Kodi Community Forum
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=172394)

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - boppyman - 2014-10-22

Thanks it works brilliantly now.

I guess i can get rid of all the <filename>-imagetype.ext's now to free up some space because they are not needed?

Only leaving <filename>-poster.jpg and <filename>-fanart.jpg?

EDIT: How would i go about cleaning the folders up?, i haven't used EMM for a while i remember it used to have a clean-up function because i used it and lost everything LOL

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - SmoothEmJay - 2014-10-22

I literally just reinstalled VLC *with* ActiveX plugin and I still can't access the "Edit Movie" dialogue. Granted this is on 64-bit hardware.

Never mind, had to install the 32 bit version of VLC for it to work.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - sanjonny - 2014-10-23

I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or misunderstanding how it is supposed to work. I have some tv shows and they were not scraped or whatever properly in the past. When I use the latest version 1.4.0.5 I can see in the list that they are missing the fanart or whatever. I thought that when I did the refresh data, since it pulled images, it would pull the missing info/art or whatever, but it does not seem to do that.

I have to rescrape to be able to get the updated images or the missing images. Since I have many of these via the changes over the last couple versions and of course my own preference changes and understanding, that seems to mean that I would have to rescrape almost my entire tv library to get the ones that are missing something. I had thought that refresh data would do that since it goes thru the image process.

I guess I want to make sure I get this right or if there is a problem and if I have it wrong, why does refresh data download images and such anyway. I guess I am confused how it is supposed to work. I originally though refresh data would just pull the new info for current tv shows like active ones where we do not know the new episode titles yet, but then I saw it doing images and thought they just would update them, but now I am just confused. Everything else seems to be working great so far.

And a third question. What is the consequence if I have a network location that only is on part time vs my main locations that are on full time. When the database is updated automatically..like when installing a new version or whatever, will that location lose all the info until it is back online, or is there a way to have it only scrape that location when manually done. I read the thread about this a few places but don't quite understand how this works currently as it seems the changes that are documented are not how it seems to work (at least what I have seen)

Thanks for all your hard work

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - publicENEMY - 2014-10-23

(2014-10-22, 19:13)DanCooper Wrote:
(2014-10-22, 18:50)publicENEMY Wrote:
(2014-10-22, 10:46)DanCooper Wrote:

As I have already written:

To disable trailer link scraping in NFO:
- disable Trailer in Movies -> Scrapers-Data -> Scraper Fields - Global (if you want that existing links in movie NFOs be deleted: enable Cleanup disabled Fields and do a rescrape)

To enable trailer downloading:
- check Enable Trailer Support in Movies -> Scrapers-Trailer
- enable one or more trailer scrapers in the list

Ahh. That clear things up. And by rescrape you mean Update Library?

Thanks.

No, Update Library does only search new files.

You can use this little trick to clean all trailer fields in NFO:
- disable trailer in global scraper fields
- enable "Cleanup disabled fields"
- Use "Custom Scraper" in "Scrape Movies" menu to rescrape only trailer links (select only NFO as Modifier and Trailer as Options)

Now Ember starts to rescraping trailer links, but Ember does clear the field if trailers are not enabled in settings :-)
We are working on a proper solution to clean specific fields, but this should be working also.

Thanks. Will do that.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - DanCooper - 2014-10-23

(2014-10-22, 21:56)boppyman Wrote: Thanks it works brilliantly now.

I guess i can get rid of all the <filename>-imagetype.ext's now to free up some space because they are not needed?

Only leaving <filename>-poster.jpg and <filename>-fanart.jpg?

EDIT: How would i go about cleaning the folders up?, i haven't used EMM for a while i remember it used to have a clean-up function because i used it and lost everything LOL

Again, you can enable ALL Frodo defaults and add only banner.jpg to the expert settings. Frodo poster and fanart are <filename>-poster.jpg and <filename>-fanart.jpg.
If you want you can disable Frodo banner default, this filename is unused by XBMC and Artwork Downloader.

I would not use the cleaning function at the time.

(2014-10-22, 22:33)SmoothEmJay Wrote: I literally just reinstalled VLC *with* ActiveX plugin and I still can't access the "Edit Movie" dialogue. Granted this is on 64-bit hardware.

Never mind, had to install the 32 bit version of VLC for it to work.

As it is written in the download thread ....

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - shaktoo - 2014-10-23

Dan everything 's back to working brilliantly again. Excellent work & Thank you's to you and the team ( yeah cocotus & m.savazzi that's you bro's I'm talkin' about Smile
Just a quick observation, why not now include Kodi Helix compatibility button in GUI and remove the frodo in settings ?

(2014-10-23, 00:09)sanjonny Wrote: I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or misunderstanding how it is supposed to work. I have some tv shows and they were not scraped or whatever properly in the past. When I use the latest version 1.4.0.5 I can see in the list that they are missing the fanart or whatever. I thought that when I did the refresh data, since it pulled images, it would pull the missing info/art or whatever, but it does not seem to do that.

I have to rescrape to be able to get the updated images or the missing images. Since I have many of these via the changes over the last couple versions and of course my own preference changes and understanding, that seems to mean that I would have to rescrape almost my entire tv library to get the ones that are missing something. I had thought that refresh data would do that since it goes thru the image process.

I guess I want to make sure I get this right or if there is a problem and if I have it wrong, why does refresh data download images and such anyway. I guess I am confused how it is supposed to work. I originally though refresh data would just pull the new info for current tv shows like active ones where we do not know the new episode titles yet, but then I saw it doing images and thought they just would update them, but now I am just confused. Everything else seems to be working great so far.

And a third question. What is the consequence if I have a network location that only is on part time vs my main locations that are on full time. When the database is updated automatically..like when installing a new version or whatever, will that location lose all the info until it is back online, or is there a way to have it only scrape that location when manually done. I read the thread about this a few places but don't quite understand how this works currently as it seems the changes that are documented are not how it seems to work (at least what I have seen)

Thanks for all your hard work

First, Ember can only download posters, banners, fanarts and epsiode posters atm. All other image types like Landscape, ClearArt can only added manually in Edit Show/Season dialog.

Rescrape and Refresh Data is the same, but Refresh Data does not display the Image Select dialog.
That means, all existing show/season poster/fanart are untouched, Ember try to get missing posters/fanarts, download the latest info ZIP from thetvdb and rewrites all epsiode NFOs and episodes posters (thumbs).

Since version 1.4.0.5 Ember do always check the age of existing info ZIP file. If it's older than 12h, Ember get again the latest info ZIP from thetvdb. This is very usefull to get new episode titles and informations.
The download process is controlled by this 12h age and your Re-Download settings.

For offline drives you have multiple options:
- disable "Clean Database after Update" in movie and tv show settings -> Ember do no longer check if a file is available
- set a movie source to "Ignore on DB Update" -> Ember only search for new movies on this source, if you have manually select the source in Update Database submenu (but this has nothing to do with cleaning DB or "Rescrape only online drives")
- do NOT manually start Tools -> Cleanup Database, this will cleanup all sources (same like in XBMC, offline movies will be removed from database)

We don't have a solution for "Rescrape only all online sources" or "Rescrape only all movie sources that no be irgnored by DB update"... or something else.

(2014-10-23, 10:30)shaktoo Wrote: Dan everything 's back to working brilliantly again. Excellent work & Thank you's to you and the team ( yeah cocotus & m.savazzi that's you bro's I'm talkin' about Smile
Just a quick observation, why not now include Kodi Helix compatibility button in GUI and remove the frodo in settings ?

Thank you mate Cool

I think we only change the text/discription in filename defaults from Frodo to "v.12.0 +" or something else. I don't want change all the setting.xml nodes like <MovieBannerFrodo>, <MovieClearArtFrodo>, <MovieNFOFrodo> .... to a new name. It's too much effort for nothing.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - boppyman - 2014-10-23

(2014-10-23, 10:14)DanCooper Wrote: Again, you can enable ALL Frodo defaults and add only banner.jpg to the expert settings. Frodo poster and fanart are <filename>-poster.jpg and <filename>-fanart.jpg.
If you want you can disable Frodo banner default, this filename is unused by XBMC and Artwork Downloader.

Thanks mate i did that and it has all the files named correctly but i have leftover files (5 each film) with <filename> in front i want to get rid of. Is there any easy way of doing this but keeping the poster and fanart?

I've also re-scraped all my films to their update trailers links and other stuff, would the easiest way to get them all back in XBMC updated be to delete the whole "films" folder that contains them all and re add it?

Also is there any other way to add scrapers? i would love to have this scraper in it http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=162704

(2014-10-23, 13:48)boppyman Wrote:
(2014-10-23, 10:14)DanCooper Wrote: Again, you can enable ALL Frodo defaults and add only banner.jpg to the expert settings. Frodo poster and fanart are <filename>-poster.jpg and <filename>-fanart.jpg.

Thanks mate i did that and it has all the files named correctly but i have leftover files (5 each film) with <filename> in front i want to get rid of. Is there any easy way of doing this but keeping the poster and fanart?

I've also re-scraped all my films to their update trailers links and other stuff, would the easiest way to get them all back in XBMC updated be to delete the whole "films" folder that contains them all and re add it?

Also is there any other way to add scrapers? i would love to have this scraper in it http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=162704

I would use windows explorer search on movies source with "-discart", "-clearart", "-logo" and "-landscape". After this use "Tools -> Reload all Movies" to cleanup paths in Ember DB.

I would remove the source from XBMC and re add it.

There is no easy way to add new scraper. If you can code in vb.net, you can create your own scrapers for Ember.
The using of XBMC XML scrapers is a feature that we have planned for Ember 1.5.x.

Brilliant thanks mate.

This has come on leaps and bound since i last used it, well done on implementing all this new stuff making it easier for us all. Wink

I love the theme bit as well, i knew it was possible for shows but not films. Its great checking out the info on The Good, the Bad the Ugly now haha

Out of curiosity after adding the source again, would exporting (video> export library) from XBMC mess up anything?

The reason being i need to use the scraper in XBMC to scrape MMA events, then i have to export to save them back to my folders.

(2014-10-23, 14:13)boppyman Wrote: Brilliant thanks mate.

This has come on leaps and bound since i last used it, well done on implementing all this new stuff making it easier for us all. Wink

I love the theme bit as well, i knew it was possible for shows but not films. Its great checking out the info on The Good, the Bad the Ugly now haha

Out of curiosity after adding the source again, would exporting (video> export library) from XBMC mess up anything?

The reason being i need to use the scraper in XBMC to scrape MMA events, then i have to export to save them back to my folders.

I think XBMC export do overwrite all existing NFOs. Ember save more informations in NFO than XBMC. It's possible that you loose some "Ember only" informations.

Maybe if you say NO to the question "overwrite existing files", XBMC do not touch existing NFOs....

OK brilliant, thanks for your help and very quick responses Smile

(2014-10-23, 13:55)DanCooper Wrote:
(2014-10-23, 13:48)boppyman Wrote:

I would use windows explorer search on movies source with "-discart", "-clearart", "-logo" and "-landscape". After this use "Tools -> Reload all Movies" to cleanup paths in Ember DB.

I would remove the source from XBMC and re add it.

There is no easy way to add new scraper. If you can code in vb.net, you can create your own scrapers for Ember.
The using of XBMC XML scrapers is a feature that we have planned for Ember 1.5.x.

(2014-10-23, 14:28)DanCooper Wrote:
(2014-10-23, 14:13)boppyman Wrote: Brilliant thanks mate.

I think XBMC export do overwrite all existing NFOs. Ember save more informations in NFO than XBMC. It's possible that you loose some "Ember only" informations.

Maybe if you say NO to the question "overwrite existing files", XBMC do not touch existing NFOs....

I've just finished off rebuilding my whole library and everything went great Smile

One thing i have noticed is when choosing "no" to overwrite existing it doesn't overwrite anything but it does add <filename>-diskart.png and <filename>-clearlogo.png back to every folder haha

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - McButton - 2014-10-24

Anyone having issues scraping the clearart/ clearlogo/ discart? It doesn't seem to work, no matter what settings I use.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - brunosso - 2014-10-24

(2014-10-24, 03:18)McButton Wrote: Anyone having issues scraping the clearart/ clearlogo/ discart? It doesn't seem to work, no matter what settings I use.

As Dan already reply....

(2014-10-23, 10:37)DanCooper Wrote: First, Ember can only download posters, banners, fanarts and epsiode posters atm. All other image types like Landscape, ClearArt can only added manually in Edit Show/Season dialog.