Kodi Community Forum
XBMC app for/by Ouya released - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: XBMC app for/by Ouya released (/showthread.php?tid=171732)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - djbase666 - 2013-08-27

Aha intresting ! other's say it's a well documented "general" android problem.

tnx for the info

so there is hope yet Wink

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - Ned Scott - 2013-08-27

It was just poorly worded. It means that the current Android firmware on OUYA is limited. Same reason all those gboxes only have 720 on Android. It's not a limitation of Android itself, but of the Android firmware specifically used. Another firmware could be created for the same hardware with different options.

More or less

Wiki has been updated.

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - KILLERNADS - 2013-08-27

Yes, the latest update solved the missing posters issue! Thank god for that one!

Now all i need fixed is the audio bug! Really hope someone can get the passthrough working soon! or just anyway for me to play 5.1 audio from AVR with OUYA without me having to switch the AVR off and then back on while movie is playing!

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - DarkVamp - 2013-08-27

(2013-08-26, 14:17)Koying Wrote: HDMI passthrough being absent is not a bug, it is an absent feature on Android.
Only with detailed specs of the SOC (in this case Nvidia tegra3) could you find the magic call to enable it.

When i disconnect the HDMI cable from my OUYA and the connect it again the DTS / AC3 sound works fine.

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - sarlan19 - 2013-08-28

Is there a way to disable completly the ouya os and install OpenElec ? DTS passtrough won't be a problem then.

I love my HTPC running XBMC, I enjoy XBMC on raspberry pi but on OUYA.... don't get me started :-)

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - davilla - 2013-08-28

(2013-08-28, 00:47)sarlan19 Wrote: Is there a way to disable completly the ouya os and install OpenElec ? DTS passtrough won't be a problem then.

I love my HTPC running XBMC, I enjoy XBMC on raspberry pi but on OUYA.... don't get me started :-)

Sure,

1) Create an OpenElec that runs on Nvida Tegra3 platform
2) Install and enjoy.

Step 1) is the tricky one.

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - jplages - 2013-08-28

Using SMB, XBMC can see and play the content of my share on the Airport Extreme's shared hard drive but it will only see the content of my share on the Mac. I won't play any file.

I'm using 10.8.4 and my Ouya is connected via Ethernet.

Anyone having a similar issue?

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - Ned Scott - 2013-08-28

(2013-08-28, 00:47)sarlan19 Wrote: Is there a way to disable completly the ouya os and install OpenElec ? DTS passtrough won't be a problem then.

OpenELEC specifically? No, but you can install other OSes on the OUYA.

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - Koying - 2013-08-28

(2013-08-28, 00:53)davilla Wrote:

Sure,

1) Create an OpenElec that runs on Nvida Tegra3 platform
2) Install and enjoy.

Step 1) is the tricky one.
ROFL Big Grin

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - KILLERNADS - 2013-08-28

(2013-08-27, 22:09)DarkVamp Wrote:
(2013-08-26, 14:17)Koying Wrote: HDMI passthrough being absent is not a bug, it is an absent feature on Android.
Only with detailed specs of the SOC (in this case Nvidia tegra3) could you find the magic call to enable it.

When i disconnect the HDMI cable from my OUYA and the connect it again the DTS / AC3 sound works fine.

Yes that is the same problem im getting. Although i dont have to plug it out, i can just switch the AVR off and then on again and sound will work fine!

So this is a Android OS problem and not a problem with OUYA? Are people working on getting this fixed? For me and many others its a major problem and should be given the highest priority for a fix!

Alternatively, is there any other solution to get surround sound to work without using passthrough? ie. through the normal audio options...

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - Ned Scott - 2013-08-28

(2013-08-28, 11:15)KILLERNADS Wrote: For me and many others its a major problem and should be given the highest priority for a fix!

Everyone demands that their particular interest/feature be the highest priority. That's not how it works.

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - oldpoem - 2013-08-28

(2013-08-28, 11:44)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2013-08-28, 11:15)KILLERNADS Wrote: For me and many others its a major problem and should be given the highest priority for a fix!

Everyone demands that their particular interest/feature be the highest priority. That's not how it works.

For example, I don't use OUYA with any reciever so for me that passthrough problem will be the lowest priority. Subtitles issue is different matter though...

Well i thought that the subtitle bug had been solved in latest release?

Atleast you are able to view a movie without any issues, isnt it fairly obvious that a bug which hinders the ability to watch a movie at all is treated as a high priority! I would have thought its common sense to prioritise it above other smaller bug fixes! Obviously with this bug we have no way of viewing a movie in surround sound which means the whole software is completly useless unless ofcourse like some people you can get the temp work around to work of taking out hdmi and plugging back in but even that solution does not work for all.

(2013-08-28, 11:44)Ned Scott Wrote:

Btw i wasnt demanding anything Smile it was more of a request to see if anyone is currently working on a fix for it and to know when it might be solved by Big Grin

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - oldpoem - 2013-08-28

(2013-08-28, 16:27)KILLERNADS Wrote: Well i thought that the subtitle bug had been solved in latest release?

Atleast you are able to view a movie without any issues, isnt it fairly obvious that a bug which hinders the ability to watch a movie at all is treated as a high priority! I would have thought its common sense to prioritise it above other smaller bug fixes! Obviously with this bug we have no way of viewing a movie in surround sound which means the whole software is completly useless unless ofcourse like some people you can get the temp work around to work of taking out hdmi and plugging back in but even that solution does not work for all.

There is another bug with subtitles unrelated to the fixed one, This one would crash XBMC everytime. Half of my subtitles ended up crash XBMC. So by your logic this probably get higher priority? At least you can watch movie if you let XBMC decoded audio, while my problem would crash XBMC when it reach first line of subtitles....

At least in nightly problematic subtitles just won't show up at all, but xbmc won't crash.

(2013-08-28, 20:10)oldpoem Wrote:
(2013-08-28, 16:27)KILLERNADS Wrote: Well i thought that the subtitle bug had been solved in latest release?

There is another bug with subtitles unrelated to the fixed one, This one would crash XBMC everytime. Half of my subtitles ended up crash XBMC. So by your logic this probably get higher priority? At least you can watch movie if you let XBMC decoded audio, while my problem would crash XBMC when it reach first line of subtitles....

At least in nightly problematic subtitles just won't show up at all, but xbmc won't crash.

Actually no it wouldnt be considered higher priority as you can watch a movie with subtitles turned off its not something that you desperately need, however audio is a must have and you cant really watch a movie without it Wink

You said i can let XBMC decode the audio for me? How is that? Can it output in 5.1 surround sound?