Kodi Community Forum
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=172394)

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - carrrr - 2015-04-17

(2015-04-16, 21:22)DanCooper Wrote:
(2015-04-16, 21:19)carrrr Wrote: Hello, im trying version 1.4.4.0, had version 1.3 before, everything is working good, but when im trying to add some trailers manually , clicking scrape trailers or youtube search button, i get a list of trailers so far so good, but when i click on a trailer, the download button (in grey) transfrom in "Set To Nfo" , so i cant download localy no matter what, also tried "Manual Trailer Entry" and also the "Set To Nfo" button appear.
I search about this but cant find anything, maybe is a bad setting in Movies -> Scrapers - Trailers i dont know.
Anyone can help me about this?

Thanks in advance
Car

PS:Sorry for my english, still learning Smile
Use the Trailer Tab to download trailers. The button on Details tab is only die NFO content.

That will do, thanks one more time Dan for your great program

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - kees667 - 2015-04-17

(2015-04-17, 13:08)DanCooper Wrote:
(2015-04-17, 12:16)kees667 Wrote:
(2015-04-17, 11:47)DanCooper Wrote: Can't see any error in log file (except "Clear Cache", but this has nothing to do with your issue).
Please post the settings you have in Settings -> Movies -> Files and Sources -> Miscellaneous.
Also check if you have loaded any file ext in Settings -> Options -> File System -> Valid *** Extensions.

Thanks that was fast! here two screenshots to get all details in:
Looks good.
Do you have tried Tools -> Clean Database?

Thanks. Deleted log, cleaned, rebooted. Ember is now empty and update does nothing.
http://pastebin.com/qYxbGgBa

Think i'll completely reinustall. Any stuff in registry or other places to delete after uninstalling?
Also noticed the disclaimer about not installing in program files, does that still apply?

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - DanCooper - 2015-04-17

(2015-04-17, 16:44)kees667 Wrote:
(2015-04-17, 13:08)DanCooper Wrote:
(2015-04-17, 12:16)kees667 Wrote: Thanks that was fast! here two screenshots to get all details in:
Looks good.
Do you have tried Tools -> Clean Database?

Thanks. Deleted log, cleaned, rebooted. Ember is now empty and update does nothing.
http://pastebin.com/qYxbGgBa

Think i'll completely reinustall. Any stuff in registry or other places to delete after uninstalling?
Also noticed the disclaimer about not installing in program files, does that still apply?

No, Ember saves only the installation path and start menu shortcuts to Registry.
I think it's a problem with mapped network devices.
Please add a local source with a test movie and run an update.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - shaktoo - 2015-04-17

(2015-04-16, 17:07)DanCooper Wrote:
(2015-04-16, 16:34)shaktoo Wrote: Dan new update working well but the issue of multiple studios scraped persists Sad

Hmmm, if I set the Studio Limit to one it scrapes only one studio.

1 is what is required for kodi at least . If there are more then 1 studios scraped then kodi dosent show studio flag .
could there be an option added to scrape but set only 1 main / major studio for the nfo?

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - DanCooper - 2015-04-17

(2015-04-17, 18:13)shaktoo Wrote:
(2015-04-16, 16:34)shaktoo Wrote: Dan new update working well but the issue of multiple studios scraped persists Sad

1 is what is required for kodi at least . If there are more then 1 studios scraped then kodi dosent show studio flag .
could there be an option added to scrape but set only 1 main / major studio for the nfo?
You can already set a limit of 1 in global scraper settings.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Thales - 2015-04-18

First, thanks to Dan, Cocotus, and m.savazzi for all the work on the recent updates. Can't remember now the last time Ember has crashed or froze. Trailer downloading was always hit or miss for me in the past, but it is working great now. Really nice being able to manually search YouTube for trailers and download them straight from Ember.

Got a question about nfo files. I've been trying to find a way to automatically create bare bones nfo files for a folder full of videos using file name as source of information.

Just like this program, but for non-music videos.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=103954

He has stopped working on it and has released the source code.

So, just wondering if it might be doable to take the code, tweak it for general videos, and turn it into a module for Ember. Looks like it uses .NET and I was hoping that might make it pretty compatible with Ember.

Here is an example of what I'm talking about.

Take the file name "s01e05 Jets vs. Stars 2-13-15.mkv" automatically create the nfo file and fill it out like:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<episodedetails>
<title>Jets vs. Stars 2-13-15</title>
<season>1</season>
<episode>5</episode>
</episodedetails>

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - m.savazzi - 2015-04-18

(2015-04-18, 02:28)Thales Wrote: First, thanks to Dan, Cocotus, and m.savazzi for all the work on the recent updates. Can't remember now the last time Ember has crashed or froze. Trailer downloading was always hit or miss for me in the past, but it is working great now. Really nice being able to manually search YouTube for trailers and download them straight from Ember.

Got a question about nfo files. I've been trying to find a way to automatically create bare bones nfo files for a folder full of videos using file name as source of information.

So, just wondering if it might be doable to take the code, tweak it for general videos, and turn it into a module for Ember. Looks like it uses .NET and I was hoping that might make it pretty compatible with Ember.

Here is an example of what I'm talking about.

Take the file name "s01e05 Jets vs. Stars 2-13-15.mkv" automatically create the nfo file and fill it out like:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<episodedetails>
<title>Jets vs. Stars 2-13-15</title>
<season>1</season>
<episode>5</episode>
</episodedetails>

Does not look that difficult. Only I do not understand why you need it Smile

the naming you're using is not Kodi standard and would led in any case to some confusion and mess.
I've been using for long Advanced Renamer (is free) and is absolutely great.

You would be able to rename the movies and series with the correct folder structure AND file name with just one click and at that point Ember will create NFO not only with the few info you wrote but with all of them.

(2015-04-17, 18:13)shaktoo Wrote:

I did the same and had to put 1.

If by chance you forgot for some time that an now your NFO are screwed up (as mine) I can suggest you to use Notepad++ and do a "search in files" for this reg exe
Code:
<\/studio>\n*\r*\s*\t*<studio>
obviously filtering for *.NFO

Once you have the whole list I have edited them one by one Smile

M

Small bug:
on Renamer module the TV Show folder is {$Z} but on the list on the right there is no $Z

Smile we have to add a scroll bar.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Thales - 2015-04-19

(2015-04-18, 23:27)m.savazzi Wrote:
(2015-04-18, 02:28)Thales Wrote: Got a question about nfo files. I've been trying to find a way to automatically create bare bones nfo files for a folder full of videos using file name as source of information.

Does not look that difficult. Only I do not understand why you need it Smile

the naming you're using is not Kodi standard and would led in any case to some confusion and mess.
I've been using for long Advanced Renamer (is free) and is absolutely great.

You would be able to rename the movies and series with the correct folder structure AND file name with just one click and at that point Ember will create NFO not only with the few info you wrote but with all of them.

Thanks m.savazzi, but I don't think I explained the set up very well. I've got a folder of random video files from a variety of different sources. These video files are not part of a series and are not on TVdb. Think of it as a folder full of home movies or maybe hundreds of random DVD extras all in a folder . I would like add them to Kodi in Library view in order to have it keep track of watched status.

I know to do that it has to be in the show/episode format. So I created a "show" folder and then added the "s01exx" to the beginning of each video. Ember of course recognized it just fine. But Ember just filled in each episode with the generic title of "show s01exx". (Or something like that. I dont' have it in front of me.) There are just too many videos for me to open up each episode and type in the name of the file. Plus, I couldn't figure out how to tell Ember to actually make all those nfo files since the show was never successfully scraped.

So, I was looking for a way to grab the file name of the video and automatically create a very simple nfo file with it.. In other words, scrape the video file names for title and episode information instead of an online scraper.

Hope that makes more sense. I can show some screenshots to really explain it if there is any interest. I've seen a few threads where people were trying to do the same with random video files, but there doesn't seem to be a good way to do it. Just wanted to mention the source code was available in case there was enough interest of others looking to do the same thing.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - DanCooper - 2015-04-19

(2015-04-18, 23:51)m.savazzi Wrote: Small bug:
on Renamer module the TV Show folder is {$Z} but on the list on the right there is no $Z

Smile we have to add a scroll bar.
We don't need a scrollbar, the field is autosized. But maybe I've forged to add it to the language file.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - richarddscott76 - 2015-04-19

I am having a bit of a problem with YAMJ Compatible Sets. I rely heavily on these as I have many box-sets and without being able to group them together my menu page becomes huge very rapidly especially when you consider James Bond with 20+ titles I used to use YANFOE to create sets with but lately that has become more hassle than it is worth and was hoping to use ember but despite having my NFO files in what I believe to be the right state EMM is not finding any of my sets. Below is the format of one of my NFO files please let me know if I am doing something wrong.

Thanks
Richard.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<movie>
<id>tt0088763</id>
<title>Back to the Future</title>
<year>1985</year>
<top250>72</top250>
<releasedate>04/12/1985</releasedate>
<rating>8.4</rating>
<votes>218619</votes>
<plot>Marty McFly, a typical American teenager of the Eighties, is accidentally sent back to 1955 in a plutonium-powered DeLorean "time machine" invented by slightly mad scientist. During his often hysterical, always amazing trip back in time, Marty must make certain his teenage parents-to-be meet and fall in love - so he can get back to the future.</plot>
<tagline>He's the only kid ever to get into trouble before he was born. [UK]</tagline>
<runtime>116</runtime>
<mpaa>Rated PG</mpaa>
<certification>IrelandTongueG</certification>
<country>USA</country>
<genre>Adventure</genre>
<credits>
<writer>Robert ZemeckisBob Gale</writer>
</credits>
<sets>
<set order="1">Back to the future</set>
</sets>
<videosource>dvd</videosource>
<videooutput>PAL 25</videooutput>
<fileinfo>
<streamdetails>
<video>
<aspect>16:9</aspect>
<width>720</width>
<height>576</height>
</video>
<audio>
<codec>dca</codec>
<channels>6</channels>
</audio>
</streamdetails>
</fileinfo>
</movie>

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - ReXX - 2015-04-19

I just updated to v1.4.4.0 from 1.4.2.0

Ember used to prompt for poster and fanart when I did "Change movie" and choose the correct movie.
Now it goes directly to "Edit movie information", and I have to go to Poster tab and press "Change poster (scrape)" the same with fanart.

Is one of my settings incorrect ?

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - T-bird_se - 2015-04-19

(2015-04-19, 14:45)ReXX Wrote: I just updated to v1.4.4.0 from 1.4.2.0

Ember used to prompt for poster and fanart when I did "Change movie" and choose the correct movie.
Now it goes directly to "Edit movie information", and I have to go to Poster tab and press "Change poster (scrape)" the same with fanart.

Is one of my settings incorrect ?

First hint on download tread

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Cocotus - 2015-04-19

(2015-04-19, 06:15)Thales Wrote: ...
Thanks m.savazzi, but I don't think I explained the set up very well. I've got a folder of random video files from a variety of different sources. These video files are not part of a series and are not on TVdb. Think of it as a folder full of home movies or maybe hundreds of random DVD extras all in a folder . I would like add them to Kodi in Library view in order to have it keep track of watched status.

I know to do that it has to be in the show/episode format. So I created a "show" folder and then added the "s01exx" to the beginning of each video. Ember of course recognized it just fine. But Ember just filled in each episode with the generic title of "show s01exx". (Or something like that. I dont' have it in front of me.) There are just too many videos for me to open up each episode and type in the name of the file. Plus, I couldn't figure out how to tell Ember to actually make all those nfo files since the show was never successfully scraped.

So, I was looking for a way to grab the file name of the video and automatically create a very simple nfo file with it.. In other words, scrape the video file names for title and episode information instead of an online scraper.

Hope that makes more sense. I can show some screenshots to really explain it if there is any interest. I've seen a few threads where people were trying to do the same with random video files, but there doesn't seem to be a good way to do it. Just wanted to mention the source code was available in case there was enough interest of others looking to do the same thing.

Hmm I have this problem too, with some of my movies that don't have an IMDBID (homemade/holiday movies). In the past I had to filter those movies/exclude them before running an Scrape/Refresh all on my library because Ember tried to look for an IMDB entry which doesn't exist. I thought of adding an option/checkbox like "Homemade/Custom/NoScrape" when adding a movie/show source to Ember so Ember won't care about scraping that shows. Then a rule for creating default/empty nfo template for movies/episodes like you specified could be done for those sources instead. But maybe Dan can think of another way to handle those special cases Smile