Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 (/showthread.php?tid=174501)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - cw-kid - 2013-11-04

(2013-11-02, 23:16)MarcosQui Wrote: While the skin is not finished is absolutely normal to have self-reconfiguration, without it you would have a skin whole broken, is that what you want? I think not.

From the final version the self-reconfiguration is no longer needed.

Sorry I don't understand this.

So will new Skin updates in the future, break any menu customizations that a user may have done ?

Many thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - tr3v07 - 2013-11-04

(2013-11-04, 01:56)Msan Wrote: Can someone tell me how to modify the OSD (when you hit info while watching a show) so it displays the TV Show name? I looked through VideoOSD.xml, but am totally lost Smile
I would also like to make the text size for the video/audio info display bigger.. (see below) just not sure where either Sad

You can change font text size for the Codec Info. Location path: XBMC\addons\skin.aeonmq5\720p\VideoFullScreen.xml There are three font text default <font>Font_12</font> I recommend change to <font>Font_16</font> Wink

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - black_eagle - 2013-11-04

(2013-11-03, 20:29)Slipx Wrote:
(2013-10-31, 23:59)sfnetwork Wrote: This is the last time I mention this (I'll stop nagging lol).
The black screen issue in submenu is still present only in MQ5 (not in Ace or any other skin for that matter) on two of my HTPCs. And not logs about it.

After all the tests I made, I will admit defeat and will simply switch to ACE until more people report this as I took way too much time on this... after all, it's just a skin (the best but still).
Besides all the tests I made, I have no other way to help you resolve this issue and since it looks like I'm a minority, I understand...
It must be a combination of hardware or something because My Zotac AD11 (way less powerful) and my gaming PC don't have this bug...

MQ, the only thing you could check if possible, is the exact difference between Ace and MQ5 when giong in a submenu like "recently added" besides the SQL query (it's impossible it's EXACTLY the same for both), maybe how MQ5 is generating the screen, etc...

Anyway, beside on those HTPCs, MQ5 is awesome. Very good job!

Well Im also getting the black screens. Running openelec. Sometimes happens when i select movies submenu files. I have to restart xbmc to recover.

Had it happen to me three times in a row when trying to go into music-files view this morning. XBMC doesn't crash, because it was playing a radio station at the time which continued to play, but I only had a black screen to look at.

FWIW, Hardware is :-
ASRock k10n78fullhd-hsli
AMD Athlon II X3 435
Nvidia 9800GT
Ubuntu 13.04 3.9.0-030900-generic #201304291257 SMP Mon Apr 29 16:58:15 UTC 2013 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Frodo 12.2

Only other niggle is my weather has disappeared - appears like with the clean menu option (which I notice has gone) turned on, only I get a line across the top as if its trying to draw something. Can post a screenshot if it will help ,

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Samu-rai - 2013-11-04

(2013-11-04, 00:16)BrainSturm Wrote: @Marcos

Regarding Showcase View
Is there any chance that you could upgrade the display of the covers. I really like how they look in the multiplex view, with the black frame around them and the sharp corners.

Now that Multiplex is one big cover stream, and showcase now is almost exacly like what the old multiplex view was, I'd think this would be really great.

The new cover design just looks totally awesome and I think every view should get rid of the round corners and instean have the new design, even the small covers in the main menu.

Found a small bug?!
When you are, for example, in the right list, or the glass list or the wide view, and you press the "Page Down Key" the "marker" jumps over a couple of movies in a nice flow and selects the new movie / TV Show.
BUT
If you press "PAGE UP" the flow of the motion gets a little bit interrupted at the end.....it´s hard to discribe....just try page up with the views mentioned above. You should see what I mean at once.

Could you not just diable media cases?

(2013-11-04, 14:16)black_eagle Wrote: Like with the clean menu option (which I notice has gone)

It's still there. Under skin settings > Widgets. Second option down.

(2013-11-04, 12:52)cw-kid Wrote:
(2013-11-02, 23:16)MarcosQui Wrote: While the skin is not finished is absolutely normal to have self-reconfiguration, without it you would have a skin whole broken, is that what you want? I think not.

From the final version the self-reconfiguration is no longer needed.

Sorry I don't understand this.

So will new Skin updates in the future, break any menu customizations that a user may have done ?

Many thanks.

Just export your settings! Then it doesn't matter.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - keisuji - 2013-11-04

Found a bug in Countrys it says USAUSA or in a differnent movie GermanyUSA or South KoreaUSA but the USA part in not in the info xml files.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - sfnetwork - 2013-11-04

(2013-11-04, 14:16)black_eagle Wrote:
(2013-11-03, 20:29)Slipx Wrote:
(2013-10-31, 23:59)sfnetwork Wrote: This is the last time I mention this (I'll stop nagging lol).
The black screen issue in submenu is still present only in MQ5 (not in Ace or any other skin for that matter) on two of my HTPCs. And not logs about it.

After all the tests I made, I will admit defeat and will simply switch to ACE until more people report this as I took way too much time on this... after all, it's just a skin (the best but still).
Besides all the tests I made, I have no other way to help you resolve this issue and since it looks like I'm a minority, I understand...
It must be a combination of hardware or something because My Zotac AD11 (way less powerful) and my gaming PC don't have this bug...

MQ, the only thing you could check if possible, is the exact difference between Ace and MQ5 when giong in a submenu like "recently added" besides the SQL query (it's impossible it's EXACTLY the same for both), maybe how MQ5 is generating the screen, etc...

Anyway, beside on those HTPCs, MQ5 is awesome. Very good job!

Well Im also getting the black screens. Running openelec. Sometimes happens when i select movies submenu files. I have to restart xbmc to recover.

Had it happen to me three times in a row when trying to go into music-files view this morning. XBMC doesn't crash, because it was playing a radio station at the time which continued to play, but I only had a black screen to look at.

FWIW, Hardware is :-
ASRock k10n78fullhd-hsli
AMD Athlon II X3 435
Nvidia 9800GT
Ubuntu 13.04 3.9.0-030900-generic #201304291257 SMP Mon Apr 29 16:58:15 UTC 2013 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Frodo 12.2

Only other niggle is my weather has disappeared - appears like with the clean menu option (which I notice has gone) turned on, only I get a line across the top as if its trying to draw something. Can post a screenshot if it will help ,

You're talking about a sub menu right?

(2013-11-04, 15:06)keisuji Wrote: Found a bug in Countrys it says USAUSA or in a differnent movie GermanyUSA or South KoreaUSA but the USA part in not in the info xml files.

Do you have the script.extendedinfo installed?

If so, it’s due to this. MQ is aware, but has said there is nothing he can do as this is a conflict between the scrapper and the script.

(2013-11-04, 14:47)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2013-11-04, 14:16)black_eagle Wrote: Like with the clean menu option (which I notice has gone)

So, it is, just changed the functionality slightly and the name. Still doesn't explain why my widgets work on every screen except the weather, where I get this Sad

(2013-11-04, 15:24)black_eagle Wrote:

So, it is, just changed the functionality slightly and the name. Still doesn't explain why my widgets work on every screen except the weather, where I get this Sad

Just letting you know the function is still there. Can't say I am experiencing the same issue though. I'll double check when I can.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - DarKarma - 2013-11-04

Yes, the Weather and the Settings widgets still doesn't work if you change anything in the settings/menu after installing the skin Sad I think I'll just give up hoping and just let the skin and menus exactly the way they are afler installing the skin. Widgets work just fine if you reset the skin and don't change anything after that.

(2013-11-04, 15:28)Samu-rai Wrote: Just letting you know the function is still there. Can't say I am experiencing the same issue though. I'll double check when I can.
Thanks, I appreciate any help I can get.

(2013-11-04, 15:30)DarKarma Wrote: Yes, the Weather and the Settings widgets still doesn't work if you change anything in the settings/menu after installing the skin Sad I think I'll just give up hoping and just let the skin and menus exactly the way they are afler installing the skin. Widgets work just fine if you reset the skin and don't change anything after that.
My settings widget still works though. As you can see, I have changed the background picture, but, I have had it working with that background, although it seems the final release broke it.

Well, thats not entirely true. The final release reset everything when it updated and when I had put everything back, my weather was broken.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - MarcosQui - 2013-11-04

(2013-11-04, 15:24)black_eagle Wrote:

Look at your screen, it seems normal to you? Everything out of place!
You are using the skin in a non-standard 16:9 screen, so one can not expect the skin works properly, no way.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - cw-kid - 2013-11-04

(2013-11-04, 14:47)Samu-rai Wrote: Just export your settings! Then it doesn't matter.

Perhaps not for me personally, but what about other HTPCs I might install MQ5 on? Ones that are for family and friends etc.

So is this skin update issue and breaking menus likely to be addressed at some point? or is it something that we would need to live with if using MQ5.

Thanks

(2013-11-04, 16:01)MarcosQui Wrote: Look at your screen, it seems normal to you? Everything out of place!
You are using the skin in a non-standard 16:9 screen, so one can not expect the skin works properly, no way.

As far as I can tell, from what my TV, drivers and XBMC report, my screen is perfectly 16:9, although I cannot explain why my screenshots show so much overscan.

In any case, aspect ratio should have no bearing on whether or not a widget is rendered.

I have no wish at all to offend you, and obviously you are free to offer support or not as you wish, but as I'm clearly not the only one with this issue I'd rather work to find a solution to it. I'm extremely doubtful that its my hardware. Aeon MQ5 looks a whole load better than Ace, but Ace doesn't miss a beat.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - MarcosQui - 2013-11-04

@cw-kid , I already explained and will explain again. During construction of the skin, before version 1.5.1, is normal the skin to be reset.

After the final version I have no intention to include new reset, unless there is some major change. So, use your skin and relax.

@black_eagle, no one wants to offend anyone, we are at peace Angel but there's something very wrong in your XBMC. Tongue