Kodi Community Forum
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=172394)

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - hexenkuppe - 2014-05-08

The new Bulk Renamer option to add rating ($P) is cool but it shows the rating in a weird way. Please look at my suggestion picture.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - DanCooper - 2014-05-08

(2014-05-08, 23:37)hexenkuppe Wrote: The new Bulk Renamer option to add rating ($P) is cool but it shows the rating in a weird way. Please look at my suggestion picture.
http://imgur.com/xms6f3J

Very strange ...
In my case work without problems:

Can someone else check that?

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - toineb - 2014-05-09

(2014-05-08, 23:37)hexenkuppe Wrote: The new Bulk Renamer option to add rating ($P) is cool but it shows the rating in a weird way. Please look at my suggestion picture.

Hexen you have to do $P without brackets

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - hexenkuppe - 2014-05-09

(2014-05-09, 00:33)toineb Wrote:

Same problem, i also deleted settings.xml and advancedsettings.xml . Rating is set correct in my nfos.
Don't know whats the issue.

I also have another issue ->

btw i use Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1 and the fresh Ember Version

In terms of your first problem this is mine

(2014-05-09, 00:47)hexenkuppe Wrote: I also have another issue ->

btw i use Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1 and the fresh Ember Version

Mine is also blank but everything I need is under the xbmc tab

(2014-05-09, 00:33)toineb Wrote:

I notice from the screen shots you also have a different file pattern on the right.. you have {.$S} missing

have you tried downloading ember and trying it again ?

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - hexenkuppe - 2014-05-09

dont need the source in the filename this is why $S is missing

(2014-05-09, 01:10)hexenkuppe Wrote: dont need the source in the filename this is why $S is missing

Sorry, I was just kind of thinking out loud about what your problem could be. As both mine and Dan's don't have the same problem, the only thing I can think of trying is a fresh download

(2014-05-09, 01:29)toineb Wrote:
(2014-05-09, 01:10)hexenkuppe Wrote: dont need the source in the filename this is why $S is missing

Sorry, I was just kind of thinking out loud about what your problem could be. As both mine and Dan's don't have the same problem, the only thing I can think of trying is a fresh download

i did a fresh download, same problem.

FOUND another problem, german umlauts (ä,ü,ö) arent supported within bulk renamer. i get this � sign instead. BUT only with a few Movies not all.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - ss4johnny - 2014-05-09

I put together a python script that I used to clean up my XBMC library to work with the beta (I'm using 1.4.0.0 x64 now). I just did this for my movie folders (the TV shows seem to require different files, but my version of the beta isn't showing posters, but I imagine I can fix that too by adjusting this). Anyone familiar with python should be able to adjust it to suit their needs.

Code:
import os

def check_delete_file(file_name, check_delete):
    if any([file_name == x for x in check_delete]):
        os.remove(file_name)

def check_rename_file(file_name, check_rename):
    if file_name == check_rename:
        os.rename(file_name, os.path.basename(os.getcwd()) + '-'+ file_name)

def check_rename_file_tv(file_name):
    #for seasons
    if file_name.find('season') != -1:
        if file_name.find('-poster.jpg') == -1:  #ensure you're not double copying
            os.rename(file_name, file_name[0:file_name.find('.tbn')] + '-poster.jpg')
    elif file_name == 'folder.jpg':
        os.rename(file_name, 'poster.jpg')
    else:
        tbn_loc = file_name.find('.tbn')
        if tbn_loc != -1:
            if file_name.find('-thumb.jpg') == -1: #ensure you're not double copying
                os.rename(file_name, file_name[0:tbn_loc] + '-thumb.jpg')

def organize_xbmc(dir, check_rename, check_delete0):
    os.chdir(dir)
    for file_name in os.listdir('.'):
        if os.path.isfile(file_name) == True:
            if check_rename != None:
                check_rename_file(file_name, check_rename)
            check_rename_file_tv(file_name)
            if check_delete0 != None:
                check_delete = check_delete0
                check_delete.append(os.path.basename(os.getcwd()) + '.tbn')
                check_delete_file(file_name, check_delete)

def multi_organize_xbmc(dir, check_rename, check_delete0):
    os.chdir(dir)
    for root, dirs, files in os.walk(dir):
        print root
        organize_xbmc(root, check_rename, check_delete0)

#adjust movies
check_rename = 'poster.jpg'
check_delete0 = ['movie.nfo', 'movie.tbn', 'folder.jpg', 'fanart.jpg']

dir = "//FREENAS/HallNasShare/Media/Video/Movies"
multi_organize_xbmc(dir, check_rename, check_delete0)

#adjust tv
dir = "//FREENAS/HallNasShare/Media/Video/TV"
multi_organize_xbmc(dir, None, None)

dir = "//FREENAS/HallNasShare/Media/Video/TV-Collections"

dir = "//FREENAS/HallNasShare/Media/Video/Animation-Collection"

Edit: Adjustment to also rename the files in tv folders.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - DanCooper - 2014-05-09

(2014-05-09, 01:35)hexenkuppe Wrote:
(2014-05-09, 01:29)toineb Wrote:

i did a fresh download, same problem.

FOUND another problem, german umlauts (ä,ü,ö) arent supported within bulk renamer. i get this � sign instead. BUT only with a few Movies not all.

I have found a bug if $P is used and rating is empty (results in an empty filename).
But i don't have any issues with äöü.

I have relaese a new version, please try it again.

P.S: Expert settings for tv shows are WIP.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - leepenny - 2014-05-09

probably the dumbest questiion asked in this forum to date but does the latest beta version support windows xp ? - (I know xbmc itself has stopped support for xp just wondering if true for EMM)
I use a beat up old pc to catalog all my movies b4 moving to server - time to upgrade if no support

(2014-05-09, 14:34)leepenny Wrote: probably the dumbest questiion asked in this forum to date but does the latest beta version support windows xp ? - (I know xbmc itself has stopped support for xp just wondering if true for EMM)
I use a beat up old pc to catalog all my movies b4 moving to server - time to upgrade if no support

Sorry, but no.
.NET 4.5.1 does not support WinXP.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - leepenny - 2014-05-09

then upgradeI will Smile - many thanks - cannot do without this program

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Pr.Sinister - 2014-05-09

A few issues with the latest beta... I am not sure if any of this has been addressed yet because i abandoned Ember for a while because TMDB scraper would not work at all for me in the past few versions of 1.3.x. I am now back to my favorite one because TMDB is working and the addition of the artwork from Fanart.tv. Great job DanCooper! It's truly appreciated.

On to the "issues"

#1. Trailer downloading is not working for me. I only tried it in the Custom Scraper and with Change Movie

#2. When using Change Movie, it would be nice to either have all of the Fanarts be automatically selected for Extrathumbs/ExtraFanart like in 1.3.x or have a Check/Uncheck All button

#3. When you enable the nfo scraper for both IMDB and TMDB, it should stop looking for the movie if it is found on the scraper that is first in the list. Right now, i have IMDB first and TMDB second. When i manually scrape a movie like with Change Movie, it will find it on IMDB, i select it and click ok, and then It finds it again on TMDB and i have to click OK or cancel. If i click OK, it will use the TMDB info and discard the IMDB info

Again, thanks again for the hard work. Looking forward to only using Ember again. Currently, this is my workflow :
  • Auto-Scrape with TinyMediaManager
  • Use TinyMediaManager to change the posters and fanarts to my preferences
  • Use MediaElch to Dowload Artwork from Fanart.tv
  • Use Ember 1.3x Custom Scraper to rescrape Country, Trailer and Genre

(2014-05-09, 16:22)Pr.Sinister Wrote: A few issues with the latest beta... I am not sure if any of this has been addressed yet because i abandoned Ember for a while because TMDB scraper would not work at all for me in the past few versions of 1.3.x. I am now back to my favorite one because TMDB is working and the addition of the artwork from Fanart.tv. Great job DanCooper! It's truly appreciated.

On to the "issues"

#1. Trailer downloading is not working for me. I only tried it in the Custom Scraper and with Change Movie

#2. When using Change Movie, it would be nice to either have all of the Fanarts be automatically selected for Extrathumbs/ExtraFanart like in 1.3.x or have a Check/Uncheck All button

#3. When you enable the nfo scraper for both IMDB and TMDB, it should stop looking for the movie if it is found on the scraper that is first in the list. Right now, i have IMDB first and TMDB second. When i manually scrape a movie like with Change Movie, it will find it on IMDB, i select it and click ok, and then It finds it again on TMDB and i have to click OK or cancel. If i click OK, it will use the TMDB info and discard the IMDB info

Again, thanks again for the hard work. Looking forward to only using Ember again. Currently, this is my workflow :
  • Auto-Scrape with TinyMediaManager
  • Use TinyMediaManager to change the posters and fanarts to my preferences
  • Use MediaElch to Dowload Artwork from Fanart.tv
  • Use Ember 1.3x Custom Scraper to rescrape Country, Trailer and Genre

#1 Hmm, no idea. But the trailer download windows does not start automatically like in 1.3.x, you need to click the green button in edit movie window (i will fix that someday). But auto scraping works normally for me.

#2 Please add a feature request (my brain is like swiss cheese).

#3 I will change/fix the procedure for next beta.