Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 (/showthread.php?tid=174501)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - pinn - 2014-05-23

Hi,

I downloaded all disc art through the artwork downloader and now browsing movies is quite a slow process as it pauses to load all the bits. Is there anyway to disable this feature though the skin rather than deleting all the downloaded files?

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - pierre8991 - 2014-05-23

Samu-rai
This is the result when I use your theme "Casev Mod by Samu-rai 3" under Windows 8.1/Gotham stable release/Aeon MQ5 version 2.0.2

For me, but I cannot speak for every one, the best view is this one, it will be perfect if you can add

CDArt behind the case
Extra thumbnails style when you are on a Saga case
Color icons in place of the white at the bottom of the view

but is just a wish

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Samu-rai - 2014-05-23

To add discart and change the thumbnails, you would need to mod the skin it’s self.

Possibly something I could look to do in future, but I don’t have the time at the moment.

The coloured labels are made by devilshura, so if he’s OK with it too, I’m more than happy for someone to combine the two.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - mularj - 2014-05-24

(2014-05-20, 14:15)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2014-05-20, 01:18)mularj Wrote:
(2014-05-19, 18:25)Samu-rai Wrote: It sounds to me as if the smart playlist isn't set up correctly.

Would you post a screen shot of your rule for us?

Thanks Samu-rai. But the playlists seem to be working correctly. When I go into the menu items I only see the posters from the shows in that playlist. Here is one of the xsp files:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="tvshows">
<name>TV ARCHIVE</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="path" operator="contains">archive</rule>
</smartplaylist>

Apparently I was being a bit impatient. When XBMC loads, the widgets for the custom items are empty, but after about 5 minutes they populate...and they only contain series that are in the playlist. Library stats also come up after awhile, although it isn't showing up the same as it does for the full library. It only contains total and watched episode counts, whereas the normal tv library stats includes the series count. The good news is the total and watched counts only include whats in the smart playlist.

Jim

It sounds like it’s working properly then.

Does anyone know if its possible to add sub-menu items for genre, year etc.. that are filtered by a smart playlist?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Wanilton - 2014-05-24

Yes, it´s possible, go to settings, customize main menu, find menu item (movies, tv shows or one new = empty), press left arrow (access submenu), now go to first empty, use replace function, in right list, select choose smart playlist (enter), list yours option, select, enter. Done.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - pierre8991 - 2014-05-24

Thanks Samu-rai
As I said the actual view is good for me, for my wishes I can live with that.
One point you did not answered was concerning the extra thumbnails style on sagas, was this a mistake on my side ?

(2014-05-24, 05:27)Wanilton Wrote: Yes, it´s possible, go to settings, customize main menu, find menu item (movies, tv shows or one new = empty), press left arrow (access submenu), now go to first empty, use replace function, in right list, select choose smart playlist (enter), list yours option, select, enter. Done.

Thanks Wanilton, but I don't follow. When I get to the step "choose smart playlist" the only option I see that is close is "choose video playlist". I can select that, but then the sub-menu item simply shows the same thing as the parent item does.

Jim

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Samu-rai - 2014-05-24

(2014-05-24, 07:13)mularj Wrote:
(2014-05-24, 05:27)Wanilton Wrote: Yes, it´s possible, go to settings, customize main menu, find menu item (movies, tv shows or one new = empty), press left arrow (access submenu), now go to first empty, use replace function, in right list, select choose smart playlist (enter), list yours option, select, enter. Done.

Thanks Wanilton, but I don't follow. When I get to the step "choose smart playlist" the only option I see that is close is "choose video playlist". I can select that, but then the sub-menu item simply shows the same thing as the parent item does.

Jim

Have a look at this post here.

(2014-05-24, 08:33)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2014-05-24, 07:13)mularj Wrote:

Jim

Have a look at this post here.

Thanks Samu-rai. So if I get this right, I need to make copies of my smart playlists and add the group tags for how I want it sorted. For the main menu item I'd have like archive.xsp, and for the sub men items I'd have archive-genre.xsp and archive-years.xsp. Then I add <group>genres</group> to the genre xsp and <group>years</group> to the years one.

Cheers!

Jim

EDIT: That worked! I just need to be using Gotham as it seems <group> isn't supported in playlists on Frodo.

Is there any setting to keep aspect ratio for video thumbnails in the widgets? When thumbnails are displayed in the widget for older TV episodes that are 4:3 they are being stretched to 16:9 and look really weird.

Thanks!
Jim

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - scott967 - 2014-05-25

(2014-05-24, 16:41)mularj Wrote: EDIT: That worked! I just need to be using Gotham as it seems <group> isn't supported in playlists on Frodo.

[Shameless plug]

If you work with groups in smart playlists, you might check out my modded smart playlist editor, as MQ5 didn't pick up the "group" option for Gotham:

thread link

scott s.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - mularj - 2014-05-25

(2014-05-25, 01:09)scott967 Wrote:
(2014-05-24, 16:41)mularj Wrote: EDIT: That worked! I just need to be using Gotham as it seems <group> isn't supported in playlists on Frodo.

[Shameless plug]

If you work with groups in smart playlists, you might check out my modded smart playlist editor, as MQ5 didn't pick up the "group" option for Gotham:

thread link

scott s.

I like Notepad. :-) Too painful to do all this stuff right on the HTPC. I use a VM as a template to set everything the way I want it and the HTPC's on all my TV's copy it over on boot. But Thanks! :-)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - davematt0709 - 2014-05-25

(2014-05-22, 01:22)craigey1 Wrote: davematt0709 Try using m4x1m's rating update script & in the settings for it make sure you set 'UK:' as the prefix.
The icons that this skin uses for UK ratings can make it difficult to tell if it's picked up the UK ratings as only the 'U' & 'PG' rated titles show the BBFC style icons (i.e. the ones with a triangle & the rating inside it).

Anyway hope it helps.

Craigey1. Just to confirm that I tried the m4x1m ratings script you mentioned and its worked perfectly Smile. Thanks for pointing out the link.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - SmallwoodDR82 - 2014-05-26

Library update progress bar seems to not function.

Clean Library progess bar however does work.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

I'm on Gotham.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - scott967 - 2014-05-26

I found a problem in Gotham and also is in Frodo. This is in displaying fanart for musicvideo (concerts). I have everything setup for default fanart (as far as can tell). When I first go into "concerts" I get title view and for this I get the correct musicvideo fanart displayed as the background image. (I am using "wide" view for testing but I think it is in all options). But when I change to the "artists" view, I don't get the artist fanart as background image (I do get the artist poster/thumb). Thing is when I switch to the "showart" or "multiplex", I do get the fanart in the slide-in panel, just not in the background image. I compared this to Confluence, all I can see is when I navigate through the items in the listing, the debug log shows
DEBUG: CTextureCacheJob::GetImageHash - unable to stat url
in MQ5 so apparently something is going wrong in trying to get the image. I tried to examine the skin code, as near as I can tell both Confluence and MQ5 want to display $INFO[ListItem.Art(fanart)] but I can't see why it would work in Confluence and not in MQ5.

Some Pix to see:

Aeon MQ5 Musicvideo - Artists (Wide)

Confluence (Big list)

Aeon MQ5 (Multiplex)

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot (or at least confirm my findings)?

scott s.