Kodi Community Forum
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=172394)

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20131122 - xbmcuser101 - 2013-12-18

Is there any way to use one of the scrapers from the adult adon zip?

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20131122 - DanCooper - 2013-12-18

(2013-12-18, 04:45)xbmcuser101 Wrote: Is there any way to use one of the scrapers from the adult adon zip?

Not yet. We have to rewrite the XML scraper to support XBMC scrapers.

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20131122 - Dekker500 - 2013-12-19

(2013-12-17, 21:08)fantasticn Wrote: Here is my Settings.xml-file:

http://pastebin.com/XD7xV1Tf

Just as a summary: My current problems are:
1. Renamer is not working (you said this will be fixed with the next release)
2. Saving changes of a movie brings up an error stating (German language) "Eine Fehler ist aufgetreten: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt". (Though changes are saved just fine)
3. I do not get any Log-file. Clicking on the pop-up error-message brings up an error-log, but it is stating nothing about the error itself.

For the 3rd issue, the commit is under review to fix the pop-up dialog not showing the actual errors... As a temporary workaround, you should be able to look in the /Log directory, and open up the appropriate error log (they are dated). If you use a text editor that does NOT lock the opened files (such as TextPad) then you can run Ember, and flip to the text editor when you are notified of an error.

Hopefully that will add more details so that problem 2 can be narrowed down.

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20131122 - fantasticn - 2013-12-19

Hi Dekker500,

thanks for your reply. Unfortantely there is just two files within the "Log"-folder: "language_help.log" and "language_strings.log". No other Files are created there.

DanCooper contacted me through PM and I provided him with my Settings.xml and AdvancedSettings.xml. He suggested to deactivate some of the art-files (folder.jpg etc.) and stick with the standard "Frodo"-setup. I will try this tonight. Not sure if this will fix it. More or less I am hoping for the next beta release - also because of the announced bugfix for the renaming function.

Brgds,

FantasticN

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20131122 - MovieJunky - 2013-12-21

I have a lot of issues with Ember Media Manager unfortunately. I love this program to death, that's why I'm still using it,
but there have been a couple issues.

-Auto Renaming after Scraping does not work anymore (even after re-enabling it)
-Falsly identified movies cannot be changed through "Change Movie" context menue. I have to delete all metadata files and delete the movie from the library and add it again, adding the imdb TT by hand into the nfo.
-Sometimes after doing a manual scrape (TMDB and IMDb both set up) the "Movie Details" page will not come up. I have to auto scrape and then it will work
-Some red flag errors that disappear to quickly for me to read them

Another question or perhaps a feature request. WOuld it be possible to automatically monitor a certain folder and scrape all incoming movies there automatically,
afterwards move them to a different location? I have Ember, CP, SB and SabNZBd and XBMC set up, but I am not certain what guarantees the best workflow.

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20131122 - Dekker500 - 2013-12-21

(2013-12-21, 00:34)MovieJunky Wrote: -Auto Renaming after Scraping does not work anymore (even after re-enabling it)
Renaming is being worked on by Dan himself, and should be in the next alpha/beta. Auto Scraping in the current public beta is a bit broken... I think the current GitHub version is a bit better, but still beta. I'm personally working on improving the code-quality, so that the features we currently have work as advertised. But there is still a ways to go. These two features will definitely be in though!

Quote:-Falsly identified movies cannot be changed through "Change Movie" context menue. I have to delete all metadata files and delete the movie from the library and add it again, adding the imdb TT by hand into the nfo.
Interesting. I've not seen that one before. Perhaps post your advanced settings file to paste bin, along with a snapshot of the windows explorer view of a troublesome folder, and I'll see if we can re-create the problem.

Quote:-Sometimes after doing a manual scrape (TMDB and IMDb both set up) the "Movie Details" page will not come up. I have to auto scrape and then it will work
Actually that is a big that I tracked down, but the solution is a bit of a tradeoff. Dan is looking into my suggested fix, but it will need more work before being released. The issue is actually with the images...

Quote:-Some red flag errors that disappear to quickly for me to read them
The timings could be adjusted some, but you can review the log messages in the logs subdirectory.

Quote:Another question or perhaps a feature request. WOuld it be possible to automatically monitor a certain folder and scrape all incoming movies there automatically,
afterwards move them to a different location? I have Ember, CP, SB and SabNZBd and XBMC set up, but I am not certain what guarantees the best workflow.
Actually, I like that idea! If you navigate to http://bugs.Embermediamanager.org and enter that as a feature request, the system will notify you when it gets assigned.

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20131122 - Cocotus - 2013-12-21

Quote:
Quote:Another question or perhaps a feature request. WOuld it be possible to automatically monitor a certain folder and scrape all incoming movies there automatically,
Actually, I like that idea! If you navigate to http://bugs.Embermediamanager.org and enter that as a feature request, the system will notify you when it gets assigned.
this one was already requested and is already listed:
http://bugs.embermediamanager.org/thebuggenie/embermediamanager/issues/43

Will work on some points as I have some time now in christmas holiday!

@Dekker
Since I added a new method in Stringutil class I noticed that you took a look in nearly every function there and added documentation - looks really nice and organized now, nice work Smile

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20131122 - Dekker500 - 2013-12-21

(2013-12-21, 15:05)Cocotus Wrote: @Dekker
Since I added a new method in Stringutil class I noticed that you took a look in nearly every function there and added documentation - looks really nice and organized now, nice work Smile

Thanks for noticing! Actually, it's not just that class, I've added code documentation to just about every class in emberapi. I was having trouble contributing since I could not follow the code.

Unlike you, I can't code over the holidays :-( I'm out of commission until next year.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I am using EmberMM-Deploy_20131014 and this is the advanced settings XML.
http://pastebin.com/hXhwwG8X

All of my sources are SMB network shares from my other computer, maybe that is causing some of the issues, as I have none of the movies on my own laptop.

I updated to the most recent Beta version and most of my bugs have disappeared, so good news!! I haven't encountered a bug at all actually,
so all the better. Have a great weekend :-)

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20131122 - MovieJunky - 2013-12-22

I want to run Ember through the command line to automate my scraping.
I use -newauto -all -nowindow

but it still brings XBMC back to the desktop. I thought -nowindow would prevent that from happening. Any ideas? Maybe I'm just too drunk.

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20131122 - NeonPT - 2013-12-23

Hey is the renamer working already?

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20131122 - fantasticn - 2013-12-24

(2013-12-23, 23:25)NeonPT Wrote: Hey is the renamer working already?

They said that they already solved the problem. Renamer is supposed to be working again with the next beta release which they keep holding back for some reason.

Btw: I came across another problem:
After scraping of some movies I kept getting the error that the XML-file could not be created. When I looked into the movie-folder I could see that there is no "title.nfo" but only a "title.info". When I opened that file with the editor I could see that the included information suddenly stopped at the audio codec section. I tried to activate and deactivate "<movies>.nfo" as well as "<movie.nfo> (Stacks)" in the experts section, but it did not change a thing. Finally I found that I had to manually rename the "Metadata"-section of the respective movie and change the language of the audio-stream from "Deutsch" (which somehow was automatically generated from the movie file) to "German". Afterwards I was able to save the infos and the respectine nfo-file was created just fine. I had to repeat those steps for every movie that showed me the "cannot create XML-File"-error after scraping and I had to change the language from "Deutsch" to "German" for all of them to solve the issue. So there seems to be a problem with creating the nfo-File when the audio-stream has a name not listed in the language-listing.

Brgds,

FantasticN

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20131122 - Cocotus - 2013-12-24

(2013-12-24, 12:55)fantasticn Wrote:
(2013-12-23, 23:25)NeonPT Wrote: Hey is the renamer working already?

They said that they already solved the problem. Renamer is supposed to be working again with the next beta release which they keep holding back for some reason.

Btw: I came across another problem:
After scraping of some movies I kept getting the error that the XML-file could not be created. When I looked into the movie-folder I could see that there is no "title.nfo" but only a "title.info". When I opened that file with the editor I could see that the included information suddenly stopped at the audio codec section. I tried to activate and deactivate "<movies>.nfo" as well as "<movie.nfo> (Stacks)" in the experts section, but it did not change a thing. Finally I found that I had to manually rename the "Metadata"-section of the respective movie and change the language of the audio-stream from "Deutsch" (which somehow was automatically generated from the movie file) to "German". Afterwards I was able to save the infos and the respectine nfo-file was created just fine. I had to repeat those steps for every movie that showed me the "cannot create XML-File"-error after scraping and I had to change the language from "Deutsch" to "German" for all of them to solve the issue. So there seems to be a problem with creating the nfo-File when the audio-stream has a name not listed in the language-listing.

Brgds,

FantasticN
I will look into this, thanks for reporting!

Just to give a small teaser whats coming in next version, I just commited following on Github:

- SetManager
Artwork support: for now only single artwork folder is supported. Ember will use TMDB Scraper to search for movie collection images and will save fanart as "setname-fanart.jpg" and poster as "setname-folder.jpg" in configurable artworkfolder. Later you can use the Automator Plugin in XBMC to scan this folder. Some Screenies

- Added: World-Wide title fallback option in Scraper Data settings. If forced language for title on IMDB search returns nothing than use worldwide/english title instead of originaltitle. (useful for asian movies if you don't want to scrape the japanese/korean original title)
- Added: Moviepilot data scraper for german users, for better german certification (FSK) scraping
- Added: new setting for scraper to get rid of brackets and unwanted whitespaces of plot/outline
- Added: UpdateNotifcation in Ember

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20131122 - T-bird_se - 2013-12-25

Excellent news Cocotus

Just one request, I want all movies already in any set filtered out of the movie list, not just the selected one
Now it's possible to include in more than one set and that is not handled by XBMC