Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 (/showthread.php?tid=174501)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - teeedubb - 2013-10-12

Thanks, this a very slick skin!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - brewer - 2013-10-12

Hello,

I am pretty new, since a few weeks using Aeon MQ 5 on my Artic MC and Openelec: super !!!
Since the new release lyrics are gone. (or maybe I have done something wrong) With wich key on the remote I can acces lyrics mode?
Or is there another sollution?

Thanks in advance,

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Buff - 2013-10-12

Hi Marcos,

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I have noticed an issue with the playlist editor - when editing a music playlist the text is overlapping. Not sure if you can tell from the following screenshot very well, but hope this helps;

It shows the current tracks in the playlist and over the top the library tracks that you are browsing to add.

Many thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - lazyman - 2013-10-12

Marcos,

I just played w/ MQ5 for an hour or so and let's just say: Great job! Feels very smooth, stylish and improved a lot over MQ4. Thanks for your work and dedication.

I general I do not have any major issues w/ MQ4 (on OE3.2.2, asrock i3m, nvidia, 4GB, ssd) right now and will just test MQ5 further for production (and WAF) use. I'm really looking forward to your release

Now a few things and requests - well, maybe I'm too stupid (or lazy) to solve this on my own or I just need to adjust to MQ5:

1) As said above I'm w/ MQ4 and prefer for movies the old showmix view with additional fanart/thumbs. The implementation in MQ5 looks too 'flat' I'd like to see the extrathumbs slanted or tilted like in MQ4 as posted here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=174501&pid=1523456#pid1523456 Maybe this could be implemented optional.

2) In MQ4 TV Series I use the widget (?) feature 'Shows in progress'. I did not find this in MQ5. Only option is recently added. Did I miss something? If not, is it possible to get this feature back?

3) Some kind of bug - sorry did not made a screenshot of this: Was checking on some pictures / images with standard listview on the left. After some minutes after lots of folder changes the font in this listview was distorted. Font size nearly doubled vertically. This stayed until I did a restart.

4) In main menu, is it possible to change the position of the Library stats and clock/weather from below to top of the menu like optional in MQ4.

4) Extrapack download (from within the skin) failed multiple times. DB rebuild did not solve this, too.

cheers

RE: - doug piston - 2013-10-12

Apologies on if this has been mentioned before but if I was to use my own wallpapers what is the size needed? Anything else I should know?

Cheers.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - m0v1em4n - 2013-10-13

Hi Guys,

Great skin Thanks for all your hard work , using the latest Gotham monthly and everything seem OK.

Just a few things.
  • The movie library status is not complete in the main menu, but you no doubt know that.
  • In your pictures it shows the widget separated from the main menu bar and in the upper area of the screen, is this still possible with the latest skin release? When I try to move the widget in furniture both seem to move together or perhaps I am doing something wrong,
  • Also is it possible to auto hide the widget bar, just nice to see the fan-art, must admit did like the way MQ4 implemented it Nod
  • One last thing does your skin support the new Gotham 3D mode, do I have to have a compatible 3D movie playing before I see the 3D menu opptions

Great work keep it up

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Nirvana - 2013-10-13

Hi,

I love that skin. Great work! Thx!

I'd like to suggest improving the Live TV EPG. When hitting "Info" during Live TV the current event is shown. So far so good.

Extension:
From there I would like to browse through the EPG by pressing left/right.

Reason:
Right now just finding out what will be the next event being broadcast is too complicated.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - bry - 2013-10-13

MQ would you consider making these changes in MQ5 and ACE officially? http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=175642&pid=1527152#pid1527152

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - charlie0440 - 2013-10-13

the live TV EPG does not display properly for me in both RC1 & RC2 @ 720p & 1080p

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - clennys - 2013-10-14

I have a custom theme set up and have multiple backgrounds in the 'tvshows' folder. When I am on the main screen under TV shows it changes the background every 5 seconds or so. Is there any way to increase that duration?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - SystemCrash - 2013-10-14

I really like the stlye of the mq 5. But one question with the new Menu´s left for me.
In my last skin the aoen nox 4, i create a extra point for the folder called "animes". In this folder only contains animes and a extra folder for tv-shows.
But if i try this in the mq 5 it sums up the normal tv shows like "Dr. House" between the Animes...
Is there a Option to difference these two folders?

I hope you understand what i mean. So i apologize for the bad english.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Samu-rai - 2013-10-14

Hi Everyone

I've been on vacation for a couple of weeks, so I will try my best to answer any questions you have not had answered yet ASAP.

There have been 2 new releases since I went away, so I apologise in advance of some of my answers are outdated.

(2013-10-13, 10:14)m0v1em4n Wrote: Hi Guys,

Great skin Thanks for all your hard work , using the latest Gotham monthly and everything seem OK.

Just a few things.
  • The movie library status is not complete in the main menu, but you no doubt know that.
  • In your pictures it shows the widget separated from the main menu bar and in the upper area of the screen, is this still possible with the latest skin release? When I try to move the widget in furniture both seem to move together or perhaps I am doing something wrong,
  • Also is it possible to auto hide the widget bar, just nice to see the fan-art, must admit did like the way MQ4 implemented it Nod
  • One last thing does your skin support the new Gotham 3D mode, do I have to have a compatible 3D movie playing before I see the 3D menu opptions

Great work keep it up

Thanks

1) Not sure what you mean. Mine seems to be working, although I am using Frodo.

2) Go onto skin settings, choose the 'furniture' heading, and then press up and down until you only have the widgets selected. Then press entre until it is placed in your desired location.

3) Go on to skin settings, and in general settings there will be and option for 'Clean Mode'. Select this.

4) Yes it does, not sure how this is activated though as using Frodo.

(2013-10-14, 04:09)clennys Wrote: I have a custom theme set up and have multiple backgrounds in the 'tvshows' folder. When I am on the main screen under TV shows it changes the background every 5 seconds or so. Is there any way to increase that duration?

There isn't an option within the skin to adjust this. You'll have to amend the code.

(2013-10-14, 11:43)SystemCrash Wrote: I really like the stlye of the mq 5. But one question with the new Menu´s left for me.
In my last skin the aoen nox 4, i create a extra point for the folder called "animes". In this folder only contains animes and a extra folder for tv-shows.
But if i try this in the mq 5 it sums up the normal tv shows like "Dr. House" between the Animes...
Is there a Option to difference these two folders?

I hope you understand what i mean. So i apologize for the bad english.

You will need to set up a playlist and add this to the main menu. I haven't updated it for MQ5 yet, but this tutorial may help.

(2013-10-12, 12:00)brewer Wrote: Hello,

I am pretty new, since a few weeks using Aeon MQ 5 on my Artic MC and Openelec: super !!!
Since the new release lyrics are gone. (or maybe I have done something wrong) With wich key on the remote I can acces lyrics mode?
Or is there another sollution?

Thanks in advance,

When playing a song press tab to entre 'visualisation mode'. Then press m to get the bottom menu. On this menu you will find an option to adjust the style of visualisation, which includes Lyrics. Unfortunately I can't remember what this is called off the top of my head, but you should find it easily.

(2013-10-12, 17:43)doug piston Wrote: Apologies on if this has been mentioned before but if I was to use my own wallpapers what is the size needed? Anything else I should know?

Cheers.

720p or 1080p will work fine.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Samu-rai - 2013-10-14

(2013-10-08, 02:27)bwall244 Wrote: I know you have been going back and forth on the watched flag and it being somewhat intrusive sometimes, I had mentioned once before that atleast in Aeon Nox you are able to set wether the watched flag is used or not on an indiviual screen basis. For example when I used that skin I had it set to "off" on tv show main menu because I use a logo view and find it not good over a logo, however once on the season or the episode level I have it activated so I can keep track of what episodes I have seen and which ones I have not. Also in terms of design I think most of us use some sort of poster view, it seems a corner "banner" works best for posters.

I suggested this before. It's a good idea.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - SystemCrash - 2013-10-14

Thank you very much for the Tip. Its worked very good.
But only on issue left. (In the linked thread, the same issue appears...but there arent any solution suggestion for it)

I´ve set up a smart playlist and added it to the main menu. The normal informations like Name, Cover, Storie etc are shown.
But if i open the folder wich contains the files. The folder is empty.

Did some have the final idea?
Thank you for the patience with me.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - bwall244 - 2013-10-14

I am finding load time on some artwork to be getting slower and slower. Upon startup the posters for the tv and movie widgets first display as placeholders and then take 2-4 seconds to load. More importantly though when I go into TV shows (using logos) my fanart appears but the logos show blank quite often for up to 10-15 seconds.