Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 (/showthread.php?tid=174501)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - sfnetwork - 2013-10-31

(2013-10-28, 14:38)sfnetwork Wrote:
(2013-10-27, 05:49)sfnetwork Wrote:
(2013-10-27, 00:00)sfnetwork Wrote: I know, this is why I did ALL those tests to isolate the source of the issue before mentioning it here, I presumed already that the command was the same as Ace...
I'll try again (delete EVERYTHING related the MQ5) and redownload a new copy in case...

***BTW, I don't think the command is the issue, it's more how the skin generates the screen IMO...

Anyway, I'll let you know... I just don't want to use ACE now that I tasted to MQ5, lol...

OK, on one of my HTPC, I did a complete rebuild (this one is Openelec) and it still did it (again, Ace; no issue). So there is really "something" different in MQ5 that may need a fix (and two of my 5 HTPCs are fine so I know some users have no issue; doesn't mean there is no problem).

I started isolating features that would be involved that doesn't exist in Ace. I may have found one; custom watched indicators...
I may be wrong but I ALWAYS use the eye one with black background... I tried disabling the watched indicators from the views...
Since then, so far, never crashed on black screen...
I will have to test more to confirm but so far, it may be related...

I have some test result (positive).
I can't be 100% of which of those two test corrected it (yet) but additionally to stop using custom watched flags I decided to redo the SQL databases from scratch.
I was using centralized MySQL configuration.

To make this really clean, I uninstalled MySQL and deleted everything (database, etc...) from server.
I installed the latest MySQL and recreated the XBMC SQL user, etc...
I rescanned my entire library to it.
And, I used Trakt to resync my watched states.
(only thing I lost was the "resume" points; not really important)

From this moment, I haven't had the black screen issue yet at all when going to "recently added" from sub menu.
I'll test reactivating my favorite watched indicator in MQ5 (the eye on black background one) and see if I'm still stable.

So, so far. I isolated the issue source to be the SQL database or the watched indicators...

Sorry to bring this back in your face again but after sooo much time on this issue (and money since I tried changing a ssd drive), I can't confirm that ONLY MQ5 has this issue.
ACE which is the closest in terms of design/screens never has this issue in my tests...

So far, here are what I tried:
-Different GPU card (also AMD and nVidia)
-Different TV/monitor
-Different ssd drive (including complete rebuild , Openelec)
-Redownload skin (and deleted all references in addons and packages (not relevant with previous test)
-Different cable (HDMI/DVI)
-Different resolution
-enable/disable watched indicator
-Complete SQL rebuild with new databases with new scanned library (centralized SQL using mySQL)
-Many different options in skin (all of them I think, lol)

This only happenning on specific PCs and I can't isolate why (one is Intel based and the other is AMD...)
Nothing in the logs about it...

To reproduce this (as a reminder), from home screen, I go in "Movies" submenu in "recently added" then from time to time, it goes to a black screen and stays like this until I reboot...
There MUST be something different when the screen is generated when going in "recently added" from sub menu between MQ5 and ACE, it wouldn't make sense that it's EXACTLY the same...

And since others (not alot) also reported this... I think it must be specific to a hardware but I just can't target it... And Since ACE is perfect in this area...

I just LOVE MQ5 so this is why I worked that hard to try to fix it but unfortunately for me, I will have to stick with ACE...
Really hope this can be fixed... (If we could ever find the issue...)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Wanilton - 2013-11-01

I think you need provide debug log, its better for try understand your troubles.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - sfnetwork - 2013-11-01

There is one more thing I want to test that I suspect since the beginning; PS...
Both GPUs I tried were big enough power consumers and when this happens (when the screen changes to the recently added screen, I hear the GPU fan going up a bit... so GPU might crash for a lack of power. This would explain the symptoms...)
It's an Antec Fusion (old version with old PS so it could be related and MQ5 might ask a little more GPU in the interface in this screen change...

***I'll provide the logs but like I said, nothing about it (compared line by line with a working one when it occurs...)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - carlo75 - 2013-11-01

I still have exactly the same problem as sfnetwork-black screen when selecting recently added movies or TV shows sub menu.
it doesnt happen all the time ,just 'sometimes.
I dont think its the new 'Watched personalized icon.
I got a feeling it something to do with shared drive that goes to sleep or unavailable on the network-somehow MQ5 treat it differentially than ACE.
I del the skin and anything associate with it, then install again-still the same prob-black screen 'sometimes

(2013-11-01, 04:26)carlo75 Wrote: I still have exactly the same problem as sfnetwork-black screen when selecting recently added movies or TV shows sub menu.
it doesnt happen all the time ,just 'sometimes.
I dont think its the new 'Watched personalized icon.
I got a feeling it something to do with shared drive that goes to sleep or unavailable on the network-somehow MQ5 treat it differentially than ACE.
I del the skin and anything associate with it, then install again-still the same prob-black screen 'sometimes

Actually, you made me realize something, it always occurs when the "results" of the "request" (getting the recently added list from SQL) takes a little longer to respond (like if the GPU gives up or crash if the page doesn't load fast enough...)
It never happens when the screen loads immediately, only when there is a delay.
Again, Ace will still "wait" for it in this scenario. I basically think that this issue is related to network delays (access to database).

This must mean something... (MQ5 vs ACE)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - MarcosQui - 2013-11-01

No errors in the log and happens only for 1 or 2 people in the middle of thousands .. It is extremely difficult to guess what might be. I sorry.

Wait for the final version, maybe you have more luck.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - cw-kid - 2013-11-01

(2013-10-30, 19:03)Wanilton Wrote: Hi, cw-kid and loungesounds. I create video about, sorry my english is not good, my primary language is Portuguese (Brazil)

I set artist slideshow for use local and remote arts, and set path for music folder too.

Thank you the Artist SlideShow is now working and displaying artist images!

It is also now showing the Artist Logo.png file as well overlapping the artist images, I take it this is a new feature.

The CDArt is now also being displayed on the spinning disc when playing music.

I was also able to change the main MUSIC menu item, so now it always opens Music - Albums.
I also had to use the clone sub-menu option to get the music sub menu items back. I would like to re-order the position of some of the sub-menu items if possible.

I have always wanted to be able to change the music menu like this in MQ4. Is it still not possible in MQ4?

The other thing I would like to be able to do in MQ5, is change the Music and Movie Wall view so I can scroll left / right through the titles. Currently it only scrolls up / down.

I will do more testing with MQ5 and see if some of the small bugs that were in MQ4 have been resolved?

Many thanks

Keep up the great work Big Grin

(2013-11-01, 13:26)MarcosQui Wrote: No errors in the log and happens only for 1 or 2 people in the middle of thousands .. It is extremely difficult to guess what might be. I sorry.

Wait for the final version, maybe you have more luck.

I understand and I'll wait for final to see.
I'll let you know if I find a way to reproduce it from any machine so you can reproduce it.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Samu-rai - 2013-11-01

(2013-11-01, 13:59)cw-kid Wrote: I would like to re-order the position of some of the sub-menu items if possible.

Go to the main menu customization screen. Highlight the music heading, and press left.

This will take you to the sub-menu of that heading where you can customise as you see fit.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - cw-kid - 2013-11-01

(2013-11-01, 14:07)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2013-11-01, 13:59)cw-kid Wrote: I would like to re-order the position of some of the sub-menu items if possible.

Go to the main menu customization screen. Highlight the music heading, and press left.

This will take you to the sub-menu of that heading where you can customise as you see fit.

Thanks Samu-rai I just found this area in the settings, working it out now how to re-order them, seems you have to use the "replace this menu with" option to move them about?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Wanilton - 2013-11-01

cw-kid, yes need use replace function for change position or create new items.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - jjmucker - 2013-11-01

Almost time for final release? Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - MarcosQui - 2013-11-01

Yes, now we just have to wait the skin appears in official repository. Nod

A big thanks to ronie for the help.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - carmelshay - 2013-11-01

(2013-10-29, 20:09)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2013-10-29, 20:07)carmelshay Wrote:
(2013-10-29, 18:31)MarcosQui Wrote: "Added: Music OSD - Info button." Smile
OH MAN there no info button here Sad
the keyboard button also dosent do anything
im on 1.4.5 ....
what am i doing worng

It's in the final build. Not released until 01/11.

(2013-11-01, 14:27)MarcosQui Wrote: Yes, now we just have to wait the skin appears in official repository. Nod

A big thanks to ronie for the help.

thank you mq! you are the man!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - jjmucker - 2013-11-01

Cant wait to try it. I thought I'd wait for final release.
Aeon - The best skin there is Smile