Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 (/showthread.php?tid=174501)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - ShadowTek - 2013-11-17

I'll add a song and have a look

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - jdoo - 2013-11-17

Hello one more feedback for the skin creators. In movie "wall" view I dont think the vertical scrolling behavior makes sense. You can go "left" to get the artwork and change view menus, but going "up" makes those menus come up also. Going "down" all the way and then hitting "down" again brings up fanart view, but only for the bottom row of items.

Doesn't make much sense, I think it would be much better if the scrolling wrapped vertically (ie jump back to top after scroll past bottom) instead of current behavior.

Thanks for your efforts, this is a pretty cool skin!

(2013-11-17, 22:35)cw-kid Wrote: Yeah it should fallback to the default artist fanart image in the XBMC database, or however that works internally.

Instead it displays the fanart image of the previously or last view artist which is wrong.

Well clearly I won't be of much use with the music as I added my first song and I only have the poster in the folder but it seems like MQ5 not only automatically added a background but added a bunch of extrafanart it started scrolling though (pretty cool) without me doing anything, so not really sure how to test it.

EDIT:
Heres what the music settings look like, how do you have yours set? (Sorry as I mentioned I never used music so not familiar at all with it)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - cw-kid - 2013-11-17

That screen shot is just of the Music menu customization area in MQ5.

I use to use Windows MCE so for every album I had a hi-res 600x600 Folder.jpg image of the albums cover in the albums folder etc. I am now using 1000x1000 for new albums.

When I imported my music collection in to XBMC, it just read all my existing Folder.jpg files and I have all the same album covers in XBMC as that use to be displayed in MCE etc.

I also setup the CDArtManager XBMC add-on and use that to download the artist fanart, extrafanart images, also cdart, clear logos, banners, artist thumbs etc.You can also get the covers but as I had them already I never used CDArtManager to download the album covers.

I haven't posted any screen shots of the music library in MQ5 yet, but this is how it looked in MQ4 here.

(2013-11-17, 22:53)jdoo Wrote: Hello one more feedback for the skin creators. In movie "wall" view I dont think the vertical scrolling behavior makes sense. You can go "left" to get the artwork and change view menus, but going "up" makes those menus come up also. Going "down" all the way and then hitting "down" again brings up fanart view, but only for the bottom row of items.

Doesn't make much sense, I think it would be much better if the scrolling wrapped vertically (ie jump back to top after scroll past bottom) instead of current behavior.

Thanks for your efforts, this is a pretty cool skin!

I totally agree and was thinking exactly the same thing.

Also on the Wall view, which is the main view I use for Music and Movies, I still prefer to scroll LEFT to RIGHT rather than Down / Up. Might we see this as an option ?

(2013-11-17, 23:37)cw-kid Wrote: I totally agree and was thinking exactly the same thing.

Also on the Wall view, which is the main view I use for Music and Movies, I still prefer to scroll LEFT to RIGHT rather than Down / Up. Might we see this as an option ?

Open up the ViewsWall.xml
Search for:
Code:
<orientation>vertical</orientation>

change to:
Code:
<orientation>horizontal</orientation>

(2013-11-17, 23:45)ShadowTek Wrote:
(2013-11-17, 23:37)cw-kid Wrote: I totally agree and was thinking exactly the same thing.

Open up the ViewsWall.xml
Search for:
Code:
<orientation>vertical</orientation>

change to:
Code:
<orientation>horizontal</orientation>

Really? OK you made my day! Big Grin

Well it works, nice one! And when you get to Z it rolls back around to the start again.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - jdoo - 2013-11-17

any way to make the scrolling wrap in vertical scrolling mode?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - ShadowTek - 2013-11-18

(2013-11-17, 23:58)jdoo Wrote: any way to make the scrolling wrap in vertical scrolling mode?

Im not sure how to add "wrap" or "wraplist" to a type="panel" control Sad
I'll play around and see if its possible or if I can figure it out.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - jdoo - 2013-11-18

If it helps, Aeon Nox does it perfectly Smile Basically I really like the delayed info popup and dimming rest of unselected movies in wall view that MQ5 has, but Nox has better navigation.

Thanks if you can help!!!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - ShadowTek - 2013-11-18

Well I kinda figured out that I need to add:
Code:
<control type="wrap">
or something similar
The problem is its already set everywhere to panel and changing it just messes up the view Sad

I think it will take someone more knowledgeable then me to do it, As its got me curious and kinda driving me nutz as I know its probably something ridiculously simple.

I'll keep playing with it and if I figure it out I'll let you know, but if one of you experts knows let us know as Im curious to know now as well from a mod point of view Confused

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - carmelshay - 2013-11-18

Hi there, I've got a noob request.
I never tried to use the extrafanart for music before.
But it never worked for me.
Cdart manager doesn't seem to respond to nothing...
But then again maybe I didn't do something right in the process...

Can anyone help me set it up slow and with step by step instructions on this great new mq5?
Also theres a art for the spinning cd, that I dont know how to set as well...

Thanks guys!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - cw-kid - 2013-11-18

There seems to be a slight issue with changing the Wall view to horizontal from vertical by editing viewswall.xml file.

Grid Size - Normal - Nothing to see here move on, everything is normal.

Grid Size - Medium - Something is missing!

Grid Size - Large - I think you see what's happening.

I had set the Grid Size for movies to medium, but have now changed to normal.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - cw-kid - 2013-11-18

(2013-11-18, 01:36)carmelshay Wrote: Hi there, I've got a noob request.
I never tried to use the extrafanart for music before.
But it never worked for me.
Cdart manager doesn't seem to respond to nothing...
But then again maybe I didn't do something right in the process...

Can anyone help me set it up slow and with step by step instructions on this great new mq5?
Also theres a art for the spinning cd, that I dont know how to set as well...

Thanks guys!

The thing I found with CDArtManager is that your artist folder names have to match exactly as those artists are listed on the MusicBrainz website. I had to rename several of my artist folders on the file server, so the name of the artist matched and then CDArtManager would recognise them correctly etc.

CDArtManager will create extrafanart sub-folders under the artist folder(s), you can see a screen shot of one of my artist folders below.

The other image files: banner.jpg, logo.png, fanart.jpg and folder.jpg were also automatically downloaded by the CDArtManager add-on. The folder.jpg in the artist root folder is the artist thumb image.

In the extrafanart folder will be the fanart images downloaded by CDArtManager

However there is a bug with the music extrafanart for artists that have no extrafanart present as I described here it doesn't fallback to the default fanart image for that particular artist. So at the moment I have extrafanart turned OFF for music Undecided

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Besty - 2013-11-18

Hey, really loving the skin, though there is two small changes i would like to see.

1. Playlist stats. When browsing playlists the stats in the top left currently shows the main video library counts.Would be better if it showed the total items in the playlist your in. As an alternative i would settle for at least one view that had a count in it, for example the list view in nox has an item count.
2. Uncompressed textures, i get bored after awhile and like to mess around with them. wouldn't mind changing the movie flags so they are clearer to see. Edit: nevermind, did this one myself using the Notepad++ plugin found here

apart from that i cant really fault the skin.