Kodi Community Forum
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=172394)

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140317 - x64/x86 - DanCooper - 2014-03-25

(2014-03-25, 20:34)ForgotMyUsername Wrote: Thanks for your replies. Using Eden settings worked! What do I have to put in expert settings if I only want to change the behaviour for reading posters? Renaming the files is not an option as there are several x-boxes with xbmc in my network which access the same folders on the server and can't handle the jpgs.

That's a reason...

In your situation i would enable all Frodo settings and also Poster and Actor-Thumbs for Eden (poster and actor thumbs are the only .tbn for movies).
Alternatively you can use this in expert poster settings:
Code:
<filename>.tbn

But i think the checkbox is easier.

I know, Eden settings for tv shows are missing atm (i'm not shure). Please be patient until the next release.

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140317 - x64/x86 - ForgotMyUsername - 2014-03-26

Fantastic! Seems to be working fine at first glance. The xbmc4xbox-machines seem to be reading the nfos fine, the frodo machines have been doing so ever since. However, this will need some more extensive testing when I have more time.

Another issue that I can't solve:

My boxes are running German language. I've rewritten the Aeon Nox Video-Info Dialogue and replaced the tagline with "[original title]. [country], [year]". Ember scrapes all the country names in English only, is there a way to scrape the German names for the countries as the English names are quite inconsistent whith the rest of my setup?

If not, I plan to replace the country tag for old movies in all nfos with the help of UltraEdit's "replace in files" function and manually adjust them for new movies, although this might be a lot of work. However, I noticed that country scraping delivers different results with v1.4 compared to 1.3.0.7. The old version scrapes "USA" for US-movies, the new version scrapes "United States of America". Don't know why this happens but if this is the case with other country names too, things might become really really complicated. Thus a solution to scrape German names would be fantastic.

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140317 - x64/x86 - DanCooper - 2014-03-26

(2014-03-26, 00:27)ForgotMyUsername Wrote: Fantastic! Seems to be working fine at first glance. The xbmc4xbox-machines seem to be reading the nfos fine, the frodo machines have been doing so ever since. However, this will need some more extensive testing when I have more time.

Another issue that I can't solve:

My boxes are running German language. I've rewritten the Aeon Nox Video-Info Dialogue and replaced the tagline with "[original title]. [country], [year]". Ember scrapes all the country names in English only, is there a way to scrape the German names for the countries as the English names are quite inconsistent whith the rest of my setup?

If not, I plan to replace the country tag for old movies in all nfos with the help of UltraEdit's "replace in files" function and manually adjust them for new movies, although this might be a lot of work. However, I noticed that country scraping delivers different results with v1.4 compared to 1.3.0.7. The old version scrapes "USA" for US-movies, the new version scrapes "United States of America". Don't know why this happens but if this is the case with other country names too, things might become really really complicated. Thus a solution to scrape German names would be fantastic.

Hmm, I do not know how we could solve that.
IMDB use "USA" and "U.K."
TMDB use "United States of America" and "United Kingdom"
OFDB has no country info

Ember 1.3.x has a setting to use USA instead of United States... but i think we don't have done that in 1.4.x (i will check this later).

But send me a PM (in german Wink), i will try to find a solution.

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140317 - x64/x86 - ztrust - 2014-03-26

HI
I have been trying almost all the scrapers the last 6 months to find something that suits my micro managents of movie info and ember 1.4 seems almost perfect atleast for movies I havent tried out tv yet But I seem to be having the same problems as others has posted in this thread but for some reason no answer has been given so I figured I would try again.

I have download this version as it seem to be the latest
http://embermediamanager.org/release/EmberMM_Release_20140317_x64.zip

Top Right in EMM says 1.4.0.0 x64 , but the log says
================= <Assembly Versions> =================

Platform: x86
Ember Application (Revision: 1.4.0.0) I left out alot of lines but they all say 1.4.0.0
Ember API (Revision: 1.4.0.0)
IMDB_Data (Revision: 1.4.0.0)
================= <Assembly Versions> =================

My only problem is with trailers I would like to only get the url in the nfo since i dont want local trailers. And with trailer scraper off I do get the link but without the xbmc plugin ?
wich means they dont play in xbmc ;(

my settings

Files and sources --> You Tube plugin trailer format is checked
Tmdb scraper --> trailer set to scrape
scrapers field global --> trailer set to scrape.

And scrapers trailer --> is of (no change if its on other then it downloads trailers locally)

and I cant seem to find anything about quality for trailers when not set to download (missing settings for trailers when we only want the nfo url)

I noticed when I read all 36 pages of the thread there should be trailer preview somewhere ?

Thanks hope you guys understand this

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140317 - x64/x86 - m.savazzi - 2014-03-26

(2014-03-25, 16:10)AnthonyJS02 Wrote: 1) The settings window when open is not sized correctly, the apply ok cancel buttons fall under the task bar. It the 1.3version it works correctly.

Dan you made the settings window too big, 1024x768, is there a reason for that?

If the screen is that size the bottom of the dialog is hidden below the taskbar

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140317 - x64/x86 - DanCooper - 2014-03-26

(2014-03-26, 20:49)m.savazzi Wrote:
(2014-03-25, 16:10)AnthonyJS02 Wrote: 1) The settings window when open is not sized correctly, the apply ok cancel buttons fall under the task bar. It the 1.3version it works correctly.

Dan you made the settings window too big, 1024x768, is there a reason for that?

If the screen is that size the bottom of the dialog is hidden below the taskbar

Yes, need that for the movie expert settings dialog and tv show images dialog.
I hope no one has a so small resolution in 2014 ;-)

But we can try to resize the window after adding all settings. I would do that before we release the final 1.4.0.0.

Btw: I working hard to finish the OfflineMediaManager (nearly complete). I think after this i will release the next beta.

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140317 - x64/x86 - Cocotus - 2014-03-27

(2014-03-26, 21:07)DanCooper Wrote: Yes, need that for the movie expert settings dialog and tv show images dialog.
I hope no one has a so small resolution in 2014 ;-)

2560x1440 on my new monitor here Laugh

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140317 - x64/x86 - Berchemer - 2014-03-27

Hello to all. I am new in this area but using EMM in v1.3.17 for a longer time.

Now tested latest release of 1.4 x64, clean installation inside a separate dir, with some test films and shows having their nfo-files inside their directories.

Detecting the films and shows and using the info inside the ndo-files works.

New Scraping of the Film-Info in German language works too.
But the info for Shows are not scraped in German language. I think that I have all settings set to German language for shows.

Any IdeaHuh

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140317 - x64/x86 - DanCooper - 2014-03-27

Try to change the show. Now you can select the language.

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140317 - x64/x86 - AnthonyJS02 - 2014-03-28

(2014-03-25, 16:10)AnthonyJS02 Wrote: Just tried the new Ember 1.4.x and so far so good...ran into a few hiccups/questions:

1) The settings window when open is not sized correctly, the apply ok cancel buttons fall under the task bar. It the 1.3version it works correctly.

2) I cant seem to get fanart.tv to scrape correctly? Is there something im missing? The way i know it is not showing correctly is because I normally go there and manually download the images and then use the local button in the metadata screen. But I do not see certain posters available to download that are on fanart.tv and I can tell because the resolutions are also different. Fanart has resolutions of 1000x1426 or something like that.

3) Can tv show resolutions be upped to the 1000x1500? or according to the specific art? Banner, poster etc....so they are higher resolutions?

4) Movie sets...I have my movie set posters name with extension "folder" is there anyway to change it to folder instead of poster when its saving? Or for when it is picking up images?

5)Trailer Downloads...in versions 1.3 it would show the download status bar...I do not see it when I select the resolution and hit ok, it shows local trailer as soon as I hit ok on trailer window and then when I hit OK to be done with the movie editing it hangs for a few seconds. Is it doing the downloading then? Is that why I get a "not responding"

6)Scraping new tv shows...I added two new tv shows today and used version 1.4 for first time on new show. It appears to hang and throws up a bunch of errors and does not scrape the episodes correctly. Appears to save all the images just not episode names. So I restart ember and re scrape and it works. I will get a error log for next time.

Im sure I will have more and im not sure if some of these requests or problems have been addressed just my two cents so far.

Thanks great work so far!

Just bumping to see if any responses

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140317 - x64/x86 - tostane - 2014-03-28

hello I was using the old versions of embermm Ember_1.3.0.18 it would load my tv drive in about hour. I tried this 1.4.0 version and only added tv show drive to it. i clicked update library and it merrily gnawed at half a day and had an accidental reboot. So i am trying it one more time. processing near 16 tb of sd tv shows.

I been having to keep new shows in a separate folder until they are renamed and verified ok only then do I move them to the main drive.

I wonder why you don't just load the xbmc database then scan for any files not in it ? or mabie clone it to a sql database then process the files on drive

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140317 - x64/x86 - DanCooper - 2014-03-28

(2014-03-28, 06:31)AnthonyJS02 Wrote:
(2014-03-25, 16:10)AnthonyJS02 Wrote: Just tried the new Ember 1.4.x and so far so good...ran into a few hiccups/questions:

1) The settings window when open is not sized correctly, the apply ok cancel buttons fall under the task bar. It the 1.3version it works correctly.

2) I cant seem to get fanart.tv to scrape correctly? Is there something im missing? The way i know it is not showing correctly is because I normally go there and manually download the images and then use the local button in the metadata screen. But I do not see certain posters available to download that are on fanart.tv and I can tell because the resolutions are also different. Fanart has resolutions of 1000x1426 or something like that.

3) Can tv show resolutions be upped to the 1000x1500? or according to the specific art? Banner, poster etc....so they are higher resolutions?

4) Movie sets...I have my movie set posters name with extension "folder" is there anyway to change it to folder instead of poster when its saving? Or for when it is picking up images?

5)Trailer Downloads...in versions 1.3 it would show the download status bar...I do not see it when I select the resolution and hit ok, it shows local trailer as soon as I hit ok on trailer window and then when I hit OK to be done with the movie editing it hangs for a few seconds. Is it doing the downloading then? Is that why I get a "not responding"

6)Scraping new tv shows...I added two new tv shows today and used version 1.4 for first time on new show. It appears to hang and throws up a bunch of errors and does not scrape the episodes correctly. Appears to save all the images just not episode names. So I restart ember and re scrape and it works. I will get a error log for next time.

Im sure I will have more and im not sure if some of these requests or problems have been addressed just my two cents so far.

1) The settings dialog size is 1024x768. Atm we need this size to display all settings. But we will shrink the window again for realease.

2) I do not quite understand. Can you tell me that? Fanart.tv has only one resolution: 1920x1080. I think the text in Ember is wrong (i will check that).

3) No, TVDB has only this resoltions to download.

4) No. But if you want an extra setting for this, please create an feature request.

5) Yes, trailer downloading starts if you click on OK tho close the edit movie window. I'm working on a new statusbar for downloading actor thumbs and trailers.

6) Need an error log to check this. Works for me.

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140317 - x64/x86 - AnthonyJS02 - 2014-03-28

(2014-03-28, 14:22)DanCooper Wrote:
(2014-03-28, 06:31)AnthonyJS02 Wrote:

1) The settings dialog size is 1024x768. Atm we need this size to display all settings. But we will shrink the window again for realease.

2) I do not quite understand. Can you tell me that? Fanart.tv has only one resolution: 1920x1080. I think the text in Ember is wrong (i will check that).

3) No, TVDB has only this resoltions to download.

4) No. But if you want an extra setting for this, please create an feature request.

5) Yes, trailer downloading starts if you click on OK tho close the edit movie window. I'm working on a new statusbar for downloading actor thumbs and trailers.

6) Need an error log to check this. Works for me.

2) Since Fanart has movie posters now I like to use those because most of time they are a lot cleaner. The size of posters are 1000x1426 on fanart so that's how I can tell it's not pulling posters from fanart.tv.

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140317 - x64/x86 - T-bird_se - 2014-03-28

Don't know if this is an Ember or IMDB bug but if you scrape release date from IMDB you always get yesterday dates, TMDB is fine

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140317 - x64/x86 - tostane - 2014-03-28

removing tv show from database. problem-> very very slow

on the tv window across on bar were title is click the nfo button to sort by shows missing nfo.
then try to remove a show from the database.
It seems to work but takes well over 1 minute and

""after it finishes the shows are not sorted in nfo order."".