Kodi Community Forum
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU) (/showthread.php?tid=176718)

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - OllieB - 2014-02-13

(2014-02-13, 11:12)zag Wrote: I had this as well, try reseating the RAM.

This worked for me and not had a problem since!

@zag, thanks for the suggestion. Not sure how this would help (am expecting a BIOS problem), but then again it sounds like an easy fix so I will definitely give that a go this evening.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - micoba - 2014-02-13

(2014-02-13, 01:54)seapoint Wrote: Here's the best I've found the Akasa for - excluding delivery to Ireland http://minipc.de/catalog/il/1804

It's already available for 57,80€! See here:

Akasa Newton H

http://www.caseking.de/shop/catalog/Akasa-Newton-H-UCFF-Gehaeuse-Intel-NUC-schwarz::26144.html

Re: RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - dbldown768 - 2014-02-13

(2014-02-13, 11:29)OllieB Wrote:

@zag, thanks for the suggestion. Not sure how this would help (am expecting a BIOS problem), but then again it sounds like an easy fix so I will definitely give that a go this evening.

Not sure if this is the same issue but my power button didn't work before either. I wasn't sure why it wouldn't turn on. I was holding and holding the button, nothing. I grabbed my remote and pushed the power button. Sucker came right on.

(2014-02-13, 15:02)dbldown768 Wrote: Not sure if this is the same issue but my power button didn't work before either. I wasn't sure why it wouldn't turn on. I was holding and holding the button, nothing. I grabbed my remote and pushed the power button. Sucker came right on.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I have tried "wake up on LAN" via my iPhone, my Xbox 360 media remote, a USB attached keyboard and the power button. Unfortunately none of them worked.

I will try the suggestion made by zag tonight. If that doesn't work I might give removing the motherboard to access the CMOS battery another try, otherwise I have no other choice than to ship my unit back to the vendor.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - dbldown768 - 2014-02-13

I'm not suggesting wake on LAN. I'm suggesting using IR.

(2014-02-13, 15:16)dbldown768 Wrote: I'm not suggesting wake on LAN. I'm suggesting using IR.

I know; my Xbox 360 media remote is an IR remote. Unfortunately that does not work either.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - bukhlef - 2014-02-13

(2014-02-13, 05:08)bustamelon Wrote:
(2014-02-12, 23:30)bukhlef Wrote: Ok this is noobish i know, but i really don't know how to execute these two commands, i already connected to my NUC via SSH but what shall i do to execute these commands after i pasted them in SSH window >.> i even tried ExtraPutty still same thing nothing happens

Do these one line at a time, hitting ENTER after each:

Code:
cd /storage/.config
touch autostart.sh
chmod +x autostart.sh
nano autostart.sh

Now you should be in the nano app. It's a text editor. You're editing the autostart file to have the following content, which you can paste in a block, all at once:

Code:
# IR fix
modprobe -r nuvoton-cir
echo "auto" > /sys/bus/acpi/devices/NTN0530\:00/physical_node/resources
modprobe nuvoton-cir

After you've done that, save the file. If you press Ctrl-X, for exit, it will ask you whether you want to save the file. Ctrl-O is for saving file without exiting the editor. Ctrl-G is for help on key combinations.

Once you've saved autostart.sh, reboot the NUC, and you should be good to go.

Thank you so much, it worked! restarting now to see Smile

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - phantom_lord - 2014-02-13

How does running the NUC on windows compare to Openelec? Currently using OE but considering Windows so that I can use netflix

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - Crssi - 2014-02-13

Just fine. No problems here. Boot times are the same, half a second up or down.
I would choose OE over Win because of high win licence costs.
But for netflix you have no choice, so windows, otherwise OE.

Edit: OE is fast and simple to install and running xbmc in a few minutes. And for windows we all know it is a least couple of hours from begining of installation to fine tune.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - jinkyjim - 2014-02-13

(2014-02-13, 20:22)phantom_lord Wrote: How does running the NUC on windows compare to Openelec? Currently using OE but considering Windows so that I can use netflix

I have tried win 7, ubuntu, OE, and now win 7 lite, its only a 4GB installation and its as fast as OE,
i have netflix, installed,
very happy with this little box.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - fritsch - 2014-02-13

What is win 7 lite?

(2014-02-13, 20:40)fritsch Wrote: What is win 7 lite?

a stripped down version of WIN 7,
take out what you want, leave what you want.

http://lifehacker.com/5894838/customize-your-windows-installation-to-create-the-os-of-your-dreams

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - fritsch - 2014-02-13

Thanks much, did not know this.

(2014-02-13, 11:29)OllieB Wrote:

@zag, regrettably your solution did not do the trick for my problem. I ended up trying to remove the motherboard to access the CMOS battery and I managed to get the board out! For those interested: lift the board up on the side of the network port and apply some pressure on the ports from the outside of the case. Subsequently I unplugged the CMOS battery cables from the board for a couple of seconds, reassembled and voila: my NUC starts again.

Still don't have the Intel boot screen back but at least the power button works again.

(2014-02-13, 20:52)fritsch Wrote: Thanks much, did not know this.

And thank you for XBMC.