Kodi Community Forum
Help spread the word: XBMCHUB is not XBMC.org - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Help spread the word: XBMCHUB is not XBMC.org (/showthread.php?tid=171518)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Help spread the word: XBMCHUB != XBMC - natethomas - 2013-10-30

(2013-10-30, 04:03)HIGHWAY99 Wrote: Anyways, with anything, where there's enough to cause a community, there will obviously become fan-bases that will include the main name of what they are fans of or relating to within their name. I don't recall myself seeing where umOuch or Don have made any claim of being XBMC

Do you understand the difference between an outright statement and an implication? When a person makes a clearly false statement, that is considered a lie. When a person makes a false implication, that is called being misleading. The authors of your press releases never lie; they always mislead. In the past this has caused major tech blogs to misunderstand who was writing to them. In the present it causes everyday users to believe that hub IS XBMC.

For an example of a misleading email, see literally every email hub has ever produced. When the author says, "everyday XBMC gets better thanks to the hard work of our Devs," they can claim that they mean XBMC is getting better because of Dev addon work. Except they didn't say that. Instead, they worded it to imply that their Devs were the people developing core XBMC. If the breach between these communities is ever going to be healed, that has to stop.

RE: Help spread the word: XBMCHUB != XBMC - nickr - 2013-10-30

Does anyone own a trademark on the term XBMC? If so, they should enforce it.

RE: Help spread the word: XBMCHUB != XBMC - umOuch - 2013-10-31

As I have said before, regarding those within the foundation, I am more than happy to make corrections when issues are found and concerns are had. As with the last time these conversations took place... I will gladly fix items that are overstepping.

I did make every change that was brought to my attention the last time around and will happily do it again. All that is needed is a PM or EMAIL. As for forum emails, as of last week this has been taken from a "1-man" write and send situation and become a write, Submit for edits, submitted to the team for additional edits, then send out process.

The largest issues have always been between XBMC and the process of one specific member of our team. We have been working hard to create checks and balances to resolve these issues but until they are brought to my attention some things are simply missed.

The large majority of people that reside on our site do so ONLY because they/we can't be here. If things changed tomorrow... The site would disappear and we would all come back to xbmc.org. We love this team, this site, this platform and we want things to be better. It is difficult to be hated by those you have so much respect for... but I deal with it.

As always... If I am given specific concerns they will be dealt with just as BLOG POSTS, site disclaimers, and links to .org were handled. Even the donation page links to XBMC FOUNDATION. We do want things to be as good as possible. We DONT want to hurt XBMC.ORG.

I would also like to say, as I have countless times on the other site... I am personally sorry for all the drama and confusion as of late that was connected directly, or inderctly, to our site. I did make some terrible decisions that I wish I could take back. It does not sit lightly on my shoulders that my name will forever sit with some of the most turbulent times in recent XBMC history. I only want good... positive... fun XBMC. I only want to be a part of giving back to XBMC. I sincerely hope one of you would eventually open a dialog with me one on one to address your primary concerns.

RE: Help spread the word: XBMCHUB != XBMC - spoyser - 2013-10-31

(2013-10-31, 12:08)Abrasher Wrote: As I have said before, regarding those within the foundation, I am more than happy to make corrections when issues are found and concerns are had. As with the last time these conversations took place... I will gladly fix items that are overstepping.

I did make every change that was brought to my attention the last time around and will happily do it again. All that is needed is a PM or EMAIL. As for forum emails, as of last week this has been taken from a "1-man" write and send situation and become a write, Submit for edits, submitted to the team for additional edits, then send out process.

That's crap and you know it, even the hub mods raised their concerns about your blatent attempts to mis-lead users, and that was months ago.

You only need to look here for your recent attempts to mislead:

http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/front-page-news/12493-xbmc-13-%96-gotham-%96-august-cycle.html
http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/front-page-news/13595-xbmc-devcon-2013-a.html
http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/front-page-news/14653-platform-statistics-october.html

Yes there are small comments at the top to say they are from org, but that is so easily missed (and I believe put in after the fact)

AND more importantly it was agreed by the hub mods that all such re-postings would be reworded so that there would be zero possible confusion, in particular all instances of the word WE would be replaced appropriately.

The bottom line is that you are a liar, and you are purposely misleading XBMC users for your own gain - wouldn't be the first time would it eh?

RE: Help spread the word: XBMCHUB != XBMC - umOuch - 2013-10-31

I will not get into any arguments with those devs who have left and are actively trying to create drama. When I visited the very first link it says blatently that the news was from here... No misinformation at all. Wink

Yes mods... Devs... And myself agreed to make sure there were links and the such. I am sorry you feel the need to continue to make fights now that you are no longer a part of HUB. I can only hope people are able to see your personal issues within your reply.

Otherwise... in hopes of avoiding interactions with those devs who are now doing adverts and no longer on XBMCHUB I will not come back to this thread to read or reply Wink

If any of the XBMC Team would like to address specific concerns again... I am fully open via PM or EMAIL.

thanks

RE: Help spread the word: XBMCHUB != XBMC - spoyser - 2013-10-31

No drama, simply pointing out the fact that you were told by your own moderators (yes including me) that those types of post were misleading and yet you did nothing about it (even though you agreed you would - hence proving you understood the issues being raised).

You them come to the org and claim you are innocent and didn't know the issues and all the org need to do is contact you, why would they bother, you aren't gong to change, you have your own agenda, that confusion brings worth ($$$) to the hub and that is why you want it.

Must be annoying for you that you can't simply hit the delete button on every post you don't agree with like you do over at the hub.

Help spread the word: XBMCHUB != XBMC - ilovemymac - 2013-10-31

That's for sure. You try to help there and if it's not help that is in the hubs interest they delete your post. I like some of the addons but I never liked that hub always pushed we we we like they and this site were one and one and worked hand and hand.

But I have learned that the owners of the hub not just from them but from others who use to help there say that the owners are thick headed and do what they want period.

RE: Help spread the word: XBMCHUB != XBMC - Hedda - 2013-10-31

@Abrasher, if you really need to have these things pointed out then another example of your site still having false implication and misleading information, just look again at your own front-page which today reads:
Quote:SITE NOTICE

Over the past year the XBMC community has been steadily growing thanks to the support of our entire user base, without whom none of this would be possible. In case you don't already know, XBMC is a media centre software that can be installed on a variety of platforms including Mac, Windows, Apple TV, iPad, iPhone, Android, and Linux. XBMC opens up a whole new world of possibilities, where free movies and TV channels online are endless.

The development of the XBMC addons which give you access to watch movies and TV channels online are all created by third party addon developers and are not the official intended purpose of the XBMC media centre.
That reads as if your site is THE xbmc community, and that you are THE develop xbmc as well as host official and third-party addons. Other than the "third party addons" part of your logo, there is nothing in that text to directly indicate that the site is only an unofficial fansite.

And once you enter the site you even drop the "third party addons" part of your logo and instead made your logo say "XBMC HUB FREE TV", and the "third party addons" part is separate so that it is / can easily be misunderstood as if third-party addons are only in section of your site.

Do you think that a company like Microsoft would allow you to create a site called microsofthub.com and contain the type of misleading text like your site?

If XBMC.org was a company then I think they would have several very good legal claims to sue you for copyright infringement and false representation.

Quote:It's all legal, so we can't be held liable for the movies and TV channels online that people are watching, because all the software is doing is accessing content that is readily available online.
And that "It's all legal..." part just a outright lie. You are clearly not a lawyer and should not even try to make a legal statement like that.

Quote:Copyright © 2013 XBMC HUB Third Party Addons
You can not claim copyright of something with "XBMC" in the name, as that would be like someone claiming copyright of "Microsoft Hub" on a fansite called microsofthub.com

EDIT: @Abrasher, I think that if your intentions was really good then you should just change the name of your hub site to something that does not have "XBMC" in it, and simply get a new domain, redirect from the old.

At the very least add a much more clear top-notice disclaimer that state something like; this is an unofficial fansite for the XBMC Media Center that is committed to providing third-party addons and other third-party resources to assist you, AND please note that this site is in no way associated with xbmc.org nor its owners or affiliates.

RE: Help spread the word: XBMCHUB != XBMC - Eldorado - 2013-10-31

(2013-10-31, 15:46)spoyser Wrote:
(2013-10-31, 12:08)Abrasher Wrote: As I have said before, regarding those within the foundation, I am more than happy to make corrections when issues are found and concerns are had. As with the last time these conversations took place... I will gladly fix items that are overstepping.

That's crap and you know it, even the hub mods raised their concerns about your blatent attempts to mis-lead users, and that was months ago.

You only need to look here for your recent attempts to mislead:

http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/front-page-news/12493-xbmc-13-%96-gotham-%96-august-cycle.html
http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/front-page-news/14653-platform-statistics-october.html

Yes there are small comments at the top to say they are from org, but that is so easily missed (and I believe put in after the fact)

In this case I have to disagree.. In each of the 3 Don put direct links back to this site, same font and even at the top of the posts which is exactly what we were asking him to do if he was to re-posts news items

You would also be able to see if the post was edited if it was done after the fact, one of them was from 3 days ago!

I am one who raised concerns, but with these I see no problem

Sorry man, but on this one I think you are stretching a bit.. unless you can explain further? This IS what we agreed to internally, you and I both were on the same side, but with those links I personally think they are fine, but it's up to the xbmc.org guys for final judgement

@Hedda - you have made some good points

RE: Help spread the word: XBMCHUB != XBMC - Hedda - 2013-10-31

Quote:http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/front-page-news/12493-xbmc-13-%96-gotham-%96-august-cycle.html
hmm, even those titles and signatures that they use on the hub site forums are misleading. As example see Don Draper's title on hub forum:

"Team XBMC HUB Moderator" contains a false implication that he is a "HUB Moderator" from Team XBMC.

And Don Draper's signature on the hub site contains a false implication that he is "HUB Staff" from Team XBMC
Quote:Don Draper
Team XBMC HUB Staff
All again way too misleading, trying to make their site look like is an official hub site for XBMC instead of just an unofficial fansite.

It are all these seemingly small but constantly reoccurring claims and statements that all make it look like the hub and its members are on-purpose going out of their way to misrepresent their site as an official XBMC site, if if not THE official xbmc site. Ever heard of the saying; many little brooks make up a great river?

RE: Help spread the word: XBMCHUB != XBMC - misa - 2013-10-31

Apologise

RE: Help spread the word: XBMCHUB != XBMC - The_Enforcer - 2013-10-31

Why come here to the place where all work is done on ve main core to defend something that sits on top like leech.
Why not remove xbmc from name ?

You make believe that you create XBMC when you dont create anything apart from mistrust and suspicion
Argue man why you not create addon of code in C instead of making money from something not yours ?

I have been to your site and seen myself the lies you tell, where are your personal coded patches for XBMC ?
Making and creating and helping not argue ?

So argue upside down man why not show your work ?

Change name to "huboflies.com" and will be truth 1 your have told.
Stop claiming false things and not creating or helping ?

Xbmc is about ease of using and you make things harder to use.

XBMC (Real) Team work hard to make great thing and you ruin.

Go away upside down man, Hennig.

RE: Help spread the word: XBMCHUB != XBMC - natethomas - 2013-10-31

This was just in the facebook thread announcing XBMC 13 feature freeze.

Gregory: was told that we have to pay $100 a year to use it and if we dont it will be bloking are ip addresses
Like · Reply · 8 minutes ago

Pete: Kind of like that rumour about paying for facebook...
Like · 7 minutes ago via mobile

Gregory: no got eamil from them
Like · 6 minutes ago

RE: Help spread the word: XBMCHUB != XBMC - Dark_Slayer - 2013-10-31

(2013-10-31, 19:59)natethomas Wrote: bloking are ip addresses

Rofl Is "bloking an IP address" some kind of British saying for making friends with an IP?

RE: Help spread the word: XBMCHUB != XBMC - natethomas - 2013-10-31

Here's a copy of the full email. I'm assuming the hub guys aren't this dumb. But if it isn't them, somebody is going to great lengths to burn them.

Subject: Donation Time!
To:

Hello X-Mates,

As you all know from our last update, that funding XBMC is becoming an issue.
As we grow and more people use our services the more it cost to run and maintain our servers. Currently we are asking people for DONATIONS through our Facebook page. IF we get enough funding from people donating without us prompting them to this should keep us going forward for the next while. However I don't feel that we will get what need, we need at least $100 per person per year to keep us running and to keep everything running smoothly. I feel that we should inform everyone of this by the end of the month. As you all know we have access to everyone's IP address so if people decide not to donate we can stop the stream from going to their computers.

Just keeping you up-to-date X-Mates
You should get another update on November 5th about what we are going to do and how many people we have signed up to test Frodo 12.3

Thanks again X-Mates we couldn't do this without you, helping us collect the all important funds.

Chat later X-Mates

Best Regards

Roy.

X-Leader | Team XBMC