Kodi Community Forum
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=172394)

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140213 - Monk - 2014-02-18

(2014-02-17, 22:37)DanCooper Wrote: First, please try to rescrape metadata of all movies (only metadata!). You have movies with aspect ration 16:9 and 2.35:1 in NFO. This is no longer allowed. New value is 1.778 (16 divided by 9) or 2.35.

This one I already noted and corrected. Strange thing about it was that you explicitly have to re-scrape Metadata. Re-Scraping "All" would not fix it. I found this to be a bit inconsistent.

Many thanks for the additional pointers.

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140213 - T-bird_se - 2014-02-18

(2014-02-17, 22:28)m.savazzi Wrote: Wow there are a lot of messages Cannot Run Module
with generic and Notification modules

Don't we all get them?
I do for sure, on Saturday I added 10-15 movies and the log file was almost 5MB in size Tongue

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140213 - jeinnor - 2014-02-19

Hi,

I saw once that someone recommended a program to get the MPAA Description until you guys put it in as a feature, could someone please tell me what that program was?

Thanks, Love your program though, its AWESOME!

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140213 - PhAzE - 2014-02-20

I noticed entries for frodo artwork like landscape and discart... Any idea if/when this feature is expected to be implemented? I'm actually really excited to be able to use ember to get those artwork files instead of some other apps I had been using before.

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140213 - m.savazzi - 2014-02-20

We need a little time to upgrade the DB.
As far as I know the plan is to make a 1.4 version stable enough to be released and THEN work to change the DB and add the other media types.

As changing the DB is quite an impactfull change to do it before we lock down a 1.4 risk to delay a lot it's release...

M

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140213 - Esky - 2014-02-21

Hi, and firstly thanks for your continued work in making Ember such a great program. I have just downloaded the latest version and have noticed a couple of issues, and also have a feature request.

As a YAMJ user I have been using Ember 1.3 successfully with the YAMJ compatability module, but have noticed the following issues in 1.4:

1) In the TV shows section the posters and fanart for the show section, and posters for the episode section are not being displayed. The season section displays poster and fanart correctly. The images are getting scraped, just not being displayed.

2) When scraping TV shows, the "show banner" and "all-season's poster" are missing for the image selection options. (I'm quite sure I've set all new 1.4 options exactly same as exisiting 1.3 ones).

3) In the Sets manager - images are currently being saved to the C:\ drive as <set name>-poster.jgp and <set name>-fanart.jpg - When YAMJ compatible sets option is ticked then these images should be saved in the first movie folder of the set as Set_<set name>_1.jpg and Set_<set name>_1.fanart.jpg

4) In the YAMJ compatability module, the option "Show Poster as Set_<Show>_1.fanart.jpg" should read "Show Fanart as Set_<Show>_1.fanart.jpg"

And finally a feature request to make the Ember/YAMJ option complete (in my view):

In TV shows / Files & Sources - would it be possible to add a "Season Banner" section with option of "<season>.banner.jpg" - this would be to enable scraping of the Season Wide Banners in TheTVDB. A corresponding option in the YAMJ Module of "Season Banner as <Episode>SxxE01.banner.jpg" would also need adding.

Thanks again and keep up the good work!

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140213 - DanCooper - 2014-02-21

(2014-02-21, 01:09)Esky Wrote: Hi, and firstly thanks for your continued work in making Ember such a great program. I have just downloaded the latest version and have noticed a couple of issues, and also have a feature request.

As a YAMJ user I have been using Ember 1.3 successfully with the YAMJ compatability module, but have noticed the following issues in 1.4:

1) In the TV shows section the posters and fanart for the show section, and posters for the episode section are not being displayed. The season section displays poster and fanart correctly. The images are getting scraped, just not being displayed.

2) When scraping TV shows, the "show banner" and "all-season's poster" are missing for the image selection options. (I'm quite sure I've set all new 1.4 options exactly same as exisiting 1.3 ones).

3) In the Sets manager - images are currently being saved to the C:\ drive as <set name>-poster.jgp and <set name>-fanart.jpg - When YAMJ compatible sets option is ticked then these images should be saved in the first movie folder of the set as Set_<set name>_1.jpg and Set_<set name>_1.fanart.jpg

4) In the YAMJ compatability module, the option "Show Poster as Set_<Show>_1.fanart.jpg" should read "Show Fanart as Set_<Show>_1.fanart.jpg"

And finally a feature request to make the Ember/YAMJ option complete (in my view):

In TV shows / Files & Sources - would it be possible to add a "Season Banner" section with option of "<season>.banner.jpg" - this would be to enable scraping of the Season Wide Banners in TheTVDB. A corresponding option in the YAMJ Module of "Season Banner as <Episode>SxxE01.banner.jpg" would also need adding.

1) 2) 4) I'm working on new tv show filename settings, also for YAMJ, NMJ and expert settings (same structure like for movies in new beta). This including also season banners.
3) Do you can give me informations about movie sets filenames for YAMJ and/or NMJ?

I also forgot to add the option "YAMJ compatible Set's" for NFO's. I'll also fixed.

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140213 - user321 - 2014-02-21

Hi,

According to http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Thumbnails#Video_Thumbnails, XBMC should look for the following inside video folders:
<filename>-poster.(jpg/png)
poster.(jpg/png)
folder.jpg

Mine used to be in <filename>-poster format, but for some reason I ended up renaming to poster.jpg. Anyway I've just come to use this version of Ember and upon importing my movie library it's not even detecting the poster.jpg or fanart.jpg. When I rescrape, it creates in the format <filename>-poster.jpg / <filename>-fanart.jpg. It isn't a problem to rename them all with a script, but is there anyway to make it detect the standard poster/fanart.jpg?

Thanks!

(2014-02-21, 13:49)user321 Wrote: Hi,

According to http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Thumbnails#Video_Thumbnails, XBMC should look for the following inside video folders:
<filename>-poster.(jpg/png)
poster.(jpg/png)
folder.jpg

Mine used to be in <filename>-poster format, but for some reason I ended up renaming to poster.jpg. Anyway I've just come to use this version of Ember and upon importing my movie library it's not even detecting the poster.jpg or fanart.jpg. When I rescrape, it creates in the format <filename>-poster.jpg / <filename>-fanart.jpg. It isn't a problem to rename them all with a script, but is there anyway to make it detect the standard poster/fanart.jpg?

Thanks!

First, standard is <filename>-poster and <filename>-fanart (like XBMC db export).
Poster.jpg and fanart.jpg is only used for BDMV and VIDEO_TS folder structures.

But if you want use poster.jpg and fanart.jpg you can set it in expert settings:

After settings changed, reload all movies with Tools -> Reload all Movies. Know Ember should find your existing posters and fanarts.

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140213 - user321 - 2014-02-21

(2014-02-21, 14:06)DanCooper Wrote: First, standard is <filename>-poster and <filename>-fanart (like XBMC db export).
Poster.jpg and fanart.jpg is only used for BDMV and VIDEO_TS folder structures.

But if you want use poster.jpg and fanart.jpg you can set it in expert settings:

After settings changed, reload all movies with Tools -> Reload all Movies. Know Ember should find your existing posters and fanarts.

Aha, that wasn't clear from the wiki! Thanks for your help Dan. I think the best thing is to rename to <filename>-poster/fanart then, and rebuild my XBMC library.

(2014-02-21, 14:16)user321 Wrote: Aha, that wasn't clear from the wiki! Thanks for your help Dan. I think the best thing is to rename to <filename>-poster/fanart then, and rebuild my XBMC library.

Yes, i in my opinion, rename and rebuild is the best way.

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140213 - m.savazzi - 2014-02-21

Folks,
now Ember compiles and runs both for x86 and x64 Smile

I'm now building x64 to see how it behaves!

I've pushed some changes to have in the version number the "bit size" to help

Updated packages
2014 02 21 - Project cleanup, some fixes, two packages x86/x64

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140221 - x64/x86 - Esky - 2014-02-21

(2014-02-21, 12:15)DanCooper Wrote:
(2014-02-21, 01:09)Esky Wrote: Hi, and firstly thanks for your continued work in making Ember such a great program. I have just downloaded the latest version and have noticed a couple of issues, and also have a feature request.

1) 2) 4) I'm working on new tv show filename settings, also for YAMJ, NMJ and expert settings (same structure like for movies in new beta). This including also season banners.
3) Do you can give me informations about movie sets filenames for YAMJ and/or NMJ?

I also forgot to add the option "YAMJ compatible Set's" for NFO's. I'll also fixed.

I'm not sure of the naming convention for NMJ as I only use YAMJ. But the YAMJ naming convention for movie sets is:

If the set is called "Despicable Me Collection" and has 'Despicable Me' as the first movie in the set, and 'Despicable Me 2' as the second movie in the set.

Then the set poster will be named Set_Despicable Me Collection_1.jpg and the set fanart will be called Set_Despicable Me Collection_1.fanart.jpg

Both these files should be in the movie folder of first movie in the set, so in this case they should be in the 'Despicable Me' folder along with the movie and .nfo file.

I hope this helps.

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140221 - x64/x86 - DanCooper - 2014-02-21

(2014-02-21, 21:23)Esky Wrote: I'm not sure of the naming convention for NMJ as I only use YAMJ. But the YAMJ naming convention for movie sets is:

If the set is called "Despicable Me Collection" and has 'Despicable Me' as the first movie in the set, and 'Despicable Me 2' as the second movie in the set.

Then the set poster will be named Set_Despicable Me Collection_1.jpg and the set fanart will be called Set_Despicable Me Collection_1.fanart.jpg

Both these files should be in the movie folder of first movie in the set, so in this case they should be in the 'Despicable Me' folder along with the movie and .nfo file.

I hope this helps.

Thx.

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140221 - x64/x86 - rui_nar - 2014-02-21

hi all

I just have a small question. Can EMM handle TV-Shows Banners (XBMC Frodo/Gotham style) ?
Currently, since I can't seem to make that work I'm using another media manager JUST for the banners and EMM for everything else.

I really think it's the best out there and, honestly, the most good looking :p

Keep up the amazing work

Rui

PS: I'm using the latest version: 1.4.0.0 20140213