Kodi Community Forum
Support Thread for libstagefright - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: Support Thread for libstagefright (/showthread.php?tid=168268)

RE: libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - JonnyShips - 2013-05-25

Using the Alpha2 on my OUYA retail model (Tegra3/1GB RAM)

XBMC crashes to launcher when Bluetooth disconnects

Also, I know the keyboard mapping has been an issue, would it be possible to allow native keyboards? I haven't used XBMC since it was on the original Xbox, but now that most devices have a keyboard nowadays how does XBMC handle the onscreen keyboard on x86 HTPCs? I came across this google group mentioning opening the keyboard by leveraging the JNI and talking back to Java https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/android-ndk/ImpwzH_PItc

Bluray rips are a bit laggy on my end, once caused the console to overheat and shutoff. Don't know if it's OUYA software or XBMC optimization. Probably need to wait for one or the other to mature for validation.

Also I had some videos rendered in Handbrake that I chose the ATV3 preset that crashed XBMC. Plays fine on the same hardware under MXPlayer.

If you need any logs let me know. Long thread so I don't know if these issues have been addressed

RE: libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - fmonaca - 2013-05-28

Alpha 1 on my OUYA (retail). Works flawlessly with every video. 720p and 1080p smooth, no glitches whatsoever. Even skipping works for me. No crashes while watching (though I didn't watch any of the videos for more than few minutes each).

RE: libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - oldino - 2013-05-28

Is fast skipping an issue only in alpha 2 or also in alpha 1?
I have installed alpha 2 on my brand new ouya and fast forward/rewind is the only major issue encountered right now.
Thanks for tips

RE: libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - fmonaca - 2013-05-28

(2013-05-28, 12:59)oldino Wrote: Is fast skipping an issue only in alpha 2 or also in alpha 1?
I have installed alpha 2 on my brand new ouya and fast forward/rewind is the only major issue encountered right now.
Thanks for tips

I don't know, since with the alpha2 I had issues with HD videos. So I tried alpha1 and it works fine for me. I didn't actually try to fast-forward or rewind, I skipped ahead or back with the arrows instead. I'm using a wireless connection, thus FF, RW or skipping can be slower than usual due to buffering problems, but only with 1080p content sometimes I had slight pauses on skipping due to the rebuilding of the cache.

RE: libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - zekeb - 2013-05-28

Tried to install on Driod Bionic (TI OMAP4 SoC). Get the error process org.xbmc.xbmc has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Cannot launch to enable debugging, so I have no xbmc.log file to upload.

RE: libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - tennisbgc - 2013-05-29

(2013-05-28, 12:59)oldino Wrote: Is fast skipping an issue only in alpha 2 or also in alpha 1?
Thanks for tips
For me skipping 720p or lower is fine when connected to my smb shares 1080p is slow and sometimes it simply wont skip ahead at all and will cause xbmc to crash. On a positive note I tried the same video on a usb drive directly connected and skipping was normal so it must be some sort of buffer in the network.

RE: libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - tennisbgc - 2013-05-29

also during playback I always get about a 1" black bars top and bottom. the menu and emulators are fine.

update: during video playback I had to go under the video settings and was able to adjust the pixels

Found another little bug.Using the ouya If you have a video paused for awhile a little split/second of the audio will play just once. Anyone else notice this?

RE: libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - fmonaca - 2013-05-29

(2013-05-29, 00:24)tennisbgc Wrote:
Thanks for tips
For me skipping 720p or lower is fine when connected to my smb shares 1080p is slow and sometimes it simply wont skip ahead at all and will cause xbmc to crash. On a positive note I tried the same video on a usb drive directly connected and skipping was normal so it must be some sort of buffer in the network.

Yep, I've noticed it too.

On a side note, I find the wifi speed of the OUYA simply terrible. Tried to download stuff from my network shares and I can't get more than 900KB/s. Sometimes it didn't get over 300KB/s. Too slow for a good streaming. My other devices/computers move stuff around on the lan at a minimum 2MB/sec, usually 5-6MB/sec, depending on many factors (I know that's not really good, but this is not the right post to rant about it - it is plenty for a decent HD streaming, though).

So did more tests and I can confirm video/audio are top notch with alpha1. Problem is if I keep watching for more than a few minutes, I have buffering pauses. Network problem though, not XBMC's. It happens with large 1080p videos (6-7GB or more) with high bitrate. If I connect the OUYA with a patch the streaming is good and the quality is perfect.
The only problems I had were a couple of crashes trying to resume playing a 1080p video. I'll do some more testing (and logging this time) trying to reproduce the issue.

RE: libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - oldino - 2013-05-29

(2013-05-29, 03:52)fmonaca Wrote:
(2013-05-29, 00:24)tennisbgc Wrote:
Thanks for tips

Yep, I've noticed it too.

On a side note, I find the wifi speed of the OUYA simply terrible. Tried to download stuff from my network shares and I can't get more than 900KB/s. Sometimes it didn't get over 300KB/s. Too slow for a good streaming. My other devices/computers move stuff around on the lan at a minimum 2MB/sec, usually 5-6MB/sec, depending on many factors (I know that's not really good, but this is not the right post to rant about it - it is plenty for a decent HD streaming, though).

So did more tests and I can confirm video/audio are top notch with alpha1. Problem is if I keep watching for more than a few minutes, I have buffering pauses. Network problem though, not XBMC's. It happens with large 1080p videos (6-7GB or more) with high bitrate. If I connect the OUYA with a patch the streaming is good and the quality is perfect.
The only problems I had were a couple of crashes trying to resume playing a 1080p video. I'll do some more testing (and logging this time) trying to reproduce the issue.

Yeah same here, wifi speed is terrible and sometimes I even loose signal, so I had to stick with ethernet cable.
2 questions:
1) where can I download alpha 1?
2) is it possible to emulate right mouse click using just ouya pad?

RE: libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - fmonaca - 2013-05-29

1) Alpha1 (or at least I believe it is alpha1): here
2) Power button on the pad (short press)

P.M.
I resolved the wifi problem sticking a wireless bridge (chinese unbranded one, paid around 30$ on Ebay) to the OUYA. Difference is night and day, now streaming of 12GB 1080p videos is flawless (although I also changed the buffer size of the network streaming in advancedsettings.xml - now it takes 2-3 seconds to start a video but then it usually never buffers again).

RE: libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - mgnu - 2013-05-29

(2013-05-29, 11:09)fmonaca Wrote: 1) Alpha1 (or at least I believe it is alpha1): here

P.M.
I resolved the wifi problem sticking a wireless bridge (chinese unbranded one, paid around 30$ on Ebay) to the OUYA. Difference is night and day, now streaming of 12GB 1080p videos is flawless (although I also changed the buffer size of the network streaming in advancedsettings.xml - now it takes 2-3 seconds to start a video but then it usually never buffers again).

WiFi speed on my Ouya is also pitiful. I opted to buy a powerline adapter for mine vs. WiFi bridge. I can't tell yet if 720p or 1080p MKVs will be good until I get the LAN issues taken care of...

RE: libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - oldino - 2013-05-29

(2013-05-29, 11:09)fmonaca Wrote: 1) Alpha1 (or at least I believe it is alpha1): here

P.M.

Mmmm I doubt your linked version allows hardware acceleration. Maybe some other member can confrim this. As far as I know only gotham builds allow that.
Thanks for tip #2.

RE: libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - william265 - 2013-05-29

why is the download a zip file I cant or don't know how to install a zip on android were is the apk for newest xbmc for allwinner a31 experimental build ty for any help

RE: libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - tennisbgc - 2013-05-30

(2013-05-29, 23:42)william265 Wrote: why is the download a zip file I cant or don't know how to install a zip on android were is the apk for newest xbmc for allwinner a31 experimental build ty for any help
just extract the file with a program like winrar.