Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 (/showthread.php?tid=174501)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - peppie71 - 2013-11-02

Is it possible to get the main menu vertical like Ace?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - sfnetwork - 2013-11-02

MQ,
IMO, "aeon_common.ttf" from 1.4.5 was much better than the one used in 1.5.1...

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - MarcosQui - 2013-11-02

The font used to RC3 version is copyrighted and cannot be maintained in the final version. It was the best choice I made with just one day before.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Jete246 - 2013-11-02

Upon starting my HTPC today, I was unpleasantly surprised to find all my custom menu's/backgrounds etc had been screwed up by an auto update from MQ5.

I had to reconfigure everything again. Sad

I appreciate all your hard work on this great skin, but is this something I'm going to have to do with every update? The last (manual) update I performed I also had to reconfigure everything again.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - sfnetwork - 2013-11-02

(2013-11-02, 17:45)MarcosQui Wrote: The font used to RC3 version is copyrighted and cannot be maintained in the final version. It was the best choice I made with just one day before.

ok, I understand.
*I manually replaced it from the other one.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Tripps - 2013-11-02

Marcos, thanks so much for this amazing skin. I do have one more bit of request. I had previously requested the option to turn the tagline off for the Wall view, and you have added this which is great. However, is it possible that when the tag is off, the clearlogo is expanded to take that space, making it a bit larger than when the tagline is there?

Thanks again..

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Samu-rai - 2013-11-02

(2013-11-02, 16:13)peppie71 Wrote: Is it possible to get the main menu vertical like Ace?

No, only horizontal with Aeon.

(2013-11-02, 19:01)Jete246 Wrote: Upon starting my HTPC today, I was unpleasantly surprised to find all my custom menu's/backgrounds etc had been screwed up by an auto update from MQ5.

I had to reconfigure everything again. Sad

I appreciate all your hard work on this great skin, but is this something I'm going to have to do with every update? The last (manual) update I performed I also had to reconfigure everything again.

If you install script.extendedinfo, then within the skin settings there are options to import and export skin settings.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - cw-kid - 2013-11-02

Hi

The Aeon MQ5 V1.5.1 update seems to have messed up my music menu / sub-menu customization.

Before the V1.5.1 update which was applied this morning, I had customized the music menu some what. So that when selecting the main Music menu item it would always go to Music - Albums, now it does not.

I also rearranged the order / position of some of the music sub-menu items as you can see in this screen shot.

However now when I select things from the sub menu its not correct e.g.

Music Albums takes me to Music Recently Played.
Music Artists takes me to Music Recently Added.
Music Genres takes me to a Search dialogue
Music Compilations takes me to Music Genres.
Music Tracks takes me to Playlists
Music Recently Played takes me to Music Artists

And so on.....

Its as if my sub-menu reordering has been lost but the names / labels are still in the same order I put them in, but when you click on that item it takes you to some where incorrect / different.

Thanks

EDIT: I am able to fix this situation by using the Menu Customization feature again and manually one by one using the "Replace this menu with" option and matching the name / label of the sub-menu item on the list in on the left and then selecting the correct matching menu item from the list on the right.

Now when I click a sub-menu item e.g. Music Genres I am correctly taken to the Music Genres area.

This could be a big problem if future Skin updates have the potential to mess up any menus / sub-menus that have been customized.

Thanks.

EDIT 2: I can only seem to fix the top row of sub-menu items. The second row that starts with Music Recently Added, I can seem to fix these they now do nothing when they are selected. Cannot seem to restore the whole music menu back to defaults either.

If you run the risk of having all your menus messed up any time there is a skin update this would make me reluctant to use the skin customization features at all and maybe even the MQ5 skin !!!

EDIT 3: Restarting XBMC has fixed it now and I have put the Music sub-menus back to how they are when you first install the skin. Dare not use the menu customization now!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Samu-rai - 2013-11-02

(2013-11-02, 21:33)cw-kid Wrote: Hi

The Aeon MQ5 V1.5.1 update seems to have messed up my music menu / sub-menu customization.

Before the V1.5.1 update which was applied this morning, I had customized the music menu some what. So that when selecting the main Music menu item it would always go to Music - Albums, now it does not.

I also rearranged the order / position of some of the music sub-menu items as you can see in this screen shot.

However now when I select things from the sub menu its not correct e.g.

Music Albums takes me to Music Recently Played.
Music Artists takes me to Music Recently Added.
Music Genres takes me to a Search dialogue
Music Compilations takes me to Music Genres.
Music Tracks takes me to Playlists
Music Recently Played takes me to Music Artists

And so on.....

Its as if my sub-menu reordering has been lost but the names / labels are still in the same order I put them in, but when you click on that item it takes you to some where incorrect / different.

Thanks

This happens with every update of MQ5 since about half way through the development process. As above, if you install script.extendedinfo you can export your settings. Then if the skin updates again, you can re-import and not have the hassle of re doing everything.

(2013-11-02, 21:38)Samu-rai Wrote: This happens with every update of MQ5 since about half way through the development process. As above, if you install script.extendedinfo you can export your settings. Then if the skin updates again, you can re-import and not have the hassle of re doing everything.

That's very bad news then, surely it should not do that?

How can you stop the skin from auto updating ?

How do I install script.extendedinfo ?

Thanks Samu-rai

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - MeniBI - 2013-11-02

Dear MarcosQui
In Frodo it didn't appear the mq5 for me
any solution?
thx

This situation now makes me very weary of even using the menu customization at all, if any new skin update can break it again. Its like using MCE Studio menu editor on Windows Media Center and any new updates from Microsoft breaking your menu customization again, don't want to be back down that road... and some issue like this could put me off using the MQ5 skin altogether!

I was going to write a whole series of blog posts on MQ5 and how great it looks but not sure I can proceed now until I get more information about the menu customization and skin updates.

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - MarcosQui - 2013-11-02

While the skin is not finished is absolutely normal to have self-reconfiguration, without it you would have a skin whole broken, is that what you want? I think not.

From the final version the self-reconfiguration is no longer needed.

Dear users, great news:

Gotham version available in oficial repo too. Nod

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - BDPNA - 2013-11-03

MQ - Thanks so much for Aeon.

I'm running Gotham Alpha 9, it did auto-update the skin to 1.51, but the settings screen is reporting 1.5.1 frodo 11/1/2013. Is that normal or I am somehow running the Frodo version of the skin?

I checked the official repos, and I only see MQ 5 listed once, so I didn't see a way to grab the Gotham version instead if I happen to be on the Frodo.

Suggestions?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Wanilton - 2013-11-03

I think official repo gotham is not opened yet, but skin Aeon MQ 5 (gotham version) is available there, for now XBMC gotham used same frodo repository.

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/gotham/