Kodi Community Forum
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=172394)

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - deh2k7 - 2014-04-12

Hi Dan - can you explain which settings I need to set to ONLY have a trailer link in the NFO file? I do not want to download trailers and only put an XBMC-compatible trailer URL link in the NFO.

I've noticed that some of the trailer rescrape settings seemed to be disabled as well.

If I set TMDB scraper only, and ONLY have TMDB scraper set to scrape trailer, it works when i rescrape NFO. However, the TMDB scraper also overwrites the Plot Outline field, even though that is not set to scrape. It definitely seems to be related to my note above when using TMDB and IMDB that something seems to be forcing data in the Plot field to overwrite the data in the Plot Outline field.

Also i noticed that you cannot disable trailer scraping from IMDB in the NFO scraper settings.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - DanCooper - 2014-04-12

(2014-04-12, 01:04)deh2k7 Wrote: Hi Dan - can you explain which settings I need to set to ONLY have a trailer link in the NFO file? I do not want to download trailers and only put an XBMC-compatible trailer URL link in the NFO.

I've noticed that some of the trailer rescrape settings seemed to be disabled as well.

If I set TMDB scraper only, and ONLY have TMDB scraper set to scrape trailer, it works when i rescrape NFO. However, the TMDB scraper also overwrites the Plot Outline field, even though that is not set to scrape. It definitely seems to be related to my note above when using TMDB and IMDB that something seems to be forcing data in the Plot field to overwrite the data in the Plot Outline field.

Also i noticed that you cannot disable trailer scraping from IMDB in the NFO scraper settings.

Actually, it should function as:
- enable "Trailer" scraping in "Scrapers - Data" (to generally enable trailer scraping for NFO)
- disable "Trailer" in IMDB scraper
- enable "Trailer" in TMDB scraper
- disable "Trailer Support" in "Scrapers - Trailers" (to generally disable trailer donwloading)
- enable "YouTube Trailer Plugin Format" in "Files and Sources" -> "XBMC" tab

The trailer scraping in main menu -> Scrape Media -> * -> * -> Trailer Only" is only to download trailers.
But you can use the "Custom Scraper" if you only want rescrape trailer links for NFO. Select "Scrape Media -> Custom Trailer", select Modifiers: "NFO" and Options: "Trailer".

In my opinion, the links in the NFO are useless. Most of the trailers are deleted too quickly on YouTube and are no longer available in a few months. I download the trailer therefore prefer.

I'm going on Sunday to check your error concerning scraper.

Thanks Dan. That explanation helps. I did notice that the checkbox in IMDB NFO scraper for trailers is checked, but greyed-out. You cannot uncheck the trailer for IMDB. Is this by design?

AW: RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - DanCooper - 2014-04-12

(2014-04-12, 03:20)deh2k7 Wrote: Thanks Dan. That explanation helps. I did notice that the checkbox in IMDB NFO scraper for trailers is checked, but greyed-out. You cannot uncheck the trailer for IMDB. Is this by design?

Damn, that's a bug. But you can disable IMDB trailer manually:
- close Ember
- open AdvancedSettings.xml with an editor (Notepad++)
- search a line like "scraper.imdb_data" with value DoTrailer and change it from True to False

Hi Dan - editing advancedsettings worked for me. I also confirmed, for my scraping that if i scrape TMDB first priority, with only trailer checked, then IMDB next for the remaining fields that the plot outline field gets scraped properly. definitely looks like TMDB is doing something strange even for unchecked fields. perhaps not null-ing out the data values properly?

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - cibu - 2014-04-13

x64 version does not save my preferences. Any idea why?

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - deh2k7 - 2014-04-13

i would guess permissions - where did you install?

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - MikeDB - 2014-04-13

Out of curiosity......how close is the new ember from being completed (out of beta stage).

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - deh2k7 - 2014-04-13

probably a little while longer, but it's definitely in a state that is usable for most users.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - capfuturo - 2014-04-14

Hello DanCooper,

Just a heads-up regarding the theme.mp3 support in Media Managers currently supporting them.

TvTunes add-on, the XBMC add-on that takes care of playing the theme.mp3 when users browse their TV shows, was taken into a new developmental stage on October 2013. Powerful new features have been implemented and with them new working structures have been introduced. To make it easier to understand: if up-to-date support for themes is desired and wished to be implemented by a Media Manager, developers should now be aware of:

1. Support for Movie themes (not just TV Show themes)
A class search in goear.com was added to the tvtunes_scraper.py for the purpose of supporting movie themes as well as widening and improving the search & fetch of tv show themes, including access for the first time to HD quality audio themes.
2. Support for improved audio quality
Users can now see and choose the audio quality of the themes before fetching (available up to 320 kbps HD quality in most themes —only via goear.com search engine).
3. Support for arbitrary names, multiple themes and audio formats (WMA, FLAC, M4A, etc.)
This means that fetched themes can be progressively fetched and saved as theme, theme1, theme2, etc.. It also means that a track named 'Oblivion (2013) OST - Oblivion (feat. Susanne Sundfør).flac' is now supported and media managers should recognise them and display them for the user as a valid audio theme.
4. Support for new tvtunes.nfo file
This NFO file may be located within 'Themes' folder or, in its absence, within its parent directory. It basically allows TvTunes to play whole soundtrack directories, playlists, themes in remote locations, etc. by just telling TvTunes where to find them. Ideally media managers should be now able to create and edit this nfo according to the guidelines specified in the wiki
5. Support for a new sub-folder called 'Themes' located within the video folder.
From now on this sub-folder contains all the fetched themes as well as the tvtunes NFO file related to the particular movie or tv show. TvTunes will continue the support for legacy structures such as spare theme.mp3 files located in the parent video directory.
6. Support for a user-defined folder name and/or custom path instead of default 'Themes' and location.
Due to this media manager's developers are advised to consider an option to allow users to define their own string name, or a way to recognise it automatically, in order to match the one they have defined in TvTunes' configuration panel, in case they aren't using the default 'Themes' naming convention. Developers are also advised to consider a regexp rule to exclude from the scanned video sources the 'Themes' folder (or the user-defined name for it) to prevent them from appearing on the movie/tv shows panel list or any unexpected content to be scanned by the media manager as a potential movie/tv show/video nfo.

Hope this helps and clarifies the current state of things regarding main theme and soundtrack play via TvTunes in XBMC. For further information please refer to updated wiki: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:TvTunes

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - wesozee - 2014-04-14

Hello DanCooper,

Amazing work really, big fan of the program.

I do have few Q's:

1- how do i scarp movie-sets? i have 3 movies for toy story and when i did scrap them it didn't recognize them as a movie collection .. (the sorting title is empty in all 3 movies).

2- do i have to make a serrate folder for the movie-set artwork? if i didn't do that will it store the artworks in each folder?
and if i did make this folder, where this should be located in order for the XBMC to read it?

3- i tried to scrap the logo, diskart, clearart ... but it doesn't download anything ... is it still a work in progress?

4- last but not least, in the TV show, can i set the source type of the files? (SD or HD)

Sorry for asking too many ... and thank you in advance Smile

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - DanCooper - 2014-04-14

(2014-04-14, 18:56)wesozee Wrote: Hello DanCooper,

Amazing work really, big fan of the program.

I do have few Q's:

1- how do i scarp movie-sets? i have 3 movies for toy story and when i did scrap them it didn't recognize them as a movie collection .. (the sorting title is empty in all 3 movies).

2- do i have to make a serrate folder for the movie-set artwork? if i didn't do that will it store the artworks in each folder?
and if i did make this folder, where this should be located in order for the XBMC to read it?

3- i tried to scrap the logo, diskart, clearart ... but it doesn't download anything ... is it still a work in progress?

4- last but not least, in the TV show, can i set the source type of the files? (SD or HD)

Sorry for asking too many ... and thank you in advance Smile

Ember support only movieset artworks in a separate folder (atm). You can set the folder in Settings -> Movies -> Files and Sources -> Movieset Artwork Folder.
Now you can use the Set Manager (Tools -> Set Manager) to create sets and download artwork. Don't forget to save the images on every movieset. This part is under construction, later we will add this to the scraping process.

Logo, discart, clearart is WIP. Banner and landscape (16:9 thumbs) works for movies.

No, there is no option to set tv show source. I'm waiting for the official XBMC 13 release to check what is possible to save in NFO.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - zerocool_ie - 2014-04-15

(2014-04-12, 01:59)DanCooper Wrote: Actually, it should function as:
- enable "Trailer" scraping in "Scrapers - Data" (to generally enable trailer scraping for NFO)
- disable "Trailer" in IMDB scraper
- enable "Trailer" in TMDB scraper
- disable "Trailer Support" in "Scrapers - Trailers" (to generally disable trailer donwloading)
- enable "YouTube Trailer Plugin Format" in "Files and Sources" -> "XBMC" tab

The trailer scraping in main menu -> Scrape Media -> * -> * -> Trailer Only" is only to download trailers.
But you can use the "Custom Scraper" if you only want rescrape trailer links for NFO. Select "Scrape Media -> Custom Trailer", select Modifiers: "NFO" and Options: "Trailer".

In my opinion, the links in the NFO are useless. Most of the trailers are deleted too quickly on YouTube and are no longer available in a few months. I download the trailer therefore prefer.

I'm going on Sunday to check your error concerning scraper.
(2014-04-12, 13:25)DanCooper Wrote: Damn, that's a bug. But you can disable IMDB trailer manually:
- close Ember
- open AdvancedSettings.xml with an editor (Notepad++)
- search a line like "scraper.imdb_data" with value DoTrailer and change it from True to False

Hey Dan, I followed both steps here, but I still end up with the http:// link instead of the plugin:// link when using the automated NFO-only scrape. The only way I can get a plugin:// link to save is to enable "Trailer Support" and use the GUI's "Set to NFO" button.

Any ideas?

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - DanCooper - 2014-04-15

Nope, maybe i have forgot something while change all names of settings. I will check that today.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - PogMoThoin - 2014-04-16

I just installed this but it's not detecting any artwork or nfos for movies created by Ember 1.3. All my movies are in individual folders. How do I go about getting it to see them?