Kodi Community Forum
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=172394)

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - zerocool_ie - 2014-04-17

(2014-04-16, 23:09)PogMoThoin Wrote: I just installed this but it's not detecting any artwork or nfos for movies created by Ember 1.3. All my movies are in individual folders. How do I go about getting it to see them?

Conas atá tú? Wink

I think Edit -> Settings -> Movies -> Files and Sources -> File Naming -> XBMC -> Eden is what you need to change

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - PogMoThoin - 2014-04-17

Tá mé go maith, go raibh maith agat :p

I already have it set to Eden, even removed the source and added it again, no good. It adds the movies alright, but does not detect artwork our show that it's detected the nfo

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - DanCooper - 2014-04-17

(2014-04-17, 09:50)PogMoThoin Wrote: Tá mé go maith, go raibh maith agat :p

I already have it set to Eden, even removed the source and added it again, no good. It adds the movies alright, but does not detect artwork our show that it's detected the nfo

First, you can use Tools -> Reload all Movies to rescan all folders.
Secondly, you need expert settings for your filenames (no XBMC export standard):
Poster field: poster.jpg
Fanart field: fanart.jpg
NFO field: movie.nfo

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - zerocool_ie - 2014-04-17

(2014-04-17, 11:09)DanCooper Wrote:
(2014-04-17, 09:50)PogMoThoin Wrote: Tá mé go maith, go raibh maith agat :p

First, you can use Tools -> Reload all Movies to rescan all folders.
Secondly, you need expert settings for your filenames (no XBMC export standard):

whats the difference between the Frodo and Eden templates Dan?

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - PogMoThoin - 2014-04-17

(2014-04-17, 17:22)zerocool_ie Wrote: whats the difference between the Frodo and Eden templates Dan?

Frodo used .tbn for images, i had to redo my collection for Eden

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - PogMoThoin - 2014-04-18

(2014-04-17, 11:09)DanCooper Wrote: First, you can use Tools -> Reload all Movies to rescan all folders.

Thanks Dan, works perfect.

I'm liking it, Does it run persistently to find new content and scrape artwork for new movies and episodes as they get added?

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - ZexisStryfe - 2014-04-18

Dan,

Even in the newest beta releases I am noticing that when scraping movies even if there is a "Certification" pulled as part of the scrap (ie- PG-13) the MPAA Rating list stays at [none] and needs to be manually set to the rating. Can this be fixed so it automatically chooses the proper MPAA rating like it does with v1.3?

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - ss4johnny - 2014-04-20

(2014-04-17, 11:09)DanCooper Wrote: First, you can use Tools -> Reload all Movies to rescan all folders.

I just had installed Ember 1.4 beta and was having problems with the poster.jpg files showing up. I added poster.jpg to the expert thing as you recommend and then did update library and then it crashed (something about files or paths being too long came up before it did). Opening it back up again I did a reload all movies and the green checks came back up. However, it doesn't seem to have worked for TV files. When I went into the Files and Souces under TV shows, there is nothing for me to change on the expert side like on the Movie side.

The strange thing is that I have posters saved multiple ways for some reason. Like, poster.jpg, folder.jpg, and <filename>.tbn (and similar issues for fanart). Is there any way to clean up what I have so that it's only in the best organization for XBMC and Ember? I suppose I could probably write a python script to make the poster.jpg and fanart.jpg as poster.tbn and fanart.tbn and then remove all the other files. Would rather do it with Ember if it's built-in.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Cocotus - 2014-04-20

(2014-04-20, 18:57)ss4johnny Wrote:

I just had installed Ember 1.4 beta and was having problems with the poster.jpg files showing up. I added poster.jpg to the expert thing as you recommend and then did update library and then it crashed (something about files or paths being too long came up before it did). Opening it back up again I did a reload all movies and the green checks came back up. However, it doesn't seem to have worked for TV files. When I went into the Files and Souces under TV shows, there is nothing for me to change on the expert side like on the Movie side.

The strange thing is that I have posters saved multiple ways for some reason. Like, poster.jpg, folder.jpg, and <filename>.tbn (and similar issues for fanart). Is there any way to clean up what I have so that it's only in the best organization for XBMC and Ember? I suppose I could probably write a python script to make the poster.jpg and fanart.jpg as poster.tbn and fanart.tbn and then remove all the other files. Would rather do it with Ember if it's built-in.

I haven't touched current Ember development for quite some time now but the last time I checked expert settings were only for movies for now Huh I had the same problem too with multiple image sources in my movie folders and I just used external script/batch renamer to do the work - was the fastest way for me...

@Dan
Hope you take a well deserved easter holiday, I will be back on the field for Ember when I finish my run through Dragons Dogma (PS3, so damn addictive!), just took a look at the recent commits on github and impressed with current progress Smile

AW: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - DanCooper - 2014-04-20

@Cocotus
Thx, mate.
Currently I'm working on Themes support for movies and tv shows (nearly finished), Boxee defaults, Expert Settings for tv shows and tv show scraper splitting (for fully fanart.tv support), no time to search eggs ;-)

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - AnthonyJS02 - 2014-04-21

Hey Dan just checking to see how next release. Can't wait to test the fanart.tv features for tv shows!

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Wizzzard - 2014-04-22

(2014-04-20, 22:38)DanCooper Wrote: @Cocotus
Thx, mate.
Currently I'm working on Themes support for movies and tv shows (nearly finished), Boxee defaults, Expert Settings for tv shows and tv show scraper splitting (for fully fanart.tv support), no time to search eggs ;-)

Nice!! I can't wait for the Boxee Defaults to be ready so i can finally switch to the 1.4 version of EMM.
If you need a tester for the Boxee Defaults please let me know!

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - PogMoThoin - 2014-04-24

I've had to revert back to 1.3, there are a few issues with this, it's not a daily runner yet but will be awesome. I'm glad to help bug fix new beta versions so keep up the good work. The main issue I was having is slowness, it takes ages to start and when it runs it's very heavy and slow (although scraping is faster). Extrafanart was not working, I've mine in extrafanart folders in the movie folder but they were not showing up. Also, is .png supported, none of my logos or clearart in png format work?

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - AnthonyJS02 - 2014-04-25

Don't think logo and clearart is active yet.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - RevaD - 2014-04-25

@Dan

Found a bug in both 1.4 64bit 2014-04-09 and 2014-02-21 (it may be older 1.4 versions as well).

Each time I exit EMM 1.4 it duplicates the TVLanguage contents in the Settings.xml file.

For example, if the Settings.xml files contains the following when I open EMM:
Code:
<TVScraperLanguages>
    <TVLanguage>
      <LongLang>Deutsch</LongLang>
      <ShortLang>de</ShortLang>
    </TVLanguage>
    <TVLanguage>
      <LongLang>English</LongLang>
      <ShortLang>en</ShortLang>
    </TVLanguage>
  </TVScraperLanguages>

It would contain the following after exiting EMM:
Code:
<TVScraperLanguages>
    <TVLanguage>
    </TVLanguage>
    <TVLanguage>
    </TVLanguage>
    <TVLanguage>
    </TVLanguage>
    <TVLanguage>
    </TVLanguage>
  </TVScraperLanguages>

Then after opening and exiting EMM again it would contain the following:
Code:
<TVScraperLanguages>
    <TVLanguage>
    </TVLanguage>
    <TVLanguage>
    </TVLanguage>
    <TVLanguage>
    </TVLanguage>
    <TVLanguage>
    </TVLanguage>
    <TVLanguage>
    </TVLanguage>
    <TVLanguage>
    </TVLanguage>
  </TVScraperLanguages>

The language section keeps growing duplicate entries.