Kodi Community Forum
Black Screen after disabling "Show in windowed-full screen ..." - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Mac OS X (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Thread: Black Screen after disabling "Show in windowed-full screen ..." (/showthread.php?tid=173351)

Black Screen after disabling "Show in windowed-full screen ..." - efty.edge - 2013-09-12

Hi,

I use XBMC 13 – Gotham – August Cycle on my Mac Mini 2009 on Mountain Lion, connected to one TV. Nothing more, except the latest OSX Updates, is installed!

When i try to disable the Switch "Show in windowed-full screen rather than true-full screen" my screen gets black.

I would like to try this setting, because some of my SD MKV tv-shows stutter and the fullscreen mode can fix it.

Can anyone please give me an advice!?

Thanx in advance.

Efty

RE: Black Screen after disabling "Show in windowed-full screen ..." - MagicMacMan - 2014-07-21

Thats what i like to know too! I can run XBMC only in "windowed-full screen" mode. When i enable "true-full screen" the TV turns black.
Normally i run two screens. One Samsung TV for XBMC and a second monitor which is only used to update the mac and do other configuration stuff. The second monitor is normally switched off.
To see if the second monitor causes the problem i disconnected it from the mini but even with only the Samsung TV running i can't switch to "true-full screen". The screen goes black as soon as i enable the "true-full screen" mode.

Is there something i (we) can do? Thank in advance for help!

My System:

XBMC 13.1 / Git: 20140604-84725b0 4.6.2014

Mac mini Late 2012
System: OS X 10.8.5 (Build 12F45) Darwin: 12.5.0 x86_64
IO5-3210M CPU @ 2.50 GHz
RAM: 4GB
Intel HD Graphics 4000 OpenGL Engine 512 MB
OpenGL Version: 2.1 Intel 8.16.78

Samsung 51" TV [email protected]
Medion 21" Monitor (Normally switched off)

RE: Black Screen after disabling "Show in windowed-full screen ..." - Memphiz - 2014-07-22

This feature is only available on snow leopard and in future versions the setting is not visible on newer osx versions (it just doesn't work on newer osx versions - hence the black screen).

RE: Black Screen after disabling "Show in windowed-full screen ..." - MagicMacMan - 2014-07-23

Thank you, Memphiz! Maybe you can tell me why this useful feature doesn't work on newer OS X versions?

RE: Black Screen after disabling "Show in windowed-full screen ..." - Ned Scott - 2014-07-23

You don't need that specific feature. You just need to turn off "blank other displays" under XBMC -> Settings -> System -> Video output

RE: Black Screen after disabling "Show in windowed-full screen ..." - Memphiz - 2014-07-23

(2014-07-23, 00:16)MagicMacMan Wrote: Thank you, Memphiz! Maybe you can tell me why this useful feature doesn't work on newer OS X versions?

Yeah just keep wasting my time - its a bug in sdl which will not be fixed (as upstream sdl is dead on the version we use and we aim to remove sdl completely in the future which is a bigger undertaking ...).

RE: Black Screen after disabling "Show in windowed-full screen ..." - MagicMacMan - 2014-10-20

Quote:Yeah just keep wasting my time...

I am really sorry that i steal your valuable time with my stupid noob questions. I am, then, all the more grateful that you answered so sympathetically and willingly and not to forget free of charge!

Thanks again and don't be upset about the long answer, i tried it to keep it as short as possible !!!

All the best!

RE: Black Screen after disabling "Show in windowed-full screen ..." - DracheMitch - 2018-04-02

3.5 years later and the bug still exists...

RE: Black Screen after disabling "Show in windowed-full screen ..." - DracheMitch - 2018-04-02

(2014-07-23, 11:36)Memphiz Wrote:
(2014-07-23, 00:16)MagicMacMan Wrote: Thank you, Memphiz! Maybe you can tell me why this useful feature doesn't work on newer OS X versions?

Yeah just keep wasting my time - its a bug in sdl which will not be fixed (as upstream sdl is dead on the version we use and we aim to remove sdl completely in the future which is a bigger undertaking ...). 
 3.5 years later and the bug still exists.