Kodi Community Forum
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=172394)

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140213 - m.savazzi - 2014-02-15

(2014-02-12, 19:35)Shryukt Wrote:
(2014-02-12, 00:30)DanCooper Wrote:
(2014-02-11, 20:22)Shryukt Wrote: I tried to use the last beta but I can't scrap anything.

Do you have activate any scraper in settings?

I wait for the next beta release, but in this one :
I don't have any scrapper to activate in setting.

can you please post the full directory listings of your ember folder?
can you create a new ember folder and start from scratch?

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140213 - Shryukt - 2014-02-15

I already did that a lot of time.
I started from scratch each time.

I post the full directory tomorrow.

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140213 - DanCooper - 2014-02-15

I think it's another problem.
An user in german forum XBMCNerds have the same problem on Windows Server 2008 R2 (SP1 ?) with .NET 4.5.1 installed:
- no scrapers
- no modules
- no dll's loaded (but all existing in modules folder)

Atm i don't know what that might be...

Yep exactely the same problem and also .Net 4.5.1 for me

Maybe it's the ".1" on the "4.5.1" ^_^

This is very weird. Can you provide us the log and more info?
the directory listings etc...

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140213 - T-bird_se - 2014-02-15

The latest beta works so well for my use case so I decided to use it as my main version instead of r18, and of course found a small issue

I didn't remove the sources just changed the location and that resulted in duplicated entrys for those items that exist both in my main and test location
Update, reload or clean doesn't help, only remove and reapply the sources fix it

(2014-02-15, 15:33)m.savazzi Wrote: This is very weird. Can you provide us the log and more info?
The log is just on the page before
My directory listings is :
Just Unzip
and after the first launch

Anymay I just unzip the file and start the .exe nothing more nothing less.
All the files in the .zip are in the folder "EmberMM-Deploy"

(2014-02-15, 17:01)T-bird_se Wrote: The latest beta works so well for my use case so I decided to use it as my main version instead of r18, and of course found a small issue

I didn't remove the sources just changed the location and that resulted in duplicated entrys for those items that exist both in my main and test location
Update, reload or clean doesn't help, only remove and reapply the sources fix it

If it please does not make too many circumstances add this to the bug tracker.

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140213 - Cocotus - 2014-02-15

(2014-02-15, 07:31)Shryukt Wrote: Yep exactely the same problem and also .Net 4.5.1 for me

Maybe it's the ".1" on the "4.5.1" ^_^

Maybe try do install NET4.5? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653

I can't install NET4.5.

The program say "you already have the latest version"
And impossible to uninstall on windows 8

The weird thing is : I am almost the only one in this case.
I tried to launch ember on 3 different PC (all with Windows 8.1) and same bug in each case.

So this is'nt my PC, it's come from a change in the last beta. But I don't know which.
Maybe the transition to the new .NET4.5 version, maybe something else....

I know.... I'm not a big help, especially with my english ^_^

(2014-02-15, 21:37)Shryukt Wrote: I can't install NET4.5.

The program say "you already have the latest version"
And impossible to uninstall on windows 8

The weird thing is : I am almost the only one in this case.
I tried to launch ember on 3 different PC (all with Windows 8.1) and same bug in each case.

So this is'nt my PC, it's come from a change in the last beta. But I don't know which.
Maybe the transition to the new .NET4.5 version, maybe something else....

I know.... I'm not a big help, especially with my english ^_^

Can you check any other .Net 4.5 app? do they work?

You can check in Control Panel / Uninstall and try to restore 4.5

Are you on Win 8 or Win 8.1? If the later you should be on 4.5.1

M

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140213 - ValenKorde - 2014-02-15

I signed up just to post what I've found. I was having the exact same issue with the newest Ember 1.4 Beta. I primarily use a VM of Server 2008 R2 and it was giving the same blank scraper screen list. I copied the extracted folder to a couple Windows 7 VMs (32/64) and a Win XP VM and I got the same issue. I then decided to download and extract on each VM direct from the source and I had the same issue. I then switched extraction from WinRAR to 7zip. When doing the extraction through 7zip, Ember would have the correct settings showing for scrapers. I copied the one working folder to each VM and it worked from each. I then extracted on each using 7zip and they continued to work. Each time I would do a different folder name for testing so it's not that I was overwriting anything. WinRAR would never show any error messages so I don't know if there were files in there tagged as hidden that it skipped or didn't see but that's what I've found. WinRAR version on each VM was 5.01, 32-bit and 64 bit, depending upon what the OS was running.

After further testing, I had 7zip and WinRAR extract to different locations. Before launching either setup extracted the number of files and folders were the exact same. After launch of each the overall folder size and file number stays the same, but the folder extracted from 7zip and launched has 3 more folders than the WinRAR extracted folder after launch and closure. They are located under Modules, the first being generic.Compatibility.NMT and under that folder are two folders Temp and Templates. I tried just dumping those folders over thinking there was a path issue but that doesn't appear to be the case as the WinRAR extracted item still failed. I did another WinRAR extracted test, and before I launch the software I made sure that "Everyone" had full rights on the folder and all subfolders. Same issue again.

If I copy over the contents from a 7zip extraction over a WinRAR extracted set, everything shows up correctly. I'm going to do a file by file copy over to see if I can see a difference in file sizes. Kind of at a loss though. Alright, after going through file by file, the issue appears to be with the scraper. .dll files. If I copy over the broken install scraper dll files one by one into the Modules folder with a working install, and launch after each copy you can see the scrapers one by one activate in the menu options. It goes in reverse if you copy over the scraper .dlls from a broken install to a working one, launch after each single file copy and the scrapers one by one disappear. From my limited checking the file sizes look the same but looks like something is breaking them during the extraction using WinRAR.

Sorry for all the edits and words, just trying to test everything I can think of.

DanCooper,
did you user 7zip to package it?

I use windows to create the ZIPs so they should always work

Nope, i used always winrar.

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140213 - m.savazzi - 2014-02-16

Super weird. I tried to un-rar it and it worked.

Very weird

(2014-02-15, 17:43)Shryukt Wrote:
(2014-02-15, 15:33)m.savazzi Wrote: This is very weird. Can you provide us the log and more info?
The log is just on the page before
My directory listings is :
Just Unzip
and after the first launch

Anymay I just unzip the file and start the .exe nothing more nothing less.
All the files in the .zip are in the folder "EmberMM-Deploy"

In the Modules folder full or empty?

M