Kodi Community Forum
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=172394)

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - capfuturo - 2014-05-26

Hi Guys,

Just a new observation regarding the bulk renamer when a new audio codec has been mapped in order to correct multiple video files (already scraped) that have been saved with an undesired codec. It seems there is no way to quickly do this rather than just re-scrape the whole file again? I am talking about just re-writing the audio/video metadata according to the new mapped codecs and nothing else, so we can get the right flags to show up in XBMC. This should be a fairly quick process and nothing related to fanart scraping, ratings, actors, etc...

... and what if I need to manually assign a new non-listed audio/video codec to a single video from within the metadata editor, how do I do so?

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - DanCooper - 2014-05-26

(2014-05-26, 14:53)capfuturo Wrote: Hi Guys,

Just a new observation regarding the bulk renamer when a new audio codec has been mapped in order to correct multiple video files (already scraped) that have been saved with an undesired codec. It seems there is no way to quickly do this rather than just re-scrape the whole file again? I am talking about just re-writing the audio/video metadata according to the new mapped codecs and nothing else, so we can get the right flags to show up in XBMC. This should be a fairly quick process and nothing related to fanart scraping, ratings, actors, etc...

For multiple movies, you can use the "Custom Scraper" (in "Scrape Media" menu) to rescrape metadata only.

(2014-05-26, 15:10)capfuturo Wrote: ... and what if I need to manually assign a new non-listed audio/video codec to a single video from within the metadata editor, how do I do so?

I think this list is hard coded. Please add a feature request to add e new option for manual editing.

Some more feedback with regards to 'Cancelling All Processes...' whilst doing a 'All Movies'->'Automatic Force Best Match'->'All Items' scrape:

(2014-05-26, 16:34)DanCooper Wrote:
(2014-05-26, 14:53)capfuturo Wrote: Hi Guys,

For multiple movies, you can use the "Custom Scraper" (in "Scrape Media" menu) to rescrape metadata only.

That did the trick! Thanks very much. As I was using this function I realised it could be improved by adding the following, if possible (image below). Will add the feature request to the Ember's bugtracker.

(2014-05-26, 19:40)capfuturo Wrote: That did the trick! Thanks very much. As I was using this function I realised it could be improved by adding the following, if possible (image below). Will add the feature request to the Ember's bugtracker.

Done for "Modifiers" and "Options". No request needed.

(2014-05-26, 19:43)DanCooper Wrote: Done for "Modifiers" and "Options". No request needed.
Thanks!

Found another issue with renaming (besides the one I reported earlier with movie collections):

1) Whilst Ember handles irregular file name gapping very well for files that are not stacked, this has to do with the impossibility for Ember to deal with irregular gapping on multipart video files (stack of files). Hence, we end up with fanart and nfo files with normalised gapping (when it shouldn't) whilst the original files stay with their irregular gapping:

2) Trailers are not recognised if there is a space before the hyphen ( -trailer.ext) such as in the example below. This happens for single video files or multi-part files regardless.

Results after movie has been scraped (Ember doesn't respect the original gapping), which leads to a discrepancy that can't just be fixed via bulk renamer:

Bulk renamer doesn't understand what is going on:

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - m.savazzi - 2014-05-26

Am I the only one that gets this deadlocks in the error/info screens?

Maybe for 5 minutes... then I get an alert dialog (error) and all runs...

like if we are messing up the event queue

(2014-05-26, 20:06)capfuturo Wrote: Found another issue with renaming (besides the one I reported earlier with movie collections):

1) Whilst Ember handles irregular file name gapping very well for files that are not stacked, this has to do with the impossibility for Ember to deal with irregular gapping on multipart video files (stack of files). Hence, we end up with fanart and nfo files with normalised gapping (when it shouldn't) whilst the original files stay with their irregular gapping:

2) Trailers are not recognised if there is a space before the hyphen ( -trailer.ext) such as in the example below. This happens for single video files or multi-part files regardless.

Results after movie has been scraped (Embers doesn't respect the original gapping), which leads to a discrepancy that can't just be fixed via bulk renamer:

Bulk renamer doesn't understand what is going on:

Why you need multiple spaces in names? not clear to me

@m.savazzi: I don't need them :-) I am trying to get rid of them, and certainly not manually! This is just an example since it could be any form of irregular gapping (intentionally or unintentionally made). Renaming the files effectively by identifying which are the patterns to be renamed and then cleansing the double gaps between them so all the files dependant on the video file name are consistent is what makes the management of the media successful. Can you imagine finding a mess after scraping inside the folder of my stacked movies just because some of them may have a extra space? That is a big NO I guess.

What I think is going on here is that Ember is not respecting the name of the video file, for instance <movie>.mkv and is rather applying certain cleansing before having all the scrape done, which end up in discrepancy of file names when the outcome of the scrape is saved to the folder(new fanart, nfo, poster, subtitles, etc) with respect to the original files found in the folder. I guess the cleansing and normalisation should come once all the files are in place after the scrape (manually or automatically) so renaming and cleansing produce the same new <movie> for all the files in the folder managed by Ember.

EDIT: just found out that single movies (non-stacked video files) have a similar issue if there is a gap before the file extension, e.g: Oblivion (2013) Bluray 1080p DTS-5.1 .mkv

(2014-05-26, 21:04)capfuturo Wrote: @m.savazzi: I don't need them :-) I am trying to get rid of them, and certainly not manually! This is just an example since it could be any form of irregular gapping (intentionally or unintentionally made). Renaming the files effectively by identifying which are the patterns to be renamed and then cleansing the double gaps between them so all the files dependant on the video file name are consistent is what makes the management of the media successful.

I'm not sure if that's the problem.
For tags that are not always filled You have to use this:

Code:
$- = Remove previous char if next pattern does not have a value
$+ = Remove next char if previous pattern does not have a value
$^ = Remove previous and next char if next pattern does not have a value

(2014-05-26, 21:10)DanCooper Wrote:
(2014-05-26, 21:04)capfuturo Wrote: @m.savazzi: I don't need them :-) I am trying to get rid of them, and certainly not manually! This is just an example since it could be any form of irregular gapping (intentionally or unintentionally made). Renaming the files effectively by identifying which are the patterns to be renamed and then cleansing the double gaps between them so all the files dependant on the video file name are consistent is what makes the management of the media successful.

I'm not sure if that's the problem.
For tags that are not always filled You have to use this:

Code:
$- = Remove previous char if next pattern does not have a value
$+ = Remove next char if previous pattern does not have a value
$^ = Remove previous and next char if next pattern does not have a value

Hi Dan Cooper,

Look at this two images below. The first one shows you the original files and the next one, the files saved by ember right after the scrape (before any renaming takes place yet). The name of the original video file is not respected and therefore can't command exactly how all the scraped online data is going to be named as it populates the folder, leading to a discrepancy prior any attempt to rename using the renaming patterns. The new files are stripped from the original gap (before the file extension) and also are being given the new release year. Do you see? How to rename this? Is like having files from two different videos.

Image Image

The above was taken with the following Module - Renamer configuration:

Bug - Pr.Sinister - 2014-05-27

Hi,

There is a bug where if you add a new source that contains already scraped movies, it will not recognize all the artwork when you use Expert naming.

For example, this movie has all the possible artwork already downloaded:

Ember is configure this way:

Yet, when adding the source, Ember doesn't see some of the artwork:

If i rescrape the movie, it lets me pick everything and then knows the artwork is there:

And yet, the folder is still the same:

Created a bug report : http://bugs.embermediamanager.org/thebuggenie/embermediamanager/issues/121

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - DanCooper - 2014-05-27

(2014-05-27, 17:15)Pr.Sinister Wrote: Created a bug report : http://bugs.embermediamanager.org/thebuggenie/embermediamanager/issues/121

It's already fixed for next release.
But thank you for using bug tracker Angel

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - toineb - 2014-05-29

(2014-05-27, 17:28)DanCooper Wrote:
(2014-05-27, 17:15)Pr.Sinister Wrote: Created a bug report : http://bugs.embermediamanager.org/thebuggenie/embermediamanager/issues/121

It's already fixed for next release.
But thank you for using bug tracker Angel

Hello Dan

(sorry have to ask) How are things progressing with the next release ?