Kodi Community Forum
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU) (/showthread.php?tid=176718)

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - bustamelon - 2014-02-22

(2014-02-22, 23:28)nickr Wrote: No, .config not ,config

Right. Typo. Thanks. Fixed.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - capatin - 2014-02-23

Hi,

My config:
Nuc i3 4010, windows 8.1 pro, Xbmc 12.3, Harmony One

I can't completely turn off my nuc when I stop all my equipment activity "Movies". The nuc is put into hibernation

Thank you in advance for your help.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - siris - 2014-02-23

(2014-02-22, 23:22)bustamelon Wrote:
(2014-02-22, 21:44)siris Wrote:
(2014-02-22, 20:47)bustamelon Wrote: Take the hash/pound signs out from the last 3 lines. Those make them comments, and the system ignores them. It should look like this:
PHP Code:
#!/bin/sh
modprobe -r nuvoton-cir
echo "auto" > /sys/bus/acpi/devices/NTN0530\:00/physical_node/resources
modprobe nuvoton
-cir 

Thanks. I've changed it. Still not working though - could it be that autostart.sh is not executed - how do I check?

Copied from autostart.sh after your changes:

#!/bin/sh
modprobe -r nuvoton-cir
echo "auto" > /sys/bus/acpi/devices/NTN0530\:00/physical_node/resources
modprobe nuvoton-cir

File is located Root/Configfiles folder. I've again SSHed # chmod +x /storage/.config/autostart.sh.

Thanks for helping out!

Hmm. Did you put the hash mark in fron of the chmod command too? Or is that just a prompt?
Make sure that doesn't go in there and try (that line) again. Failing that, you can try from scratch following the steps in this post. Good luck!

** Edit:
Oh, it looks like maybe the autostart.sh is in the wrong place. Should be in /storage/.config/

I figured it out. For some reason Notepad didn't show a line break between line 1 and 2 in autostart.ch, but when I opened it via Nano it shows - cleaned it up and now everything works!

Thank you very much for helping, much appreciated. Smile

Re: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - nickr - 2014-02-23

Never ever ever use notepad for editing linux files. notepad++ if you insist on using windows.

On to the next problem...

All set-up and working well...except for the remote, which I for the life of me can't get figured out -

So, some background -

1) Logitech Harmony 650

2) Have since, through the MyHarmony site, loaded 3 devices - MCE Remote, MCE Keyboard and XBMC.

3) All of the above work somewhat (left, right, play, some with menu/context, some with esc/back etc - but none work completely.) Contextual menu the biggest issue.

4) From what I've read I should now customise the keymap.xml file to remap certain remote presses. After reading up on xbmc wiki and other sites explaining this I still have no frikking idea how to do it.

Can I use someone's elses Harmony keymap file (should work?). Is there a very simple set of instructions for total idiots. Please, anything to save me from dumping this NUC in the dustbin and going back to an ATV2 again.

Thanks!

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - scarecrow420 - 2014-02-23

i just use the Harmony software to map the remote buttons to the standard XBMC keyboard inputs. Eg P for Play R rewind F fastforward, C context menu, etc.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - Taxcheat - 2014-02-23

(2014-02-23, 07:27)nickr Wrote: Never ever ever use notepad for editing linux files. notepad++ if you insist on using windows.

There's also gedit for windows, which works extremely well. Just be sure to select linux line endings when saving. Or for some added irony, vi for 64-bit windows.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - nooryani84 - 2014-02-23

delete post

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - jotenakis - 2014-02-23

Hello
I am looking forward to buying this NUC fanless
http://www.logicsupply.fr/systems/logic-supply-computers/core-ml320/

I read the first 60 pages of this interesting topic.
I was first afraid about issue when using HW decoding (black level issue).

It seems it has been fixed thanks to a few of you.

Can you confirm there is now a very good PQ with latest NUC, either with SW and HW decoding ? My intention is to use OE or XBMCbuntu.
- No tearing ?
- No audio issue (passthrough) ?
- No color issue ?
- No black level issue ?
- Perfect and automatic refresh switching (23.976, 24p, ...) ?

Other issue I should be aware of ?

I will use a Bluetooth Logitech TK820 as remote control.

Thanks for advise.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - tutu - 2014-02-23

Well for not particular reason at all my NUC power button has stopped working. I cannot power on by the button on the top. I can power on via my remote however.

I can power off using the button which suggests it's not a hardware issue. I am on BIOS 24.

Did anyone find a solution to this problem? I tried resetting the BIOS to defaults (in the BIOS menu). Intel should really have put a CMOS reset button on the top!

The only difference is I started to use sleep mode in XBMC recently.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - bustamelon - 2014-02-23

(2014-02-23, 16:46)tutu Wrote: Well for not particular reason at all my NUC power button has stopped working. I cannot power on by the button on the top. I can power on via my remote however.

I can power off using the button which suggests it's not a hardware issue. I am on BIOS 24.

Did anyone find a solution to this problem? I tried resetting the BIOS to defaults (in the BIOS menu). Intel should really have put a CMOS reset button on the top!

The only difference is I started to use sleep mode in XBMC recently.

Try this (post #23):
https://communities.intel.com/message/223926#223926

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - nooryani84 - 2014-02-23

(2014-02-15, 09:57)g28s Wrote: The color range is set to full, changing it to limited or auto washes the colors out more but the blacks are still gray. On the nVidia system there is no special setting on the control panel, everything is just out of the box.
Might be my old Sony TV that has the problem. Gonna go check on a friend's TV and keep you posted.

I'm not on my NUC right now, but last time I checked you should have options in the various menus to use Application Settings or custom settings. IE. the application will control the color levels etc. See if you can try that and report back if there are any changes.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - voip-ninja - 2014-02-23

(2014-02-23, 13:09)siris Wrote: On to the next problem...

All set-up and working well...except for the remote, which I for the life of me can't get figured out -

So, some background -

1) Logitech Harmony 650

2) Have since, through the MyHarmony site, loaded 3 devices - MCE Remote, MCE Keyboard and XBMC.

3) All of the above work somewhat (left, right, play, some with menu/context, some with esc/back etc - but none work completely.) Contextual menu the biggest issue.

4) From what I've read I should now customise the keymap.xml file to remap certain remote presses. After reading up on xbmc wiki and other sites explaining this I still have no frikking idea how to do it.

Can I use someone's elses Harmony keymap file (should work?). Is there a very simple set of instructions for total idiots. Please, anything to save me from dumping this NUC in the dustbin and going back to an ATV2 again.

Thanks!

You should not need to customize the key map file unless you just aren't happy with how buttons are mapped. What OS are you using? With OE the context menus are there but they are mapped to keys like "guide" and it changes based on what menu you are in.

(2014-02-23, 19:02)voip-ninja Wrote:

So, some background -

1) Logitech Harmony 650

Thanks!

You should not need to customize the key map file unless you just aren't happy with how buttons are mapped. What OS are you using? With OE the context menus are there but they are mapped to keys like "guide" and it changes based on what menu you are in.

I haven't been able to find a Device that has all the keys necessary for the Harmony 650 e.g. Contextual Menu/Back/Info etc. I used this, seems to have worked fairly well and will tweak later - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=153698

I am currently thoroughly confused and frustrated... Sad

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - seapoint - 2014-02-23

(2014-02-23, 22:42)siris Wrote:
(2014-02-23, 19:02)voip-ninja Wrote:

So, some background -

1) Logitech Harmony 650

Thanks!

I haven't been able to find a Device that has all the keys necessary for the Harmony 650 e.g. Contextual Menu/Back/Info etc. I used this, seems to have worked fairly well and will tweak later - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=153698

I am currently thoroughly confused and frustrated... Sad

Harmony Remote Software

Manufacturer : Microsoft
Device : XBMC

Should work!