Kodi Community Forum
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=172394)

AW: RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - DanCooper - 2014-05-16

(2014-05-16, 06:17)ss4johnny Wrote: I really like the new feature to update just the votes/ratings on movies. It crashed the first time I did it for my whole library (this also happened when setting up my library initially with the older version of Ember, so not really anything new), but it worked when I split it up into different pieces and did each individually.

It would be convenient if this feature gets added to TV shows (as well as the filtering). The imdb vote counts are typically very high, but the tvdb vote counts are usually pretty low for new episodes (thus requiring an update after a recent period). I think

Also, does anyone know what (or where I can find) the default file name required for TV posters on XBMC Gotham and Ember (I don't have green flags for them)? Right now I have them as folder.jpg, season0x.tbn, and tvshow.SXXEXX.episodename.tbn.

Filenames for Frodo/Gotham are:
poster.jpg
fanart.jpg
banner.jpg
landscape.jpg
logo.png
clearart.png
characterart.png
seasonXX-poster.jpg
seasonXX-fanart.jpg
seasonXX-banner.jpg
seasonXX-landscape.jpg
season-all-poster.jpg
season-all-fanart.jpg
season-all-banner.jpg
season-all-landscape.jpg

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - ss4johnny - 2014-05-16

@DanCooper That's a big help for the show and season. For individual episodes I tried changing tvshow.SXXEXX.episodename.tbn to tvshow.SXXEXX.episodename-poster.jpg (to follow with the pattern in what you have) but do not get green checks in Ember (latest beta). Any idea?

Also, are both poster.jpg and season-all-poster.jpg needed? Is there a preference to one or the other?

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - DJHulp - 2014-05-16

Hello DanCooper.
Ember Media Manager 1.4 BETA x86 - 2014-05-09 (No X64 for this release. We have to solve a few problems first.)
I was wondering when the X64 comes? Wink
Please keep up the good work! Wink

Can you please add a function into XBMC for Movie's & Television that's XBMC recognize the Covers for XBMC (Including 3D Blu-Ray).
Example if you have a 3D Blu-Ray but it has a title as "2D Blu-Ray & 3D Blu-Ray" if it has both Video's it will use a 2D Blu-Ray cover and I really love to have a 3D Blu-Ray cover.
Also the covers don't work if you use a ISO Script file because it won't recognise if the Blu-Ray doesn't play with the Original video player, is there a way the video will recognise without to play the title?
Can you make a cover that's it's explain it has both 2D & 3D Blu-Ray?

Is there a way to add a function for Music XBMC & Games for Advanced Launcher XBMC into Ember Media Manager?
If not what for program can I use for Music - XBMC?

My System:
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 Enterprice X64.
- XBMC 13 Gotham.
- Aeon Nox 4.1.9.9.

Greetings DJHulp.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - DanCooper - 2014-05-16

(2014-05-16, 14:40)ss4johnny Wrote: @DanCooper That's a big help for the show and season. For individual episodes I tried changing tvshow.SXXEXX.episodename.tbn to tvshow.SXXEXX.episodename-poster.jpg (to follow with the pattern in what you have) but do not get green checks in Ember (latest beta). Any idea?

Also, are both poster.jpg and season-all-poster.jpg needed? Is there a preference to one or the other?

Episode poster/thumbs is always:
<episodefilename>-thumb.jpg

poster.jpg, fanart.jpg and banner.jpg is for tv show, all-season-* is for the "Display all Epsiodes" view in XBMC. That are different situations. If you don't set the all-season.* images, XBMC will use the tv show images for this.

Ember recognize ONLY the filenames that you have enabled in settings. Check all "Frodo" checkboxes in tv shows settings and reload (F5 or context menu) all th shows.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - KingJavaPy - 2014-05-16

Hey Brothah (DanCooper),

Love it! Keep up the good work and I'll keep up the donations. With each new release the product keeps getting better.

I just installed the latest 1.4 Beta... there is one issue: when choosing media sources, mapped network drives aren't visible in the file chooser dialog. I entered the server address and found joy. Any 'known' reason why the app isn't displaying mapped network drives?

Windows 7 64.

Best regards,

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - DanCooper - 2014-05-16

(2014-05-16, 22:32)KingJavaPy Wrote: Hey Brothah (DanCooper),

Love it! Keep up the good work and I'll keep up the donations. With each new release the product keeps getting better.

I just installed the latest 1.4 Beta... there is one issue: when choosing media sources, mapped network drives aren't visible in the file chooser dialog. I entered the server address and found joy. Any 'known' reason why the app isn't displaying mapped network drives?

Windows 7 64.

Best regards,

Yes, that is also noticed. No idea why, I need to check.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - ss4johnny - 2014-05-17

^I've just always used the exact network locations so I don't screw anything up.

Edit: And I've adjusted the code I had posted above so that I could bulk rename all my files using python so they're consistent with frodo. So again thanks for the info..

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - JSearfoss - 2014-05-17

I am still not getting a video source tag in the NFO with the current release.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Pr.Sinister - 2014-05-17

DanCooper :

I finally found what my problem was... I don't know if you can consider this a bug or not but when you setup the filenames to use, if you only use expert settings, Ember will not create the .actors, extrathumbs, extrafanart, or the trailer.

For it to work, both XBMC Frodo AND expert settings (or just XBMC Frodo) need to be enabled.

Maybe putting a note that no matter what, you need to enable at least one XBMC even if you use Expert Settings.

Keep up the good work!

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Thales - 2014-05-17

I just installed the latest beta (Ember Media Manager 1.4 BETA x86 - 2014-05-09) and I'm getting "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." errors with almost everything I've tried so far.

I was trying to add all my custom genres from 1.3 and I would get that error every I hit the apply button and it wouldn't save the changes.

Also kept getting it while trying to input the API keys for TMDB, TVDB, and Fanart.tv. Haven't done too much else because I was trying to get all the settings done first.

I'm running Windows 7 and I installed the latest .net when Ember asked me to.

Does Ember 1.4 need any other component software installed other than the latest .net? Haven't seen anyone else mention that error before, so I was thinking I may have just missed something needed on the install.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - ss4johnny - 2014-05-17

@DanCooper When doing the reload for tv shows, I noticed that the shows and the episodes get the green checks but not the seasons. So after updating I've got all the tv shows and episodes with green checks, but not the seasons. Have to go show by show to update the season check marks.

Also the 260 character path limit error does not tell you what file(s) is(are) causing the issue. I'm using Ember on a Windows machine with all my media stored on a Freenas (Unix-based) machine. That machine seems to allow longer path/file names. I'd change 'em to work consistently with Windows (b/c the nfo files should accommodate longer names for episode titles), but it looks like it may be some work to track 'em down. I could probably figure it out, but I thought I might mention it anyway.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - AnthonyJS02 - 2014-05-17

(2014-05-17, 07:11)Thales Wrote: I just installed the latest beta (Ember Media Manager 1.4 BETA x86 - 2014-05-09) and I'm getting "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." errors with almost everything I've tried so far.

I was trying to add all my custom genres from 1.3 and I would get that error every I hit the apply button and it wouldn't save the changes.

Also kept getting it while trying to input the API keys for TMDB, TVDB, and Fanart.tv. Haven't done too much else because I was trying to get all the settings done first.

Does Ember 1.4 need any other component software installed other than the latest .net? Haven't seen anyone else mention that error before, so I was thinking I may have just missed something needed on the install.

Do not need to set the APIs.

Think you can ignore ref errors. I got same type messages until I set the default language for tv shows believe. But might of been coincidence.

And don't think need any other things running.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - DanCooper - 2014-05-17

(2014-05-17, 06:56)Pr.Sinister Wrote: DanCooper :

I finally found what my problem was... I don't know if you can consider this a bug or not but when you setup the filenames to use, if you only use expert settings, Ember will not create the .actors, extrathumbs, extrafanart, or the trailer.

For it to work, both XBMC Frodo AND expert settings (or just XBMC Frodo) need to be enabled.

Maybe putting a note that no matter what, you need to enable at least one XBMC even if you use Expert Settings.

Keep up the good work!

Yes, i know that. A part of expert settings are not implemented Big Grin
But trailers should working. Enter a filename WITHOUT file extention for trailers.

(2014-05-17, 07:11)Thales Wrote: I just installed the latest beta (Ember Media Manager 1.4 BETA x86 - 2014-05-09) and I'm getting "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." errors with almost everything I've tried so far.

All (new) genres need an image (select default.jpg if you don't have another).

You don't need any private API keys, only if you want the EpisodeGuideURL (TVDB) in tv shows NFO's.

(2014-05-17, 09:32)ss4johnny Wrote: @DanCooper When doing the reload for tv shows, I noticed that the shows and the episodes get the green checks but not the seasons. So after updating I've got all the tv shows and episodes with green checks, but not the seasons. Have to go show by show to update the season check marks.

Also the 260 character path limit error does not tell you what file(s) is(are) causing the issue. I'm using Ember on a Windows machine with all my media stored on a Freenas (Unix-based) machine. That machine seems to allow longer path/file names. I'd change 'em to work consistently with Windows (b/c the nfo files should accommodate longer names for episode titles), but it looks like it may be some work to track 'em down. I could probably figure it out, but I thought I might mention it anyway.

Yes, i know that issue with seasons. I will try to fix that for next beta.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - bbqbob - 2014-05-17

When I try to run EMM, Windows reports "Ember Media Manager.exe is not a valid Win32 application"

I just downloaded Ember Media Manager 1.4 BETA x86 - 2014-05-09. I thought that this was a 32-bit application.
My system is running 32-bit Windows XP SP3 with .net 3.5.SP1 installed. (.net 4 is also installed)

I saw discussion of this on page 29 of this thread. There was talk about the binary being mixed up and use the other one in the zip. I don't know what this means to resolve this.

Is XP no longer supported?

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - DanCooper - 2014-05-17

(2014-05-17, 18:11)bbqbob Wrote: When I try to run EMM, Windows reports "Ember Media Manager.exe is not a valid Win32 application"

I just downloaded Ember Media Manager 1.4 BETA x86 - 2014-05-09. I thought that this was a 32-bit application.
My system is running 32-bit Windows XP SP3 with .net 3.5.SP1 installed. (.net 4 is also installed)

I saw discussion of this on page 29 of this thread. There was talk about the binary being mixed up and use the other one in the zip. I don't know what this means to resolve this.

Is XP no longer supported?

No, .NET 4.5 does not support WinXP.