Kodi Community Forum
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=172394)

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - P_Jamula - 2015-07-28

(2015-07-28, 11:07)P_Jamula Wrote:
(2015-07-28, 10:37)DanCooper Wrote:
(2015-07-28, 10:29)P_Jamula Wrote: I would think that when the actor images would be downloaded the NFO would point to the local downloaded images and not a URL. this would definitely save time and bandwidth when Kodi is adding the contents to it's library.

No, this do not save time when Kodi is adding the movies to library. Kodi use the local donwloaded actor thumbs, even there is an URL in NFO.
Link to local artwork in NFO make only sense if you want to use a common actor thumbs folder for ALL movies. But this is a pending idea/feature request and not actually implemented in Ember.

Thanks for the prompt reply.
maybe Milhouse can tell us if Kodi takes in the Thumbs from the .actors sub floder even though the NFO has URL for the image.
I am not familiar with Kodi's inner workings.

have you any idea when we might see a "common" folder for all Movie and TV actors implemented??
Mediacenter master has implemented this and it works very well.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - DanCooper - 2015-07-28

(2015-07-28, 11:11)P_Jamula Wrote:
(2015-07-28, 11:07)P_Jamula Wrote:
(2015-07-28, 10:37)DanCooper Wrote: No, this do not save time when Kodi is adding the movies to library. Kodi use the local donwloaded actor thumbs, even there is an URL in NFO.
Link to local artwork in NFO make only sense if you want to use a common actor thumbs folder for ALL movies. But this is a pending idea/feature request and not actually implemented in Ember.

Thanks for the prompt reply.
maybe Milhouse can tell us if Kodi takes in the Thumbs from the .actors sub floder even though the NFO has URL for the image.

have you any idea when we might see a "common" folder for all Movie and TV actors implemented??

No, i can't say a date. We have so many other importent things to fix and improve before.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Milhouse - 2015-07-28

(2015-07-28, 11:07)P_Jamula Wrote: maybe Milhouse can tell us if Kodi takes in the Thumbs from the .actors sub floder even though the NFO has URL for the image.

I don't actually use local .actor directories myself as I hate the idea of repeating actor artwork in every movie folder, so I can't say for sure but it's entirely plausible that DanCopper is correct and Kodi does check for local .actor artwork even if a remote URL is available.

It would be fairly easy to determine this yourself - overwrite the image of an actor with the image of a different actor in your local .actor folder, scrape the movie, then see which image appears in the GUI - it should be the modified local image, or the remote image.

Alternatively, and this is even easier, just look at the library metadata - the local .actor artwork url should be stored in the media library, not the remote url from the nfo. You can use the script in my sig to view metadata:
Code:
texturecache.py Jd movies avatar @extrajson.movies=cast
would dump the cast artwork details for the movie "Avatar".

(2015-07-28, 11:13)DanCooper Wrote:
(2015-07-28, 11:11)P_Jamula Wrote:
(2015-07-28, 11:07)P_Jamula Wrote: Thanks for the prompt reply.

No, i can't say a date. We have so many other importent things to fix and improve before.

OK Thanks

(2015-07-28, 11:21)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-07-28, 11:07)P_Jamula Wrote: maybe Milhouse can tell us if Kodi takes in the Thumbs from the .actors sub floder even though the NFO has URL for the image.

I don't actually use local .actor directories myself as I hate the idea of repeating actor artwork in every movie folder, so I can't say for sure but it's entirely plausible that DanCopper is correct and Kodi does check for local .actor artwork even if a remote URL is available.

It would be fairly easy to determine this yourself - overwrite the image of an actor with the image of a different actor in your local .actor folder, scrape the movie, then see which image appears in the GUI - it should be the modified local image, or the remote image.

Alternatively, and this is even easier, just look at the library metadata - the local .actor artwork url should be stored in the media library, not the remote url from the nfo. You can use the script in my sig to view metadata:
Code:
texturecache.py Jd movies avatar @extrajson.movies=cast
would dump the cast artwork details for the movie "Avatar".
Great idea... Thanks a lot

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Milhouse - 2015-07-28

Let us know what you find out. Smile

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - T-bird_se - 2015-07-28

I run 2 different installations of Ember
Main installation with all of my media
Second is for bug and function testing against a small test library

In main I never get any .actors folders
In second I get .actors in every season folder for shows
I have looked for a setting where this is handled but can't find it, so I did a file compare of settings.xml and found this line
Code:
<TVEpisodeActorThumbsFrodo>true</TVEpisodeActorThumbsFrodo>

Changing it to false and no more .actors folders is created (and that's how I want it)
Does this setting still exist in Ember GUI, if so where is it?

And for the need of .actors images or not, I have never had it and never seen a problem in KODI, same images is seen so I guess it's from the urls in nfo as I scrape with "Local information only" in KODI

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Cy4n1d3 - 2015-07-28

(2015-07-28, 11:28)Milhouse Wrote: Let us know what you find out. Smile
As I've been interested in this I've tried it myself and found the following:
Code:
"cast": [
      {
        "name": "Jason Statham",
        "order": 0,
        "role": "Jasper",
        "thumbnail": "image:///var/media/Filme/Chaos.2006/.actors/Jason_Statham.jpg/"
      },
So it seems like the local .actors folder is indeed used as source for the actor images Smile

Great little tool collection you've got there!

(2015-07-28, 16:41)T-bird_se Wrote: I run 2 different installations of Ember
Main installation with all of my media
Second is for bug and function testing against a small test library

In main I never get any .actors folders
In second I get .actors in every season folder for shows
I have looked for a setting where this is handled but can't find it, so I did a file compare of settings.xml and found this line
Code:
<TVEpisodeActorThumbsFrodo>true</TVEpisodeActorThumbsFrodo>

Changing it to false and no more .actors folders is created (and that's how I want it)
Does this setting still exist in Ember GUI, if so where is it?

And for the need of .actors images or not, I have never had it and never seen a problem in KODI, same images is seen so I guess it's from the urls in nfo as I scrape with "Local information only" in KODI

Try this Nod

I've never tested what the "Local information only" do scrape if no local image is available.
But... if you don't want local actor thumbs... disable it and let Kodi download the images with the URLs in NFO. It thakes a little bit longer while importing, but it's not a problem.

The only thing i've tested: Kodi cache the local images even if there is an URL in NFO.

Thanks Dan I have missed that one Tongue
Checking my main installation and there is TV Show checked and no episode, and no actors is saved is that a bug?

Actor thumbs for tv shows are very buggy and Ember downloads the same images for every single episode. But it should be fixed in next release.

Now then we talk about actors, is there a better source than TVDB out there?

I'm following "True Detective" and that show doesn't follow the normal rules
The second season that runs now have a completely different plot and actors from first season and TVDB doesn't handle it well

(2015-07-28, 16:54)DanCooper Wrote: It thakes a little bit longer while importing, but it's not a problem.

The only thing i've tested: Kodi cache the local images even if there is an URL in NFO.
Don't think it take longer time, KODI fetch and cache the actors when you browse them for the first time, same as every other artwork

(2015-07-28, 17:42)T-bird_se Wrote:
(2015-07-28, 16:54)DanCooper Wrote: It thakes a little bit longer while importing, but it's not a problem.

Don't think it take longer time, KODI fetch and cache the actors when you browse them for the first time, same as every other artwork
That sounds correct.

(2015-07-28, 17:30)T-bird_se Wrote: Now then we talk about actors, is there a better source than TVDB out there?

I'm following "True Detective" and that show doesn't follow the normal rules
The second season that runs now have a completely different plot and actors from first season and TVDB doesn't handle it well
TMDB will be available in next release.
But TMDB has a horrible API for episodes atm. Maybe i disable the possibility to scrape episodes and enable only tv show informations.