Kodi Community Forum
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=172394)

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - T-bird_se - 2014-08-23

Doesn't work at all
Fresh install
As soon I setup an source it crash, if I do it on initial startup or skipping and do it under setting doesn't matter

Here is a log http://pastebin.com/qpWmLgKv

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - AlderaaN - 2014-08-23

(2014-08-23, 22:26)DanCooper Wrote: Install VLC x86 if you can not edit movies.
Indeed I have VLC v2.1.5 x86 in my system, but I'm using the 'Zip package', not the 'Installer package'.

Can you please provide a solution either via GUI or via XML editing so I can avoid using the installer version of VLC?

EDIT:
Something along the lines of "Path to DTLite.exe", but in this case for VLC would be great!

I would prefer if VLC didn't modify settings in my OS which is why I'm using the 'Zip package'.

AW: RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - DanCooper - 2014-08-23

(2014-08-23, 22:34)AnthonyJS02 Wrote: Dan looking forward to trying new release. So just to double check we CANT use old settings? And not sure if missed it but did fanart.tv image scraping for tv get added?
Theoretically you can use old settings.xml and AdvancedSettings.xml, but if you have issues please try it first with new xmls.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - toineb - 2014-08-23

(2014-08-23, 22:42)T-bird_se Wrote: Doesn't work at all
Fresh install
As soon I setup an source it crash, if I do it on initial startup or skipping and do it under setting doesn't matter

Here is a log http://pastebin.com/qpWmLgKv

+1 same here

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - metalbeast - 2014-08-23

(2014-08-23, 22:26)DanCooper Wrote: Install VLC x86 if you can not edit movies.

Did that, but no change, same problem.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - DanCooper - 2014-08-23

Ok, I'm not at home, I will check the logs tomorrow.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - toineb - 2014-08-24

(2014-08-23, 23:48)DanCooper Wrote: Ok, I'm not at home, I will check the logs tomorrow.

Thanks Dan, I have read through all the changes you guys have made.. WOW you have been busy

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - solamnic - 2014-08-24

Ember crashes when it starts (after setting language, paths). (when it is starting to check for movies, it checks about 10 then the crash occurs)

My Log File

http://pastebin.com/cEVz0mpR

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - DanCooper - 2014-08-24

Ok, here is the first workaround for the problem that Ember crashes on database update:

Change the value manually to "False" in default advancedsettings (.\Ember Media Manager BETA\Defaults\DefaultAdvancedSettings.xml) and your advancedsettings (.\Ember Media Manager BETA\Settings\AdvancedSettings.xml):

Code:
<Setting Section="generic.EmberCore.Notifications" Content="None" Name="NotifyOnNewMovie" DefaultValue="">False</Setting>
<Setting Section="generic.EmberCore.Notifications" Content="None" Name="NotifyOnNewEp" DefaultValue="">False</Setting>

I also have found a bug with DefaultGenres.xml and other default XML's.

If you have this error in log file,

Code:
EmberAPI.APIXML.CacheXMLs

please try a fresh installation to get them files back in Defaults folder.

Then fix that issue i have posted above.

The bug is that Ember moves the files instead of copying them.

(2014-08-24, 15:30)DanCooper Wrote: Ok, here is the first workaround for the problem that Ember crashes on database update:

Change the value manually to "False" in default advancedsettings (.\Ember Media Manager BETA\Defaults\DefaultAdvancedSettings.xml) and your advancedsettings (.\Ember Media Manager BETA\Settings\AdvancedSettings.xml):

Code:
<Setting Section="generic.EmberCore.Notifications" Content="None" Name="NotifyOnNewMovie" DefaultValue="">False</Setting>
<Setting Section="generic.EmberCore.Notifications" Content="None" Name="NotifyOnNewEp" DefaultValue="">False</Setting>

Code:

Thanks Dan

A fresh install and the above fix has allowed me to scan and add my library, I will scrape it all now and report back

Many Thanks

(2014-08-24, 15:30)DanCooper Wrote: Ok, here is the first workaround for the problem that Ember crashes on database update:

Code:

Code:

First solution also worked for me... now ember is updating..

Thank youuuuu Nod

also a suggestion ..
in movie - tv it displays Frodo - Eden.. Maybe also Add Gotham - Helix (as names) ?

Just wanted to share my first impressions.

I am not sure, if my settings for the last beta were wrong in someway but the new beta just seems to work so much faster and smoother artwork just appears, whereas before it used to take a little time and the actual searching of movies when you scrape them also feels so so much faster

Thanks for all your hard work

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - T-bird_se - 2014-08-24

Thx, working here also

Haven't scraped anything yet only loading current material.

Can you say something about naming conventions for artwork now used, I still have to setup banner.jpg in expert mode to get recognized and there seems to be some missing items in tv-shows also, I shall analyse that later this evening

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - DanCooper - 2014-08-24

(2014-08-24, 17:38)T-bird_se Wrote: Thx, working here also

Haven't scraped anything yet only loading current material.

Can you say something about naming conventions for artwork now used, I still have to setup banner.jpg in expert mode to get recognized and there seems to be some missing items in tv-shows also, I shall analyse that later this evening

Add banner.jpg in expert mode, disable poster and fanarts in ArtworkDownloader.

Mediainfo data not scrapped correctly..

dts is scrapped as a_dts
h264 scrapped as mpeg4... something Smile

ac3 as a_ac3

land scape picture nees a . (dot) or -

movie.landscape.jpg
<movie>-landscape.jpg

now ember does
<movie>landscape.jpg
lets say
Hall.Pass.2011.720plandscape.jpg