Kodi Community Forum
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU) (/showthread.php?tid=176718)

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - Bryman31 - 2013-12-15

quick question for you all.......................

is there a forum for basic NUC questions? i have a few questions..............but this in an XBMC forum and id feel stupid asking them here.....

they aren't solid questions yet........ive been setting up my NUC in the office with a 19" flat screen, and hopefully when i get it all hooked up the the 52" in the basement ill figure it all out.................

HOPEFULLY...

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - -DDD- - 2013-12-16

Maybe here - https://communities.intel.com/community/tech/nuc

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - Settepotet - 2013-12-16

(2013-12-15, 15:42)arokh Wrote: Yes it does. However, there's a bug in the ALSA/Linux driver that causes audio to disappear if you have "adjust display refresh rate to match video" enabled in XBMC.

Seems there was a typo in my first post. "displayet one" meens displayport. But it seems like you understood that. I find it rather disappointing that a device with a mini-HDMI, don't work with a adapter connected... Will try a mini HDMI -> HDMI cable today..

I will not be running Linux, but W7 and XBMC. Or maybe W8 if W7 have problems. I also ordered CL9 memory, but now I read that the NUC prefers CL11. Well, better get image first and find about other possible issues later....

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - ascl_ - 2013-12-16

FWIW it works fine here with a mini-HDMI to HDMI adapter and cheap HDMI cable. Maybe you just got a dud adapter?

(the adapter I got was a cheapie from ebay, so not like I got anything super high quality).

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - Richie - 2013-12-16

Is anyone here running Openelec on the i3 and got suspend working properly.

If so, can you post your build version and and tweaks/fixes that made it work. My Nuc still won't stay suspended and it's losing wife approval :/

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - Settepotet - 2013-12-16

(2013-12-16, 08:38)ascl_ Wrote: FWIW it works fine here with a mini-HDMI to HDMI adapter and cheap HDMI cable. Maybe you just got a dud adapter?

(the adapter I got was a cheapie from ebay, so not like I got anything super high quality).

It's just wierd that the adapter works with my gaming rig with a nvidia card.... Oh well, will try a new one today. Smile

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - d_hero - 2013-12-16

I haven't caught up with this thread in a while, but I know a lot of people are having problems with the NUC. I can't understand it, I have had it for 2-3 weeks now, installed the latest nightly of Openelec 4 and just updated to 16559, everything has been rock solid, not a single problem and the machine has been on for the entire time i've had. I see people having suspend problems, but I realised that suspend for me is just not needed, uses so little power compared to my last machines that it just stays on. It's perfect! And openelec is great, never used it till now but should have used it much sooner! Anyone struggling with XBMC, just install an Openelec nightly.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - gamble - 2013-12-16

Tried setting the Autom. Refresh rate "on" ?

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - Selene - 2013-12-16

He probably hasn't, since he said he's not having problems. Smile

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - 753951 - 2013-12-16

(2013-12-16, 08:14)Settepotet Wrote: I will not be running Linux, but W7 and XBMC. Or maybe W8 if W7 have problems. I also ordered CL9 memory, but now I read that the NUC prefers CL11. Well, better get image first and find about other possible issues later....

That's interesting. Where did you read this?

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - Richie - 2013-12-16

(2013-12-16, 11:30)d_hero Wrote: I haven't caught up with this thread in a while, but I know a lot of people are having problems with the NUC. I can't understand it, I have had it for 2-3 weeks now, installed the latest nightly of Openelec 4 and just updated to 16559, everything has been rock solid, not a single problem and the machine has been on for the entire time i've had. I see people having suspend problems, but I realised that suspend for me is just not needed, uses so little power compared to my last machines that it just stays on. It's perfect! And openelec is great, never used it till now but should have used it much sooner! Anyone struggling with XBMC, just install an Openelec nightly.

I continue to see people brush off the suspend issue. Yes it doesn't affect you, but it does affect people running a NAS, like me. It is an issue and intel need to fix it, I've had email confirmation they are working on it.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - gamble - 2013-12-16

Hm, due to the Shutdown/Suspend Issues i now kept my Nuc running all time too, but my Synology still goes into
Hibernate when i don't watch movies..

With the new nightlies NFS Skraping works again, so for now with software decoding, Multi Threading enabled
and GUI set to 24p 95% of my 260 untouched MKV work fine...i can live with that for now Smile

The 2 Main Problems now are getting VA-API to work 100% fine and fixing the Audio Issue with Autom. Refresh Rate then we´re golden...

Thought about getting a Apple remote cuz i like the clean style any ideas ?

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - zag - 2013-12-16

I was gonna say the same thing Wink just set your NAS to turn off after inactivity. Although the suspend obviously needs to be fixed also at some point.

The NUC actually takes up less power than my set top box in sleep mode lol

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - tutu - 2013-12-16

Does the openelec retroplayer build contain the same intel fixes? Thanks

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - d_hero - 2013-12-16

(2013-12-16, 17:04)Richie Wrote:
(2013-12-16, 11:30)d_hero Wrote: I haven't caught up with this thread in a while, but I know a lot of people are having problems with the NUC. I can't understand it, I have had it for 2-3 weeks now, installed the latest nightly of Openelec 4 and just updated to 16559, everything has been rock solid, not a single problem and the machine has been on for the entire time i've had. I see people having suspend problems, but I realised that suspend for me is just not needed, uses so little power compared to my last machines that it just stays on. It's perfect! And openelec is great, never used it till now but should have used it much sooner! Anyone struggling with XBMC, just install an Openelec nightly.

I continue to see people brush off the suspend issue. Yes it doesn't affect you, but it does affect people running a NAS, like me. It is an issue and intel need to fix it, I've had email confirmation they are working on it.

im sorry, didnt mean to sound like i was brushing it off, i was just talking about me, im sure its important for others. Of course if it was fully working then maybe i would look to suspend my device anyway, plus it should be working as it is a pretty core part of a PC, so im glad they are working on it. All i was saying is that as I dont use it, the rest of the machine works flawlessly for me, I toyed with getting one of those SoC boxes, Pivos or something like that, but so glad I went for this instead.