Kodi Community Forum
XBMC app for/by Ouya released - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: XBMC app for/by Ouya released (/showthread.php?tid=171732)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - oldpoem - 2013-10-23

(2013-10-23, 00:40)calev Wrote: Nvidia provides the drivers the tegra 3 chip Linux for tegra 3.

It only has gstreamers as backend. Which AFAIK still unusable in XBMC though.

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - oldpoem - 2013-11-03

For now, I'd recommend latest nightly started 20131102 generic android build over OUYA 12.3.2. Most major fixes in OUYA build is merged in nightly build (DVD ISO Playback , OUYA Joystick supported w/ custom keymap.) Also It seem using mediacodec instead of libstagefright mostly fixed framedrop problems. It still has problem with skin though but if you stick to confluence skin it'd be fine.

Also Airplay seems to be working in this build as well.

Note: You need to set audio offset to -200ms though. I set it though Audio Menu OSD, but I guess editing advancesettings.xml 'd do the job as well.

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - calev - 2013-11-04

(2013-11-03, 11:09)oldpoem Wrote: For now, I'd recommend latest nightly started 20131102 generic android build over OUYA 12.3.2. Most major fixes in OUYA build is merged in nightly build (DVD ISO Playback , OUYA Joystick supported w/ custom keymap.) Also It seem using mediacodec instead of libstagefright mostly fixed framedrop problems. It still has problem with skin though but if you stick to confluence skin it'd be fine.

Also Airplay seems to be working in this build as well.

Note: You need to set audio offset to -200ms though. I set it though Audio Menu OSD, but I guess editing advancesettings.xml 'd do the job as well.

Works really well except I cant add new video sources for some reason. Have to play files through the file manager.

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - oldpoem - 2013-11-04

I copied over sources xml and add new video sources is shown in confluence. It was not shown in Aeon Nox though.Hopefully it will be fixed in later nightly build.

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - nero12 - 2013-11-12

Hi,

Anyone: I assume ouya has not fixed the license issue yet with the default build ?

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - oldpoem - 2013-11-12

(2013-11-12, 07:54)nero12 Wrote: Hi,

Anyone: I assume ouya has not fixed the license issue yet with the default build ?

No.

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - DocG - 2013-11-12

Oddly enough, I went one version back because of the licensing issue and I've hardly used mine since, while the kids are still on the store version and are quite happy with theirs still. The one thing I really hope to get fixed is the lack of CEC support.

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - oldpoem - 2013-11-13

(2013-11-12, 23:36)DocG Wrote: Oddly enough, I went one version back because of the licensing issue and I've hardly used mine since, while the kids are still on the store version and are quite happy with theirs still. The one thing I really hope to get fixed is the lack of CEC support.

CEC is down to hardware/drivers level. AFAIK it won't be easy to fixed. Probably Tegra3 drivers issue.

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - KateTheAwesome - 2013-11-24

I'm using the OUYA native XBMC app to stream videos over LAN cables from my computer.

Everything below 720p and 720p itself up to 1-1,5GB (that I've tested) works well.
1080p and 1080i stutter with a file size of ~4GB.

And then another 1080p at 8GB file size is just a mess. It stutters with less than 1 frame in 5 seconds and the audio is just static Sad Again…using the native version of XBMC with the latest firmware.

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - oldpoem - 2013-11-24

(2013-11-24, 16:47)KateTheAwesome Wrote: I'm using the OUYA native XBMC app to stream videos over LAN cables from my computer.

Everything below 720p and 720p itself up to 1-1,5GB (that I've tested) works well.

And then another 1080p at 8GB file size is just a mess. It stutters with less than 1 frame in 5 seconds and the audio is just static Sad Again…using the native version of XBMC with the latest firmware.

I can play h264 30GB file over SMB easily on OUYA. Need to check if your file is VC-1 , OUYA don't have HW Decoder for VC-1 content.

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - KateTheAwesome - 2013-11-25

(2013-11-24, 18:15)oldpoem Wrote:
(2013-11-24, 16:47)KateTheAwesome Wrote: I'm using the OUYA native XBMC app to stream videos over LAN cables from my computer.

I can play h264 30GB file over SMB easily on OUYA. Need to check if your file is VC-1 , OUYA don't have HW Decoder for VC-1 content.

Hmm…I'm not very good when it comes to video codecs, I've never heard of VC-1 content. And if that is indeed what's causing this, what can I do to make it work? Re-encode it? Because if I download a show online or rip it from a DVD/ BLuRay it kinda sucks if there is a chance it won't play properly :C

Also something completely different that I noticed: with some movies/ shows I get audio issues. I'm just using an HDMI into the TV for sound. And it works fine for most things I try to play. But then, sometimes the sound just goes away: the show AND the UI. And it always happens with certain shows. E.G. a BluRay rip of Battleship.
Anyone encountered something like this before? :o

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - Dilligaf - 2013-11-25

http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download
Will tell you everything you need to know

(2013-11-25, 00:11)Dilligaf Wrote: http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download
Will tell you everything you need to know

Wow cool, thanks for that.

So yea…this one is the stuttering one:

And that one of the ones that has no audio :C

I assume I'll have to re-encode the VC-1 ones? How about the audio issue? Anything looking problematic there? Because its not just one file but other files, completely unrelated to that, as well Sad

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - Martijn - 2013-11-25

Just a warning. You will not receive any help if you are still using those old alpha xbmc builds from us.

(2013-11-25, 00:43)Martijn Wrote: Just a warning. You will not receive any help if you are still using those old alpha xbmc builds from us.

I assume 12.3 is the one to use? It's the native app in the OUYA market.