Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 (/showthread.php?tid=174501)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - umoraes - 2014-01-10

Guys, I'm a AEON MQ fan for years. Now I'm moving to Android sticks "platform devices". Any recommendation about what android stick devices are able to run AEON MQ5 without lags and good performance ?
thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - cw-kid - 2014-01-10

(2014-01-08, 12:58)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2014-01-07, 21:19)schumi2004 Wrote: What tools do you guys use to get movie sets fanart/posters and set them in MQ5? Currently all my sets have default images.
I tried some movie sets fan-art down-loader but that didn't do anything.

I select mine manually.

Usually use the artwork downloader in GUI mode to select the images I want, and then choose this through the context menu.

I've got a strange thing happening with Movie Sets, if I bring up the context menu on a movie set for example the "Alex Cross Collection" and if I select GUI mode and then select Poster, its bringing up artwork for Kung FU Panda. If I do the same on the "30 Days of Night Collection" it works and displays artwork for 30 days of night OK.

However if I try some more like "28 Days Later Collection" and "A Nightmare on Elm Street Collection" and "48 Hrs. Collection" they all display artwork for the kids movie(s) Kim Possible.

Doesn't make any sense. This is only on Movie Sets the ones with the red media cases. Don't think I have this issue when using GUI mode on single movie titles i.e. not sets.

I don't think Artwork Downloader even support Movie Sets anyway's but its odd behaviour to say the least.

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - clayboy - 2014-01-10

(2014-01-10, 11:47)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2014-01-09, 21:57)clayboy Wrote: Can someone assist me with getting movie sets up and working properly ... i have all the addons i scanned my libraray with group movies in sets only got 4 collection out of 2100 movies.. and i can't edit the collections like i used for some reason... im on 12.3 frodo with mq5... shit is driving me insane

example 007 Collection... i have all the movies but only 8 show up in collections... structure each movie is in a separate folder hd /- folder 007 blah /- movie 007blah.bluray

I agree with Denz. It sounds like the scrapper you're using isn't working properly. Use UMS and make suer that themoviedb is set as your source for sets.

I'm using themoviedb scraper and know for sure my folders are in proper naming im very meticulous with that... i use ember media manager i added the sets thru nfo.. but still not getting the extra info when i highlight a collection..i have the addons video extra, extendedinfo, and moviesetart installed

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - schumi2004 - 2014-01-10

(2014-01-07, 21:19)schumi2004 Wrote: What tools do you guys use to get movie sets fanart/posters and set them in MQ5? Currently all my sets have default images.

I select mine manually.

Usually use the artwork downloader in GUI mode to select the images I want, and then choose this through the contect menu.

I let XBMC arrange them in set and it seems i can't bring up context menu to add fanart or backdrops.
Are there other ways to accomplish this?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Samu-rai - 2014-01-10

I can't check atm, but press c when you're on the set should do it?

(2014-01-10, 20:28)clayboy Wrote:
(2014-01-10, 11:47)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2014-01-09, 21:57)clayboy Wrote: Can someone assist me with getting movie sets up and working properly ... i have all the addons i scanned my libraray with group movies in sets only got 4 collection out of 2100 movies.. and i can't edit the collections like i used for some reason... im on 12.3 frodo with mq5... shit is driving me insane

example 007 Collection... i have all the movies but only 8 show up in collections... structure each movie is in a separate folder hd /- folder 007 blah /- movie 007blah.bluray

I agree with Denz. It sounds like the scrapper you're using isn't working properly. Use UMS and make suer that themoviedb is set as your source for sets.

I'm using themoviedb scraper and know for sure my folders are in proper naming im very meticulous with that... i use ember media manager i added the sets thru nfo.. but still not getting the extra info when i highlight a collection..i have the addons video extra, extendedinfo, and moviesetart installed

Sorry. I'm a bit confused now.

So the system is grouping them in sets, but its not showing you the info?

Could you post a screenshot?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - schumi2004 - 2014-01-11

(2014-01-10, 20:47)Samu-rai Wrote: I can't check atm, but press c when you're on the set should do it?
Well, that works. But then i have to select local images. Can't this be done automatically?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Samu-rai - 2014-01-11

Yes. It has to be local images. That's why I use AD first.

I don't know of am automatic way of doing it sorry.

(2014-01-10, 18:02)cw-kid Wrote:

I select mine manually.

Usually use the artwork downloader in GUI mode to select the images I want, and then choose this through the context menu.

I've got a strange thing happening with Movie Sets, if I bring up the context menu on a movie set for example the "Alex Cross Collection" and if I select GUI mode and then select Poster, its bringing up artwork for Kung FU Panda. If I do the same on the "30 Days of Night Collection" it works and displays artwork for 30 days of night OK.

However if I try some more like "28 Days Later Collection" and "A Nightmare on Elm Street Collection" and "48 Hrs. Collection" they all display artwork for the kids movie(s) Kim Possible.

Doesn't make any sense. This is only on Movie Sets the ones with the red media cases. Don't think I have this issue when using GUI mode on single movie titles i.e. not sets.

I don't think Artwork Downloader even support Movie Sets anyway's but its odd behaviour to say the least.

Thanks

I don't use AD on the set its self, but a movie in the set. Then I manually choose that artwork for the set.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - corpgator - 2014-01-12

Is there anyway to have different settings between TV Shows and Movies? For movies, I want the subtitle and audio languages displayed since their languages vary, but for TV, it's all in English, so I'd like them off, but turning one on or off changes the other.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - heslo - 2014-01-12

Absolutely LOVING this skin! Great work!!! I only have one issue, I can't seem to disable items from the main menu like "Programs", "Games", etc. I go into Customize Main Menu, the toggle setting is there to turn off the corresponding menu but it won't toggle, just stays activated. Any ideas?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Wanilton - 2014-01-12

Hello heslo, here work fine, what operational system? what version XBMC?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - iHateMemphiz - 2014-01-12

heslo - go to Settings > Skin Settings > Main Menu and select Custom Main Menu

It's all right there

select programs, for example, and then uncheck show and you're good to go

*note that the submenus are accessed by going left on the menu of interest

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - bagofcrap24 - 2014-01-12

I was wondering if anybody else had experienced this issue or have any kind of solution.

Using Aeon MQ5
It only really bothers me when watching anime as I'm enabling the subtitles for every single episode as I start watching it.

Setup:
XBMC Gotham Running on Windows 8 Pro X64
Running on secondary monitor (a 42" 1080p LED Television) via HDMI
Using XBMC Remote for android to control the media centre

Brief Description of issue:
When using the menu bar at the bottom, It often changes the last used option without any cause.
First Example: (Repeatable)
Start an episode
Press Menu & scroll across to "say" Audio OSD
Press Stop with the menu bar still open
(The selected item actually moves one to the left then stops)
playing the video again and pressing the menu button will result in the menu resuming but the Subtitles (one to the left of where i was) is now selected instead of Audio OSD

Second Example: (50/50 on weather it does it or not)
Start an episode
Press menu and scroll to Audio OSD
Open Audio OSD And enable Subtitles
Press Back twice to go back to video
Watch the rest of the episode
Start the next episode
Press Menu
(The centered item has now jumped one to the right (currently selected on Video OSD)

Here is a video of what I'm trying to say
http://youtu.be/6w2M8mfWkqk

at 00:26 i press stop but if you look closely it moves one to the left then stops.
at 00:32 i resume the video and you can see it has now highlighted Subtitles
on each of the videos i stopped them with Audio OSD selected in the menu
at 01:00 loading the video resulted in the menu being selected on Video OSD

Anyone have any ideas what is causing this or how to stop it?

Edit: sort of worked around the issue by using fixed list instead of wrap

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Maxi - 2014-01-12

(2014-01-10, 16:41)umoraes Wrote: Guys, I'm a AEON MQ fan for years. Now I'm moving to Android sticks "platform devices". Any recommendation about what android stick devices are able to run AEON MQ5 without lags and good performance ?
thanks!

Hi umoraes

I've been looking around Android devices and AeonMQ CPU utilization for some time, and unfortunately my own conclusion is that XBMC/Android and cheap Android HW (< 100 USD) is not ready for prime time (as AeonMQ) yet. Also I've never found anybody reporting having been able to run AeonMQ over Android sticks.

In any case, I'd recommend you not to look for generic Android Sticks (usually based on A-9 ARM), but solutions based on ARM A-15 chipsets (more performance per CPU core). You can find A-15 chipsets on devices using NvidiaTegra-4 and Samung's Exynos 5. They MIGHT be able to run AeonMQ (you may want to test it on some friend's tablet using those chipsets before making any investment). I never found a "stick" device with a Tegra 4 (Ouya has Tegra 3), but there're a few devices with Exynos 5 like Odroid-XU.

By the way, don't get too exited about the number of cores (like Exynos Quad-Core). While I'm no expert on this area, my understanding is the way XBMC is structured (as a single loop) doesn't allow it to use all available CPUs.

If you look in the forums, you will see some people already testing XBMC over Odroid. You might want to ask them to test AeonMQ.

And if you come to any conclusion...please post it and let us know!!!

EDIT: Ups... seems that my statement of Ouya and MQ5 has been challenged 10 days ago. Here's somebody stating that he's running MQ5 in Ouya... you may want t contact him.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2593420

Kr

Max

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - schumi2004 - 2014-01-12

Probably a stupid question but I forgot how to disable INFO screen when I put series /movies in pause?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Wanilton - 2014-01-12

schumi2004, when playing, press m, in menu, select option furniture, furniture - hidden mode.