Kodi Community Forum
Support Thread for libstagefright - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: Support Thread for libstagefright (/showthread.php?tid=168268)

RE: Support Thread for libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - mite_jan - 2013-11-11

(2013-11-08, 17:11)Koying Wrote: Yep. I'm working on optimizing H/W decoding on Rockchip.

make the rockchip users happy too not just the ouya users with a stable 12.3 frodo release with libstagefright Smile
i have tried the ouya build on my rockchip device but i noticed stuttering after playing HD video for a while like 15 minutes or so like the other users reported

i have found that the february releases 02/02 and 02/19 with libstagefright that were here before you delete the links were most stable to me with minimum crashing
and what is going with the mouse scrolling support in xbmc
ever thought of making it work ?

using rk3066 device

RE: Support Thread for libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - User 174715 - 2013-11-13

(2013-10-25, 13:12)Koying Wrote: Please do not forget that in latest nightlies, MediaCodec is used by default and not libstagefright.
You can enable/disable each one in the "Video-Playback" settings (if the those settings do not show, please adjust the settings level) and report in the proper thread.

On the GK802 subject, I don't have one so I have no idea.

I installed alpha9 on my nexus 7 FHD 2013. Stuttering playback. Same for nightlies. After a bit of digging I saw this post and disabled the MediaCodec. Everything is working fine again. Both MediaCodec and libstagefright were enabled by default.

Shouldn't there be a check that says: Hey, you're on a nexus 7 and need libstagefright, let's disable the MediaCodec for you.

RE: Support Thread for libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - oldpoem - 2013-11-13

(2013-11-13, 09:25)TwoZeroOne Wrote: Shouldn't there be a check that says: Hey, you're on a nexus 7 and need libstagefright, let's disable the MediaCodec for you.

XBMC never and shouldn't do this. It's up to user to figure what works best for their device. Even with the same device , different firmware would make some config goes weird.

RE: Support Thread for libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - sheepybach - 2013-11-15

There is no LSF h/w accel in the Nov 6th nightly only mediacodec any reason why this is so?

RE: Support Thread for libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - Koying - 2013-11-15

STF is not (yet?) compatible with KitKat, so is disabled on 4.4 devices.

RE: Support Thread for libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - bac522 - 2013-11-15

(2013-11-13, 10:46)oldpoem Wrote:
(2013-11-13, 09:25)TwoZeroOne Wrote: Shouldn't there be a check that says: Hey, you're on a nexus 7 and need libstagefright, let's disable the MediaCodec for you.

XBMC never and shouldn't do this. It's up to user to figure what works best for their device. Even with the same device , different firmware would make some config goes weird.

Steve Jobs would flog you for this thinking. Applications should do as much for the user as possible. 90% of the users out there are not software guru's or even like rolling up their sleeves to dig through a few setup screens.

RE: Support Thread for libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - davilla - 2013-11-16

welcome to android Smile

RE: Support Thread for libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - oldpoem - 2013-11-16

(2013-11-15, 22:39)bac522 Wrote: Steve Jobs would flog you for this thinking. Applications should do as much for the user as possible. 90% of the users out there are not software guru's or even like rolling up their sleeves to dig through a few setup screens.

Welcome to Android. Where Steve Jobs policy hasn't applied.

RE: Support Thread for libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - Koying - 2013-11-16

(2013-11-15, 22:39)bac522 Wrote: Steve Jobs would flog you for this thinking. Applications should do as much for the user as possible. 90% of the users out there are not software guru's or even like rolling up their sleeves to dig through a few setup screens.
Well, Apple has half a dozen products, 80.000 employees.and $50bn income.
There are a zillion android devices, we have 2.5 droid devs and zero income.

See the difference?

If you want perfect user experience, I'd advice you to use iBMC, then.

Oh, wait... Wink

RE: Support Thread for libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - oldpoem - 2013-11-16

Koying, how is that 60min framedrop bugfix goes?

RE: Support Thread for libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - Koying - 2013-11-16

Just PR'ed Wink Needs validation from davilla for some non-stf code, then it goes.

RE: Support Thread for libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - sheepybach - 2013-11-16

Koying,
Once again that you for your reply and helping this thick Welshman out, If I'd checked my other tabs then I would see that LibStFr is still supported on gotham nightlies >>>>>given self a good kicking<<<<<, ibmcHuh what's that
iechyd da

RE: Support Thread for libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - bac522 - 2013-11-16

(2013-11-16, 10:12)Koying Wrote:
Well, Apple has half a dozen products, 80.000 employees.and $50bn income.
There are a zillion android devices, we have 2.5 droid devs and zero income.

See the difference?

If you want perfect user experience, I'd advice you to use iBMC, then.

Oh, wait... Wink

Ha ha ha...funny...I'm no fan of Apple and I'm actually a hobby weekend programmer for Android, but I still beleive software needs to do as much for the user as possible. Still I don't want to detract from the hard work you guys have put in on developing the GPU decoding on Android, it is much appreciated!

RE: Support Thread for libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - menno - 2013-11-16

cool, the 60min bugfix! Could you elaborate on the root cause? Is there a github link to it?

RE: Support Thread for libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - Mister XY - 2013-11-17

I have tested the new nightly build xbmc-20131116-f8b9117-master-armeabi-v7a.apk for arm and can't play a movie. The movies stuttert when i start the movie or the movie are on the head and stuttert.