Kodi Community Forum
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=172394)

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - capfuturo - 2014-05-17

Hi DanCooper,

Just reporting some issues with Ember 1.4 latest beta (Windows 8.1):

1)
1.1) Store themes in sub-folder will not stick after selected and will revert to 'Store themes in movie directory'. This causes a library set up with themes inside 'Themes folder to not show up on Embers list panel. Clicking 'Apply' brings the errorlogger: ERROR,"Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Ember_Media_Manager.dlgSettings.SaveSettings(Boolean isApply)"

1.2) The sub-folder is created and saved by TvTunes with default name 'Themes' in plural, not 'Theme' which would lead to not finding the folder. It would require the user to manually correct this every-time in their settings when actually it can be corrected in Ember default settings (next beta release)?
2)
2.1) I believe this has been reported happening in TV shows already, however it happens to me in movies too: Disc, clearart, landscape & logo (don't know if could be the case for any other type of file that I don't have in the folder to test) do not show when movies are first scanned to list panel. Only after reolading manually on a by-video basis, they get to show up.
2.2) Theme tick doesn't show up because the Themes are in sub-folders 'Themes' and the setting doesn't currently 'apply and save', as explained in item 1).
After refreshing the single video:
2.3) 'Themes' folders are being scanned into video list (they contain audio files in formats different than mp3 and using any name not just theme.mp3, which is a new support in TvTunes). Files such as .cue sheets (usually accompanying .flac files) are beings scanned too.
2.4) Because of new support for multiple themes and any random name the user wants, any existent audio theme named different than 'theme.mp3' is not being recognised at the moment by Ember. For instance a whole soundtrack album could be indeed inside the 'Themes' folder as per image below:
2.5) There could even be just a tvtunes.nfo (see image below) pointing to a theme somewhere else, e.g. the folder for the soundtrack album of the movie in the music library; or both, a theme and a tvtunes.nfo which for practical purposes mean the same. This in turn means that if Ember finds a tvtunes.nfo inside a 'Themes', it should be consider that that video has an audio theme and a tick should show under the theme column.
ImageImage

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - ss4johnny - 2014-05-17

In the beta, I noticed that when I did the scrape with it set on ask if not exact match for multiple movies, the file path bar at the very top does not match the actual movie it is asking you about. It still puts everything in the right place though.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - DanCooper - 2014-05-17

(2014-05-17, 21:32)capfuturo Wrote: Hi DanCooper,

Just reporting some issues with Ember 1.4 latest beta (Windows 8.1):

1)
1.1) Store themes in sub-folder will not stick after selected and will revert to 'Store themes in movie directory'. This causes a library set up with themes inside 'Themes folder to not show up on Embers list panel. Clicking 'Apply' brings the errorlogger: ERROR,"Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Ember_Media_Manager.dlgSettings.SaveSettings(Boolean isApply)"

1.2) The sub-folder is created and saved by TvTunes with default name 'Themes' in plural, not 'Theme' which would lead to not finding the folder. It would require the user to manually correct this every-time in their settings when actually it can be corrected in Ember default settings (next beta release)?
2)
2.1) I believe this has been reported happening in TV shows already, however it happens to me in movies too: Disc, clearart, landscape & logo (don't know if could be the case for any other type of file that I don't have in the folder to test) do not show when movies are first scanned to list panel. Only after reolading manually on a by-video basis, they get to show up.
2.2) Theme tick doesn't show up because the Themes are in sub-folders 'Themes' and the setting doesn't currently 'apply and save', as explained in item 1).

Error while saving:
Please check the hints i have writed in download thread (that point with "Featch avaible languages"): Link

1.2) I have changed that for next release. But you must change that manually if you use existing settings.
2.1) It's fixed for next release ( i forgot to add the new images/content to initial scanner process)
2.2) Yes Tongue

(2014-05-17, 22:13)ss4johnny Wrote: In the beta, I noticed that when I did the scrape with it set on ask if not exact match for multiple movies, the file path bar at the very top does not match the actual movie it is asking you about. It still puts everything in the right place though.

It's fixed now, thx.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - capfuturo - 2014-05-18

(2014-05-17, 22:14)DanCooper Wrote: Error while saving:
Please check the hints i have writed in download thread (that point with "Featch avaible languages"): Link
Got it Image

Just added items 2.3), 2.4) & 2.5) plus detailed image to post #736 (you know about that already though I though sensible to register them on a post ;-) )

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Thales - 2014-05-18

Thanks Dan and the others for the answers about APIs and the problem last night. I went back to my old 1.3.18 on that same machine and it too started giving those object reference errors every time I did anything. The only change I had made to that computer was upgrading to the latest .net.

I then installed latest 1.4 beta on brand new Windows 8.1 machine. Same thing. Object reference errors all the time. Then I installed a new 1.3.20 in the same Windows 8.1 machine and it too gives Object reference errors every time I click anything. Clicking on any movie give 4 of those errors. And I had already installed the latest .net for another program.

So I'm thinking the newest .net is causing all those errors for me. But I'm certainly no programmer, so who knows?

I'll see if I can downgrade to an older version of .net and see if that does anything.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Pr.Sinister - 2014-05-18

(2014-05-18, 01:57)Thales Wrote: object reference errors

For the 1.4 problem where you can't save settings and you get Object Reference Errors, you need to go to the TV Shows settings (even if you don't use TV Shows) and Fetch Available Languages and choose one.

You will now be able to save your settings without that error and all the implemented functions will work.

-Pr.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - ralfonat - 2014-05-18

First of all let me express a huge thanks for picking up Ember, it's a fantastic app and you are doing a tremendous job, Thank You!

a) I was wondering if others have the same thinking as me, that after a certain time you want to update all your ratings of all movies. When movies are new and first scanned there arent many votes and the rating could change drastically.

How would you update a big number of movies with just imdb rating? What is the best and quickest way?

b) Just a minor thing: When I use Update Library -> Ask -> Trailer Only sometimes I get a MsgBox "Trailer of your preferred size could not be found, please choose another..." but I never get to chose anything. It's good that it automatically picks something, but I think the MsgBox should not show?[/align]

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - DanCooper - 2014-05-18

(2014-05-18, 09:28)ralfonat Wrote: First of all let me express a huge thanks for picking up Ember, it's a fantastic app and you are doing a tremendous job, Thank You!

a) I was wondering if others have the same thinking as me, that after a certain time you want to update all your ratings of all movies. When movies are new and first scanned there arent many votes and the rating could change drastically.

How would you update a big number of movies with just imdb rating? What is the best and quickest way?

b) Just a minor thing: When I use Update Library -> Ask -> Trailer Only sometimes I get a MsgBox "Trailer of your preferred size could not be found, please choose another..." but I never get to chose anything. It's good that it automatically picks something, but I think the MsgBox should not show?[/align]

a) You can us the "Scrape Media -> Custom Srcaper" to update only Rating and Votes in NFO
b) It's not implemented atm.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - ss4johnny - 2014-05-18

@DanCooper, On the subject of ratings, I'm experiencing some weird behavior. I've got both the imdb and tmdb scraper checked. I would prefer to use the imdb one, but not everything in my library shows up in imdb. So I had the rating and votes checked on both and updated a movie, but the rating that gets put in is from moviedb, even though it is looking up the movie on imdb first. I had to de-select ratings/votes from moviedb to get it to show up right. I should probably keep it that way anyway (imdb has more votes and you really can't compare them to moviedb ratings anyway since moviedb isn't using a Bayesian estimate, which frustrates me to no end).

Also, I tried out the custom scraper, which looks to be quite helpful (if it was there before I just hadn't used it), I had it set on ask if no exact match. I was only doing it for movies that were already in ember. It only asked me about 1 movie (a documentary that isn't in imdb at all). I take it to mean that it doesn't have to ask if it already knows what the movie is, even if I used. It seems that it is also providing the imdb information regardless of whether I scrapped it initially with imdb or moviedb. It seems like that's a positive, though I'm not entirely sure. In some cases it looks like the directors in there twice now.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - publicENEMY - 2014-05-21

cant change movie poster.

edit movie - poster - change poster (scrape) - choose the desired poster - ok - (can see that the poster has changed) ok - (back in the main interface, the poster has reverted back to when it was) (double check the movie poster, the poster is the old poster)

here are some settings thats i set(different from default)
movie - file and sources - file naming - expert - (checked use) - Poster = folder.jpg
movie - scraper images - poster - (uncheck ovewrite existing)

it is as if emm cant overwrite existing poster due to above.

thanks.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - toineb - 2014-05-21

(2014-05-21, 04:27)publicENEMY Wrote: cant change movie poster.

edit movie - poster - change poster (scrape) - choose the desired poster - ok - (can see that the poster has changed) ok - (back in the main interface, the poster has reverted back to when it was) (double check the movie poster, the poster is the old poster)

movie - file and sources - file naming - expert - (checked use) - Poster = folder.jpg

thanks.

Sorry I am not at home at the moment, so I can't check my settings but reading your post have you tried poster = poster.jpg ?

(2014-05-16, 09:24)DanCooper Wrote: Filenames for Frodo/Gotham are:
poster.jpg
fanart.jpg
banner.jpg
landscape.jpg
logo.png
clearart.png
characterart.png
seasonXX-poster.jpg
seasonXX-fanart.jpg
seasonXX-banner.jpg
seasonXX-landscape.jpg
season-all-poster.jpg
season-all-fanart.jpg
season-all-banner.jpg
season-all-landscape.jpg

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - DanCooper - 2014-05-21

(2014-05-21, 11:47)toineb Wrote:

thanks.

Sorry I am not at home at the moment, so I can't check my settings but reading your post have you tried poster = poster.jpg ?

poster.jpg
fanart.jpg
banner.jpg
landscape.jpg
logo.png
clearart.png
characterart.png
seasonXX-poster.jpg
seasonXX-fanart.jpg
seasonXX-banner.jpg
seasonXX-landscape.jpg
season-all-poster.jpg
season-all-fanart.jpg
season-all-banner.jpg
season-all-landscape.jpg

That's not the problem.

I have found a bug in "Edit Movie" window in combination with unchecked "Overwrite existing" settings.
It's fixed now for next beta release.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Tomkun - 2014-05-21

Could you please explain how I can use ember to scrape and rename a 3D movie?

I have some top and bottom 3D movies which I would like to scrape with Ember. The multiview field is set to 2, but I don't see anyway of telling Ember that it is a 3D movie and it thinks the source is bluray.

If I need to set the source manually, what should it be?

Thank you.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - AnthonyJS02 - 2014-05-21

(2014-05-21, 12:29)DanCooper Wrote:
(2014-05-21, 11:47)toineb Wrote:

thanks.

poster.jpg
fanart.jpg
banner.jpg
landscape.jpg
logo.png
clearart.png
characterart.png
seasonXX-poster.jpg
seasonXX-fanart.jpg
seasonXX-banner.jpg
seasonXX-landscape.jpg
season-all-poster.jpg
season-all-fanart.jpg
season-all-banner.jpg
season-all-landscape.jpg

That's not the problem.

I have found a bug in "Edit Movie" window in combination with unchecked "Overwrite existing" settings.
It's fixed now for next beta release.

How is the next release coming along? Anything new and exciting or mainly trying to get tv shows scraping fanart.tv?

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - DanCooper - 2014-05-21

(2014-05-21, 15:07)AnthonyJS02 Wrote: How is the next release coming along? Anything new and exciting or mainly trying to get tv shows scraping fanart.tv?

I think next weekend at the latest.

There will be many new things and above all, many bug fixes. More I will not tell Tongue