Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 (/showthread.php?tid=174501)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - mjccox - 2014-03-16

(2013-11-25, 15:35)Koentje85 Wrote: Hello everyone,

I'm am new to this forum, and I have a question about the skin Aeon MQ5. I just installed the skin yesterday and I love it.
There is one thing I want to know about this skin, why does it not show your cache/buffer size during playback of a video from youtube or some other internet source?
For me is that info very important because if I stream some video's I want to know how much he buffers. In almost every other skin this is showed like a lighter bar flowing forward in your playback screen.
Can someone tell me why this is? And if this is beiing fixed in the future? Till then is can't choose for the most beautyfull skin but I have the choose for functionalitySad
I really hope on a good answer because I really do want to use this skin.

Thanks in advance

I'm actually looking for an answer to this question too... I find the lighter coloured "buffer bar" helpful. Lets me know if the video is worth waiting for. Anyway, with so many customizable options on this skin I'm wondering if I missed a setting somewhere or if there's something I can do to get this function.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Samu-rai - 2014-03-16

(2014-03-13, 22:13)thrak76 Wrote: Is the HD-DVD flag missing from MQ5? I have quite a few HD-DVD rips and it only shows the standard DVD flag. BDs show up fine.

I'm using .hddvd. in the file titles.

Yeah. It is no more.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - mgmcube - 2014-03-16

How do I get this: Image

I want to use the main menu item 'Programs' to show me a widget with all my programs.
So like this, youtube, ice films, browser, Spotify, etc.

I can't enable widgets on programs, and can't add youtube to my favorites I think.
So how do I enable this?

Regards,
Martijn.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Samu-rai - 2014-03-16

(2014-03-16, 14:14)mgmcube Wrote: How do I get this: Image

I want to use the main menu item 'Programs' to show me a widget with all my programs.
So like this, youtube, ice films, browser, Spotify, etc.

I can't enable widgets on programs, and can't add youtube to my favorites I think.
So how do I enable this?

Regards,
Martijn.

It's called 'My Menu'. Add it to your home screen, and then add the items you want to show as widgets to it's submenu.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - mgmcube - 2014-03-16

(2014-03-16, 14:56)Samu-rai Wrote: It's called 'My Menu'. Add it to your home screen, and then add the items you want to show as widgets to it's submenu.

Thanks for your fast reply. It works. Makes It a lot easier to use the apps.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - DennisNY - 2014-03-17

I'm sure the answer to this is probably obvious. I'm trying this skin for the first time and previously used Aeon Nox 4. I have added my file sources but can't find how to associate my menu items with the sources. For example, for my menu item "kids movies" it should be linked to my kids movies folder on my network drive. The kids movies folder has already been added as a source. I can set up the menu items in the Skin > Settings > Customize Main Menu but I can't find where to link them to the file source. How do I link them?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Samu-rai - 2014-03-17

(2014-03-17, 02:59)DennisNY Wrote: I'm sure the answer to this is probably obvious. I'm trying this skin for the first time and previously used Aeon Nox 4. I have added my file sources but can't find how to associate my menu items with the sources. For example, for my menu item "kids movies" it should be linked to my kids movies folder on my network drive. The kids movies folder has already been added as a source. I can set up the menu items in the Skin > Settings > Customize Main Menu but I can't find where to link them to the file source. How do I link them?

XBMC doesn't work like that I’m afraid. You’ll need to use smart playlists.

This tutorial will put you in the right direction.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - mikebzh44 - 2014-03-18

@Marcos, a french user have some troubles with "In Progress" widgets based on TV Shows smart playlists.

After digging this issue, I realize that you may not call script randomandlastitems the right way.

You use only resume=True parameter for all "In Progress" custom menu widgets but "resume=True" work only as "In Progress" only for movies. With TV Shows, the script only show episodes partially watched (or episodes that could be resumed). Not "In progress" season (somes episodes watched and other not).

To get the correct behaviour with widgets, you have to use both paramaters (unwatched=True, resume=True) but only for TV shows / episodes smart playlists, not for movies.

I can't fixe this issue in the script as other skinners may want to display widgets based on "In progress" Episodes. Or may be this is what you always want to do and our french user missunderstood the "In Progress" widget.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - megalodon - 2014-03-18

(2013-11-03, 20:29)Slipx Wrote:
(2013-11-03, 03:13)sfnetwork Wrote:
(2013-10-31, 23:59)sfnetwork Wrote: Sorry to bring this back in your face again but after sooo much time on this issue (and money since I tried changing a ssd drive), I can't confirm that ONLY MQ5 has this issue.
ACE which is the closest in terms of design/screens never has this issue in my tests...

So far, here are what I tried:
-Different GPU card (also AMD and nVidia)
-Different TV/monitor
-Different ssd drive (including complete rebuild , Openelec)
-Redownload skin (and deleted all references in addons and packages (not relevant with previous test)
-Different cable (HDMI/DVI)
-Different resolution
-enable/disable watched indicator
-Complete SQL rebuild with new databases with new scanned library (centralized SQL using mySQL)
-Many different options in skin (all of them I think, lol)

This only happenning on specific PCs and I can't isolate why (one is Intel based and the other is AMD...)
Nothing in the logs about it...

To reproduce this (as a reminder), from home screen, I go in "Movies" submenu in "recently added" then from time to time, it goes to a black screen and stays like this until I reboot...
There MUST be something different when the screen is generated when going in "recently added" from sub menu between MQ5 and ACE, it wouldn't make sense that it's EXACTLY the same...

And since others (not alot) also reported this... I think it must be specific to a hardware but I just can't target it... And Since ACE is perfect in this area...

I just LOVE MQ5 so this is why I worked that hard to try to fix it but unfortunately for me, I will have to stick with ACE...
Really hope this can be fixed... (If we could ever find the issue...)

This is the last time I mention this (I'll stop nagging lol).
The black screen issue in submenu is still present only in MQ5 (not in Ace or any other skin for that matter) on two of my HTPCs. And not logs about it.

After all the tests I made, I will admit defeat and will simply switch to ACE until more people report this as I took way too much time on this... after all, it's just a skin (the best but still).
Besides all the tests I made, I have no other way to help you resolve this issue and since it looks like I'm a minority, I understand...
It must be a combination of hardware or something because My Zotac AD11 (way less powerful) and my gaming PC don't have this bug...

MQ, the only thing you could check if possible, is the exact difference between Ace and MQ5 when giong in a submenu like "recently added" besides the SQL query (it's impossible it's EXACTLY the same for both), maybe how MQ5 is generating the screen, etc...

Anyway, beside on those HTPCs, MQ5 is awesome. Very good job!

Well Im also getting the black screens. Running openelec. Sometimes happens when i select movies submenu files. I have to restart xbmc to recover.

If I select multiplex view and move through a few film covers and then press up to bring up the menu to change the view mine crashes. It just hangs. This has happened through all the Gotham versions but only on MQ5, I'm running openelec Beta 3.92 at present. Ace my favourite skin never does it. This happens in TV Shows as well. I do use a custom indicator on both skins.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - voochi - 2014-03-18

Make the widget covers/posters bigger on the home screen. And don't darken the highlighted poster, it is contrary to basic UI design rules.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Samu-rai - 2014-03-19

(2014-03-18, 23:18)voochi Wrote: Make the widget covers/posters bigger on the home screen. And don't darken the highlighted poster, it is contrary to basic UI design rules.

Is that a request?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - DennisNY - 2014-03-19

In the default customize main menu settings, under "Movies" there is the option to use "Background Image - Use Collection Fan Art" which, when selected, displays fan art in the background when that menu item is selected. However, when I create a custom menu item that option is no longer available.

What I would like to do is create a custom menu item for certain movie categories via smart playlists and have the fan art for those movies be displayed in the background when that menu item is selected. The skin does this by default for the Movies and TV shows items but not custom items. Is there anyway to do this?

(2014-03-17, 12:22)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2014-03-17, 02:59)DennisNY Wrote: I'm sure the answer to this is probably obvious. I'm trying this skin for the first time and previously used Aeon Nox 4. I have added my file sources but can't find how to associate my menu items with the sources. For example, for my menu item "kids movies" it should be linked to my kids movies folder on my network drive. The kids movies folder has already been added as a source. I can set up the menu items in the Skin > Settings > Customize Main Menu but I can't find where to link them to the file source. How do I link them?

XBMC doesn't work like that I’m afraid. You’ll need to use smart playlists.

This tutorial will put you in the right direction.

Thanks. I used the replace function to map the smart playlists to the menu item.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - DennisNY - 2014-03-19

(2014-03-05, 16:51)Xencored27 Wrote:
(2014-03-05, 16:41)cw-kid Wrote:
(2014-03-05, 14:25)Xencored27 Wrote: Thankd for the info.
I thou#ght it would of been like the neon skin where it got all the images auto from playlists.
I have no folders for fanart and using the Artwork Organiser groups all images up into tv/movies/music like you said. So I can't use this for my playlists as it would be showing images of videos not even in the menu I am on.

This skin has so much editing options I can't belive this was skipped (than again maybe I'm the only person who uses xbmc like this :p)

Cheers

Well I am not saying this is the only way as I am not totally sure, but I would think you would need to have a folder containing all your background fanart images for your Documentaries and then use the "Change Backdrop - Multiple Images" option to point to that folder for the Documentaries menu etc.

Hmm there must be an auto way of doing this like neon does.
Would love to use this skin so hope there is a way.

I'm also coming from Aeon Nox and having this same problem. To my knowledge, there's no way to have separate fan art work unless you put images into custom folders and link the menu items to the folders. Bummer Confused

(2014-03-19, 00:07)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2014-03-18, 23:18)voochi Wrote: Make the widget covers/posters bigger on the home screen. And don't darken the highlighted poster, it is contrary to basic UI design rules.

Is that a request?

I agree. The posters could be a little bigger. I'm viewing them on a 60 inch screen and they look too small. Even on my laptop they look small too.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Carl314 - 2014-03-19

I have the same problem running Gotham beta 2 of Openelec on my is Hasswell NUC.

Cheers, Carl.

(2014-03-19, 06:53)Carl314 Wrote: I have the same problem running Gotham beta 2 of Openelec on my is Hasswell NUC.

Cheers, Carl.

Sorry, 1st time posting with tapatalk, didnt realize it wouldnt quote.

I'm having the same problem as megalodon above with the system freezing when hitting the up arrow.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Samu-rai - 2014-03-19

(2014-03-19, 03:51)DennisNY Wrote: In the default customize main menu settings, under "Movies" there is the option to use "Background Image - Use Collection Fan Art" which, when selected, displays fan art in the background when that menu item is selected. However, when I create a custom menu item that option is no longer available.

What I would like to do is create a custom menu item for certain movie categories via smart playlists and have the fan art for those movies be displayed in the background when that menu item is selected. The skin does this by default for the Movies and TV shows items but not custom items. Is there anyway to do this?

Artwork organozer doesn't work with MQ5 on smart playlists.

You'll need to manually choose the fanarts you want, put them into a folder and point MQ5 to that folder.