Kodi Community Forum
Support Thread for libstagefright - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: Support Thread for libstagefright (/showthread.php?tid=168268)

RE: Support Thread for libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - Nemphys - 2013-11-25

Yes Koying, please do!
I got my NeoX5 a good 5 months ago and I have never managed to get a decently a working XBMC since.
I have tried all firmware/XBMC combinations you can think of, but I can't even get normal SD streams to play flawlessly.
On the latest firmware (18/11) and the latest xbmc nightlies things are better, but only with the 720p firmware version (though I still can't play 720p videos perfectly, let alone 1080p).
With the 1080p firmware, everything is crawling, even the whole ui outside XBMC.
Any help/suggestions would be appreciated (please note that I view all my content through LAN, either SMB shares or TVheadend streams).

RE: Support Thread for libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - menno - 2013-11-25

Koying please be advised that on Minix x5 devices, your latest updates make libstagefright malfunction. SPMC 12.4 also only runs on a minix 4.2 rom! None of the latest nightlies run correctly either using just libstagefright on a 4.1 rom! I updated to 4.2 just to be able to use it! thx

RE: Support Thread for libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - Laser78 - 2013-11-25

I mentioned on the previous page,

IF there is now a version that played perfectly content in HD (720p and 1080p) in both local wifi, that version is this:

XBMC 13.0-ALPHA8 GIT: 201309928-9784790 (complete: sep 28 2013)

RE: Support Thread for libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - pe1dnn - 2013-11-25

(2013-11-25, 22:22)Laser78 Wrote: IF there is now a version that played perfectly content in HD (720p and 1080p) in both local wifi, that version is this:

Have you ever watched a full lenth 1080p movie with this? That one still has the libstagefright problem where after a while (for me about 20 to 30 minutes, for some an hour, I guess it depends on the hardware or the amount of RAM) the movie starts dropping frames. A stop and resume fixes it but it is not okay. If you only tested it for 5 minutes it looks quite right, but it turns out to be not so if you really start using it. Also plugins like Youtube do not work, these only started to work again early november when the issue with the android python version was fixed/bypassed.

For me the best is still xbmc-20130219-32e99c7-android-hwaccel-armeabi-v7a.apk in combination with an external player for 1080p (MXPlayerPro in my case). But since this was a test build this version is no longer available.

The latest nightlies vary, some days libstagefright works, the next day mediacodec, then none etc. Not stable anyway. And I get sound problems on Youtube playback which stragely enough nobody else seems to experience, yet I get it on 3 completely different devices. Go figure...

I hope at the end of the month there will be a next stable alpha build where hopfully finally everything works at the same time for once...

Until that time, hold your breath. I know Koying is trying to find the libstagefright problem or already found it, so that would be one problem less if that is fixed. There is still some time until the release date to go...

RE: Support Thread for libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - ptiper21 - 2013-11-26

i think the bigger problem for testing new nightly builds is the issue with the broken addons. in my nexus with kitkat only latest nightly builds are working, but without addons! hope for updates of addons too!

RE: Support Thread for libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - pe1dnn - 2013-11-26

(2013-11-26, 12:11)ptiper21 Wrote: i think the bigger problem for testing new nightly builds is the issue with the broken addons. in my nexus with kitkat only latest nightly builds are working, but without addons! hope for updates of addons too!
This is off topic here, but most add ons are only broken because of a missing dependency with a newer python version (version moved up on October 14). Just say NO if XBMC asks if they should be disabled because in most cases they work fine. So just enable them again and ignore the XBMC message.

See also http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=177482

RE: Support Thread for libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - Laser78 - 2013-11-26

(2013-11-25, 23:04)pe1dnn Wrote:
(2013-11-25, 22:22)Laser78 Wrote: IF there is now a version that played perfectly content in HD (720p and 1080p) in both local wifi, that version is this:

Have you ever watched a full lenth 1080p movie with this? That one still has the libstagefright problem where after a while (for me about 20 to 30 minutes, for some an hour, I guess it depends on the hardware or the amount of RAM) the movie starts dropping frames. A stop and resume fixes it but it is not okay. If you only tested it for 5 minutes it looks quite right, but it turns out to be not so if you really start using it. Also plugins like Youtube do not work, these only started to work again early november when the issue with the android python version was fixed/bypassed.

For me the best is still xbmc-20130219-32e99c7-android-hwaccel-armeabi-v7a.apk in combination with an external player for 1080p (MXPlayerPro in my case). But since this was a test build this version is no longer available.

The latest nightlies vary, some days libstagefright works, the next day mediacodec, then none etc. Not stable anyway. And I get sound problems on Youtube playback which stragely enough nobody else seems to experience, yet I get it on 3 completely different devices. Go figure...

I hope at the end of the month there will be a next stable alpha build where hopfully finally everything works at the same time for once...

Until that time, hold your breath. I know Koying is trying to find the libstagefright problem or already found it, so that would be one problem less if that is fixed. There is still some time until the release date to go...

Exactly, that's why I commented.

The version [13.0-ALPHA8 GIT: 201 309 928] works uncut and it stops with 720p and 1080p movies, I checked several days.

Of course, what works is not YOUTUBE plugin, but from what I see in the forum happens to many people with different versions of XBMC.

RE: Support Thread for libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - Nemphys - 2013-11-26

(2013-11-26, 16:51)Laser78 Wrote:
(2013-11-25, 23:04)pe1dnn Wrote:

The version [13.0-ALPHA8 GIT: 201 309 928] works uncut and it stops with 720p and 1080p movies, I checked several days.

Of course, what works is not YOUTUBE plugin, but from what I see in the forum happens to many people with different versions of XBMC.

Can you please provide a D/L link for this build so that I can test it? Is it the Alpha8 build provided here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=development_builds ?

RE: Support Thread for libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - Laser78 - 2013-11-26

(2013-11-26, 18:58)Nemphys Wrote:
(2013-11-26, 16:51)Laser78 Wrote:
(2013-11-25, 23:04)pe1dnn Wrote: Have you ever watched a full lenth 1080p movie with this? That one still has the libstagefright problem where after a while (for me about 20 to 30 minutes, for some an hour, I guess it depends on the hardware or the amount of RAM) the movie starts dropping frames. A stop and resume fixes it but it is not okay. If you only tested it for 5 minutes it looks quite right, but it turns out to be not so if you really start using it. Also plugins like Youtube do not work, these only started to work again early november when the issue with the android python version was fixed/bypassed.

Can you please provide a D/L link for this build so that I can test it? Is it the Alpha8 build provided here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=development_builds ?

I mention on my website.

This is the exact version

RE: Support Thread for libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - ltworf13 - 2013-11-26

Tested out the xbmc-20130928-9784790-aefixes-armeabi-v7a.apk on my Pivos XIOS Android top box.Audio setting only has Output/Speaker config & GUI. No setting to select the audio types. I'm assuming that normal. Set to HDMI / 7.1. Sound and audio files choppy and i'm on LAN connection with box. Is it worth trying the xbmc-13.0-Gotham_alpha8-armeabi-v7a.apk nightly>

RE: Support Thread for libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - sheepybach - 2013-11-27

I have to agree that this build " xbmc-20130219-32e99c7-android-hwaccel-armeabi-v7a.apk "is still the best and gives out the least amount of problems and will run 720/1080p films start to finish. I'd love to have it on all my tabs but as has been said it's not around anymore but I'm sure glad I have it on 2 of my tabs.

RE: Support Thread for libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - bac522 - 2013-11-27

(2013-11-27, 15:44)sheepybach Wrote: I have to agree that this build " xbmc-20130219-32e99c7-android-hwaccel-armeabi-v7a.apk "is still the best and gives out the least amount of problems and will run 720/1080p films start to finish.
So in 9 months, development has gone backwards?

RE: Support Thread for libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - davilla - 2013-11-27

yep, that's the way we like it Smile

RE: Support Thread for libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - saurito - 2013-11-27

(2013-11-27, 15:44)sheepybach Wrote: I have to agree that this build " xbmc-20130219-32e99c7-android-hwaccel-armeabi-v7a.apk "is still the best and gives out the least amount of problems and will run 720/1080p films start to finish. I'd love to have it on all my tabs but as has been said it's not around anymore but I'm sure glad I have it on 2 of my tabs.

RE: Support Thread for libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - Martijn - 2013-11-27

Using outdated builds will void any help. You are on your own.