Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 (/showthread.php?tid=174501)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - djoole - 2014-05-03

I don't know what is the problem for you...
If you don't see anymore the SHELF view in the views selection (see screenshot) that means the view is no longer referenced in the CustomViewsVideo.xml

(2014-05-02, 23:26)djoole Wrote: Here is a mod, for those using the Shelf view, and Samu-rai cases.
Based on mikebzh44 mod.

1. Make a backup of your addons/skin.aeonmq5 folder.
2. Download this zip file (https://www.dropbox.com/s/6bvtt5nlv7oq5ib/ShelfCaseMod.zip)
3. unzip it in the addons/skin.aeonmq5 folder (confirm the overwrite)
4. Restart XBMC
5. In parameters/skin/theme (i don't know exactly the path my XBMC is in french), choose CASE_MOD_BY_SAMU-RAI-2

It will add a new view for the videos, name SHELFCASE. You can find it just after SHELF.

NB : this mod includes Samu-rai cases
I changed the mod.. I needed the original Shelf view for series, so i added a new view (which means messing with much more files, hence the zip)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Death-Axe - 2014-05-03

Hi gang, could someone please tell me where and in which file I can get rid of the damn annoying thing where I can't disable these useless addons the author has insisted in making mandatory?

I don't use rom collection nonsense, and TV tunes and other addons dumping crap into my debug log.

Thanks guys.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - scott967 - 2014-05-04

(2014-05-03, 23:15)Death-Axe Wrote: Hi gang, could someone please tell me where and in which file I can get rid of the damn annoying thing where I can't disable these useless addons the author has insisted in making mandatory?

I don't use rom collection nonsense, and TV tunes and other addons dumping crap into my debug log.

I suppose one man's useless addon is another man's gotta have.

Try commenting them out from the skin.aeonmq5 addon.xml file, then disable the addons and see what happens. I experimented with the rom collection browser worked fine without it (was turned off in the main menu config). Some might cause errors in the skin though if missing. (XBMC 13RC1)

scott s.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - thrak76 - 2014-05-04

(2014-05-04, 01:13)scott967 Wrote:
(2014-05-03, 23:15)Death-Axe Wrote: Hi gang, could someone please tell me where and in which file I can get rid of the damn annoying thing where I can't disable these useless addons the author has insisted in making mandatory?

I suppose one man's useless addon is another man's gotta have.

Try commenting them out from the skin.aeonmq5 addon.xml file, then disable the addons and see what happens. I experimented with the rom collection browser worked fine without it (was turned off in the main menu config). Some might cause errors in the skin though if missing. (XBMC 13RC1)

scott s.

You can delete the addons from

%appdata%/xbmc/addons &
%appdata%/userdata/addon_data

And they'll be uninstalled. This works with tvtunes and tvshow.nextaired fine.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - buju - 2014-05-04

Folks, is there any way to have the weather background change only once a day or at least once every time you start XBMC? I want the background to match the current weather conditions, but I don't want the continuous slideshow.
I just don't seem to find the setting for this. Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - iblong - 2014-05-04

I have been trying to figure out weather as well. It used to show the actual current conditions backgrounds where have these gone?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Wanilton - 2014-05-04

For have actual current conditions backgroungs, you need get extrapack, using resource available in skin settings, themes, get extrapack.

Main Menu, settings, select submenu customize main menu, go to weather item, in center screen you have one item North America, press enter twice, and you have option actual current conditions background, it´s done.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Samu-rai - 2014-05-04

Deleted

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - mzup - 2014-05-04

(2014-05-03, 00:36)scott967 Wrote:
(2014-05-02, 10:10)claytonjn Wrote: I'm just starting to make the switch from WMC to XBMC so please bear with me.

I'm running into a blank menu and I couldn't find anyone else with this problem. The missing menu is the "Add Timer" menu for adding a recording from the EPG. Switching to Confluence the menu shows up properly. I also tried reloading Aeon MQ 5 and resetting the theme back to default settings. I am using XBMC 13.0 and NextPVR.

I think you will find the NextPVR client for XBMC has a skin file included for confluence (XBMC\addons\pvr.nextpvr\resources\skin.confluence\720p\RecordPrefs.xml)

You can try just copying that xml fle into the userdata addons\skin.aeonmq5\720p folder and see if it works, but it probably needs to be modified to use the MQ5 "look and feel" (I did this for the pvr.wmc skin file which has the same issues).

scott s.

That worked, but you're right where modification is needed, but at least the text is there.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Shadowsoul - 2014-05-04

When changing the home menu bar background, is it possible to also change the shadow to mimic the original Aeon menu bar with a white glow/border?

I.e. if you look at the screenshots from a hom mod of Auriga the shadow is white.
I've modified the original background a bit to be the correct size, but it gets scaled down and placed in the middle of the normal bar instead like in this screenshot

Or am i out of luck and have to figure out how to mod the XML-file to change it?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Langdon Alger - 2014-05-04

Can anyone help me with this?

(2014-05-01, 22:00)Langdon Alger Wrote: Hi there, looking for a bit of basic help with customising this. Ive searched the thread and read for the last hour and still cant figure it out!

I have Video Add ons that I like to group together.

For instance - iPlayer, ITV Player etc - all grouped together in the menu selection 'TV Player'

How do I do this with this skin? With Confluence its easy, I create an Add On set and add each addon from my favourties list.

Im sure its just something basic Im missing but I've played around with the customization for quite some time and cant figure this out.

Great skin though!

Any help appreciated.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - claytonjn - 2014-05-05

(2014-05-04, 19:07)mzup Wrote:
(2014-05-03, 00:36)scott967 Wrote:
(2014-05-02, 10:10)claytonjn Wrote: I'm just starting to make the switch from WMC to XBMC so please bear with me.

I'm running into a blank menu and I couldn't find anyone else with this problem. The missing menu is the "Add Timer" menu for adding a recording from the EPG. Switching to Confluence the menu shows up properly. I also tried reloading Aeon MQ 5 and resetting the theme back to default settings. I am using XBMC 13.0 and NextPVR.

I think you will find the NextPVR client for XBMC has a skin file included for confluence (XBMC\addons\pvr.nextpvr\resources\skin.confluence\720p\RecordPrefs.xml)

You can try just copying that xml fle into the userdata addons\skin.aeonmq5\720p folder and see if it works, but it probably needs to be modified to use the MQ5 "look and feel" (I did this for the pvr.wmc skin file which has the same issues).

scott s.

That worked, but you're right where modification is needed, but at least the text is there.

@scott967 that's exactly the information I needed, thanks. I edited the RecordPrefs.xml for NextPVR and it's working perfectly now.

@mzup It's saved here if you want to use it.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Pissa - 2014-05-05

Hi guys, probably noob question!

So v13 final is out, so it's time to upgrade.
What is the correct procedure to upgrade using MQ5?

Should I switch back to Confluence, install v13 and than overwrite Frodo MQ5 with Gotham MQ5?
Or what?

Thanks! Blush

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Wanilton - 2014-05-05

@Pissa, skin MQ5 have gotham version in official repo. You need uninstall frodo skin version, update gotham, and install gotham skin version.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Pissa - 2014-05-05

(2014-05-05, 16:08)Wanilton Wrote: @Pissa, skin MQ5 have gotham version in official repo. You need uninstall frodo skin version, update gotham, and install gotham skin version.

Thanks mate! Wink