Kodi Community Forum
WIP WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: OS independent / Other (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=228)
+---- Thread: WIP WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial. (/showthread.php?tid=169651)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial. - Deano316 - 2013-08-23

Been back to the 2013 PPVs and completed the cast and bios that were missing. Also the synposes are complete now, added some artwork such as matchcard fanart and posters. Have we settled on what we're using for crew? I've just been using Trips and Steph as Creative Consultants and Vince as Director so far. Just need to add a logo for MITB to fanart.tv and add the missing crew where relevant and we're up to date for this year.

Regarding iTunes synopses, I'm using Chrome as my browser. Not sure if that makes a difference? I do have iTunes installed though. In any case I can grab those as and when necessary Wink

Edit: Just added WWE Night of Champions 2013 to tmdb, obviously bare bones at the minute. Just want to avoid duplicates Big Grin

RE: WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial. - exoscoriae - 2013-08-23

Well, after filling out over 170 ppv's, I don't really see myself having the time to write up storyline synopsis's for every one of them. Especially since I don't always know the context of the feud.

For the shows that itunes has, be my guest in using that as the synopsis. I don't think it is realistic however for us to go back and rewrite all the ones that are already done. Nor do I like the idea of deleting information in those overviews in an effort to re-write them. Many of them are already just udner 1,000 characters, so to add descriptions like this means deleting stuff that is already there. So to add a few adjectives to describe a main event means deleting some of the under card information.

Personally, I'd rather know what was on the undercard instead of having a really well described main event.

I'm wrapping up for the week. Just finished "WWE The Great American Bash 2004", so 2004 is halfway done.

RE: WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial. - Deano316 - 2013-08-25

Spent a bit of time cleaning up a few duplicate profiles from tmdb today, mostly for the recent PPVs. Will go back and do some more tomorrow. I'm going to work backwards so hopefully we'll meet in the middle.

RE: WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial. - Deano316 - 2013-08-26

Just completed 2013 as far as possible, Survivor Series & TLC 2012 also complete. It's a lot of work getting things up to speed, but so much easier to find Superstars & Divas when aliases are added Big Grin Got to take a break tomorrow, will get back to it Tuesday. Incidentally, which profile are you using for Rey Mysterio? There are two different ones, not sure which one to go with.

RE: WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial. - exoscoriae - 2013-08-26

Using Oscar Rubio for Rey Mysterio. I don't see any other profile that match searches for "mysterio".

I've wrapped up 2004 today and will be moving into 2005, where I believe allsa001 had begun last week.

Should go a bit faster than 01-04 which, for the most part, didn't have most of the ppv's even entered yet.

I'm still cleaning up and adding info/pics of a lot of cast members as I come across them. Your work on cleaning up the 2013 era cast is going to be extremely helpful as I cross into 05/07 where a mjaority of these guys showedup for the first time.

AH - I found the other mysterio. Moving them all to the same profile now.

edit:
I was under the impression that allsa had started at 2005 last week when I started 2000. However I am at backlash 2005 and it doesn't even exist yet.... I guess that means he wasn't able to get anything done last week. At this point It is prob best if just you and I finish this project Deano. With the rate I'm working forward, nd with you working backwards - it would be quit difficult for a third person to work between us without stepping on the toes of whatever work we are getting done.

2005 is complete.

RE: WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial. - Deano316 - 2013-08-28

I'll do some more work Thursday. In case you get stuck for a picture to complete any profiles you create check here:

http://www.thewrestlingrevolution.com/WList.php?type=A

They have plenty Wink

RE: WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial. - exoscoriae - 2013-08-28

2006 complete. Also modified a few profiles for guys that just showed up, like CM Punk... who was still listed under his ring name rather than his real name. I added their ring names to the alternate names field though, so they will still be easy to find.

edit:
2007 complete. For all these years you'll want to pull a list and add them to your master list over there. For the most part, other than WrestleMania, I am having to create a new page for every PPV. I just got tired of making a list over here every time I added a PPV. At this rate, I am hoping to be finished by the end of next week.

RE: WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial. - Deano316 - 2013-08-29

Not even remotely as fast as you at this, but getting better Smile MITB 2012-present is complete. Cast, crew, synopsis, artwork, trailers, taglines and all relevant info is now there Big Grin Keep running into missing profiles which is slowing me down, but I've added a bunch and removed a few duplicates. Slow going but I'll continue tomorrow. Quick question, have you omitted the commentary team from your entries? I have so far, but I'm thinking they should at least be under crew if nothing else?

RE: WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial. - Deano316 - 2013-08-30

Managed to get 2012 complete, added a few new profiles and fleshed out some more existing ones which should help you out exoscoriae. Taking a break for the weekend, too much going on to get any more done. Great work bro, you've been a force of nature on this project Wink

RE: WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial. - exoscoriae - 2013-08-31

thanks. good work on 2012. Looking forward to checking it out.

I got to backlash 2008 before having to stop on Thursday. Maybe we can finish by next week.

RE: WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial. - curswine - 2013-09-02

Everyone involved in this is doing great work and my library is looking better than ever now thanks to you all.

One question I have is if it's possible to hide all the ppvs from my regular movie library, all I've been able to manage is using the filter option but that is only temporary, any solutions?

RE: WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial. - Deano316 - 2013-09-02

(2013-09-02, 22:40)curswine Wrote: Everyone involved in this is doing great work and my library is looking better than ever now thanks to you all.

One question I have is if it's possible to hide all the ppvs from my regular movie library, all I've been able to manage is using the filter option but that is only temporary, any solutions?

Currently the only way to omit your PPVs from your movie library is through smart playlists. They are very easy to set up though. Have to say exoscoriae has done an amazing amount of work, puts mine to shame Confused You have him to thank for the tmdb info.

RE: WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial. - curswine - 2013-09-04

Thanks, I knew there was a way that I wasn't thinking of, I've got it working fine now.

RE: WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial. - exoscoriae - 2013-09-04

2008 is done.

I'll try to knock out 2009 tomorrow and half of 2010 on Friday.

I'll try to finish things up by next week.

edit:
hey Deano - today i actually scraped my data for the first time to check how it was working. The first thing I noticed was that i had misspelled Judgment Day on every single PPV, so I went and fixed that. But the second thing I was trying to figure out was the listing order. I created a smart playlist that has the rules "contains WWE" and/or "contains ECW". Then I applied it to a custom node on the Aeon Nox menu. Things seem to load well enough, and I can sort by year - but within the year it alphabetizes the PPV's. How are you sorting your PPV's? Have you figured out how to get them to all list chronologically, rather than just grouped by year?

RE: WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial. - Deano316 - 2013-09-05

(2013-09-04, 21:48)exoscoriae Wrote: 2008 is done.

I'll try to knock out 2009 tomorrow and half of 2010 on Friday.

I'll try to finish things up by next week.

edit:
hey Deano - today i actually scraped my data for the first time to check how it was working. The first thing I noticed was that i had misspelled Judgment Day on every single PPV, so I went and fixed that. But the second thing I was trying to figure out was the listing order. I created a smart playlist that has the rules "contains WWE" and/or "contains ECW". Then I applied it to a custom node on the Aeon Nox menu. Things seem to load well enough, and I can sort by year - but within the year it alphabetizes the PPV's. How are you sorting your PPV's? Have you figured out how to get them to all list chronologically, rather than just grouped by year?

Had this working before, think I altered the settings to appear by date (?) Worst case scenario you can add <sorttitle></sorttitle> under <set></set> in the nfo and just add the relevant sort number. I'll have to test it and get back to you. Yeah I misspelled Zach (Zack) Ryder, no idea why Confused All fixed now though. Just rescraped SummerSlam 2013 and have to say the finished article is awesome Big Grin