Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 (/showthread.php?tid=174501)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - iblong - 2013-11-28

(2013-11-26, 16:47)Wanilton Wrote: @iblong, go to setting, configure main menu, weather, show animated weather, and you need have extrapack installed, for show too.

See image for reference:

Thank you very much!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - TheOneWhoIsMany - 2013-11-28

Hi Guys,

I'm missing episode thumbnails in recently added and in the TV Shows views. Any idea on how to fix this?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - NewMedia - 2013-11-29

I don't know if this is due to my settings or the skin or the slideshow or just the design. If I play a movie or song (and it has fan art) it shows fine. When I play a song or artist after the first, which doesn't have any associated fanart with it, it shows the previous fanart. Is there any way to show just the normal backgrounds of the skin when there is no fanart for an item instead of showing the previous, like in settings? (..or i should just put my own for the ones without?)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - dannypcf - 2013-11-29

Hello All,

Just switched to MQ5, such a great skin, but I have 2 questions, would like to see if anyone can help.

1. Music widget in main menu, once you point to any of the album in the widget (recently added, random, etc), an album window will be poped up with description of the album as well as the cover artwork of the album. The problem is all my album cover is a square shape image which is stored as folder.jpg in my file server at the album folder level, the size is 600 x 600, but seems the album cover which is being displayed in this description window above the widget is "squeezed" into a poster rectangle shape, which is quite weird. Any suggestion or do I miss any setting to show the normal square album cover shape above the widget?

2. In the wall view of movie library, I have set to group movie set, once I move to a movie set, and wait for a few seconds, the screen dim but it doesn't show the info of the movie set, normally it shows the year and the movie name of each movie in the set, but it just shows empty. For other movie which is not in a set, the view shows normal with the plot of the movie, just the movie set shows empty. By the way, extenedinfo script has been installed, all other views are displaying correctly the set info.

Any kind of help will be appreciated.

Thanks MQ for the best skin ever!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Samu-rai - 2013-11-29

(2013-11-29, 03:52)dannypcf Wrote: Hello All,

Just switched to MQ5, such a great skin, but I have 2 questions, would like to see if anyone can help.

1. Music widget in main menu, once you point to any of the album in the widget (recently added, random, etc), an album window will be poped up with description of the album as well as the cover artwork of the album. The problem is all my album cover is a square shape image which is stored as folder.jpg in my file server at the album folder level, the size is 600 x 600, but seems the album cover which is being displayed in this description window above the widget is "squeezed" into a poster rectangle shape, which is quite weird. Any suggestion or do I miss any setting to show the normal square album cover shape above the widget?

2. In the wall view of movie library, I have set to group movie set, once I move to a movie set, and wait for a few seconds, the screen dim but it doesn't show the info of the movie set, normally it shows the year and the movie name of each movie in the set, but it just shows empty. For other movie which is not in a set, the view shows normal with the plot of the movie, just the movie set shows empty. By the way, extenedinfo script has been installed, all other views are displaying correctly the set info.

1) I had this problem too, although I can’t exactly remember how I resolved it. The only thing I can think that I changed was the default music button so that it pointed directly to music artists. The two things may be completely unrelated, but you could give it a go.

2) What version of XBMC are you running? The default extendedinfo script does not work with Gotham (atm).

(2013-11-28, 07:15)TheOneWhoIsMany Wrote: Hi Guys,

I'm missing episode thumbnails in recently added and in the TV Shows views. Any idea on how to fix this?

That looks like an caching issue with the XBMC database.

Are the images showing in confluence?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - cw-kid - 2013-11-29

(2013-11-29, 01:48)NewMedia Wrote: I don't know if this is due to my settings or the skin or the slideshow or just the design. If I play a movie or song (and it has fan art) it shows fine. When I play a song or artist after the first, which doesn't have any associated fanart with it, it shows the previous fanart. Is there any way to show just the normal backgrounds of the skin when there is no fanart for an item instead of showing the previous, like in settings? (..or i should just put my own for the ones without?)

Hi

What you describe is a bug I would say I wrote about it some pages back. If an artist has no extra fanart folder available it should fall back to the artists default fanart but it does not and instead shows the fanart of the previous artist that did have extra fanart. Hopefully they can fix this.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=174501&pid=1552450#pid1552450

(2013-11-27, 22:43)craney Wrote: Amazing skin fab work! Just one quick question, im trying to create a main menu called Live Comedy. How do I create the menu and have it point to my library that I have added to the video files menu?

Many Thanks

Use smart playlist. This tutorial is for MQ4, but the priciples are the same. I'll try to update for MQ5 soon.

(2013-11-29, 03:52)dannypcf Wrote: Hello All,

Hi

I also have problem number 1. All my albums have a folder.jpg which are either 600x600 or my newer albums they are 1000x1000 the album cover that gets displayed above the music skin widget is re-sized and poster shaped not square shaped as they should be.

Samu-rai you say you fixed this some how? "I changed was the default music button so that it pointed directly to music artists" I don't follow what you mean here? I have changed the main Music Menu in the menu customisation, so now it always launches in to Music-Albums.

This is how the album cover looks on mine when poster shaped and stretched out etc.

Problem number 2. I don't have I just checked and in wall view with group movie sets on when the panel is displayed and everything dims etc it says Movie Set in red text and the synopsis descriptions of the films in that set can be seen / read. The years of the films are also shown after the title name in brackets.

This is how it looks on mine

Hi

Can anyone else confirm that when playing a music album that is "Various Artists" that Artist SlideShow displays images for "Various Artists" ?

I seem to recall it did this in MQ4 but in MQ5 its all just blank, see screen shots.

The skin is however displaying a 'Various Artsits' fanart image on the main XBMC menu OK, again AS is blank.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=124880&pid=1562141#pid1562141

Many thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - NewMedia - 2013-11-29

(2013-11-29, 14:28)cw-kid Wrote:
(2013-11-29, 01:48)NewMedia Wrote: I don't know if this is due to my settings or the skin or the slideshow or just the design. If I play a movie or song (and it has fan art) it shows fine. When I play a song or artist after the first, which doesn't have any associated fanart with it, it shows the previous fanart. Is there any way to show just the normal backgrounds of the skin when there is no fanart for an item instead of showing the previous, like in settings? (..or i should just put my own for the ones without?)

Hi

What you describe is a bug I would say I wrote about it some pages back. If an artist has no extra fanart folder available it should fall back to the artists default fanart but it does not and instead shows the fanart of the previous artist that did have extra fanart. Hopefully they can fix this.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=174501&pid=1552450#pid1552450

Yes, this is the same bug.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - carmelshay - 2013-11-29

My music fades and stops when i get inside movies\tv menues, this is new for me,did anyone experienced it too?

(2013-11-29, 17:13)carmelshay Wrote: My music fades and stops when i get inside movies\tv menues, this is new for me,did anyone experienced it too?

Have you got TV tunes turned on?

That might be why.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - carmelshay - 2013-11-29

(2013-11-29, 17:15)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2013-11-29, 17:13)carmelshay Wrote: My music fades and stops when i get inside movies\tv menues, this is new for me,did anyone experienced it too?

Have you got TV tunes turned on?

That might be why.

bingo! Big Grin

That was a good guess Cool

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - curtis-r - 2013-11-29

In Music Visualization, if I manually advance a song (period key), the homepage fanart slideshow & bio stick with the previous artist. Is this a skin or alpha9 issue? Confluence doesn't display the slideshow or biography, so I can't test it with another skin.