Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 (/showthread.php?tid=174501)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - sfnetwork - 2013-11-05

(2013-11-05, 12:29)MarcosQui Wrote:
(2013-11-05, 03:29)sfnetwork Wrote: MQ,
Here are the differences between ACE and MQ5 when going in submenus from the logs. (those logs from MQ5 are from again a black screen crash by going in a sub menu, in this case, "recently added")
The only real difference I see is MQ5 is calling "customsub6001.xml" before "home.xml"... Really hope that means something...

There is not wrong, its just a mode of skin work. The Aeon works differently the Ace, but the command to into window recently added is same.

I made a small changes:

Please, replace THIS FILE in 720p folder. And tell me the result.

Hi MQ, I tested it, still has the black screen issue, sorry.

***To work around this, I tried adding the same function in the main menu (like "movies-recently added") instead of using it from sub menu and it works perfectly (really tried it a lot to generate the bug, never could this way).
So, it's not the actual function, it's more the way it access it through the sub menu.
***also, I had the same issue (less frequently) in other submenu items like "skin settings" so it's really the submenu system... I also tried other item directly in main menu; always working this way
Hope it can help isolating the issue...

Thanks for keeping an interest in the matter BTW, I appreciate it.

***BTW, tried 1.6 (Google drive) and it still has the same issue.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - asko - 2013-11-05

i can't install the skin,, i did a fresh clean install of gotham , installed the addons from the official repo, installed the manual addons.

in the repo of mq in xbmc all skin addons are broken
in the official xbmc repo the skin is broken
i downloaded the skin manually and when i try to install it it gives me dependencies not met.

Help !!!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - tuareg - 2013-11-05

(2013-11-05, 14:04)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2013-11-05, 12:38)tuareg Wrote:
(2013-09-30, 16:34)NeXrom Wrote: Is it possible to get the IMDB Rating instead of studio or country in the movie view?

MQ4 View:

Hi!! Can u tell me what settings/view types have you used to get this, specially the thumbnails on the sides.

That's multiplex view in MQ4. MQ5's multiplex is different.

For the thumbnails change the panel style on the second column of the top menu from fanart to extra thumbs.

Thanks a million. I had the multiplex view but could not figure out the thumbnails on the sides.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - MarcosQui - 2013-11-05

@sfnetwork I put a new file in folder, test again please.

@asko until the new repo is completed this error will occur. This is not a skin issue.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Martijn - 2013-11-05

install works fine for me with todays nightly.
force refresh your repo

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - tuareg - 2013-11-05

Request help on:
1. The 12 widgets of main menu item Music are no longer there and I cannot get them back even though 12 Widgets for Music are enabled in MQ5 skin settings
2. On playing a music file, the screen which showed a CD rotating and lyrics, also displayed background images of the artist being played which were being obtained from the internet. TThese background images are no longer being displayed though theCd and lyrics still are. This happened after I switched to MQ5 5.1 for Frodo. Possible some addons settings got changed and I cannot figure out which ones.

Appreciate any help Thanks.

(2013-11-05, 16:59)MarcosQui Wrote: @sfnetwork I put a new file in folder, test again please.

MQ, sorry, same issue with update file.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - asko - 2013-11-05

@MarcosQui thanks

so should i reinstall frodo ?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - cw-kid - 2013-11-05

(2013-11-04, 16:57)MarcosQui Wrote: @cw-kid , I already explained and will explain again. During construction of the skin, before version 1.5.1, is normal the skin to be reset.

After the final version I have no intention to include new reset, unless there is some major change. So, use your skin and relax.

Hi

thanks for explaining again! Sounds like good news then and future skin updates released after Final V1,5,1 will NOT reset the user menu customization.

Looking forward to now deploying MQ5 on our HTPC's ! Big Grin

Sneak Peek blog post - Aeon MQ5 Movie Library

(2013-11-05, 17:06)sfnetwork Wrote:
(2013-11-05, 16:59)MarcosQui Wrote: @sfnetwork I put a new file in folder, test again please.

2 new files now, test again please.

Ps. Using this files the submenu will not disappear, is normal, I only want know if the command "recently" is ok.

(2013-11-05, 17:33)MarcosQui Wrote:
(2013-11-05, 17:06)sfnetwork Wrote:

2 new files now, test again please.

Ps. Using this files the submenu will not disappear, is normal, I only want know if the command "recently" is ok.

@MQ,
Good news!
I think you're on the right track, like you mentioned, the submenu doesn't go away BUT I can't reproduce the black screen issue anymore.
Maybe I could try more in case but, based on previous tests, I should have seen the black screen already...

Great, the problem now it is identified and isolated. I'll work on this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - huttdes - 2013-11-05

(2013-11-05, 14:42)Wanilton Wrote: @huttdes, skin have native suport for videoextras script, donĀ“t need change anything for work. Need only have extra contents in extras folder, go to collection, focus item, and press i (video info), select extra button (enter) and you have list with extras for playing.

Tip: be carefull, exist 2 script with similar function, dvdextras and videoextras.

videoextras* is more new, and perfect for use with new tv tunes script (same developer now).

Yeah, this is actually where I got screwed up. In Marcos first post on this thread which is where I learned of this addon... he calls it 'videoextras' but the link he provides goes to the older dvdextras so that is what I tried first.
He should probably change that in case anyone else discovers this like I did.
I wasted a few hours yesterday over that :-(

Oh yeah, it wasn't totally automatic.... I still had to create the advancedsettings xml file so it wouldn't scan my extras.

Everything working now though.
Thank you!

(2013-11-05, 17:52)MarcosQui Wrote: Great, the problem now it is identified and isolated. I'll work on this.

I'm just so happy it has been identified by you!
Thanks for you time, looking forward to it.

This made me realized that I don't like XBMC anymore without MQ5, lol.

Let me know if you need me.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - black_eagle - 2013-11-05

(2013-11-05, 17:52)MarcosQui Wrote: Great, the problem now it is identified and isolated. I'll work on this.

(2013-11-05, 17:55)sfnetwork Wrote: I'm just so happy it has been identified by you!
Thanks for you time, looking forward to it.

This made me realized that I don't like XBMC anymore without MQ5, lol.

Let me know if you need me.

@MQ, now you know what causes it, will your fix solve the same issue I have when I go into the music - files submenu ? Hoping the answer to this is yes Nod

@sfnetwork +1000
I thought I'd never switch from Ace, but I'm finding it really difficult to use anything else now Big Grin