Kodi Community Forum
Support Thread for libstagefright - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: Support Thread for libstagefright (/showthread.php?tid=168268)

RE: libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - dinki - 2013-06-27

I'm running libstagefright on my OUYA. It's reporting that all the PVR addons are 'broken' . My intention is to be able to use the OUYA with my NPVR backend for watching live tv. Are the PVR addons not supported under Android or is this an OUYA issue?

I tried doing a search of this thread for PVR but my search string was too short so please be kind if this has been addressed.

RE: libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - E4ka - 2013-06-27

(2013-06-27, 16:58)dinki Wrote: I'm running libstagefright on my OUYA. It's reporting that all the PVR addons are 'broken' . My intention is to be able to use the OUYA with my NPVR backend for watching live tv. Are the PVR addons not supported under Android or is this an OUYA issue?

I tried doing a search of this thread for PVR but my search string was too short so please be kind if this has been addressed.

I have a problem with the OUYA, too. PVR is broken, not a problem for me, i didn't want to use it. But i can't access my external USB-drive (looks like empty drive, no error). Worked perfect with the "normal" xbmc (except of HD).
Now i can watch HD-Videos through my network, but no videos from an USB-drive (because of that scenario i have backed for the OUYA).

Could you be so nice to test an external drive on your OUYA?

Edit: I've found the problem. I installed this version over the normal. After I had completely uninstalled xbmc (deleting all settings) and installed it new, it works like a charme.
So, always use a fresh install!

RE: libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - nero12 - 2013-06-27

(2013-06-26, 21:52)Nix_Zero Wrote:
(2013-06-26, 17:08)nero12 Wrote: which one to go with:

Rockchip RK3188. vs AML8726-MX

rk3188 minipc are still plagued by an annoying kernel bug that make them stutter when playing movies with fast-panning scenes, new 2.0 sdk should fix it but no minipc has still released any firmware based on the new skd.

Thanks for your valuable information.

RE: libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - fmonaca - 2013-06-28

(2013-06-27, 16:58)dinki Wrote: I'm running libstagefright on my OUYA. It's reporting that all the PVR addons are 'broken' . My intention is to be able to use the OUYA with my NPVR backend for watching live tv. Are the PVR addons not supported under Android or is this an OUYA issue?

DId you try to enable it anyway? I did and it worked for me, even if it said it was broken (I'm using TVHeadend).

(2013-06-27, 12:03)Tadly Wrote:
(2013-06-27, 05:04)GCM707 Wrote: I am not too familiar with the android operatin system, but I need to change the cache size for XBMC on ouya. A few of the files I am trying to play seem to fill up the cache and then play pretty choppy. I know about making the advancedsettings.xml file but just can't seem to find a way to get into the appropriate file on the ouya console. Anyway I could edit the apk before putting it on the console? Other suggestions?

You also could push the advancedsettings.xml using adb into the directory. I think this is the easiest way Wink
Just do:
adb push ./advancedsettings.xml /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/
(not 100% sure about the path.. I'm not at home so i just guessed ^^)

Hope this helps Smile

Why not to use a file manager? You can simply install ES File Explorer. Just go there: link and download it using OUYA browser. Then you can just copy/paste it from a usb key or your LAN.
Anyway, I tried that solution but with OUYA's crappy wifi I couldn't have decent video streaming even with a gargantuan cache. It took ages to start the video (6-10 seconds instead of a couple) but then, once the big cache was used up, the movie stopped once every few seconds to buffer. If by choppiness you mean frequent stops to buffer increasing the cache could help. If it is a more general choppiness I doubt the cache is the culprit. Eventually I had to use a wifi bridge to have a decent streaming (especially for 1080p videos).

RE: libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - dinki - 2013-06-28

(2013-06-28, 02:35)fmonaca Wrote:

DId you try to enable it anyway? I did and it worked for me, even if it said it was broken (I'm using TVHeadend).

Yup. That's all it took. Got it working. Thanks. Unfortunately I'm getting some pretty choppy playback on my 1080p recordings even on a wired connection. Hopefully this will improve in time.

RE: libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - GCM707 - 2013-06-28

'fmon
[/quote Wrote:
Why not to use a file manager? You can simply install ES File Explorer. Just go there: link and download it using OUYA browser. Then you can just copy/paste it from a usb key or your LAN.
Anyway, I tried that solution but with OUYA's crappy wifi I couldn't have decent video streaming even with a gargantuan cache. It took ages to start the video (6-10 seconds instead of a couple) but then, once the big cache was used up, the movie stopped once every few seconds to buffer. If by choppiness you mean frequent stops to buffer increasing the cache could help. If it is a more general choppiness I doubt the cache is the culprit. Eventually I had to use a wifi bridge to have a decent streaming (especially for 1080p videos).

This worked well. Thank you. I tried setting my cache to 200mb, then set it to 0 (apparently this makes it "unlimited" and writes to storage instead of ram). Using 0 has had the best performance so far, but its still unusable to me. Guess ill keep messing with it.

RE: libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - fmonaca - 2013-06-28

(2013-06-28, 04:58)dinki Wrote:
(2013-06-28, 02:35)fmonaca Wrote:

Yup. That's all it took. Got it working. Thanks. Unfortunately I'm getting some pretty choppy playback on my 1080p recordings even on a wired connection. Hopefully this will improve in time.

I'm still using Alpha1 because any version later that that is stuttering with my OUYA (I mean, 720p or 1080p videos).

RE: libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - cryodream - 2013-06-28

I installed libstagefright version from the first post on my Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet and OUYA. Haven't tested any of those properly yet, because I ran into problem: I can;t find userdata folder anywhere. I can't find any XBMC files period. Where are they? I have this folder, but it is completely empty: Android\data\org.xbmc.xbmc\files.
Please help. I'm having some trouble with xbmc and can't even check the logs to figure out whats going on. BTW, Log Uploader add-on doe not work either. Anyway, I need to find where my userdata is, I need to put advancedsettings.xml in there, etc.

Thanks in advance.

RE: libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - bac522 - 2013-06-28

(2013-06-28, 14:06)cryodream Wrote: Where are they? I have this folder, but it is completely empty: Android\data\org.xbmc.xbmc\files.

/mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc

RE: libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - cryodream - 2013-06-28

Thanks. I am an idiot, I forgot to enable show hidden files.

RE: libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - hstegeman - 2013-06-28

This question is not related to the subject. Set show hidden files on in your file explorer. To explore from witin xbmc you have to set show hidden files and directories. Appearance 》》file lists 》》

RE: libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - kaadaq - 2013-06-29

On alpha4 for my Minix Neo X5 -- just noticed that I seem to kick out trying to play a music album off my NAS (mounted local via CIFS), about 30s into the first track. (I was so excited about my movies working, I didn't notice it before). I'll have to pull a log later and post it, but in the meantime, anybody else noticing this?

RE: libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - hstegeman - 2013-06-29

I have a neo x5 too, my experience with alpha 4 is not good. I am getting to much errors. I did report them before. Since a few weeks i am making use of alpha 1, rooted and making use of kirks rom. My minix neo x5 is working very well, i do not have problems playing hd videos, 720p and some 1080p are playing very well.

RE: libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - owtroid - 2013-06-30

(2013-06-29, 23:33)hstegeman Wrote: I have a neo x5 too, my experience with alpha 4 is not good. I am getting to much errors. I did report them before. Since a few weeks i am making use of alpha 1, rooted and making use of kirks rom. My minix neo x5 is working very well, i do not have problems playing hd videos, 720p and some 1080p are playing very well.

You've gotten 1080p working well with the neo x5? I've struggled getting 720p playing well. Right now, 720p is ok, using an updated libstagefright.so together with the xbmc build 0219 with hw accel (and modified advancedsettings.xml). What did you do to get 1080 working good?

I should mention that I'm using cifs manager to mount smb shares that I play from. I haven't had more luck with local media though... Playing via smb in xbmc directly doesn't work at all but that's to be expected right now from what I've read.

RE: libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - hstegeman - 2013-06-30

(2013-06-30, 12:07)owtroid Wrote:
(2013-06-29, 23:33)hstegeman Wrote: I have a neo x5 too, my experience with alpha 4 is not good. I am getting to much errors. I did report them before. Since a few weeks i am making use of alpha 1, rooted and making use of kirks rom. My minix neo x5 is working very well, i do not have problems playing hd videos, 720p and some 1080p are playing very well.

You've gotten 1080p working well with the neo x5? I've struggled getting 720p playing well. Right now, 720p is ok, using an updated libstagefright.so together with the xbmc build 0219 with hw accel (and modified advancedsettings.xml). What did you do to get 1080 working good?

I should mention that I'm using cifs manager to mount smb shares that I play from. I haven't had more luck with local media though... Playing via smb in xbmc directly doesn't work at all but that's to be expected right now from what I've read.

My neo x5 is rooted and i am making use of the latest kirks rom 720p no airplay. My neo x5 is making use of ethernet, no wifi.
I am also making use of cifs. The 1080p movies (yify) are not very big, max. 2,5 gb. Streaming those files on my lan do not give any problems.Streaming yify files from by example mashup is working most of the time without problems.