu items appear on home screen? I am using latest Gotham build btw Smile Oh and thee is Icon missing on that horizontal view for Settings..

Hi, the Horizontal view is not customisable..it's one of those areas that has not had much attention! I added the missing icons, trailers was missing too, and adjusted the backgrounds to pickup the usage of the fanart script from the background settings.

(2014-01-21, 00:05)iorifly Wrote: I found a simple bug.

Thanks, should be fixed now

RE: [MOD] Xperience1080++ - aeg13 - 2014-01-21

Thanks for the update Smile, still loving this skin(&mod)!

Would you consider adding other views or would you rather not clutter up the skin too much? It's not a dealbreaker for me if you don't want to, but I'm particularly charmed by this view: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=150116&pid=1320930#pid1320930

It uses the maximum amount of screen real-estate to show thumbnails and basically highlights and slightly enlarges the one you've selected. Looks amazing on a big TV Smile

RE: [MOD] Xperience1080++ - aeg13 - 2014-01-21

I'm encountering a bug. I have not enabled the live cases for any of my backgrounds (just checked in settings), but for some reason my 'Movies' and 'Music' items show the live cases over the single coloured background image I've set. Hard to explain, easy to see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT1vS123Z_o

Could this be a bug with the skin, or I did mess something up? Smile

RE: [MOD] Xperience1080++ - wex101 - 2014-01-22

Great update and happy to see the original banner list made it into the view list. Would you mind also adding it as an option under your plexbmc addon? One of my biggest reasons for wanting to switch from Xperience1080 to your mod is the integration of plexbmc

RE: [MOD] Xperience1080++ - Bkam - 2014-01-22

I updated to gotham with a nightly build and tried to add you skin from your repository but your skin is marked as broken for me so i cant install it Sad .

RE: [MOD] Xperience1080++ - sveni_lee - 2014-01-22

Thanks for update and including live cases background and raindrops.
Looking graet!

one more question:
is it right that I've cases only in the "info-List"-view and "Top 250 Info List".view?
I missing it in "panel (wall)"-view...

It's graet work you did... keep it up!

RE: [MOD] Xperience1080++ - im85288 - 2014-01-22

(2014-01-21, 20:59)aeg13 Wrote: Thanks for the update Smile, still loving this skin(&mod)!

Would you consider adding other views or would you rather not clutter up the skin too much? It's not a dealbreaker for me if you don't want to, but I'm particularly charmed by this view: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=150116&pid=1320930#pid1320930

It uses the maximum amount of screen real-estate to show thumbnails and basically highlights and slightly enlarges the one you've selected. Looks amazing on a big TV Smile

Nice view! That's definitely something I'll include in a future update Smile

(2014-01-21, 23:13)aeg13 Wrote: I'm encountering a bug.
Could this be a bug with the skin, or I did mess something up? Smile

There was a bug with them always beings displayed in version 3.0.26..I pushed version 3.0.27 to the repo late yesterday...hopefully this solves the issue you mentioned

(2014-01-22, 05:14)wex101 Wrote: Great update and happy to see the original banner list made it into the view list. Would you mind also adding it as an option under your plexbmc addon? One of my biggest reasons for wanting to switch from Xperience1080 to your mod is the integration of plexbmc

No problem at all. It was not something I had tested but could not see any reason why it would be excluded for the plexbmc add-on. So I entered plex mode, went to the movies section and selected all movies...where I could select the original banner view amongst many others. Do you do things differently to the steps I described above? Also for your information...although I will keep the plexbmc integration in the skin I will also be adding MediaBrowser support in the future. If you have not had a look check out http://www.mediabrowser3.com Currently the server is only available for Windows but they have working beta versions for Linux and Mac (I use the Mac one)..the development going on across there is excellent (I am participating a bit in the XBMB3C add-on that connects XBMC with MediaBrowser) - so far the biggest concentration is on performance..but soon we should be getting much more metadata than I could from the plexbmc add-on (i.e. logo, plot, cast... etc). This would integrate much better with the new alternate metro view where information on the movies/music/shows shown in the widgets would be available. Anyway my personal opinion now is the MediaBrowser is a far better media server than Plex..the web ui they have for editing/viewing your metadata etc is excellent, iOS app is nice..ipad app on the way..apps for roku etc so one to keep an eye on Smile

(2014-01-22, 08:53)Bkam Wrote: I updated to gotham with a nightly build and tried to add you skin from your repository but your skin is marked as broken for me so i cant install it Sad .

Strange...are you sure you added the gotham version of my repository?

(2014-01-22, 09:43)sveni_lee Wrote: Thanks for update and including live cases background and raindrops.
Looking graet!

one more question:
is it right that I've cases only in the "info-List"-view and "Top 250 Info List".view?
I missing it in "panel (wall)"-view...

It's graet work you did... keep it up!

Thanks, yes it could well be..it was not something I tested actually...but when time allows I'll take a look and try and see what's up!

RE: [MOD] Xperience1080++ - sveni_lee - 2014-01-22

(2014-01-22, 13:23)im85288 Wrote: Thanks, yes it could well be..it was not something I tested actually...but when time allows I'll take a look and try and see what's up!

okay, thank you...

I had a look into the new "livebackground" and found maybe a bug...
on Movie home menu I see the CD-Cases.

So i looked into the Includes_WindowsContent.xml and tried some little changes in cases.png and in sizes. maybe it's intresting for you.
I'm at work so I have no movie_poster in my vidoedb thats wy the cases are emty... I you like I can send you the mod-xml file by dopbox...

RE: [MOD] Xperience1080++ - wex101 - 2014-01-22

I hadn't looked at media browser and will look into it! I have been using plex with my chromecast and tablet when I go to other people's houses amongst other things. What I mean is when you configure the addon and select a view that you will not have to manually change. For example, if I go into the episodes of any tv show in my plex library and change it the normal way, it will not change the episode view under any other season for any other tv show. In the plexbmc addon configuration you can give it a native view for episodes, seasons, tv shows, etc... So I was just hoping it would be added to the configuration menu of the plexbmc addon.

RE: [MOD] Xperience1080++ - im85288 - 2014-01-22

(2014-01-22, 16:23)sveni_lee Wrote:
(2014-01-22, 13:23)im85288 Wrote: Thanks, yes it could well be..it was not something I tested actually...but when time allows I'll take a look and try and see what's up!

okay, thank you...

I had a look into the new "livebackground" and found maybe a bug...
on Movie home menu I see the CD-Cases.

So i looked into the Includes_WindowsContent.xml and tried some little changes in cases.png and in sizes. maybe it's intresting for you.
I'm at work so I have no movie_poster in my vidoedb thats wy the cases are emty... I you like I can send you the mod-xml file by dopbox...

Yes definitely, it was more of a thrown in version to get it working. But your version looks much better so yeah please share and I'll include it.

[MOD] Xperience1080++ - sveni_lee - 2014-01-22

Okay... I'll send tomorrow, because I forgot the USB-Stick at the Office...[PENSIVE FACE]

So, here it is...
I've changed a little bit... If you like, please feel free to use it...

RE: [MOD] Xperience1080++ - fantasticn - 2014-01-24

Hi im85288,

since you (and some other AddOn-Developers) have already stopped any further development of their Frodo-AddOns I was somehow "forced" to move on to Gotham now. That is kind of a challange since up to now Gotham has not even reached beta status and especially if you are using OpenElec (like I do) you have to search for some custom "nightly" builts that do not make you feel quiet comfortable in applying on your living-room PCs. However, the update was easy and successful and up to now I am quiet statisfied (and almost surprised) about the stability of the system. On the other hand I did not realize big improvements or advantages yet. And I was not able to find some of the announced new features (e.g. the pictures database).

As to your skin:
GREAT WORK! This has definitly become the most advanced skin that is currently available for XBMC. Even though there are some options that I personally do yot use (like the round tiles, because for me they do not go together we with very "angular" look of all the other elements of the skin, or the very nice livebackground, because I prefer a consistant background in the main menu and livebackground is only available on music and movie section) I have to admit that these are very interesting options. One thing that has become kind of a setback is the fact, that the posibility to adjust the transition of the background has been limited. The fanarts now will always be shown in full transition. Also I was using blue background color (which is more the "tinting" of the background), but in the Gotham-Version it - to me - now seems much too colorful and bright (so I had to set it to grey). Though I very much like "gagdets" like logos, clearart, fanarts and even the livebackgorund etc. I hope the overall look of the skin will not become too colorful and playful. I still believe that form and design have to follow function. And I think the basic idea of the tile-interface was to grant a very straight and concentrated look & feel of the skin,

Now one phenomenon I just came across which I do not actually know if it is skin related: In my tv-shows-folders I have posters for every season (like season01-poster.jpg, season02-poster.jpg etc.). And I also have a logo.png for the resepctive show included. Now usually the logo will be shown at the bottom of (1) the TV-shows overview, (2) the seasons overview of resepctive tv-show and (3) the episode overview of every season of that tv-show. However, if I also include a season-fanart (e.g. seasons01-fanart.jpg) I will not get the logo at the seasons overview anymore for that respective season (just for the other seasons which do not have such kind of season-fanart). But in the epsiodes-view it will still show up. This problem might not be skin related but can also be connected to the Artwork Downloader AddOn which I have to use to get logos, cleararts and cdarts to be implemented in the movie- and tv-show-database. Otherwise they will not show up anyway (which is quiet confusing, because in the music-section logos will show up at once by only putting them in the artist folders without the necessity to have them included in the database afterwards).

Another thing: It took me a moment to figure out how to switch from Gothams's standard-mode to the expert mode in the skin. It would be a good idea to have this selection being more prominent. And I am also missing the option to start updating the movie-, tv-show- and music-library from the context menu in the respective sections. Since - like many users - I am (usually) using the kiosk mode of the skin accessing the left menu is not easily possible for me. So it would be a good idea to not move to many switches that are useful in daily business out to that bar.

That's it from my side now. Keep up the very, very good work!

Brgds,

FantasticN

RE: [MOD] Xperience1080++ - aeg13 - 2014-01-24

I've got another question; I'm not sure if this is skin related or simply Gotham-related. For TV Shows folders on my HDD in which no episodes are present (they will be in the future when new ones air, but not now), XBMC indexes these shows and puts them in my views, but then it shows the "NEW" banner in stead of a "WATCHED" banner or nothing at all. So now when I'm looking at the view I see a show like Suits with "NEW", but there are 0 episodes inside and the 'mark as watched' action does nothing at all. Have you encountered this also, or is this some anomaly of my setup?

RE: [MOD] Xperience1080++ - im85288 - 2014-01-25

Update to 3.0.28

-- Includes Initial MediaBrowser integration for the xbmb3c add-on (goXBMB3C)
-- To make the most of the add-on set your Movie/TV/Music tiles as VideoNodes as described earlier on in the thread
-- Live CDs change included from sveni_lee
-- Some tweaks to Info List for showing rotten tomato icon when in MB3 mode

@fanatasticN - good to see you back! I'll look into your queries regarding the kiosk mode at a later date..it is not an option I have tried out as I love to tweak! With regards the problems with the artwork and the dependancy on using the artwork downloader and possibly artwork organiser these are issues that go away if you switch to the MediaBrowser server solution. It has probably the best metadata editor built into its web client so fix it in one place and all your clients benefit..another huge benefit I have seen is that it is an open source project which actively encourages people to start participating..which I have begun doing with the xbmb3c video add-on. They are soon to release Linux and Mac flavours of their servers too so everyone should be covered. By using the xbmb3c mode of the skin it switches all widgets on the home screen to that from your media browser server...so potentially allowing you to continue watching a tv show you had previously been watching on your roku, or iOS or any of the other clients they have. The aim is for the xbmb3c add-on to replace any need for having a local database for your media. Currently as it stands it can replace the need for the Skin widgets add-on and the NextAired script..as that info now comes from the server. Hopefully we can get the add-on to also provide the fanart backgrounds and so make the need for the script.fanart redundant...if your still looking for reasons as why you would want to switch to the MB3 server it also offers a lot more info such as the rotten tomatoes critic rating and reviews from critics..other things like similar tv shows etc etc I think allows for great potential with this as compared to the restricted info we got from using PlexPMS. And finally they also seem to be pro-actively pushing for new kinds of things such as two new image types: back images for blurays and spine images: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1455591/media-browser-3-is-coming/1140#post_24241310 allowing for potential new views

Oh and just in case you had not seen it this is a really useful add-on for upgrading/downgrading openelec: http://ls80.github.io/script.openelec.devupdate/

@aeg13 - It is not something I have noticed before...but probably never looked for it tbh..if you find its a bug please let me know.